PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis 2007 Schedule Released

aggie6thman
January 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
http://ucdavisaggies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011907aab.html

This is going to be another tough one for us!

09/01/07 vs. Western Washington
09/08/07 at Portland State
09/15/07 at Eastern Washington
09/22/07 vs. Northeastern
09/29/07 at San Jose State
10/06/07 at North Dakota State
10/13/07 vs. Cal Poly
10/20/07 at Southern Utah
10/27/07 vs. South Dakota State
11/03/07 at Sacramento State
11/17/07 vs. University of San Diego

Russ B
January 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
You beat me. :D

Bison77
January 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM

10/13/07 vs. Cal Poly

Looks like a 8-3 season. Good schedule, I wish we had ours done.

Russ B
January 19th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Looks like a 8-3 season. Good schedule, I wish we had ours done.

Pretty fair assessment, IMO, and 8-3 is probably going to be the minimum to get a look from the playoff committee. I think all the games are winnable this year, though, which is nice. No TCU-style body-bag games.

henfan
January 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
San Diego scheduled the game with the playoffs in mind this time.:smiley_wi

89Hen
January 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
San Diego scheduled the game with the playoffs in mind this time.:smiley_wi
:hurray:

89Hen
January 19th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Good grief, you seem to be about the 10th team to have NU on their slate. :confused: :p

eagle1
January 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I look forward to seeing the Aggies on September 15th in Cheney. I hope that the Eagles honor the return in 2008 to Davis. I don't think that we will have to worry about the fog for this game. Those of you that may not know, the Aggies and Eagles played a game in a very thick fog in November of 2005. Go Eagles!!!

oldaggie72
January 19th, 2007, 06:40 PM
have family in Walla Walla. have never driven to Cheney. Maybe i should go this year. What kind of team EWU have this year.

San Jose State is a very good team. Now a true Bowl team with Dick Tomey in charge. Norht Dakota is always tough. As is S. Dakota and Cal Poly. No nothing about Northeastern.

89rabbit
January 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
have family in Walla Walla. have never driven to Cheney. Maybe i should go this year. What kind of team EWU have this year.

San Jose State is a very good team. Now a true Bowl team with Dick Tomey in charge. Norht Dakota is always tough. As is S. Dakota and Cal Poly. No nothing about Northeastern.

Don't forget the State, please and thank you. :nono: ;) :nod:

Husky Alum
January 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Good grief, you seem to be about the 10th team to have NU on their slate. :confused: :p

I'm confused by your confusion hen....

In 2007, we've got 8 CAA games, a game with Northwestern and a home game with Northwestern State and a game at UC Davis.

That's 11. That's our schedule.

We've got the 2008 schedule done as well - 8 CAA games, a game at home against Davis, a return to Georgia Southern and a game at Ball State - if we need/want a 12th game, I could see us playing someone like Stony Brook or Sacred Heart at home.

2009 is in the bag as well - 8 CAA games, @ Boston College, Holy Cross and YSU at home.

Jackluv
January 20th, 2007, 01:25 PM

10/13/07 vs. Cal Poly

after losing Grant, Vellijo, and that WR i say the winnable games are WWU, EWU, Cal Poly, SUU, Sac St. and USD

i say 6-5

AZBison
January 20th, 2007, 01:38 PM
at San Jose followed by at NDSU is going to be tough.

slostang
January 20th, 2007, 02:13 PM
after losing Grant, Vellijo, and that WR i say the winnable games are WWU, EWU, Cal Poly, SUU, Sac St. and USD

i say 6-5
I would say that every game on their schedule is winnable, just some are more difficult than others.

I say 8-3.

89Hen
January 20th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I'm confused by your confusion hen...
It was TIC. I had already commented on the Northeastern/Northwestern game when somebody from NSU posted theirs and then this one came up. It's just that we don't get to talk about your Huskies enough so when you come up three times in one off-season it seems like 10. :D

Bison_Kent
January 20th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Remember, UC Davis is playoff eligible for the first time this season. The Aggies just might make a run and if they finish 8-3 with this schedule they should be in.

The Great West will finally have more eligible teams than ineligible in 2007. NDSU and SDSU (if they are still in the GWFC) will make the GWFC have all playoff eligible teams in 2008.

Jackluv
January 20th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I would say that every game on their schedule is winnable, just some are more difficult than others.

I say 8-3.

not every game is winnable...they are losing their 3 offensive stars and u expect them to go 8-3 :eyebrow:

7-4 if they play amazing the whole season

AggieFinn
January 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM

i say 6-5

SDSU at home? Don't think so eh? Grant was a gritty veteran, his experience, toughness and leadership will be missed, but the INT's won't be. Vallejo, Keane, and Skierski are gone and the OL rebuilding a bit are my biggest worry, but Compas is a stud and will lead them through 2007. As for receiver, while Tony Kays was the obvious star in number (Grant would lock onto him for large portions of every game), Chris Carter, Kale Turner, Brandon Rice, Chris Miller, Bispo, and McDonough are all prime targets. Chris Carter could very well be 1st or 2nd Team All-American in 2007, he's that good.

The best part is the defense, up front, Faletoese and Amos will lead the effort. All the linebackers are returning after a very successful first full-time season. The secondary is the only question, but there is a lot of young talent there. Griffin and Cook will anchor at CB.

eagle1
January 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Better not mark EWU as a automatic win because the Eagles will be back next year to their winning ways. Go Eagles!!!

slostang
January 20th, 2007, 07:18 PM
not every game is winnable...they are losing their 3 offensive stars and u expect them to go 8-3 :eyebrow:

7-4 if they play amazing the whole season
I said every game was winnable, not they would win every game. UC Davis is very solid program with a great coaching staff. They continue to add scholarships each season and they have had a couple great recruiting classes the last two years. UC Davis, NDSU and SDSU are only going to become tougher each year as their I-AA/FCS recruits continue to replace D-II recruits. This is the Aggies first year with all I-AA/FCS recruits.

BTW, did you see the Aggies 45-0 win on the road last year over Montana State, a playoff team from the Big Sky. Like I said, every game on next season's schedule is winnable.

GoAgs72
January 20th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I've said 8-3 since last fall. At times Grant was great but often more unpredictable than any QB we've had in years. He was a 6 win QB every year he played. This will change with some QB's actually recruited as I-AA players.

AggiePride
January 20th, 2007, 11:33 PM
SDSU at home? Don't think so eh? Grant was a gritty veteran, his experience, toughness and leadership will be missed, but the INT's won't be. Vallejo, Keane, and Skierski are gone and the OL rebuilding a bit are my biggest worry, but Compas is a stud and will lead them through 2007. As for receiver, while Tony Kays was the obvious star in number (Grant would lock onto him for large portions of every game), Chris Carter, Kale Turner, Brandon Rice, Chris Miller, Bispo, and McDonough are all prime targets. Chris Carter could very well be 1st or 2nd Team All-American in 2007, he's that good.

The best part is the defense, up front, Faletoese and Amos will lead the effort. All the linebackers are returning after a very successful first full-time season. The secondary is the only question, but there is a lot of young talent there. Griffin and Cook will anchor at CB.
AggieFinn covers it.

We lost a few key guys on O, but I'm not worried at all, they all are in positions that we have been reloading heavily on with scholorships in the last 4 years and historically have been filled quickly and effectively. Defense will be tough.

I look forward to a team lead by the defense, and seeing who takes the field at QB with more weapons than he could wish for.

Chris Carter:

AggiePride
January 20th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Better not mark EWU as a automatic win because the Eagles will be back next year to their winning ways. Go Eagles!!!

No doubt. looking forward to the game. It will be a big test.

bigd
January 21st, 2007, 12:37 AM
UCD will be very good next year. 8-3 is what it will take to make the playoffs. Maybe the GWFC could get 2 playoff teams in Cal Poly and UC Davis.

Jackluv
January 21st, 2007, 02:40 AM
BTW, did you see the Aggies 45-0 win on the road last year over Montana State, a playoff team from the Big Sky. Like I said, every game on next season's schedule is winnable.

i saw the Bobcats big win over CU and their big loss to Chadron. I also saw Davis struggle to make 6-5 this past season.

im not saying they are bad

aggie6thman
January 21st, 2007, 03:41 AM
i saw the Bobcats big win over CU and their big loss to Chadron. I also saw Davis struggle to make 6-5 this past season.

im not saying they are bad

We struggled to make 6-5 after 5 weeks on the road in a row. Who were those 5 games against? Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, Montana State, Youngstown St. and TCU. Hmmmmmm, we came out 2-3 from that nice little stretch. If anyone can come out perfect from that schedule, you must be great.

Jackluv
January 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
We struggled to make 6-5 after 5 weeks on the road in a row. Who were those 5 games against? Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, Montana State, Youngstown St. and TCU. Hmmmmmm, we came out 2-3 from that nice little stretch. If anyone can come out perfect from that schedule, you must be great.

exactly, they had a tough sched. and they suffered.....now this year, the sched is harder and you are predicting MORE wins without your stars from last year....hmmmm xidiotx

AggiePride
January 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
exactly, they had a tough sched. and they suffered.....now this year, the sched is harder and you are predicting MORE wins without your stars from last year....hmmmm xidiotx

Harder? :rolleyes: We had 15,000 miles on the road last year with a tougher SOS.

You seem to not appreciate defense, or understand the QB tradition at Davis or the reloading there has been at WR, and OL, with the underlying fact that this is the first year of full scholarship presence on the field. Last year had some very close losses. Also, there is the new stadium, as well as the first year we are fighting for a PO spot.

ucdtim17
January 21st, 2007, 06:18 PM
As someone mentioned, Grant's INT's will not be missed. We'll have two experienced seniors competing with a talented RS freshman for the QB spot. We'll be fine there. Same goes for the receivers (As Tony Kays said during the season, Chris Carter is as good as him and he's only a freshman; he's only going to get better).

The O line will be a question mark along with maybe the defensive backfield

AggieFinn
January 21st, 2007, 09:51 PM

Nothing automatic about a win in Cheney, especially after the last time we were there. I think this is a different team however coming up north. Should be a good football game. Who's coming back for EWU? :cool:

lucchesicourt
January 22nd, 2007, 07:00 AM
Personally, I think this year's Ags schedule is the softest in the last three years of 1AA. If someone thinks this is the most difficult, I don't think they've been paying attention. Last year's was definitely the most difficult, and we went 6-5. We should definitely be at least one game better this year.

OrneryAggie
January 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
This year's schedule might look softer but every team on there is going to provide a great game. Besides the DII opener there's not a single pushover. SUU will benefit from ramping up their schollies, Suc St returns a good portion of their D and brings in a proven winner at HC, USD should be more experienced and determined, NDSU and SDSU will be top 20 all season, San Jose is a bowl winner and not the loser they were 2 seasons ago, PSU has UCD's number. The schedule is not soft at all.

Should be an exciting season of Aggie football.

JALMOND
January 22nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I'm looking forward to Davis coming to Portland. All indications this will be a great game and a good indicator for both teams who aspire to make the playoffs this year. This will definitely be a must win for both and this could be a deciding game for inclusion into the playoffs.

lucchesicourt
January 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM
I agree, it's not soft. But last year we had TCU, YSU,NSU,USD, along with ourconference foes. I think UNC was the easiest game last year.

OrneryAggie
January 22nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
I'm looking forward to Davis coming to Portland. All indications this will be a great game and a good indicator for both teams who aspire to make the playoffs this year. This will definitely be a must win for both and this could be a deciding game for inclusion into the playoffs.

Agree. This game or UCD-Poly will probably be the biggest at-large determinig games in the west.