PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern picks up a bruiser

CSUBUCDAD
January 23rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
RB Mario Carter 5-8 190 announce this past week that he will attend CSU next fall and play for coach Mills and the Bucs. This bruising runner rushed for over 2000 yards and 32 touchdowns in leading his team to the state championship game this past year. Hopefully this will put a little more teeth in the running game for the Bucs. Appears he is a good student as well with a GPA of 3.3.

CCU97
January 23rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Great recruit for you guys at RB...although the 3.3 GPA in SC does not make him a scholar by any means, it is good enough for him to do well in his classes.

Ol Blue
January 23rd, 2007, 11:07 AM
He sounds good. May make an early impact.

OL FU
January 23rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Great recruit for you guys at RB...although the 3.3 GPA in SC does not make him a scholar by any means, it is good enough for him to do well in his classes.

Or in any other state depending on the high school and curricula:eyebrow:

Sly Fox
January 23rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
I remember Rick Barnes informing us Texans what a quality secondary educational system you folks have down there in SC. xlolx

Nice pickup, guys.

MarkCCU
January 23rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
good pick up. hopefully he'll help fill the spaces

AZGrizFan
January 23rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
RB Mario Carter 5-8 190 announce this past week that he will attend CSU next fall and play for coach Mills and the Bucs. This bruising runner rushed for over 2000 yards and 32 touchdowns in leading his team to the state championship game this past year. Hopefully this will put a little more teeth in the running game for the Bucs. Appears he is a good student as well with a GPA of 3.3.

Doesn't sound like a bruiser. Sounds like a bowling ball. :eyebrow: :cool:

CSUBUCDAD
January 23rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
For a kid that likes to run over people he still gained that much yardage and put up an unreal 32 TD's. I'd say that is pretty bruising. Now if you wanna talk bowling ball, I am 5'8 and 280, that is a bowling ball:nod:

AZGrizFan
January 23rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
For a kid that likes to run over people he still gained that much yardage and put up an unreal 32 TD's. I'd say that is pretty bruising. Now if you wanna talk bowling ball, I am 5'8 and 280, that is a bowling ball:nod:

That CAN'T have been your fightin' weight, DAD. Put on a few LB's since you hung up the uniform? xlolx :nod: :p :cool:

ASU Kep
January 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
5'8'' and 190 lbs, as good as he may be, he's no "bruiser." A bruiser is a Jerome Bettis, a Walter Payton, a Mike Alstott, etc...

SuperJon
January 23rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
A bruiser is 6'3 235.

Your guy sounds like Pat Hall at Coastal, which isn't a bad thing at all.

CSU BUCS
January 23rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
We have some short RB's
3 Kenny Harper RB 5-9 218 R-Jr. Knoxville, TN/South Doyle/ETSU

28 Andre Copeland RB 5-8 185 So. Lake City, FL/Univ. of South Florida

30 Alexius Ferguson RB 5-9 180 Jr. St. Augustine, FL/St. Augustine

39 Matt Durham RB 5-5 180 Sr. Pickens, SC/Daniel HS

CSUBUCDAD
January 24th, 2007, 07:13 AM
That CAN'T have been your fightin' weight, DAD. Put on a few LB's since you hung up the uniform? xlolx :nod: :p :cool:
Not even close. During my active duty days I was right around 185-190 for the most part. But I had a 47 inch chest, 32 waist and tree trunks for arms and legs too.

Coastal89
February 5th, 2007, 07:23 AM
CSU's bruiser decided to go to Presbyterian. xlolx xlolx

Carter Switches To Presbyterian
RB Mario Carter (5-10 185) of Irmo has switched his commitment from Charleston Southern to Presbyterian. Carter is one of 18 commitments for Bobby Bentley's first class with the Blue Hose. PC commitments to this point:
(Feb. 5)

SuperJon
February 5th, 2007, 07:28 AM
That's funny.

CSUBUCDAD
February 5th, 2007, 07:53 AM
CSU's bruiser decided to go to Presbyterian. xlolx xlolx

Carter Switches To Presbyterian
RB Mario Carter (5-10 185) of Irmo has switched his commitment from Charleston Southern to Presbyterian. Carter is one of 18 commitments for Bobby Bentley's first class with the Blue Hose. PC commitments to this point:
(Feb. 5)
Soundsl like he wanted to stay a little closer to home to me. Not uncommon at all Wish him the best ther a Pres. Jada Ross might not feel the same way about him backing out and Carter has to face him on the field, not me.

chantman
February 5th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I'm sure Jada and the boys will be looking for him in the Fall.:nod:

HensRock
February 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Dad, If you want to talk bowling balls, look no further than your avatar!
:hyped: :hyped:

CSU Girl
February 5th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I hear CSU has a great recruiting class coming in this season.

Purple Pride
February 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM
From the LCD:

Kicker Case Cooper of Destin, Fla., has agreed to walk on to UCA despite having scholarship offers from Charleston Southern and Richmond.

"It felt like home" said Cooper. "I really liked the people, the coaches and the football facilities were excellent. I grew up in Arkansas until I was six and then moved to Florida. "Arkansas is just home for me, it's always been. I've always wanted to move back to Arkansas. I like it up here"

Coach Clint Conque handled the recruitment of Cooper.

"I like him" said Cooper. "He's crazy. I like how he wears his hat backwards. It makes you think he's relaxed."

Cooper (5-11, 170) was seven of 11 on field goals and averaged 42 yards per punt. Cooper's long field goal for the year was a 40-yarder and he had a 50-yarder his junior year. Cooper has hit from 63 yards in practice. Cooper was excellent on kickoffs with 85 percent being touchbacks.

CSUBUCDAD
February 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I hear CSU has a great recruiting class coming in this season.
Well, other than Carter(now he has bolted) I haven't heard or seen a peep on any of them. Mills and the coaching staff couldn't be any quieter than they are at the moment. Guess we find out Wednesday though.