PDA

View Full Version : ETSU Releases 2017 Schedule

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 19th, 2016, 12:45 PM
ETSU released its schedule today.

http://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2016-17/13505/etsu-football-announces-2017-schedule/

At first glance, I can see ETSU easily go 2-1 out of conference. I also believe ETSU could cobble together four conference wins and go 6-5. My definition of success for 2017 is a winning season (6-5), something we have not had in a long time.

bonarae
December 20th, 2016, 02:08 AM
I agree with 6-5. The Bucs may have a few close calls along the way... how many will return for next year? xcoffeex

walliver
December 20th, 2016, 08:25 AM
4-4 in the SoCon will be a challenge. The 4 playoff teams will all be good next year. FU will be improved. Mercer will be good. And WCU hopefully improves with a new DC. I predict 2 or 3 conference wins.

Catamount87
December 20th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Sorry, I don't see 6-5 with that schedule. I'll go ahead and say ETSU will be 1-4 going into October. That means they'll need to go 5-1 with three FCS playoff teams in the final 6 game stretch. That's just not going to happen.

catamount man
December 20th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I don't see 6-5 with that schedule. I'll go ahead and say ETSU will be 1-4 going into October. That means they'll need to go 5-1 with three FCS playoff teams in the final 6 game stretch. That's just not going to happen.

I'll refrain from saying where any team will be or should be considering how our 2016 went.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 20th, 2016, 08:19 PM
I agree with 6-5. The Bucs may have a few close calls along the way... how many will return for next year? xcoffeex

Our senior class consisted of a whopping four players.

Mocs123
December 20th, 2016, 08:43 PM

http://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2016-17/13505/etsu-football-announces-2017-schedule/

At first glance, I can see ETSU easily go 2-1 out of conference. I also believe ETSU could cobble together four conference wins and go 6-5. My definition of success for 2017 is a winning season (6-5), something we have not had in a long time.

ETSU was such a Jeckel and Hyde team last year. They beat some good teams, so obviously they could play good football at times, but there were other games they were completely noncompetitive. I guess that inconsistency is what you get with a bunch of underclassmen.

NorthChuckSouth
December 21st, 2016, 10:21 AM

That 1 loss is to Limestone, right?

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 21st, 2016, 10:30 AM
That 1 loss is to Limestone, right?

If we lose to Limestone, we will be the laughingstocks of the FCS.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 21st, 2016, 10:35 AM
ETSU was such a Jeckel and Hyde team last year. They beat some good teams, so obviously they could play good football at times, but there were other games they were completely noncompetitive. I guess that inconsistency is what you get with a bunch of underclassmen.

That was my take as well. We got lucky at the start but then we fell apart. I was shocked at the Samford result because Samford was playing for the playoffs. I doubted ETSU for the most part.

The Cats
December 21st, 2016, 03:48 PM
I'll refrain from saying where any team will be or should be considering how our 2016 went.

I think that's a wise move.

I'm hoping we improve, but they will have to make a believer out of me. I'm not falling for any WCU hype in 2017, like I did in 2016.

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2016, 05:26 PM

My prediction is that all 9 Teams go 4-4 in Conference Games in 2017....and win ALL of their non-FBS OOC games. The NSA's computer will use its yottabytes to determine the AutoQualifier and the Playoff Selection Committee will be forced to offer At-Large bids to the other 8 SoCon schools

catamount man
December 21st, 2016, 05:57 PM
My prediction is that all 9 Teams go 4-4 in Conference Games in 2017....and win ALL of their non-FBS OOC games. The NSA's computer will use its yottabytes to determine the AutoQualifier and the Playoff Selection Committee will be forced to offer At-Large bids to the other 8 SoCon schools

That would put WCU at 6-6. Based on what I witnessed in 2016, I will gladly take it. Slowly, the conference is getting good again and by that I mean every team can win "any given Saturday".

FUBeAR
December 21st, 2016, 06:28 PM
That would put WCU at 6-6. Based on what I witnessed in 2016, I will gladly take it. Slowly, the conference is getting good again and by that I mean every team can win "any given Saturday".

Yep - and Mercer will be 5-6 (assuming losses to Alabama & Auburn...grudgingly, assuming) and the 1st 5-6 Team to be in the Playoffs; either by winning the "NSA Challenge" and getting the Autobid OR an At-Large after playing both SEC Schools down to the wire and having beaten the SoCon Team that wins the "NSA Challenge."

It could happen...

catamount man
December 21st, 2016, 07:14 PM
Life will be interesting for you when Clay and Bobby square off next year in Greenville? That's going to get interesting. I'm just glad both are coming up the mountain.