PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best game..........

Eaglegus2
January 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM
scheduled for September 1st? I am moving to the Aberdeen area in about 6 weeks. Georgia Southern has an open date for 9/1/07. I want to see the best game in the area to start off the season.

Unless, I get tickets for the Notre Dame v. Ga. Tech game in South Bend.:smiley_wi :nod:

patssle
January 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Bearkats vs. Open

slostang
January 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Cal Poly is in San Marcos, Texas to play Texas State on September 1rst.

Hansel
January 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
scheduled for September 1st? I am moving to the Aberdeen area in about 6 weeks. Georgia Southern has an open date for 9/1/07. I want to see the best game in the area to start off the season.

Unless, I get tickets for the Notre Dame v. Ga. Tech game in South Bend.:smiley_wi :nod:
Aberdeen S.D. or Aberdeen Scotland ? :p

Mountain Panther
January 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
UNI plays the Minnesota State Screamin' Eagles with their coach Hayden Fox. And I turn 30 on 9/1....:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

TexasTerror
January 21st, 2007, 08:41 PM
McNeese State hosts Portland State...

I think that's a very attractive FCS match up...

aust42
January 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM
Aberdeen S.D. or Aberdeen Scotland ? :p

Or Aberdeen, MD?

Eaglegus2
January 21st, 2007, 10:05 PM
Or Aberdeen, MD?

Sorry!!! I am moving here. Aberdeen, Md.

Who are the Hens playing? Delaware BlueHens:nod: :thumbsup:

Sam I Am
January 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
I think Towson is playing at Morgan State in Baltimore on Sept. 1st.

Husky Alum
January 22nd, 2007, 05:47 AM
In Part I of the "Media Confusion Bowl", Northeastern plays at Northwestern (of the Big 11).

Mountain Panther, we can celebrate our birthdays together, I turn 37 on 9-1-07.

Part II of NU's Media Confusion 2007 tour will be at Parsons Field on 9-15 when Northwestern State visits Boston.

andy7171
January 22nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
I think Towson is playing at Morgan State in Baltimore on Sept. 1st.
Nope Towson plays on the 30th for some reason. They play Morgan the next weekend.
Aberdeen? You can catch an Ironbirds game. (Orioles minor league)

HensRock
January 22nd, 2007, 07:54 AM
Sorry!!! I am moving here. Aberdeen, Md.

Who are the Hens playing? Delaware BlueHens:nod: :thumbsup:

UD is playing AT W&M on Aug 30. That's a Thursday night game, but as I said, it's not in Newark (Williamsburg, VA)
Hen/Tribe games are usually pretty close. Maybe you can plan a stop in Williamsburg on your way up from Georgia.

andy7171
January 22nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
UD is playing AT W&M on Aug 30. That's a Thursday night game, but as I said, it's not in Newark (Williamsburg, VA)
Hen/Tribe games are usually pretty close. Maybe you can plan a stop in Williamsburg on your way up from Georgia.
What's the deal with the Thursday night games on the 30th?

Maybe DelState is playing? LOL Talk about a downgraded collegiate football experience. From Statesboro to Dover. You might be better off going to a D.III game. Hopkins? Salisbury? West Chester?

Sam I Am
January 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Nope Towson plays on the 30th for some reason. They play Morgan the next weekend.
Aberdeen? You can catch an Ironbirds game. (Orioles minor league)

My bad, I got my info from another thread:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17228&page=13

Here is the 2007 Towson U football schedule:
Sept 1 @ Morgan St. (Battle of Baltimore)
Sept 8 Central Connecticut State
Sept 15 @UMASS
Sept 22 Delaware
Sept 29 @William & Mary
Oct 6 Richmond
Oct 13 HOFSTRA
Oct 20 @Colgate
Nov 3 @Maine
Nov 10 Villanova
Nov 17 @James Madison

The Central Connecticut State game is a replacement for Elon. They
bought themselves out of our game at Towson this year.

andy7171
January 22nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, that schedule is wrong. Here's the official release...
TowsonTiger.com (http://towsontigers.com/assets/sports/football/2007FBSchedule.pdf)

MYTAPPY
January 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
App State vs. Whoever

andy7171
January 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
App State vs. Whoever
Nothing to do this weekend? How about a 12 hour drive to BF, North Carolina? :rolleyes:

mcveyrl
January 22nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
JMU is at North Carolina.

spelunker64
January 22nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
We have the University of Idle @ Open

HensRock
January 22nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
What's the deal with the Thursday night games on the 30th?

It's Labor day weekend. Delaware has done this in the past. In fact, I remember meeting Eaglegus2 in the Tub on opening day 2002 at a Thursday night game - GSU 19 @ UD 22 :cool:

89Hen
January 22nd, 2007, 11:21 AM
I am moving here. Aberdeen, Md.
I had forgotten about this gus. Welcome to the Old Line State (a little prematurely). You will be very close to a lot of Hen games this fall. Obviously all the home games but also @ Towson and @ Navy this year too. Looking forward to catching up with you.

In fact, I remember meeting Eaglegus2 in the Tub on opening day 2002 at a Thursday night game - GSU 19 @ UD 22
I was going to try to meet up that night too, but my dad passed away suddenly the day before. The game date would have actually been his birthday. :(

HensRock
January 22nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
I had forgotten about this gus. Welcome to the Old Line State (a little prematurely). You will be very close to a lot of Hen games this fall. Obviously all the home games but also @ Towson and @ Navy this year too. Looking forward to catching up with you.

Good point! EG2, you have GOT to come out for the Hens @ Navy so you can see your old buddy PJ coach the midshipmen.

You should probably check into who Navy plays on the 1st.

bodoyle
January 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
CCU @ del state

Coastal89
January 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM

Sept. 1 Coastal Carolina @ Delaware State

Coastal89
January 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM

Sept. 1 Coastal Carolina @ Delaware State:thumbsup:

andy7171
January 22nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
CCU @ del state
Nice.
Dover is a nice place to visit! If you like liquor stores, gun shops, adult books stores and gambling! Its like where the bad boys go in Pinnocchio to turn into donkeys. xlolx
It'll go down as a good game no one ever saw.

CCU97
January 22nd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Nice.
Dover is a nice place to visit! If you like liquor stores, gun shops, adult books stores and gambling! Its like where the bad boys go in Pinnocchio to turn into donkeys. xlolx
It'll go down as a good game no one ever saw.

Sounds like Myrtle Beach...throw in about 15 strip clubs and 100+ golf courses....

andy7171
January 22nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Sounds like Myrtle Beach...throw in about 15 strip clubs and 100+ golf courses....
Replace the strip joints and golfcourses with an enormous Army/Air Force base and a NASCAR track that dwarfs any stadium you've ever seen. And its a match!

We once bussed in on game day (about 90 minutes) because NASCAR had every hotel on the eastern shore booked a year in advance.
Which is good advice, if you plan on going, check the NASCAR schedule and book your hotel early.

89Hen
January 22nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Nice.
Dover. The thing you have to drive through (now around) to get to the beach.

furpal87
January 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
PC @ Furman Sept 1, followed by FSU @ Clemson on 9/3, I think that's how things have been re-arranged since they moved the FSU-Clemson game for TV Labor Day night.

GRZZ
January 22nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
McNeese State hosts Portland State...

I think that's a very attractive FCS match up...

I agree, that should be a good game!

JALMOND
January 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
9-1 Portland State at McNeese State. Should be a dandy. Our trip to Lake Charles that was postponed from last season. I'm even thinking of coming down for it. I've never been "down south" before. Our dominance of the Southland is on the line. I believe we are 6-1 aganst the Southland, yet we have played very few on the road.

Eaglegus2
January 22nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
It's Labor day weekend. Delaware has done this in the past. In fact, I remember meeting Eaglegus2 in the Tub on opening day 2002 at a Thursday night game - GSU 19 @ UD 22 :cool:

YEP!! I met HensRock back then. Great guy!

Don't remind me about that game.:( How far is it to Williamsburg from Aberdeen, Md. I buy the beer if HensRock stops by to pick me up for the game.

I like the Thursday night game idea. :nod: :nod:

Have to look into the CCU v. Delaware State game.

Looks like I have some great games in the area. What about the Patriot League? They have any games within driving distance in Pa? I mean like two hours from Aberdeen.

89Hen
January 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Looks like I have some great games in the area. What about the Patriot League? They have any games within driving distance in Pa? I mean like two hours from Aberdeen.
Lehigh and Lafayette aren't too far. I can make it to them from DC in just under three hours. Also, don't forget about Penn and Princeton if you want an Ivy tour. Both Franklin Field and Princeton Stadium would be worth a drive.

McNeeserocket
January 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cal Poly is in San Marcos, Texas to play Texas State on September 1rst.

Is your schedule finished for the 2007? If not, what dates do you have open?

McNeeserocket
January 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Is your schedule finished for the 2007? If not, what dates do you have open?

The last time Portland State played McNeese in Lake Charles was 1995, which was before you guys moved up to I-AA. Portland State gave us a game in the first half, but we did win the game. 1995 was the year McNeese was undefeated in the regular season and finally lost to Marshall in the Semi-final game.

Eaglegus2
January 23rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
OH!!!! How I would love another home & home series with McNeese State.:D

This time I would arrive on Wednesday for the Saturday game. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Can you say party down McNeese style?:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

blueballs
January 23rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
OH!!!! How I would love another home & home series with McNeese State.:D

This time I would arrive on Wednesday for the Saturday game. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Can you say party down McNeese style?:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

That was a fun trip.

Eaglegus2
January 23rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
That was a fun trip.

How can you say it was a fun trip?:smiley_wi
Your boss & I were the ones who made all the trips to the drive-in bar. You told us your legs and feet weren't working from all of the hurricanes we drank.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nod: :nod: :nod:

It was a time we will never forget. Great food, drink and damn good Cowboy fans.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RabidRabbit
January 23rd, 2007, 10:24 AM
From Aberdeen, should be less than 3 hrs to

Howard, Georgetown, Del, Del St., Towson/Morgan St. (Closest)

Lafayette or Lehigh should be right at 3 hr.

Penn wouldn't be started that first weekend.

W&M is about a 4 hr trip down the DelMarVA penisula, then 45min/hr back up I64.

Hampton/Norfolk St. right after bridge/tunnel across Chesapeake bay mouth

From Aberdeen, virtually get to NYC area in 3 hr, if no traffic issues.

Should be no shortage of games to choose from. :hurray: :hurray:

89Hen
January 23rd, 2007, 10:33 AM

FWIW, Aberdeen to LU and LC is probably only 2 hours. I made to the LV in less than three from DC this summer. And even though I-95 through Baltimore and DC suck, going all the way down to the bridge tunnel is definitely the wrong way to go to W&M from Aberdeen.

andy7171
January 23rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
I just yahoo'ed the distances away from Aberdeen, MD.
It's about as close to halfway as you can get.
31.2 miles to Towson, MD
30.8 miles to Newark, DE
Depending on the time of day, it would take about 25 minutes to get to UD and about an hour to get to TU. Friggin Baltimore beltway!

Don't forget about Bucknell, it's only a half hour north of Harrisburg.

RabidRabbit
January 23rd, 2007, 10:56 AM

Hampton/Norfolk St. right after bridge/tunnel across Chesapeake bay mouth

From Aberdeen, virtually get to NYC area in 3 hr, if no traffic issues.

Should be no shortage of games to choose from. :hurray: :hurray:

89Hen
January 23rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
It's like deja vu all over again.

andy7171
January 23rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
WTF!?!

SunCoastBlueHen
January 23rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
It's like deja vu all over again.

:p

I love Yogi quotes.