PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Lafayette posters

JMG1MON
January 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Any word on what happened to the Monmouth/Lafayette game??? Lafayette's schedule was released today and Marist is your home opener now. Monmouth is nowhere to be found.

LeopardFan04
January 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I saw that yesterday on our board...not really sure exactly...maybe we wanted a weaker opener? I'm not sure, I was looking forward to it...

carney2
January 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'll be the last to know. Any chance that the change was requested by Monmouth? Have they picked up a game for that date?

JMG1MON
January 20th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'll let you guys know if I hear or read something. A guy for the local newspaper has a blog and when the question was posed on the blog, he said he would ask Callahan next week. So if he finds something out, I will let you guys know. I don't know of any replacement yet. I was really looking forward to this game.

Pards Rule
January 22nd, 2007, 11:57 AM
me too! Was it at your place?

carney2
January 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
me too! Was it at your place?

No. It was supposed to be a Lafayette home game with the return match @ Monmouth next year.

As I said on the Lafayette board, I am not disappointed in this at all. With three sure losses vs. Ivy opponents (Penn, Princeton, Harvard) staring us in the face and opening the season with a QB who has never taken a meaningful snap in a live game, we didn't need to open vs. a team that went 10-2 last year and beat both Patriot teams that they faced. Marist is my kind of game for a 2006 opener.

JMG1MON
January 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Actually, that wouldn't have been so bad. Monmouth will be replacing their record setting quarterback (holds just about every single Monmouth passing record).

Pard4Life
January 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Actually, that wouldn't have been so bad. Monmouth will be replacing their record setting quarterback (holds just about every single Monmouth passing record).

Yes but you still have Sinisi there, and what about your defense? I have no idea what our state will look like on offense... defensively we should be good, but we need to solve that poor secondary coverage.. it was evident in week one and presisted the entired year.

And yes, it is clear we backed out of this game. Tavani was noting last year how the schedule really did not have any 'breather' games aside from Sacred Heart. OOC were Princeton, Penn, Harvard, Yale.. and conference games are always tough... so I guess you can see where he is coming from..

This year OOC are Marist, Princeton, Columbia, Penn, Harvard.. tough but one more 'easier' game in October.. however Columbia might be improved..

cosmo here
January 23rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
And yes, it is clear we backed out of this game. Tavani was noting last year how the schedule really did not have any 'breather' games aside from Sacred Heart. OOC were Princeton, Penn, Harvard, Yale.. and conference games are always tough... so I guess you can see where he is coming from..

I got an official answer from Lafayette, that there were discussions to play Monmouth but they weren't finalized, so it doesn't seem that either side backed out.

Pard4Life
January 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
I got an official answer from Lafayette, that there were discussions to play Monmouth but they weren't finalized, so it doesn't seem that either side backed out.

Ah ok.. that's what usually happens though it seems in these situations.. i.e. Columbia...

So I gather that 2008 at West Long Branch is a no go?

cosmo here
January 23rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Ah ok.. that's what usually happens though it seems in these situations.. i.e. Columbia...

So I gather that 2008 at West Long Branch is a no go?

didn't get an answer on that, we'll probably find out when the media guide comes out this summer.