PDA

View Full Version : MVFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS

Thumper 76
December 28th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Well I'm a little late getting the tally together but everyone should have plenty of time to get their picks in.

For the championship round to avoid ties you will have to guess the TOTAL of points scored in the championship game. The only way to have the points scored matter is if you picked the winner correctly. That being said, it will be able to help you greatly if you do pick the winner. If you pick correctly, you start with a total of 10 points. Each point you are off by on the total points scored will deduct 0.5 points from the 10 you got from getting the winner correct. This will go all the way to negative points if you are off by more than 20 in your guess. So if you guessed a point total of 84 and there was only 75 points scored, you would get 5.5 points added to your score in our competition here. If we manage to have a tie at the end, the two tied for first will have to play Ro Sham Bo to see who wins the champions hat, which at the moment will be a YSU hat, but is very capable of changing.

I know in the opening week of the playoffs I said we would do against the spread and all that, but I decided that would get awkward to try to figure all those things combined and liked this better. So there. Standings to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
December 28th, 2016, 12:22 AM
T1) The Yo Show: 17
T1) MR CHICKEN: 17
T3) BisonFanInNWMN: 16
T3) Bison56: 16
T5) dewey: 15
T5) SUPharmacist: 15
T5) DaBear: 15
T5) stevdock: 15
T5) Schwartz04: 15
T5) X-Factor: 15
T5) mango433: 15
T5) CappinHard: 15
T5) Penguin Nation: 15
T5) ysubigred: 15
T5) flyrod: 15
T5) jmufan999: 15
T5) Lehigh98: 15
T5) TheValleyRaider: 15
T5) caribeanhen: 15
T20)TwentySix: 14
T20) TheKingpin28: 14
T20) Bisonator: 14
T20) Gil Dolbie: 14
T20) JacksFan40: 14
T20) REALBird: 14
T20) rollbird5: 14
T20) Go Lehigh TU owl: 14
T20) ST_Lawson: 14
T29) Preferred Walk-On: 13
T29) POD Knows: 13
T29) UpstateBison: 13
T29) redbird007: 13
T29) LehighU11: 13
T29) Gangtackle: 13
T35) Mayville Bison: 12
T35) Rabid Rabbit: 12
T35) JSUSoutherner: 12
38) Thumper 76: 11
39) BisonTru: 10

If I missed you and you picked last week let me know.

Team Standings:

YSU: 15.67
Lehigh: 14
NDSU: 13.89
SDSU: 13.4
ISUr: 12.5

Twentysix
December 28th, 2016, 01:36 AM
YSU 38-35

ST_Lawson
December 28th, 2016, 06:57 AM
YSU 42-41

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2016, 06:58 AM
YSU: 41-35

Gangtackle11
December 28th, 2016, 07:06 AM
JMU 31-10

ysubigred
December 28th, 2016, 07:22 AM
YSU 9-8 3 OT's!

dewey
December 28th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Thanks for doing this all season Thumper.

My prediction.
YSU 31
JMU 24

Dewey

stevdock
December 28th, 2016, 08:02 AM
JMU 27-21

Penguin Nation
December 28th, 2016, 08:27 AM
YSU: 34-30

jmufan999
December 28th, 2016, 08:27 AM
JMU 35-17

my team is JMU (edited for this sentence only)

POD Knows
December 28th, 2016, 09:09 AM
JMU 35
YSU 28

Book it, I have money on JMU.

flyrod
December 28th, 2016, 09:12 AM
JMU 35
YSU 21

My Team is JMU of course.

Mayville Bison
December 28th, 2016, 09:39 AM
JMU 31-14

Bison56
December 28th, 2016, 10:04 AM
YSU 35-31

What will I win?

Thanks for all the work you do you wascally wabbit.

Bisonator
December 28th, 2016, 10:44 AM
JMU 42-28

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Well lets see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1jfZvngko

YSU is going to take the cake.

GoGuinsGo
December 28th, 2016, 11:36 AM
YSU 27-24

Preferred Walk-On
December 28th, 2016, 12:58 PM
My team is: North Dakota State

James Madison 31 vs. Youngstown State 37

The Yo Show
December 28th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Well I'm a little late getting the tally together but everyone should have plenty of time to get their picks in.

For the championship round to avoid ties you will have to guess the TOTAL of points scored in the championship game. The only way to have the points scored matter is if you picked the winner correctly. That being said, it will be able to help you greatly if you do pick the winner. If you pick correctly, you start with a total of 10 points. Each point you are off by on the total points scored will deduct 0.5 points from the 10 you got from getting the winner correct. This will go all the way to negative points if you are off by more than 20 in your guess. So if you guessed a point total of 84 and there was only 75 points scored, you would get 5.5 points added to your score in our competition here. If we manage to have a tie at the end, the two tied for first will have to play Ro Sham Bo to see who wins the champions hat, which at the moment will be a YSU hat, but is very capable of changing.

I know in the opening week of the playoffs I said we would do against the spread and all that, but I decided that would get awkward to try to figure all those things combined and liked this better. So there. Standings to follow.

So if I understand that correctly, even though I am tied for first in standings someone below me (at 16 points for instance) could now pass me even if we both pick the correct championship game winner because he is closer to the total point score by 4 points (as each point the predicted score is off from the actual score is 0.5 points)? Or am I misunderstanding the points system and it is only playing into breaking up people tied with you for total points at the end and not giving you a boost at the last minute vs the rest of the field?

Thumper 76
December 28th, 2016, 05:02 PM
So if I understand that correctly, even though I am tied for first in standings someone below me (at 16 points for instance) could now pass me even if we both pick the correct championship game winner because he is closer to the total point score by 4 points (as each point the predicted score is off from the actual score is 0.5 points)? Or am I misunderstanding the points system and it is only playing into breaking up people tied with you for total points at the end and not giving you a boost at the last minute vs the rest of the field?

Yup

The Yo Show
December 28th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Wow you responded fast! xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also assuming you're saying yup to the first part of post haha

Thumper 76
December 28th, 2016, 05:04 PM
YSU 35-31

What will I win?

Thanks for all the work you do you wascally wabbit.

You win a cap from the school whose fanbase has the highest average point per fan score, and had to have a minimum of 3 fans participating for that school to qualify. That's what I'm keeping track of the fanbases for. And yes the fans who stopped picking still count towards your school.

JacksFan40
December 28th, 2016, 10:14 PM
YSU 27-19

The Yo Show
December 29th, 2016, 12:09 AM
YSU 38 JMU 35

My team is the Youngstown State Penguins

Rollbird5
December 29th, 2016, 12:11 AM
JMU 45 YSU 21

My team is the Illinois State Redbirds

RabidRabbit
December 29th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Thanks Thumper for all you've added to AGS.

My Rabbit or is that Rabid thoughts?

JMU - 37
Ysu - 33

Should be a great game. Looking for to watching it from the stands.

mango433
December 29th, 2016, 08:46 AM
JMU--30
YSU--27

My team: SDSU

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2016, 01:54 PM
appears the Asch Experiment is alive and well amongst our dim Valley Fans..... that was the pre-cursor to the Kool Aide The Rev Jim Jones convinced the masses to drink down in the jungle in the late 70's..

Bisonator
December 30th, 2016, 03:09 PM
appears the Asch Experiment is alive and well amongst our dim Valley Fans..... that was the pre-cursor to the Kool Aide The Rev Jim Jones convinced the masses to drink down in the jungle in the late 70's..
No more so then our dim Colonial fans...

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2016, 03:14 PM
No more so then our dim Colonial fans...

fair point....just using the eyeball test, JMU is the clear winner however I think YSU is sneaky good, for those JMU fans predicting blow outs, I don't see that happening.

Thumper 76
December 30th, 2016, 11:07 PM
JMU 28 YSU 24

BisonTru
December 31st, 2016, 05:01 AM
3-2 JMU in 3 OTs

Bigred rents an apartment across from Wild Pitch and never returns to KY.

#Bookit

caribbeanhen
December 31st, 2016, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2442172]

Team Standings:

Delaware 16

Thumper 76
January 2nd, 2017, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2442172]

Team Standings:

Delaware 16

Delaware doesn't have enough fans participating, nice try though.

Redbird007
January 2nd, 2017, 10:10 PM
Jmu31
Y 20

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2017, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;2443002]

Do they still have football at deleware?

Thumper 76
January 2nd, 2017, 10:14 PM
Do they still have football at deleware?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/05ad25d6df2f080818bf23f790d3f647.jpg

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2017, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=caribbeanhen;2443002]

but you have been know to change the rules...

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2017, 09:27 AM
JMU 34, YSU 40

ysubigred
January 3rd, 2017, 10:09 AM
3-2 JMU in 3 OTs

Bigred rents an apartment across from Wild Pitch and never returns to KY.

#Bookit

I'll take it! As long as YSU is 3-2 in 3 OT's xsmiley_wixxthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
JMU 35
YSU 24

My team - not enough of us to matter

C'mon Mr Chicken, take this thing! and watch out for any suspicious activity

JSUSoutherner
January 3rd, 2017, 11:00 AM
YSU- 31
JMU- 28

Lehigh'98
January 3rd, 2017, 11:05 AM
JMU - 42
YSU - 41

TheValleyRaider
January 5th, 2017, 07:10 AM
So you're saying there's a chance?

James Madison vs. Youngstown State James Madison For all the...marbles? Tostitos? Whatever. Nobody makes a title game by accident, certainly not at this level. Both have some impressive wins, especially on the road for their semifinal successes, to get to Frisco. In the end, I think the Dukes have just a little too much firepower for the Penguins to keep up with. Of course, I did say that against EWU as well, but JMU has the defense to back it up this time.

Total points: 60

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2017, 08:27 AM
The current line is JMU -7 1/2. Over/under 63.

I think if NDSU was here the line would be definitely double digits & probably 2 Tds.

I'm with JMU for lots of reasons, but I also think the line is cheap at 7 1/2 given they beat NDSU to get there.

JMU in a competitive game, but a slow death for the Penguins. 21-10 after 3 & 31-10 JMU wins.

Best bet is the under. I see both teams getting out slowly. Nervous/conservative to start.

Good luck to both teams.

penguinpower
January 6th, 2017, 02:27 AM
The current line is JMU -7 1/2. Over/under 63.

I think if NDSU was here the line would be definitely double digits & probably 2 Tds.

I'm with JMU for lots of reasons, but I also think the line is cheap at 7 1/2 given they beat NDSU to get there.

JMU in a competitive game, but a slow death for the Penguins. 21-10 after 3 & 31-10 JMU wins.

Best bet is the under. I see both teams getting out slowly. Nervous/conservative to start.

Good luck to both teams.

The penguins have outscored their opponents in the 4th quarter all year. Just am FYI.

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2017, 04:43 AM
The penguins have outscored their opponents in the 4th quarter all year. Just am FYI.

I guess when you mean all year you don't mean all games. I looked at the NDSU loss and the score said 7-0 NDSU in the 4th quarter.

You may want to check your opponents 4th quarter totals they are quite impressive except for the UNH game. They have an 148-87 4th quarter margin including the UNH hiccup.

It's not always just looking at your team. You should try to be balanced when analyzing a game & look at your opponent. I feel that the JMU offense will wear YSU down. I could be wrong, but I like my chances from what I've seen from both teams. I don't see the final score being indicative of a blowout, but it will look that way in the end.

Just my 2 cents. You don't see it that way because you only see YSU. I've watched a lot of JMU & some of YSU. Both deserving, but only 1 can win.

It should be JMU, but I get it you see only YSU in your analysis if you did any.

Twentysix
January 6th, 2017, 05:32 AM
I guess when you mean all year you don't mean all games. I looked at the NDSU loss and the score said 7-0 NDSU in the 4th quarter.

You may want to check your opponents 4th quarter totals they are quite impressive except for the UNH game. They have an 148-87 4th quarter margin including the UNH hiccup.

It's not always just looking at your team. You should try to be balanced when analyzing a game & look at your opponent. I feel that the JMU offense will wear YSU down. I could be wrong, but I like my chances from what I've seen from both teams. I don't see the final score being indicative of a blowout, but it will look that way in the end.

Just my 2 cents. You don't see it that way because you only see YSU. I've watched a lot of JMU & some of YSU. Both deserving, but only 1 can win.

It should be JMU, but I get it you see only YSU in your analysis if you did any.

You haven't stepped off of JMU's coattails in weeks. Your feet must feel amazing.

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2017, 06:32 AM
You haven't stepped off of JMU's coattails in weeks. Your feet must feel amazing.

.....and another MVFC magical elixir salesman reports in.

Cant give an opinion that doesn't have the MVFC winning. No no....can't have that.

Where were you when I mistakenly thought NDSU would beat JMU in a close game?

Bisonator
January 6th, 2017, 07:54 AM
You'd think he is actually a JMU fan the way he has been pumping their tires. xlolx

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2017, 07:58 AM
You'd think he is actually a JMU fan the way he has been pumping their tires. xlolx

No. Just a guy who watches most of the top FCS teams & certainly all of the CAA. Like I say you MVFC guys only like comments that offer you flowers & balloons. No one outside the inner circle jerk of the MVFC has an opinion worthy unless its complimentary & feeds into your sometimes bs. . xlolx

Bisonator
January 6th, 2017, 08:03 AM
No. Just a guy who watches most of the top FCS teams & certainly all of the CAA. Like I say you MVFC guys only like comments that offer you flowers & balloons. No one outside the inner circle jerk of the MVFC has an opinion worthy unless its complimentary & feeds into your sometimes bs. . xlolx
It's just funny that most of your posts on this site have been in the last 3 weeks and about JMU instead of Nova. I guess there's a reason for that though. xlolx

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2017, 08:23 AM
It's just funny that most of your posts on this site have been in the last 3 weeks and about JMU instead of Nova. I guess there's a reason for that though. xlolx

yeah. I'm definitely a Villanova fan 1st, CAA fan 2nd, FCS fan overall. I might have been the only guy outside of the Dakotas watching the season opener between NDSU-Chuck South.

So yeah. Given that order of my being a fan I have a lot to say about a lot of the FCS. I didn't know you can't post anything other than about Villanova. Where's that AGS stop sign that you think I ran?

It all comes down to some not all of you MVFC posters don't like anything other than something that blows smoke up your arses. I've admired the NDSU run in every post on here. I challenge you to find one where I didn't.

Now because my posted avatar is Villanova it prohibits me from chiming in on the other FCS teams? It's ok when I'm complimentary to NDSU over the years, but the minute you write anything about the mighty MVFC that doesn't sound superlative you guys come out of your hunting cabins with a ignorant vengeance.

Im not the only poster that has written this or thinks this way. It's ok. I'm a big boy. I call them as I see them. I have an experienced eye & believe it or not a fair sense when selecting the winners & losers.

No one attacks me when I picked NDSU to win over JMU. I think I picked 27-24. I was wrong, but since it was with the big bad MVFC nothing is written.

I saw JMU against Villanova. I saw them win 21-7 w/o Schnor for most of the game. I know how good Nova is as I saw them live for 13 games. They didn't have the offense to win games against 3 FCS playoff teams & Pitt. I also saw how IMHO how much more talented JMU was to SDSU. It was easy to see that JMU would give NDSU a game, but I never thought they would win in Fargo.

I cant see how the team that slayed the biggest FCS dragon is now going to have problems with YSU. Sorry I'm a FCS fan. You guys are the homers from where I sit. It was NDSU for 5 years. Now you have to decide between JMU & YSU. I choose the path that ticks off the gauntlet of biased MVFC fans. So be it. I can handle it.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2017, 08:26 AM
yeah. I'm definitely a Villanova fan 1st, CAA fan 2nd, FCS fan overall. I might have been the only guy outside of the Dakotas watching the season opener between NDSU-Chuck South.

So yeah. Given that order of my being a fan I have a lot to say about a lot of the FCS. I didn't know you can't post anything other than about Villanova. Where's that AGS stop sign that you think I ran?

It all comes down to some not all of you MVFC posters don't like anything other than something that blows smoke up your arses. I've admired the NDSU run in every post on here. I challenge you to find one where I didn't.

Now because my posted avatar is Villanova it prohibits me from chiming in on the other FCS teams? It's ok when I'm complimentary to NDSU over the years, but the minute you write anything about the mighty MVFC that doesn't sound superlative you guys come out of your hunting cabins with a ignorant vengeance.

Im not the only poster that has written this or thinks this way. It's ok. I'm a big boy. I call them as I see them. I have an experienced eye & believe it or not a fair sense when selecting the winners & losers.

No one attacks me when I picked NDSU to win over JMU. I think I picked 27-24. I was wrong, but since it was with the big bad MVFC nothing is written.

I saw JMU against Villanova. I saw them win 21-7 w/o Schnor for most of the game. I know how good Nova is as I saw them live for 13 games. They didn't have the offense to win games against 3 FCS playoff teams & Pitt. I also saw how IMHO how much more talented JMU was to SDSU. It was easy to see that JMU would give NDSU a game, but I never thought they would win in Fargo.

I cant see how the team that slayed the biggest FCS dragon is now going to have problems with YSU. Sorry I'm a FCS fan. You guys are the homers from where I sit. It was NDSU for 5 years. Now you have to decide between JMU & YSU. I choose the path that ticks off the gauntlet of biased MVFC fans. So be it. I can handle it.
https://sansadobe.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/bill_murray-stripes1981-1390.jpg

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2017, 08:33 AM
https://sansadobe.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/bill_murray-stripes1981-1390.jpg

I don't think twice about you guys & posts, but I don't back down. You biased over the top MVFC guys need a fox in your hen house. I'm glad to fill the position. Sorry if that's a problem.

Like I've stated before all you MVFC guys would have big heads without a guy like me & all would be mistaken for Bison then. Not on my watch.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2017, 09:06 AM
I don't think twice about you guys & posts, but I don't back down. You biased over the top MVFC guys need a fox in your hen house. I'm glad to fill the position. Sorry if that's a problem.

Like I've stated before all you MVFC guys would have big heads without a guy like me & all would be mistaken for Bison then. Not on my watch.
Lol well you just keep at it foxy.xlolx

I think there's been more then a few MVFC fans who have picked JMU to win.

REALBird
January 6th, 2017, 09:14 AM
JMU 31
YSU 21

My team is Illinois State

Gangtackle11
January 6th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Lol well you just keep at it foxy.xlolx

I think there's been more then a few MVFC fans who have picked JMU to win.

Yep. The NDSU guys who saw them up close mostly. Should be a good game. Pelini is a experienced coach with a capable team.

MR. CHICKEN
January 6th, 2017, 10:13 AM

......AH SAW DUH CHUCKLES SOUFF GAME.......IOWA GAME.......ETAL.......GEEESSHHH....AH SAW MOST UH THURSDAY NIGHT HBCU'S.......BROCCO!

....FINALLY....UH 'NOVA FAN....WHIFF BALLS.........'NUFF.......TA GIVE MVFC......SOME BUFFALO CHIPS......CARIBBEANHEN....SHOODN'T....HAVE TA CARRY DUH LOAD...........BROCCO!

Paladin1aa
January 6th, 2017, 12:35 PM
I like YSU, 28-24

SUPharmacist
January 6th, 2017, 09:40 PM
YSU 27-17.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2017, 05:48 AM
......AH SAW DUH CHUCKLES SOUFF GAME.......IOWA GAME.......ETAL.......GEEESSHHH....AH SAW MOST UH THURSDAY NIGHT HBCU'S.......BROCCO!

....FINALLY....UH 'NOVA FAN....WHIFF BALLS.........'NUFF.......TA GIVE MVFC......SOME BUFFALO CHIPS......CARIBBEANHEN....SHOODN'T....HAVE TA CARRY DUH LOAD...........BROCCO!

The Gangster (Philly reference) has been a welcome relief from my duties Mr. Chicken..... haha

Gangtackle11
January 7th, 2017, 05:49 AM
The Gangster (Philly reference) has been a welcome relief from my duties Mr. Chicken..... haha

For every Ying has been a Yang.

X-Factor
January 7th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Hem and have him and haw......I'll have to go.......

JMU 38-28

MR. CHICKEN
January 7th, 2017, 10:22 AM
xhomerx......CAA !

JMU 37
YSU 23

Thumper 76
January 7th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Not much time left for people

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2017, 08:42 AM
xhomerx......CAA !

JMU 37
YSU 23

Good call Mr C, love the Kool Aide symbol as it looks like it was flowing freely like cheap wine throughout the MFVC fan bunker yet again with all the blind YSU picks....

Kool Aide new flavor of the day ... Rust Belt orange

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Good call Mr C, love the Kool Aide symbol as it looks like it was flowing freely like cheap wine throughout the MFVC fan bunker yet again with all the blind YSU picks....

....STOP IT CH....MAH KEY BOARD IS WET...WHIFF NOSE SPRAY......xlolxxlolxxlolx......BROCCO!

Gangtackle11
January 8th, 2017, 08:53 AM

It was quite evident if you watched the playoff games. JMU exposed their playoff opponents as not being quick enough at many key positions on the field. They had talented athletes all over the field that were just quicker & able to make plays.

Their DBs Moreland & Reynolds in particular had field days defending the slower receivers they were up against. (Villanova is guilty of falling in love with possession receiver types) JMU corners were tighter than a crab's ass to their man almost every play. Allowed them to stack the box & mitigate the smash mouth football teams have deployed successfully in recent years. Comfort in knowing their corners did t need much help from the safeties.

It was different with Houston at the helm. He brought toughness & intensity to that athleticism.

He stays there the rest of the CAA & FCS will have to up their game. You won't be able to put slow possession receivers on the field and expect to win.

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 05:09 PM
So you're saying there's a chance?

James Madison vs. Youngstown State James Madison For all the...marbles? Tostitos? Whatever. Nobody makes a title game by accident, certainly not at this level. Both have some impressive wins, especially on the road for their semifinal successes, to get to Frisco. In the end, I think the Dukes have just a little too much firepower for the Penguins to keep up with. Of course, I did say that against EWU as well, but JMU has the defense to back it up this time.

Total points: 60

BIG shoutout to TheValleyRaider for being the only guy who did the point total right so I'm not forced to add every score. Much appreciated sir!

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 05:24 PM
JMU 28 YSU 24

.....UH...ER....UMM....EH.....YOU.......DIDN'T EVEN DO IT RIGHT.........xsighx......BROCCO!

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2017, 05:35 PM
.....UH...ER....UMM....EH.....YOU.......DIDN'T EVEN DO IT RIGHT.........xsighx......BROCCO!

pure rust belt gold Mr Chicken. Thumper walked right into that one
saying Delaware doesn't have enough participants to win this thing if that's true we got to make sure he remembers us. haaa ha

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 06:06 PM
THE FINAL STANDINGS

1) Gangtackle: 22.5
2) Stevdock: 22
3) Mayville Bison: 20.5
4) jmufan999: 20
5) REALBird: 19
6) redbird007: 18.5
T7) flyrod: 18
T7) MR CHICKEN: 18
9) The Yo Show: 17
10) caribbeanhen: 16.5
T11) BisonFanInNWMN: 16
T11) Bison56: 16
T11) Thumper 76: 16
T11) TheValleyRaider: 16
T15) dewey: 15
T15) SUPharmasist: 15
T15) Penguin Nation: 15
T15) ysubigred: 15
T19) Twenty Six: 14
T19) TheKingpin28: 14
T19) Gil Dolbie: 14
T19) JacksFan40: 14
T19) ST_Lawson: 14
T24) Preferred Walk-On: 13
T24) X-Factor: 13
T26) POD Knows: 12.5
T26) mango433: 12.5
T27) rollbird5: 12
T27) JSUSoutherner: 12
28) Rabid Rabbit: 8
29) Lehigh98. 4.5
30) BisonTru: 1.5

As you can see the point total caused some movement in the standings up and down, which was the goal. Some people butches the point total and some people damn near nailed it, like our champion, Gangtackle, who was off by one point from the actual total. Another interesting stat is over 50% of participants went with JMU.

Gangtackle is the winner, and for the winner of the teams fans to decide his hat in descending order:

5) Lehigh: 10.5
4) SDSU: 13.1
3) NDSU: 13.92
2) ISUr: 14.65

1) YSU: 15.67

So you'll need to pm me where you want the hat sent Gangtackle.

In other news since dewey MEGA CHOKED in the last two rounds and I was fairly close with my total score and winner of the championship game, I came back to win the tiebreaker in the final round by one point. After an entire season of pics it came down to one point. Good game my man.

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 06:24 PM
....CONGRATS....GANGTACKLE.......GOOD GAME....AH GUESS.....xdontknowx......TIEBREAKER...SHOODAH BEEN.......GUESS DUH #...UH RULE CHANGES....:D.....BROCCO!

Gangtackle11
January 8th, 2017, 06:29 PM
xembarrassedx Aww shucks!!

Let's take a poll and see who would be the last guy that Thumper would want to win this? xeyebrowx

I now have to come up with a bogus address for Thumper to send his probable cyanide laced package. xsmhx

Let's see maybe POD's address.. no he lives in a van down by the river....hmm what am I gunna do. xsmiley_wix

I think I want a jackrabbit hat to remind me of how much fun this offseason has been. What do U say Thumper?

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 06:54 PM
....IN APPRECIATION....UH THUMPER.....RUNNIN' DIS GAME.....AH WOOD LIKE TA PROMISE HIM.......ONE YEAR.....UH MR. CHICKEN'S....FULL ATTENTION.......xhypedx.....BROCCO!

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2017, 06:59 PM
....IN APPRECIATION....UH THUMPER.....RUNNIN' DIS GAME.....AH WOOD LIKE TA PROMISE HIM.......ONE YEAR.....UH MR. CHICKEN'S....FULL ATTENTION.......xhypedx.....BROCCO!

were you disqualified Mr C?

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 07:07 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24341&stc=1.....MOS' LIKELY.....MISTAKENLY OMMITTED.....DEESE THINGS HAPPEN.....xoopsx....BROCCO!

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 07:41 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24341&stc=1.....MOS' LIKELY.....MISTAKENLY OMMITTED.....DEESE THINGS HAPPEN.....xoopsx....BROCCO!

Goddamnit I don't know how I missed putting you in, cause I distinctly remember worrying I would have to go back through the entire thread to find your prediction until I saw it towards the end. Sorry about that!

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 07:47 PM

Let's take a poll and see who would be the last guy that Thumper would want to win this? xeyebrowx

I now have to come up with a bogus address for Thumper to send his probable cyanide laced package. xsmhx

Let's see maybe POD's address.. no he lives in a van down by the river....hmm what am I gunna do. xsmiley_wix

I think I want a jackrabbit hat to remind me of how much fun this offseason has been. What do U say Thumper?

The hat you win is a YSU hat since their fans had the highest average score of the fanbases that had 3 or more fans picking. I wish it was a Jacks hat myself as well, but they won. I'm just glad it wasn't a bison hat, not sure I could live with buying something Bison.

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 07:49 PM
....CONGRATS....GANGTACKLE.......GOOD GAME....AH GUESS.....xdontknowx......TIEBREAKER...SHOODAH BEEN.......GUESS DUH #...UH RULE CHANGES....:D.....BROCCO!
Meh, only made two changes I believe, one before it started on the number of fans needed for a fanbase to qualify for the team competition and changed the way I planned on doing the championship game.

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 07:54 PM
I'm aware, that's why I said he's the only one.

pure rust belt gold Mr Chicken. Thumper walked right into that one
saying Delaware doesn't have enough participants to win this thing if that's true we got to make sure he remembers us. haaa ha
Not sure what I have to do with the rust belt. No Delaware did not have enough people to qualify. I know you already are aware of this. All you needed to do was get one more fan of Delaware to make some picks. That's not a me problem, it's a you problem. Lehigh managed it. Any changes done to the rules were done before the event the rules change would effect happened. I'm not switching it at the last round so you feel good. You want to have the rules you want? Go do your own game then.

dewey
January 8th, 2017, 09:35 PM
THE FINAL STANDINGS

T11) Thumper 76: 16
T15) dewey: 15

In other news since dewey MEGA CHOKED in the last two rounds and I was fairly close with my total score and winner of the championship game, I came back to win the tiebreaker in the final round by one point. After an entire season of pics it came down to one point. Good game my man.

God dang it! First the Bison lose and now thisxbangx

Thanks for doing this all year Thumper. I will have some cold beer waiting for you next fall in Brookings for the NDSU SDSU game.

Dewey

POD Knows
January 8th, 2017, 09:49 PM

I don't live in a van down by the river but that is my goal. There wouldn't be any mailing address so you will need to go to plan B.

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2445808]I'm aware, that's why I said he's the only one.

Not sure what I have to do with the rust belt. No Delaware did not have enough people to qualify. I know you already are aware of this. All you needed to do was get one more fan of Delaware to make some picks. That's not a me problem, it's a you problem. Lehigh managed it. Any changes done to the rules were done before the event the rules change would effect happened. I'm not switching it at the last round so you feel good. You want to have the rules you want? Go do your own game then.

...IT WAS YER GAME.....TITLE UH THREAD....WAS EXCLUSIONARY....YA WANT GAMERS.....TA PLAY....SHOODAH....MADE IT ACCESSIBLE...........BROCCO!

....C'MON MAN....AH'VE PLAYED BLOCK POOLS....BOOKIE POOLS.......DELAWARE MEMORIAL BRIDGE...JUMPER POOLS........NCAA 64 ROUND-BALLERS......13 RUN POOLS.........HENSROCK'S....GAMES.......AN' NONE UH 'EM.....WERE AS TOUGH TA FIGURE OUT......AS CLENZ & YOUR....CONCOCTIONS............BROCCO!

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 11:15 PM
....WHO WERE........DUH....QUALIFYIN'...........VILLANOVA GAMERS.........DAT ALLOWED.......GANGTACKLE....DUH BLING.....xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx.......... ....BROCCO!

dewey
January 8th, 2017, 11:23 PM
....WHO WERE........DUH....QUALIFYIN'...........VILLANOVA GAMERS.........DAT ALLOWED.......GANGTACKLE....DUH BLING.....xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx.......... ....BROCCO!

Need to have a brain bigger than a chicken to figure this out:D

Gang tackle won but the cap he wins is from Youngstown State as they had the highest average team standings. To be eligible to win a team needed so many fans from that team to pick.

Thumper correct me where I am wrong.

Dewey

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 11:36 PM

No you aren't understanding at all. This isn't difficult. The prize is a hat from an FCS school. Instead of it being of the school of the poster, instead I made it so the hat was from the team whose fans had the best overall performance. Now, to make it fair there had to be minimum qualifications or a two man team could easily smoke a group of ten or fifteen off of average. So THAT is what I mean by UD not qualifying. You had two posters. It had NOTHING to do with WHO won the competition, only with WHAT you won in the competition.

Thumper 76
January 8th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Need to have a brain bigger than a chicken to figure this out:D

Gang tackle won but the cap he wins is from Youngstown State as they had the highest average team standings. To be eligible to win a team needed so many fans from that team to pick.

Thumper correct me where I am wrong.

Dewey

Winner

MR. CHICKEN
January 9th, 2017, 06:41 AM
....DON'T...GIVE UH.....CRAP...'BOUT DUH PRIZE......YOU SAY YA NEEDED 3 PLAYERS FROM EVERAH SKOOL....TA QUALIFY.......WHOM WERE DUH MINIMUM UH 3 'NOVA PLAYERS.........YER DUH EGG-HEADS.....NOT UNDERSTANDIN'....MAH GRIPE.........BROCCO!

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 07:02 AM
....DON'T...GIVE UH.....CRAP...'BOUT DUH PRIZE......YOU SAY YA NEEDED 3 PLAYERS FROM EVERAH SKOOL....TA QUALIFY.......WHOM WERE DUH MINIMUM UH 3 'NOVA PLAYERS.........YER DUH EGG-HEADS.....NOT UNDERSTANDIN'....MAH GRIPE.........BROCCO!

nova doesn't have 3 fans in their stands..how can they have three fans on here? xeyebrowx

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2017, 07:48 AM
nova doesn't have 3 fans in their stands..how can they have three fans on here? xeyebrowx

The 3 we have haven't seen a Delaware win in awhile. The basketball school is also the football school in this rivalry.

28-21-1 & 9 of last 10. xpeacex (Vs up)

Thumper 76
January 9th, 2017, 08:22 AM

K then don't play next year. Good talk. If you wanna be an idiot go do it somewhere else.

I'm just for one more try. The number of posters from a team participating had nothing to do with qualifying to be able to win the competition. It had to do with said posters school being eligible to participate to be the prize given out. If you can't figure out the difference you legitimately need to see a specialist to help you with cognitive function. I know you are not stupid Chicken, so if you continue to try to push this point you can write it on a piece of paper, crumple it up, and shove it up your ****ing ass cause I don't give a ****.

Mayville Bison
January 9th, 2017, 09:41 AM
K then don't play next year. Good talk. If you wanna be an idiot go do it somewhere else.

I'm just for one more try. The number of posters from a team participating had nothing to do with qualifying to be able to win the competition. It had to do with said posters school being eligible to participate to be the prize given out. If you can't figure out the difference you legitimately need to see a specialist to help you with cognitive function. I know you are not stupid Chicken, so if you continue to try to push this point you can write it on a piece of paper, crumple it up, and shove it up your ****ing ass cause I don't give a ****.

Must spread rep....

Thanks for all the time you've put into this all year! Might need to adjust the scoring for the champ game cuz there's no way I should've ended in 3rd place with the lousy picks I made during the playoffs, but still had fun following along

Bison56
January 9th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Congrats to Gangtackle11, and thanks Thumper 76 for the work you put in on this.

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Congrats to Gangtackle11, and thanks Thumper 76 for the work you put in on this.

Thanks. Winner of "The Blind Squirrel finds an Acorn" contest.

Thanks to Thumper76 for the contest work.

Bison56
January 9th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thanks. Winner of "The Blind Squirrel finds an Acorn" contest.

Thanks to Thumper76 for the contest work.

I like that, next season that should be the title of it.xlolx

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2017, 10:25 AM

exactly Mr. C, nobody within a 15 mile radius of Rust city wants that stinking hat, I bet gangtackle takes that thing to K-mart and returns it... haha

Thumper 76
January 9th, 2017, 11:03 AM
exactly Mr. C, nobody within a 15 mile radius of Rust city wants that stinking hat, I bet gangtackle takes that thing to K-mart and returns it... haha

K he's welcome to do that. Like I said, you're welcome to go play a fun game of hide and go **** yourself.

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2017, 01:00 PM
K he's welcome to do that. Like I said, you're welcome to go play a fun game of hide and go **** yourself.

Onion skin.... sounds like you need a vacation...

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Onion skin.... sounds like you need a vacation...

SAD. Seasonal Affective Disorder thing going on...the sun set on his team with a loud Thumper earlier than he had hoped and he understands it won't be rising high again for quite some time.

dewey
January 9th, 2017, 02:17 PM

I will try to explain this for Thumper one more time then I am done with this topic.

1. Anyone can/could have played the pick'em game (no minimum number of fans from a team required).
2. Individual picks were kept track of by Thumper.
3. Here is the tricky part so pay close attention.
4. The prize you win is a hat from the team that had the highest team average score with a minimum of 3 posters from a particular school. Since YSU had the highest team average score (see quote from Thumper below) that is the prize the gangtackle won (just 1 person to be crystal clear).

Team Standings:

If this isn't clear I am done. If you are just trying to be asshats then I really fell sorry for you as your life must suck that bad that you need to be a a-hole on a FCS football forum to a person that put together a pick'em challenge for FUN on his own time and own dime.

Congratulations Gangtackle on winning the pick'em.

Dewey