PDA

View Full Version : Furman DE Coach to be Presby DC

youwouldno
January 22nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
Just an interesting tidbit, heard it during the Furman-Citadel basketball broadcast. Furman DE coach Julius Dixon will be Bentley's DC at Presbyterian. Early in Dixon's career he worked in the high school ranks, so Bentley might know him from back in the day.

I think it's a solid, safe hire for PC. Dixon has worked with a bunch of different units... DL, DBs, TEs. Good coach.

Sly Fox
January 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
They have their work cut out for them. But I'm glad to see PC getting their staff together as quickly as they can.

youwouldno
January 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
I wish Lamb would not have 2 DL coaches and instead had a dedicated special teams coach. Our DT coach is good, actually we got him from El Cid surprisingly enough, and I'd let him handle that unit.

fuEMO
January 23rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
I wish Lamb would not have 2 DL coaches and instead had a dedicated special teams coach. Our DT coach is good, actually we got him from El Cid surprisingly enough, and I'd let him handle that unit.

I'm with you. Pinella would handle the entire DL just fine. And as far as the offensive line coach position. Bobby can go with a young alum or an experienced grad from many High School coaches in GA, SC or NC. But I would look for a possible shocker. Any ex SoCon head coaches come to mind that were old OL coaches?

CitDog you wish. Clay is a great guy, coach and he and Bobby go all the way back to high school. But Believe me Bobby runs the show. And as far as JD goes, JD needs to make this move to take the next step up the ladder. Furman's coaching staff is pretty well-seasoned and JD is still fairly young. I wish JD lots of luck at PC. But I agree it will be a tuff job.

Death Dealer
January 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Good luck at PC...hope they can get that program competitive quickly.

PaladinFan
January 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Those are good coaches, but Furman won't have much problem replacing them.