PDA

View Full Version : NCCU Names Interim HC

TexasTerror
January 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM
NCCU moved fast in naming an interim coach after Rod Broadway left for Grambling yesterday...

NCCU APPOINTS RISON AS INTERIM HEAD FOOTBALL COACH

DURHAM, NC – North Carolina Central University has appointed Mose Rison as the Eagles interim head football coach, NCCU Director of Athletics Bill Hayes announced Friday (Jan. 19).

Rison, who served as assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach during the Eagles historic 11-1 campaign in 2006, steps in for former NCCU head coach Rod Broadway, who accepted the head coaching position at Grambling State University on Thursday (Jan. 18).

“I am looking forward to continuing what Rod Broadway has done with this football program,” said Rison, who was recruiting in Charlotte, N.C. on Friday. “I have a lot of respect for Rod. He left for a great opportunity at Grambling, and I have a great opportunity too here at NCCU.

“I am excited about working with the young men that I have had the pleasure of building relationships with, while also keeping some continuity with the NCCU football program.”

Hayes, while not citing a specific timeline to fill the head coaching position on a full-time basis, said the process will move swiftly.

“We are extremely pleased that Coach Rison has agreed to take on the leadership of this football program,” Hayes said. “NCCU football is in good hands.”

http://www.nccu.edu/campus/athletics