PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back, What was the Best FCS/I-AA Game Last Year?

Zoo
January 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
For me, it has to be JMU - YSU. That game was excellent, it was close all game, it was just absolutely wonderful. I'm glad I chose that over USC - ND that night.

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM
For me, it has to be JMU - YSU. That game was excellent, it was close all game, it was just absolutely wonderful. I'm glad I chose that over USC - ND that night.

I liked that one, as well as Mass-Montana. UNH and Northwestern Definitly deserves an honorable mention. :D

boonedocks
January 22nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
I've got to cast my vote for UNH vs Delaware

UNH 40
January 22nd, 2007, 08:58 PM

I have to a agree with you on that one.:nod:

appfan2008
January 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
how about the title game asu umass!

NDSUFREAK
January 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
NDSU vs SDSU

:homer:

:p

(national championship)

DrG
January 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
I'm biased, but UMass-Montana.

BlueHen86
January 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'll go with UNH over Delaware:bawling:

MR. CHICKEN
January 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
I liked that one, as well as Mass-Montana. UNH and Northwestern Definitly deserves an honorable mention. :D

IFIN'..........UNH vs NOR'WESTERN.....IS....HONORABLE MENTION........DEN........UNH vs DELAWARE...52-49.....IS QUITE HONORABLE......;)....AWK!

UMASS vs GRIZZWOLDS.......MAH FAVORITE GAME O' DUH YEAR...:rotateh:...BRAWK!

SouthernEagle02
January 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
The best game took place this year in Paulson which saw the Eagles take the #1 Mountaineers to two overtimes before falling a little short. Yes, its a homer vote but it was the best game. And remember kids, before Eagles can soar, they got to "Hatch"

ASU Kep
January 22nd, 2007, 11:57 PM
The best game took place this year in Paulson which saw the Eagles take the #1 Mountaineers to two overtimes before falling a little short. Yes, its a homer vote but it was the best game. And remember kids, before Eagles can soar, they got to "Hatch"

I was going to bring that game up, too. I'm really glad I went down for it.

JaxStateManager
January 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Even though we lost, I'll say the JSU/Furman game in week one.

FlyYtown
January 23rd, 2007, 05:24 AM
The best game by far was the James Madison @ Youngstown State game. It was on prime-time ESPN2, and was by far the best game of the night. A tremendous 4th quarter comeback by the Penguins in front of a packed Stambaugh Stadium----Vintage Youngstown State.

Col Hogan
January 23rd, 2007, 06:41 AM
1 - UNH - Northwestern
2 - UMass - Montana

bluehenbillk
January 23rd, 2007, 07:18 AM
The 3 that come to mind that I saw were in no specific order:

UNH-UD
UMass-Montana
JMU-YSU

CharlestonAppFan
January 23rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
UMass vs. Montana (seems to be the consensus here)
UMass vs. App

UMass played some very good games this year...

JMU_Fan_2007
January 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
JMU-YSU could get my vote for the worst game of the year.

Now the JMU-UNH game, THAT was a good game... it took UNH weeks to recover...

Umass74
January 23rd, 2007, 08:22 AM
UMass played some barn-burners in 2006.

UMass-UNH I was decided on the last play of the game when UMass defensive end John Hatchell bats down a UNH pitch to win the game with UNH inside the UMass five yard line.

Then in the playoff game UMass-UNH II, his brother Jason Hatchell in virtually the same circumstances bats down a UNH pass with no time left to win the game again!

Then of course, against Maine, Witcomb drives Maine to a score with 1 minute 44 seconds left to make the game 10-9 UMass. Maine tries a two point conversion off a fake extra point. UMass stops the play but Maine had a penalty, which gave them another try. UMass rushes the kicker and he shanks a miss left for a UMass win. Whew!

Then UMass plays two Tong Wars against Montana and Appalachian State in the playoffs.

I'm still tired :p

Oh, I forgot. UMass comes within an eyelash of beating Navy, loosing by one point.

CSUBUCDAD
January 23rd, 2007, 08:43 AM
My vote goes to the Youngstown v UMass game.

HENJOHN
January 23rd, 2007, 08:46 AM
The best game I saw in person or on TV was also the thrilling UNH-Delaware game although it hurt at the end. :)

lizrdgizrd
January 23rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
I'd say these are the top 3 that I saw this year in no particular order:

JMU-YSU
UMass-Montana
ASU-UMass

cosmo here
January 23rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Lafayette-Lehigh

Mountain Hawks score first, then the Leopards score 28 straight, the Mountain Hawks get two scores before halftime and score coming out to start the second half, but the PAT hits the upright so it's 28-27. Lafayette scores on three straight possessions to win 49-27 and earn its third straight Patriot League championship after starting the season 2-5.

RabidRabbit
January 23rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Best FCS vs BCS game: NDSU vs U of Mn. What a barn burner! :thumbsup:

Best within FCS :homer: SDSU wins at Poly's homecoming. :thumbsup:

Best game watched (Tv or live) UMass vs Montana. Minutemen!! :bow: :bow:

WYOBISONMAN
January 23rd, 2007, 12:28 PM
For me the best games last year would have been NDSU v. Minnesota and NDSU v. South Dakota State. Great games with great atmosphere!!

RabidRabbit
January 23rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
For me the best games last year would have been NDSU v. Minnesota and NDSU v. South Dakota State. Great games with great atmosphere!!

I'd agree these were both great games. :nod: :nod:

Just would have liked Jacks to break that 40+ yr stranglehold by Bison in Fargo! :p :p

FargoBison
January 23rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
NDSU vs UCD
NDSU vs Ball St

Were the best I saw last year. YSU-JMU was the best non-NDSU game that I saw. Cal Poly-San Diego St was also a fun one to follow on AGS, wish I could have seen it.

Seven Would Be Nice
January 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM

I agree.. this was the closest 1-AA game that the National Champs almost lost. Proves how much our players wanted it, to bad we were coached out of the win(by our own coach).

Why did we stop running the ball in the 2OT????:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

BigApp
January 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, its a homer vote but it was the best game. And remember kids, before Eagles can soar, they got to "Hatch"

you gotta lay a few eggs before they hatch. How about 4-5 years worth? :D :D

Tealblood
January 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
I know it is a homer pick but CCU beating Furman was a great game

BigApp
January 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Furman v. UNC-CH

NDSUFREAK
January 23rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Best FCS vs BCS game: NDSU vs U of Mn. What a barn burner! :thumbsup:

Best within FCS :homer: SDSU wins at Poly's homecoming. :thumbsup:

Best game watched (Tv or live) UMass vs Montana. Minutemen!! :bow: :bow:

The best FCS vs FBS game without a doubt!

BrevardMountaineer03
January 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM

I gotta agree, but the Title Game was a classic as well.

appfan2008
January 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
asu gsu was an incredible game down to the wire packed stadium two great programs... only problem is that it meant absolutely nothing because one team sucked and one team was gonna win it all either way

FCS_pwns_FBS
January 23rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
NDSU UM was good too...

Gawd, I wish they had played Georgia this year xlolx xlolx

Skyhawk Nation 24
January 23rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
My vote for a game that hasn't been mentioned is the Southern Illinois- UT Martin 1st round match-up in Carbondale. This game didn't get much publicity but everyone in attendance was on the edge of their seat all afternoon. The comeback by the Salukis still makes me sick but I have to say it was one of the best college football games I have ever seen.

SeattleGriz
January 24th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Have to say the Montana vs UMass game.

Not only was the town absolutely nuts all week, but the game and atmosphere was fantastic.

Gil Dobie
January 24th, 2007, 07:41 AM
1. NDSU vs UC Davis.
2. YSU vs JMU
3. UMass vs Montana

saint0917
January 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm biased, but UMass-Montana.

I agree, great game. :thumbsup:

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 24th, 2007, 12:07 PM

I will second that! I was fortunate enough to be at that game and, from my perspective, the best game I have ever seen (or participated in, for that matter). It was unbelievable, especially the performance of Ricky Santos. Ben Patrick proved his worth that day for sure, as well..... :thumbsup:

Death Dealer
January 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Yeah, it apparently was a slugfest.

GreatAppSt
January 24th, 2007, 09:55 PM
UD vs. UNH
YSU vs. JMU

CrunkGriz
January 24th, 2007, 11:55 PM
im going to go with 2 homer picks and a FCS West pick (sorry for the biases)

1. UMass-UMont
2. CalPoly- UMont
3. NoDakSt-UMinn

CopperCat
January 25th, 2007, 04:34 PM
NoDak-Cal Poly WOW