PDA

View Full Version : CFB games taking too long in terms of length - is FCS also affected?

bonarae
January 6th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Though the article below only discusses the effects of the length of time a game takes at the FBS level and its implications, is the FCS also affected by this? What about D-II and D-III? xchinscratchx

The average game time for an FBS game is at 3 hours, 24 minutes this season, setting a new record.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18421234/commissioners-college-football-coaches-seek-shorter-games-record-average-game-2016

Execute008
January 6th, 2017, 08:46 PM
I doubt it. They complaining about length of games, but when you're throwing the ball almost every play and its incomplete then of course the games will be longer. The clock stops so often,not to mention the 20 times they show one replay from 10 angels to see if its a catch or fumble. Add to that the refs throwing a flag but having 5 min discussions on what the penalty is like they have no clue, when they threw the flag smh. Or how about after every three and out its a commercial so the networks can get paid $. The mountain west doesn't have that problem because cbs sports network doesn't run a commercial every 5 seconds. This wont effect the fcs or lower divisions because a lot of teams run the ball more in my opinion and that keeps the clock moving and shorten the game. Not to mention they don't have a ton of instant replays if im not mistaken.

UNHWildcat18
January 6th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Tv time outs, everyone hates commercials

Bisonoline
January 6th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Every year there is an article in this regard. I think the instant reply has a lot to do with it.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 6th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Get better refs and get rid of replay, they fail more often than they get it right anyway.

CID1990
January 6th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Run the triple option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
January 7th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Every year there is an article in this regard. I think the instant reply has a lot to do with it.

I'm pretty sure the rise of no-huddle offenses is the main factor.