PDA

View Full Version : Delaware's new Asst. S&C coach is from App St.

Griswold
January 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
This was posted in an ASU alumni newsletter that was sent out...

Brett Gerch (2000) recently accepted a position at University of Delaware located in Newark, DE as assistant strength and conditioning coach. Brett recently was employed at Velocity Sports Performance as head sports performance coach in Baltimore, MD.

MR. CHICKEN
January 24th, 2007, 03:50 PM
OH YEAH...WE COMIN' TA GET YA...YOSEF & MONTE.......:nod:....AWK!

lizrdgizrd
January 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
If you can't beat us, become us? Is that the ticket?! xlolx

ChickenMan
January 25th, 2007, 07:53 AM
If you can't beat us, become us? Is that the ticket?! xlolx

more like can't play us... since UD and ASU have have never played a game...

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe hiring one of our alums will make that more likely to happen! :thumbsup:

Mr. C
January 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Delaware and Appalachian State nearly played last year. The story I heard was that Delaware was also set for a home and home, but that Jerry Moore nixed the deal.

Anybody have any additional info on Gerch. Off the top of my head, I don't remember this fellow.

89Hen
January 25th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Delaware and Appalachian State nearly played last year. The story I heard was that Delaware was also set for a home and home, but that Jerry Moore nixed the deal.
First I've heard of that. We had last years schedule set at least two years ago.

andy7171
January 25th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Off the subject: lizrdgizrd? New avatar? Congratulations in order?

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Off the subject: lizrdgizrd? New avatar? Congratulations in order?
Well, it's an old pic, but one of my favorites. He's 13mo. now.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/368953568_205eb2fce3_m.jpg

andy7171
January 25th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Very cute. Congrats, didn't know.
My youngest daughter(I have three) is 15 months.
It's a fun rascally age.

Enough of the reality, back to discussing how Delaware wants to become ASU. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Very cute. Congrats, didn't know.
My youngest daughter(I have three) is 15 months.
It's a fun rascally age.

Enough of the reality, back to discussing how Delaware wants to become ASU. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thanks! He's definitely a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Delaware wishes it could be ASU...

YoUDeeMan
January 25th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Delaware wishes it could be ASU...

Why? Delaware has far more national championships than ASU. :hurray:

Congrats on the I-AA championship over the last two years,:thumbsup: but we've had much more success over the long term and next year we will be back in the playoffs again.

I would like to see a home and home with ASU. All of the posts about the great BBQ places near ASU got my mouth watering and hoping we'd get a chance to play you folks some day. :nod:

SunCoastBlueHen
January 25th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I would like to see a home and home with ASU. All of the posts about the great BBQ places near ASU got my mouth watering and hoping we'd get a chance to play you folks some day. :nod:

Yep. :nod:

A home and home with ASU would be high on my wish list, also.

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Congrats on the I-AA championship over the last two years,:thumbsup: but we've had much more success over the long term and next year we will be back in the playoffs again.

I figured I'd get someone's blood to boil with statement. xlolx

I think we've got twice as many DI championships as you. :smiley_wi:

I'd love to see a home and home with Delaware!

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 10:06 AM

How many NCs does Delaware have? I see 1 DI-AA and 1 DII. Am I missing any?

GannonFan
January 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
How many NCs does Delaware have? I see 1 DI-AA and 1 DII. Am I missing any?

There are 6 in total - the 1 in IAA in '03, then a DII in '79. The other NC's are all wire-poll championships as the NCAA either didn't exist or they just didn't have NC's back then (DII playoffs didn't start until '73 or '74) - AP and UPI NC's i n 1971 and 1972, UPI NC's in 1963 as well as AP NC's in 1946. The 1946 team was even ranked #19 in the major college football poll at the end of the year.

lizrdgizrd
January 25th, 2007, 10:35 AM
There are 6 in total - the 1 in IAA in '03, then a DII in '79. The other NC's are all wire-poll championships as the NCAA either didn't exist or they just didn't have NC's back then (DII playoffs didn't start until '73 or '74) - AP and UPI NC's i n 1971 and 1972, UPI NC's in 1963 as well as AP NC's in 1946. The 1946 team was even ranked #19 in the major college football poll at the end of the year.
That explains why I couldn't find them on the NCAA or NAIA sites. So was Delaware the mid-major NC during those poll years?

SunCoastBlueHen
January 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
That explains why I couldn't find them on the NCAA or NAIA sites. So was Delaware the mid-major NC during those poll years?

Same meaning, but I believe the term they used back in the day was "Small College Champions".

GannonFan
January 25th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Same meaning, but I believe the term they used back in the day was "Small College Champions".

Yup, that was the accepted terminology during those years - Major College and Small College. Pretty much the names change all the times - Small College, then DII, then DI-AA, now FCS. I'm sure there'll be many more names before I kick the bucket.

henfan
January 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure I buy this rumor. UD insists their schedule is filled until at least 2011 and was having trouble getting UPenn on board for that reason.
Besides, why would Jerry Moore not want to play any game? App State hasn't exactly been getting overwhelmed with scheduling offers recently.

This reminds me that I don't recall UD having ever faced ASU in any sport. A buddy tells me that he thinks the two schools played in baseball in the 1980's but, for the life of me, I just don't remember it. Jog anybody's memory?

89Hen
January 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
We were never MM or small. Just ask DetroitFlyer... we've always been part of the old guard.

Appstate29
January 25th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I would also like to see a home-home with UD. My girlfriend has family up there and her dad is a UD grad, so I could probably make it to both games.

phillyAPP
January 25th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I'd LOVE to see the game tooo !!!!!!
I almost went to DU decided on DU ( Drexel U.)
Then married an APP girl life has been good in the South.
I Love my little blonde southern wife and APP Football !!!!!!!!!!

GO APPS

PS- I'm not a even a turncoat cause drexel didn't have football -I did like to road trip to Newark to party though. Can't remember alot of them ?

aust42
January 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM
We've had a home/home with Georgia Southern, the Citidel and Furman coming up. I would love an Ap St home/home. Ap St could be next. Two great 1AA programs with passionate tailgating fans. Bring it on! I want to tailgate at is it "the rock"? in Boone? We'll see ya next year for sure in the playoffs! :smiley_wi

phillyAPP
January 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I meant I almost went to UD, University of Delaware