PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs Chuck South confirmed

CSUBUCDAD
January 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Just got an email response from Coach Ayers confirming that Charleston Southern has inked a deal with Wofford for the next four years. Luckily Spartanburg isn't that far up the road, but damn those stadium seats are concrete and cold as hell late in the season.

MarkCCU
January 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
This will be a good game for Chuck to build on...

AppGuy04
January 17th, 2007, 01:15 PM
This will be a good game for Chuck to build on...

Wofford is gonna smack them IMO

CSUBUCDAD
January 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM
No doubt we might take a good thumping but uping the level of competition can only make you better. Wofford will definately be an up in the level of competition for us.

AppGuy04
January 17th, 2007, 01:20 PM
No doubt we might take a good thumping but uping the level of competition can only make you better. Wofford will definately be an up in the level of competition for us.

Scheduling and SOS wise, this is great, just bad timing. Wofford will be a great team, possibly a playoff team next year while you guys lose your all-conference QB and WR, doesn't look good

CSUBUCDAD
January 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Scheduling and SOS wise, this is great, just bad timing. Wofford will be a great team, possibly a playoff team next year while you guys lose your all-conference QB and WR, doesn't look good
Losing Drafts and Price will hurt but overall there are 7 offensive and 8 defensive starters returning. We have a very talented couple of QB's coming up to compete for the starting spot, both of who will force a change in the offensive strategy for Mills. Eli Byrd and Sidney Bryant are both very speedy and have pretty good arms to boot. Will be interesting to see who wins out but my guess will be Bryant because of his experience and size. Got a stable full of WR's to make a run at Rucker and Prices spots as well. Defensively we have 3 all Big South starters returning in LB's Lee and Ross and DB Hirschman plus a good many of the DL's.

Alot will depend on how Mills adjust the offensive strategy to utilize the speed he will have at QB. It will be a year for adjustments, but I am not sure the Bucs will take the thumpings alot of folks think they will.

Coastal89
January 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Losing Drafts and Price will hurt but overall there are 7 offensive and 8 defensive starters returning. We have a very talented couple of QB's coming up to compete for the starting spot, both of who will force a change in the offensive strategy for Mills. Eli Byrd and Sidney Bryant are both very speedy and have pretty good arms to boot. Will be interesting to see who wins out but my guess will be Bryant because of his experience and size. Got a stable full of WR's to make a run at Rucker and Prices spots as well. Defensively we have 3 all Big South starters returning in LB's Lee and Ross and DB Hirschman plus a good many of the DL's.

Alot will depend on how Mills adjust the offensive strategy to utilize the speed he will have at QB. It will be a year for adjustments, but I am not sure the Bucs will take the thumpings alot of folks think they will.
Dad I have to question your optumism seeing how the CSU OL gave up 22 sacks last year against a weak schedule. How well can they protect a new QB against much better defenses this year?

GoldandBlack
January 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I'll be interested in seeing who has the first home game - I'm hoping the first game's at Wofford. We're at Citadel next year, and I can't think of anything better than alternating CSU and Citadel so there's at least one road trip to Charleston every year.

About the concrete - just get a double chili-cheese with bacon A-Plenty at The Beacon before you go to the game, and you won't need to worry about sitting on the concrete for too long at one time.

See you this fall!

Dabnus Brickey
January 17th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Dad I have to question your optumism seeing how the CSU OL gave up 22 sacks last year against a weak schedule. How well can they protect a new QB against much better defenses this year?

I hope Wofford beats the tar out of CSU.

Love that chicken, by the way...

dungeonjoe
January 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Just got an email response from Coach Ayers confirming that Charleston Southern has inked a deal with Wofford for the next four years. Luckily Spartanburg isn't that far up the road, but damn those stadium seats are concrete and cold as hell late in the season.

That you have email correspondence with Coach Ayers, now that impresses me more. ;)

CSUBUCDAD
January 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM

That is where the change in offensive strategy comes in. Like I said, much will depend on who Mills adjusts to the new style he will have at QB. Niether of the two QB's coming up will take the kind of sacks that Drafts took because they run the ball much better(and Drafts was no slouch at that either) and will pull it down and go instead of hanging in the pocket. Course, that ain't always good.

CSU BUCS
January 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
The O-line last season was made up mostly of all true freshmen and true sophomores with one Junior. A lot of the sacks came off of designed QB draws when Colin didn’t make it back to the line of scrimmage.

Dabnus Brickey
January 17th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Sacks came off designed QB draws and you think that's good strategy?

CSU BUCS
January 17th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Just saying that not all 22 came from a break down in pass protection.

CSUBUCDAD
January 18th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Sacks came off designed QB draws and you think that's good strategy?
Any play where the QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage is recorded as a sack regardless of whether he was running the ball or attempting to pass.

andy7171
January 18th, 2007, 07:40 AM
You're not taking into account for the learning curve. O-lineman get better with time.