PDA

View Full Version : Hey Montana State Fans, I Have a Serious Question For You.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I am going to be in Bozeman, (Gallatin Gateway to be specific) and I am staying until Sunday mid morning/day. What bar and/or restaurant should I go to watch the NDSU vs SDSU game? I am staying at the La Quinta on Saturday and looking for fun things to do while I am there.

Thanks.

Silenoz
December 7th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Griz fan here, but close enough. Never been in the La Quinta, but here are some nearby options:

- GranTree is just across the interstate and has a bar with tons of TVs
- Old Chicago is across the interstate and just down the road to the West
- Spectators is the MSU "campus" sports bar. Its across town but you'll likely find a bunch of MSU fans who would gladly discuss how much they hate UM, and get you mixed up with UND (kidding, sortof)
- Buffalo Wild Wings is a medium commute but probably has the most TVs overall

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Griz fan here, but close enough. Never been in the La Quinta, but here are some nearby options:

- GranTree is just across the interstate and has a bar with tons of TVs
- Old Chicago is across the interstate and just down the road to the West
- Spectators is the MSU "campus" sports bar. Its across town but you'll likely find a bunch of MSU fans who would gladly discuss how much they hate UM, and get you mixed up with UND (kidding, sortof)
- Buffalo Wild Wings is a medium commute but probably has the most TVs overall

I appreciate it. I have nothing to do on Saturday during the day and evening and do not want to spend my entire day and night in a hotel room. Looking to explore and see what there is to do.

inb4someonesaysthereisnothingtodoinbozeman

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I appreciate it. I have nothing to do on Saturday during the day and evening and do not want to spend my entire day and night in a hotel room. Looking to explore and see what there is to do.

inb4someonesaysthereisnothingtodoinbozeman

If it weren't for the game I would say hit up Bridger. Then again you're a flatlander so you're probably afraid of heights. ;)

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2016, 06:23 PM
If it weren't for the game I would say hit up Bridger. Then again you're a flatlander so you're probably afraid of heights. ;)

Why do you think I live in Fargo? Walking up the steps in the dome is more than enough of a elevation adjustment for me. xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Why do you think I live in Fargo? Walking up the steps in the dome is more than enough of a elevation adjustment for me. xlolx
xlolx

Also Museum of the Rockies has an amazing dinosaur collection if you're interested in such things.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2016, 06:42 PM
xlolx

Also Museum of the Rockies has an amazing dinosaur collection if you're interested in such things.

Now that sounds like fun. Opposite end of the city, but I could hopefully find time for it after the game.

bobcathpdevil56
December 7th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Pour House and the Rockin R bar downtown, will have plenty of TVs to watch the game as well. You would have to drive from your hotel though

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Pour House and the Rockin R bar downtown, will have plenty of TVs to watch the game as well. You would have to drive from your hotel though

Yeah I am flying in, but I hope there is a cab service, since if so, I would be able to get there. Otherwise, I will have my snow gear so I could always walk the 2 miles or so. Hope I do not have to though. I figured since this will be the only time I will be there for at least the next few years, I should try other places that I would not be able to.

BisonTru
December 7th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Uber if they have it.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Uber if they have it.

I have a dumb phone, otherwise I would

Silenoz
December 8th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Now that sounds like fun. Opposite end of the city, but I could hopefully find time for it after the game.

1/2 a mile away from Spectators (they're both on the edge of campus)

Catbooster
December 8th, 2016, 02:35 PM
All of the above are good suggestions. Also near campus (near Spectators and Museum of the Rockies) is the American Computer Museum, which is highly rated.

Rocking R is good for watching the game if you want to see downtown. There are a few breweries near there.

BWW, Old Chicago are near each other, but no real attractions nearby - strip malls, Costco, shopping area.

Grantree is good, but again not real close to anything else much to see.

If you had a car there's plenty of good drives into the mountains, etc.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2016, 10:15 PM
I am staying in a château up in the mountains in Big Sky. 7 bedroom extravaganza. It is unreal. Yeah if I had a car, I would go for a day drive around but flying was easier and I had transportation lined up.

Thanks for the continued suggestions.

Nickels
December 8th, 2016, 10:22 PM
I have a dumb phone, otherwise I would
You're probably not alone considering you guys live 20 years behind and all the geriatrics that live up there. I'm surprised Uber hasn't adjusted its business model for the region.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2016, 10:28 PM
You're probably not alone considering you guys live 20 years behind and all the geriatrics that live up there. I'm surprised Uber hasn't adjusted its business model for the region.

I just do not need something that will cost more money and give me more than what I need.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Well if any of the MSU or UM fans that are near Bozeman and are free on Saturday, if you want to watch the game, send me a PM and we can exchange contact info. Otherwise, I will be at one of the bars for the game.