PDA

View Full Version : FCS National Championship Game

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 19th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Are you going to watch? Do you have other things going on or just dont care?

Me, I am busy that day

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Probably not.

Nickels
December 19th, 2016, 01:31 PM
If I watch and see another officiating **** show, like we've seen the entire playoffs, I'm afraid I won't watch another NCAA game ever again...So I probably won't...

kdinva
December 19th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Yes.......

bjtheflamesfan
December 19th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I voted other because it will depend on my work schedule

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Well, it will be officiated by your wonderful Southland squad.

If I watch and see another officiating **** show, like we've seen the entire playoffs, I'm afraid I won't watch another NCAA game ever again...So I probably won't...

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I will watch, unless something else on the beach divides my attention.

Preferred Walk-On
December 19th, 2016, 02:52 PM

I will watch for sure. My team may not be in it, but two deserving teams are. They have run their respective gauntlets (CAA, MVFC, and 3-4 playoff games, including tough wins on the road), and the least I can do is give them some of the attention that our team and fan base has enjoyed over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
December 19th, 2016, 03:14 PM
I will be watching.

Dewey

Nickels
December 19th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Well, it will be officiated by your wonderful Southland squad.
Oh lord...I sure as hell don't claim those clowns...

Remember these following words; SLC officials will **** this game up.

The only thing that might save them is a blowout.

Bison56
December 19th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I will be tuning in.

stuperman17
December 19th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I'll be there. Bought 12 tickets yesterday and already have my flight.

Can't wait.

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2016, 03:49 PM

Me, I am busy that day

Didn't you say you were a big JMU fan?

BisonTru
December 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I have a lot more interest in this game then the 80 some bowls that will be on, and I'll watch a few of them just because it's football, and I like to watch football.

McNeese75
December 19th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Planning on it xnodx

BirdFan 4Life
December 19th, 2016, 04:47 PM
I'll be going to the game mainly to support JMU/my girlfriend's brother but won't be heartbroken if the MVFC comes away with another title. Would have watched the game on TV if tickets weren't lined up.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2016, 05:00 PM
yes, wouldn't miss any FCS National Championship game....

BEAR
December 19th, 2016, 05:06 PM
I support FCS football so you better believe I will!

SLC officials?! Bwahahaha! What genius chose them to screw up the most important game of the year. I guess the real refs were busy with one of those important bowl games.....;)

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Yeah if the JMU/ndsu game was any indication, the slc refs stunk it up and we'd need a quick blowout going to take away their influence on the outcome.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Didn't you say you were a big JMU fan?

I say a lot of things.........

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2016, 06:13 PM
I say a lot of things.........

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AG1, I have a photo of a Bison fan at the game, Rumor control indicates it might be you... should I post it up so you can verify?

penguinpower
December 19th, 2016, 06:59 PM
After visiting this site over the years I actually didn't believe we had a chance to get here. Now I am seeing the pundits say that YSU still has no chance because we had the "easy side" of the bracket. However, YSU had had a difficult road to get here. They haven't had a week off since September during the bye week. They've battled injuries.....major injuries. To the QB to the DE's etc. They found an answer with the 4th QB after NDSU. Pelini said he was making changes.....he obviously did. YSU faced some of the best rushing and passing offenses in the FCS. They faced the best running QB too. They got the offense on track and pulled out the wins (even dealing with critical suspensions) some on the road in tough conditions. Still they came out ahead. Now they face a balanced team that looks similar to themselves. I am not saying we win. I am going to the game to support my team. I think they have a chance. As an Ohio State and YSU fan I never thought Pelini was am excellent coach. I always felt he couldn't win the big game. The data and circumstances say differently. I am getting on board.

Since I truly believe that a game can be won on Any Given Saturday I never bring in smack. It is useless and if you do talk smack you are not wise. Just my opinion.

I have lifetime friends in Fargo. I cannot believe the support they have for YSU. It makes me respect their program even more.

Finally I appreciate that the bison fans that are on the YSU board helping us with arrangements, tickets etc. It's been a while since we've been here and they are helping us shake off the rust. That is meaningful for someone as myopic as a fan that supports their team. Much respect and thanks to those bison fans. True class. Feels like family.

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 08:48 PM

SLC officials?! Bwahahaha! What genius chose them to screw up the most important game of the year. I guess the real refs were busy with one of those important bowl games.....;)

Southland conference is always the host for the game since it's in their territory

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 08:51 PM
After visiting this site over the years I actually didn't believe we had a chance to get here. Now I am seeing the pundits say that YSU still has no chance because we had the "easy side" of the bracket. However, YSU had had a difficult road to get here. They haven't had a week off since September during the bye week. They've battled injuries.....major injuries. To the QB to the DE's etc. They found an answer with the 4th QB after NDSU. Pelini said he was making changes.....he obviously did. YSU faced some of the best rushing and passing offenses in the FCS. They faced the best running QB too. They got the offense on track and pulled out the wins (even dealing with critical suspensions) some on the road in tough conditions. Still they came out ahead. Now they face a balanced team that looks similar to themselves. I am not saying we win. I am going to the game to support my team. I think they have a chance. As an Ohio State and YSU fan I never thought Pelini was am excellent coach. I always felt he couldn't win the big game. The data and circumstances say differently. I am getting on board.

Since I truly believe that a game can be won on Any Given Saturday I never bring in smack. It is useless and if you do talk smack you are not wise. Just my opinion.

I have lifetime friends in Fargo. I cannot believe the support they have for YSU. It makes me respect their program even more.

Finally I appreciate that the bison fans that are on the YSU board helping us with arrangements, tickets etc. It's been a while since we've been here and they are helping us shake off the rust. That is meaningful for someone as myopic as a fan that supports their team. Much respect and thanks to those bison fans. True class. Feels like family.

Good luck! Remember no national runner up t-shirts!

Bisonator
December 19th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Absolutely I'll be watching. Last real football game of the season wouldn't miss it.

JMUNJ08
December 19th, 2016, 11:11 PM

Aren't they always the officials since they know a Southland team can never really win the title?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 20th, 2016, 12:03 AM
AG1, I have a photo of a Bison fan at the game, Rumor control indicates it might be you... should I post it up so you can verify?

I dont care what you do.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2016, 03:45 AM
I dont care what you do.

ok, I'll give you a break seeing you've had a rough week...

ysubigred
December 20th, 2016, 07:31 AM

This xconfusedxxthumbsupx

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/federica-nargi-in-bikini-at-a-beach-in-mykonos-06-15-2015_1.jpg

dewey
December 20th, 2016, 07:36 AM
I have posted this before but I will post it again.

If you are on the fence about going do yourself a HUGE favor and make the trip. Watching your team play in (and win if it happens) is one of the things I cherish the most. Also if you go to the game and your team wins go down on the field afterwards to celebrate.

Watching my son do confetti angels in the endzone last January was one of the best things this father has ever experienced.

Good luck to both teams and have safe travels.

Dewey

TheRevSFA
December 20th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Go. No question. Go.

Sammy94
December 20th, 2016, 08:20 AM
How can you not? This is going to be epic, the suspended players bowl.

Twentysix
December 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Absolutely. Go guins!

Silenoz
December 20th, 2016, 11:36 AM

Me, I am busy that day

You pout over NDSU more than the Griz

Christiank22
December 20th, 2016, 11:41 AM
I won't be watching, have a long weekend that weekend on account I planned on going so I'm gonna still do something fun that weekend

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ASU33
December 20th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I'll be there live and in person!

cx500d
December 20th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Yeah, they should do a special 7 on 7 suspended player natty too! Then they could claim "my suspended players are better than your suspended players."

How can you not? This is going to be epic, the suspended players bowl.

Execute008
December 20th, 2016, 08:47 PM
I will be watching. It should be an interesting game. Two different strategies to the game. Both have good defense but one team run spread while other play smash mouth. I think the suspensions going to hurt JMU in the game. The only thing is we don't know if the players are starters or not.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 21st, 2016, 12:24 AM
Execute008 - It seems that YSU has more starters suspended than JMU. The Dukes will be fine - we got by the Bison in the dome with the same group. It mostly sucks not to have Als, but the WR depth is very good. Both these teams overcame adversity to get here, the suspensions really are almost a non-factor at this point.

DirtyDukes
December 21st, 2016, 10:10 AM
Execute008 - It seems that YSU has more starters suspended than JMU. The Dukes will be fine - we got by the Bison in the dome with the same group. It mostly sucks not to have Als, but the WR depth is very good. Both these teams overcame adversity to get here, the suspensions really are almost a non-factor at this point.

All's replacement John Miller caught the game winning TD pass.

Bison56
December 21st, 2016, 10:12 AM
I'll be there live and in person!

Impossible

CHIP72
December 21st, 2016, 10:16 AM
I'm much more likely to watch this season than in recent seasons, partly because the game involves 2 eastern (or at least near-eastern) teams and partly because I don't have any conflicts for much of the game. (I do have a commitment that probably will prevent me from watching much of the 1st half.)

jmufan999
December 21st, 2016, 03:06 PM
one team run spread while other play smash mouth.

you can't play smash mouth in a spread offense? I'm going to guess you didn't watch the JMU/NDSU game.