PDA

View Full Version : UNI finally wins something National

clenz
January 7th, 2017, 09:01 AM
UNI DE Karter wins the Buchanan award. Only UNI player to ever win the award, which is astonishing considering the players that have gone through UNI.

It's also the first national award for a UNI player, as the closest any player had gotten before is a runner up by Eric Sanders for the Payton in 2007.

Now, for one reason UNI fans currently hate football....

In the last three years we've had: an all-pro running back, 2 NFL Corners, an NFL DT and Buchanan Award winner on our roster and are 22-16...

#PantherFootball

BisonFan02
January 7th, 2017, 09:03 AM
#Farley #highestpaidmvfccoach

POD Knows
January 7th, 2017, 09:08 AM
UNI DE Karter wins the Buchanan award. Only UNI player to ever win the award, which is astonishing considering the players that have gone through UNI.

It's also the first national award for a UNI player, as the closest any player had gotten before is a runner up by Eric Sanders for the Payton in 2007.

In the last three years we've had: an all-pro running back, 2 NFL Corners, an NFL DT and Buchanan Award winner on our roster and are 22-16...

#PantherFootball

There are ****ty teams with multiple All-Americans, it is meaningless but congrats to Karter.

But UNI does seem to have a gift for underperforming even when loaded with great athletes, hell, they probably did DJ a favor by underutilizing him in college, those 10 touches a game saved his body for the pros and I am sure that I speak for everyone, except for UNI fans, when I say thanks for that bold, forward thinking strategy.

Drblankstare
January 7th, 2017, 09:19 AM
UNI know how to recruit talent that is for sure. Knowing how to use it, has turned out to be a bit trickier.

Congrats Karter, well earned.

clenz
January 7th, 2017, 09:22 AM
The defense has never been the issue, which is where most of the talent and awards go to.

If Farley would ever pick a ****ing QB and a ****ing system and stick with it and build to it we'd be in to something. But he ****ing can't

dewey
January 7th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Congratulations to Schult.

Dewey

NDSUtk
January 7th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Good to see Farley got out of Schult's way

SDFS
January 7th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Well-deserved recognition Congrats to Karter and UNI - good to see

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 7th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Congrats, I know I was tired of waiting.......................... xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
January 7th, 2017, 11:49 AM
A well deserved award that should have been received by X as well.

superman7515
January 7th, 2017, 12:23 PM

You could build a top 5 NFL defense with current NFL guys who came out of the MEAC; the two aren't exactly transitive.

PantherRob82
January 7th, 2017, 01:39 PM
A well deserved award that should have been received by X as well.

For most offsides penalties in a season?

- - - Updated - - -

You could build a top 5 NFL defense with current NFL guys who came out of the MEAC; the two aren't exactly transitive.

One is a conference, one is a team....

superman7515
January 7th, 2017, 02:09 PM

My point was merely that saying NFL talent exists on a team doesn't mean the team will win much, if anything, at the college level. There were six SC State players on NFL rosters this season, the Bulldogs weren't exactly shutting down the rest of the MEAC the last few years.

clenz
January 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
My point was merely that saying NFL talent exists on a team doesn't mean the team will win much, if anything, at the college level. There were six SC State players on NFL rosters this season, the Bulldogs weren't exactly shutting down the rest of the MEAC the last few years.

From the same class/2 year recruiting cycle?

On the same team, within 2 years of each other, UNI had David Johnson, Xavier Williams, Karter Schult, Deiondre Hall, Mackinton Dorleant, and then to go with them other guys like Jared Farley, Brett McMakin, Tom Kilfoy, Isaac Ales and Deshawn Dexter...all of whom were all conference and or all American.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 7th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Congrats to the young man. Congrats to UNI as well.

TheKingpin28
January 7th, 2017, 04:11 PM
For most offsides penalties in a season?

- - - Updated - - -

Xavier Williams had to be doubled team at a minimum to contain him. The guy was a beast.