PDA

View Full Version : JSU commitment looking at Brown.

Cocky
January 23rd, 2007, 07:02 AM
NO HARM IN LOOKING: Alexandria senior Chris Findley has committed to play football for Jacksonville State, but he's still going to take his official recruiting visit to Brown University.

And why shouldn't he? In addition to his football achievements, Findley is in the top one percent of his class in academics and has a 4.0 grade-point average with a 28 on the ACT.

Appstate29
January 23rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
sounds like a great student athlete for JSU.

Cobblestone
January 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
I don't think he'll like football at Brown. They play in a pretty nice facility and have a good coach but they play in front of very small crowds who mostly sit with their backs to the field and gossip with one another. I've never been to a sports venue in my life where so few people watched the game.

Yes, the academics at Brown are exceptional but I hope he's able to get a generous financial aid package since Brown is one of the most expensive schools in the country and to my knowledge Ivy League schools still do not award athletic scholarships.

Mr. C
January 23rd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Brown just won the Ivy League title in 2005 and has produced some great players in recent years. RB Nick Hartigan was third in the Payton Award balloting in 2005 and LB Zac De Ossie was a Buchanan Award finalist this year. De Ossie, whose dad played many years in the NFL, now appears headed towards an NFL career. Hartigan also interviewed for one of those coveted spots as a Rhodes Scholar. I'm sure if Findley is a good player, they will find some way to get him the need-based aid and academic scholarship money he needs. Brown is a great school and Phil Estes does a great job coaching the football team.