PDA

View Full Version : Chadwell?

F'N Hawks
January 8th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Takes OC job at Coastal Carolina. What the.....

citdog
January 8th, 2017, 12:56 PM
The "Redneck Riviera" is a GREAT place for him. He'll fit in fine in Aynor.

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Takes OC job at Coastal Carolina. What the.....

It's a good hire and good position for him. If CCU moves to a CSU style TO offense that makes it even smarter for the Chickens.

NDSUtk
January 8th, 2017, 01:19 PM
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/ broke the news I guess

Mocs123
January 8th, 2017, 01:19 PM
I can't believe he took the CCU OC job.....If he had another good year at CSU he might have been able to land a G5 HC job.

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Moglia is close to 70 years old. This OC job could turn into an HC job in a few years if successful.

JSUSoutherner
January 8th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Moglia is close to 70 years old. This OC job could turn into an HC job in a few years if successful.
I'm sure that's probably the game plan.

With some solid recruiting and some defense Coastal could own the Sun Belch.

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 01:28 PM

The Sun Belch finished above the CUSA and MAC this year. CCU has its work cut out for it. The Belt is on the upswing. Lost a lot of dead weight and gained better replacements.

kdinva
January 8th, 2017, 01:30 PM

agree, 2019 maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

The Sun Belch finished above the CUSA and MAC this year. CCU has its work cut out for it. The Belt is on the upswing.

agree: Appy St. has had back to back 6-2 & 7-1 Conf. records.....

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Yeh... This is feels very familiar to what App did with Satterfield.

- - - Updated - - -

agree, 2019 maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

agree: Appy St. has had back to back 6-2 Conf. records.....

7-1 you mean.

kdinva
January 8th, 2017, 01:36 PM
7-1 you mean.[/QUOTE]

thanks....

SENOREIDA
January 8th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Reports are it is a HCIW contract.

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 02:28 PM
This is going to rustle some GaSo Eagle feathers for sure.

citdog
January 8th, 2017, 02:34 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/57/5e/ed/575eedbf13b6e6e79fcce61ded8a7793.jpg

On their way to complain right now

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Looks like a hell'va time, actually.

Mocs123
January 8th, 2017, 02:40 PM

As bad as losing to Georgia St?

Nor Eastern
January 8th, 2017, 02:42 PM
As bad as losing to Georgia St?

Zing. Two years in a row too.

- - - Updated - - -

http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/paulson-stadium-north.jpg (http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/paulson-stadium-north.jpg)

Probably the least classy thing I've seen from a team.

NorthChuckSouth
January 8th, 2017, 08:06 PM
We knew it was coming sooner or later... but to coastal? never woulda thought

Libertine
January 8th, 2017, 09:03 PM
CSU has already made the announcement about Chadwell's replacement and it's no less surprising than the rest of this situation. They've skipped over both coordinators and named CSU QB coach Mark Tucker as the new Buccaneer head coach. Tucker was Chadwell's position coach at ETSU and was also formerly an assistant at The Citadel.

Curiously, there seems to be a big gap in his resume timeline between being hired by Chadwell at CSU in 2013 and being the head coach of a now-defunct semi-pro team in Tennessee in 2004.

Bucs2016
January 8th, 2017, 09:23 PM
I'm stunned. But as long as we keep DC Chad Staggs we'll be fine.

Daytripper
January 8th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Seems like an odd move in the sort-term, but probably good for longer-term professional prospects for Chadwell.

NorthChuckSouth
January 8th, 2017, 11:06 PM
CSU has already made the announcement about Chadwell's replacement and it's no less surprising than the rest of this situation. They've skipped over both coordinators and named CSU QB coach Mark Tucker as the new Buccaneer head coach. Tucker was Chadwell's position coach at ETSU and was also formerly an assistant at The Citadel.

Curiously, there seems to be a big gap in his resume timeline between being hired by Chadwell at CSU in 2013 and being the head coach of a now-defunct semi-pro team in Tennessee in 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnr3KIczF8

Good story from 2015.. He's a great guy and great coach. Looking forward to what he will do

PaladinFan
January 9th, 2017, 04:27 AM
1. I've long thought that Chadwell needed to make a move - any move. He's a good coach, but at some point Charleston Southern's lack of funding/commitment to football was going to catch up with him.

2. Does leave open the question of whether there was something in Chadwells resume that was left wanting. There were a couple seemingly obvious landing spots that passed him up.

3. Sun Belt is what is is. App State won 9 games this year and played in a mid-December bowl game in Montgomery against a MAC team. App would have been playing for a national title in the FCS.

walliver
January 9th, 2017, 10:29 AM
I have had the impression that after the suspension fiasco, especially the way it was managed by the school's administration, Chadwell had pretty much decided it was time to get out of town.
I never thought he was a good fit at Furman. He's a little too country and rough around the edges and wouldn't be the type of representative the school administration would want.
I thought he would be a better fit at Chatty. Maybe there is something to the NCAA violation rumors?
The CCU thing is somewhat surprising, but does offer a year out of the limelight for the NCAA thing to blow over, and then he is in a good spot if Moglia retires soon or Georgia Southern fires their coach next year.
CSU has obviously known that Chadwell was probably leaving, so the rapid replacement is not unexpected.

PaladinFan
January 9th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I have had the impression that after the suspension fiasco, especially the way it was managed by the school's administration, Chadwell had pretty much decided it was time to get out of town.
I never thought he was a good fit at Furman. He's a little too country and rough around the edges and wouldn't be the type of representative the school administration would want.
I thought he would be a better fit at Chatty. Maybe there is something to the NCAA violation rumors?
The CCU thing is somewhat surprising, but does offer a year out of the limelight for the NCAA thing to blow over, and then he is in a good spot if Moglia retires soon or Georgia Southern fires their coach next year.
CSU has obviously known that Chadwell was probably leaving, so the rapid replacement is not unexpected.

You cannot count on much, but you can count on Georgia Southern having to replace a head coach.

Libertine
January 9th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Chadwell has been a finalist for another head coaching job every December for the last seven years going back to his days at D2 North Greenville. People can read into that what they will, no judgment here. However, there's no doubt that the CSU admin knew a very long time ago that this day would come.

dbackjon
January 9th, 2017, 12:50 PM

That is what I would guess - Chadwell was named Ass't HC. I bet Moglia is gone in a year or two.

SENOREIDA
January 9th, 2017, 01:55 PM
That is what I would guess - Chadwell was named Ass't HC. I bet Moglia is gone in a year or two.

He has 3 more years on his contract.

Bucs2016
January 9th, 2017, 02:25 PM
CSU lost a good one. But we've lost good ones before.

Currently Clemson QB coach Brandon Streeter (DeShawn Watsons mentor)
Former NFL 49ers head coach Mike Tomsula.
Current Baylor D Line coach Chris Achuff
Current U of Louisiana Lafayette OC Jorge Munoz
Current SMU special teams coordinator Daric Riley
Newberry College HC Todd Knight (D2 playoff contender)
Now OC/HCIW Jamey Chadwell

There's quite a few more but just off top of my head. It's not a MAC school or Ohio area hotbed. But little CSU is producing some nice coaches moving on after their days here.

Bucs2016
January 9th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Kudos to Coastal. This is a great move by them.

Libertine
January 9th, 2017, 08:12 PM
http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Coastal Carolina: Jamey Chadwell’s title at Coastal Carolina is offensive coordinator / associate head coach. Chadwell also denied a rumor that he will be the head-coach-in-waiting at Coastal.

CSU18
January 9th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Just when I thought we had him for at least one more season this happens. Can't say that I'm happy that he's at CCU, although the fact that they're going to the SunBelt makes it a little easier to swallow. CCU got a good coach and a great man in Chadwell. I know a lot of people on here don't like his "antics" but he doesn't do anything out of disrespect. He does those things to motivate his players. He's one of those coaches that will get on you and love you up at the same time (any athlete or former athlete knows what I'm talking about). He's a strong Christian man who I would be happy to have coach my son at the college level if the opportunity arised. With that said, I hate he's leaving (although I knew it would eventually happen), but if this is going to help him, his family, and/or his career, I wish him the best of luck.

SENOREIDA
January 9th, 2017, 10:22 PM
http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

It is illegal in South Carolina to promise a public position that is not open to someone. If the school or president was to word that in a contract, or verbally say it it would be an ethics violation. That is why Chadwell is not HCIW. Associate Head Coach, is the closest legally they can give him to HCIW. The stuff you learn about state bureaucracy because of college athletics...

walliver
January 10th, 2017, 09:03 AM
I doubt that many contracts have "coach in waiting" verbiage. In fact, I wonder if Chadwell's contract isn't year-to-year.

Of course, a lot of information can be conveyed with a handshake and a wink. On the other hand, would a wink and a nod be strong enough to keep him from going to Georgia Southern next year?

rokamortis
January 10th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Press conference today at 2pm, live stream here: http://www.goccusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=545149

SENOREIDA
January 11th, 2017, 03:42 PM
CSU lost their DC to Furman today. Reports their OC is interviewing with Army

Libertine
January 11th, 2017, 05:05 PM
I'm stunned. But as long as we keep DC Chad Staggs we'll be fine.

How about now? Who takes over the D?

Bison56
January 11th, 2017, 05:05 PM
CSU lost their DC to Furman today. Reports their OC is interviewing with Army

Ouch

kdinva
January 11th, 2017, 05:49 PM
CSU lost their DC to Furman today.....

....and their D-Line coach, maybe:

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

kdinva
January 23rd, 2017, 02:58 PM
another CSU assistant now a Beach Chicken:

Coastal Carolina:Source tells FootballScoop Charleston Southern receivers coach / recruiting coordinator Willy Korn is headed to Coastal Carolina as receivers coach

PaladinFan
January 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
....and their D-Line coach, maybe:

CSU's DC, DL coach, and LB coach are all at Furman now.

Incidentally, Furman just got a good looking recruit at linebacker who looked to have close connections with Charleston Southern until the coaching staff jumped to Furman.

citdog
January 23rd, 2017, 03:42 PM
CSU's DC, DL coach, and LB coach are all at Furman now.

Incidentally, Furman just got a good looking recruit at linebacker who looked to have close connections with Charleston Southern until the coaching staff jumped to Furman.

Jesus Christ is this the world we live in now where verminite scum brag about stealing recruits from the ****ing baptist college???

chadwell brought them a long way.

furman sucks

PaladinNation
January 23rd, 2017, 09:56 PM
Jesus Christ is this the world we live in now where verminite scum brag about stealing recruits from the ****ing baptist college???

furman sucks

Seriously, Staggs, Magee and Wilson might need to get some credit for Chadwell's success. The guys are bringing some really good looking players to Furman.

Adrian Hope OLB had offers from CSU, UTC, Liberty
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3281355/57dfd6ce3bd81440b4007777

Parker Stokes DT had offer from Navy
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3710190/57e9be28f617095c78e9260c

kdinva
January 26th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Even the CSU Baseball coach leaves.......and 22 days before first game.....

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/csu-baseball-coach-stuart-lake-steps-down-to-join-gamecocks/article_f71595ba-e403-11e6-958c-3f4cf15f116a.html

SENOREIDA
January 27th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Even the CSU Baseball coach leaves.......and 22 days before first game.....

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/csu-baseball-coach-stuart-lake-steps-down-to-join-gamecocks/article_f71595ba-e403-11e6-958c-3f4cf15f116a.html
Yep, looks like there is a huge administration problem in North Charleston. Maybe they should think about dropping down a rung or two, if they don't value being D1. Doesn't make sense, when they have good coaches and conspire against them.

Bucs2016
February 3rd, 2017, 02:01 PM

furman sucks

Hahahaha....buddy....as a CSU alumni and former player....this made me chuckle. Furman is stealing recruits from CSU. Never thought id hear that!

Bucs2016
February 3rd, 2017, 02:07 PM
Yep, looks like there is a huge administration problem in North Charleston. Maybe they should think about dropping down a rung or two, if they don't value being D1. Doesn't make sense, when they have good coaches and conspire against them.

That ****s been going on for 25 years at CSU. Its why the programs rise has been such a long process. CSU has always had athletes. Just crazy obstacles.

Few people know the 1st ever CSU vs Citadel game...the admin suspended like 10 starters the Wednesday before the game because of photos of them holding red plastic cups that COULD have had alcohol. Now..Citadel was better than us so we would've lost anyway. But it doesnt help. Did the same before the 2005 Big South championship game vs Coastal. They did a "surprise" drug test 2 days before the game. Lost 4 starters i believe for weed. Now YES weed is wrong. And we all know most D1 teams have many who smoke. BUT 2 days before biggest game in school history???? They do **** like that.

Lack of facilities isnt much of a factor for CSU. Past coaches have brilliantly used Charleston itself as the facililty. Beaches. World recognized downtown. Hottest women in the South. Its a college kids heaven. Citadel knows what we mean! Being a college athlete in Charleston is so much fun. Add in the College of Charleston 6-1 girl/guy...CSU players spent more time at C of C campus than CSUs.

Anyway. The admin has and will keep interference going. But the Bucs will keep overachieving because its easy to get nice athletes there....and....nothing fuels a fiesty underdog team like the "Us against the world" mentality.

"Baptist College" changed name to CSU in 1989 and started football to get exposure and boost enrollment. They never wanted the team to win much. Its a real life Van Wilder or Old School type situation haha.

GO BUCS!!!

FUBeAR
February 4th, 2017, 03:17 AM
Add in the College of Charleston 6-1 girl/guy...CSU players spent more time at C of C campus than CSUs.

1.7-1 is the actual girl/guy (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/college-of-charleston-3428) ratio at the College of Charleston - seems like maybe some of those CSU Players were a bit confused about the other 4.3 humans they were taking all that time to pursue on the C of C campus...or something.

Milktruck74
February 4th, 2017, 08:22 AM

And yet we end up with one of the most refined and polished guys in the SoCon. Not his coaching record, but watch him in a presser.....he looks like a young senator. I know I'm a little biased, but I watched him go through 20 recruits, first and last names, high school, head coach, parents names, and often siblings and a few of the names of their HS teachers....and he never stumbled or looked at his notes. The guy is GOOD!!!! Now, I would agree that in the past Chattanooga has been a blue collar foundry town, but that has changed drastically...and the school has changed much the same.

Bucs2016
February 10th, 2017, 04:13 AM
1.7-1 is the actual girl/guy (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/college-of-charleston-3428) ratio at the College of Charleston - seems like maybe some of those CSU Players were a bit confused about the other 4.3 humans they were taking all that time to pursue on the C of C campus...or something.

Well who knows but you spend a little time down there and i can assure you there are FAR more gals than dudes.

*Or maybe i just attracted so many around me it just always seemed that wayxdrunkyx

citdog
February 10th, 2017, 07:00 PM
And yet we end up with one of the most refined and polished guys in the SoCon. Not his coaching record, but watch him in a presser.....he looks like a young senator. I know I'm a little biased, but I watched him go through 20 recruits, first and last names, high school, head coach, parents names, and often siblings and a few of the names of their HS teachers....and he never stumbled or looked at his notes. The guy is GOOD!!!! Now, I would agree that in the past Chattanooga has been a blue collar foundry town, but that has changed drastically...and the school has changed much the same.

Your coach barely shaves. Ayers and the other coaches in the SoCon are going to eat his lunch for YEARS...

Milktruck74
February 10th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Your coach barely shaves. Ayers and the other coaches in the SoCon are going to eat his lunch for YEARS...

We will see....

Libertine
February 19th, 2017, 12:16 AM
According to FootballScoop, recently relocated-to-Furman DL coach Skyler Magee has left Greenville for the DL job at Georgia State. Furman has, in turn, poached Charleston Southern's other LB coach (the previous one that FU took left for the NFL), Josh Miller.

SENOREIDA
April 24th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Seems Charleston Southern needs to find an OC
https://twitter.com/albanystateuniv/status/856568505973579777

Bucs2016
April 24th, 2017, 03:28 PM

Yep. But hes a HC now. Thats the dream. He was a loyal assistant at CSU before Chadwell even arrived. Happy to see him land a HC job.

So...the CSU staff has now had Chadwell to HCIW at now FBS Coastal, Staggs to DC at Furman, Gardinia to HC at Albany State, DL coach to FBS Ga State, and several others move on to promotion positions.

New era at CSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Im really hoping we commit even more to running the option.

Schism55
April 27th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Yep. But hes a HC now. Thats the dream. He was a loyal assistant at CSU before Chadwell even arrived. Happy to see him land a HC job.

So...the CSU staff has now had Chadwell to HCIW at now FBS Coastal, Staggs to DC at Furman, Gardinia to HC at Albany State, DL coach to FBS Ga State, and several others move on to promotion positions.

New era at CSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Im really hoping we commit even more to running the option.

Looks like he and Lloyd Christmas have the same barber :D

Scrappy94
July 29th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Coastal Carolina head coach Joe Moglia announced he will miss this season due to medical reasons. Jamey Chadwell has been named interim head coach for the 2017 season.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/coastal-carolina-s-joe-moglia-to-miss-season-jamey-chadwell/article_1abaffa8-73da-11e7-ae5d-4b4df71c1ff0.html

tomq04
July 29th, 2017, 10:44 PM

Nailed it.

RootinFerDukes
July 30th, 2017, 07:18 AM
1) how is this news related to Fcs?
2) I'm surprised they didn't name Mickey Matthews the interim hc.

DirtyDukes
July 30th, 2017, 08:49 AM
MORE LIKE CHUCK SOUCH AMIRITE

walliver
July 30th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Coastal Carolina head coach Joe Moglia announced he will miss this season due to medical reasons. Jamey Chadwell has been named interim head coach for the 2017 season.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/coastal-carolina-s-joe-moglia-to-miss-season-jamey-chadwell/article_1abaffa8-73da-11e7-ae5d-4b4df71c1ff0.html
After reading the article, it appears that Moglia is either allergic to Conway or allergic to FieldTurf. I hope he recovers, but I don't see how taking 5 months off will fix his situation. Maybe he just needs a sabbatical.

When I was much younger, I remember that my family knew we were close to Myrtle Beach when we could smell Conway (I think it was a paper plant).

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

ASU33
July 30th, 2017, 09:31 AM

wow!