Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 02:16 PM
I don't agree with some of these, but the top five are:

1) Briscoe-SHSU
2) Gubrud-EWU
3) Jenkins-JSU
4) Hodges-Samford
5) Gustafson-Montana

It's a stupid slideshow article, but I figured this would be a fun debate.

http://hro.io/2fQf4MH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEagleSHSU
December 1st, 2016, 02:19 PM
I don't agree with some of these, but the top five are:

1) Briscoe-SHSU
2) Gubrud-EWU
3) Jenkins-JSU
4) Hodges-Samford
5) Gustafson-Montana

It's a stupid slideshow article, but I figured this would be a fun debate.

http://hro.io/2fQf4MH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you only get through 5 or just didn't feel like posting the other 5? lol

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 02:20 PM
Did you only get through 5 or just didn't feel like posting the other 5? lol
I feel that if I'm going to take someones article I should let people actually visit their site for the content they create instead of posting the entire article.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

TheEagleSHSU
December 1st, 2016, 02:23 PM
I feel that if I'm going to take someones article I should let people actually visit their site for the content they create instead of posting the entire article.

I guess, they just want the clicks. Screw'em!

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2016, 02:25 PM
Jenkins has thrown for 10 TD's and 6 INT's and he is on this list? Wut? xflaggedx

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2016, 02:26 PM

It's also one of the rules of the site. Not that I expect a Sammy fan to be able to read... xrulesx

Jacked_Rabbit
December 1st, 2016, 02:27 PM
I'm not going to click thru the slideshow... where was Taryn Christion on the list and why was he not Top 5? 7th overall in the Walter Payton and not a Top 5 QB? False.

TheEagleSHSU
December 1st, 2016, 02:28 PM
Jenkins has thrown for 10 TD's and 6 INT's and he is on this list? Wut? xflaggedx

I mean, he has had 12 rushing TD's, he should be around #5 or #6. I think TARYN CHRISTION, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE, should be around #3 as a Soph.

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2016, 02:28 PM
I'm not going to click thru the slideshow... where was Taryn Christion on the list and why was he not Top 5? 7th overall in the Walter Payton and not a Top 5 QB? False.

ysubigred
December 1st, 2016, 02:32 PM
#goddamnitnowentz I did not see Wentz on there. He was so good he should be on the list permanently xrolleyesx

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2016, 02:34 PM

6th.

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 02:36 PM
Yeah, couldn't believe they had him that low. Just stupidity IMHO.

Schwarz04
December 1st, 2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah, couldn't believe they had him that low. Just stupidity IMHO.

I take anything I see from HERO Sports with a grain of salt; site is a joke, probably run by some guy out of his Mom's basement...

They'll fade into full irrelevancy within a few years like the great Emory Hunt.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2016, 02:44 PM
Jenkins' MO is making something out of nothing. The way he handles broken plays is worthy of note and is an immeasurable statistic.

No he hasn't had spectacular passing stats but not many QB's would when they're having shoulder issues, their #1 target hasn't been 100% healthy all season and every other target on the field is a new face.

Take it it as you will. There are probably a few more qb's I wouldn't argue with being above him but I won't argue that Jenkins' doesn't have a solid case for his current spot.

TheRevSFA
December 1st, 2016, 02:58 PM
I take anything I see from HERO Sports with a grain of salt; site is a joke, probably run by some guy out of his Mom's basement...

They'll fade into full irrelevancy within a few years like the great Emory Hunt.

Brian Mac who writes for HERO is a complete tool. Doesn't know **** about FCS football.

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2016, 03:00 PM
Brian Mac who writes for HERO is a complete tool. Doesn't know **** about FCS football.

At least they are trying. They write a ton of good stuff about every conference, I enjoy their articles. When it comes to actual lists of best players they lack a little. :D

MTfan4life
December 1st, 2016, 03:02 PM
5) Gustafson-Montana

Was he even top 5 in the Big Sky this season? He might be a late round draft prospect, but he didn't perform well enough in 2016 to be even in the top 25 for QBs, IMO. Glad to see Humphries in there. He had a very similar career to a guy who graduated from Sac. State a couple of years ago named Garrett Safron. Both tremendous QBs who unfortunately played for crap football programs.

Schism55
December 1st, 2016, 04:25 PM
Gustafson lol :D
Zero chance he gets drafted. So sick of people mentioning him in the same breath as Carson.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2016, 05:27 PM
It's also one of the rules of the site. Not that I expect a Sammy fan to be able to read... xrulesx

The rule is that you can't post the entirety of the article and that is a legal matter. You could post the entire top 10 list if you wanted to.

CockyGeek
December 1st, 2016, 07:57 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/3a64ff684150d0d187dae8fd15e1aee4.gif

Jenkins. Lol

TheEagleSHSU
December 1st, 2016, 08:07 PM

Baha who the hell reads the rules...relax chief and put your little pecker away.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2016, 08:16 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/3a64ff684150d0d187dae8fd15e1aee4.gif

Jenkins. Lol
The cameraman who captured this needs an Oscar.

Not because of the guy with the popcorn, but because it was captured with Pike County Remedial School's loss proudly displayed on the score ticker.

milleniumkat
December 1st, 2016, 08:17 PM

I actually got a chuckle out of that! See? Some folks know good honest comedy. Nicely done.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
December 1st, 2016, 08:19 PM
Jenkins' MO is making something out of nothing. The way he handles broken plays is worthy of note and is an immeasurable statistic.

No he hasn't had spectacular passing stats but not many QB's would when they're having shoulder issues, their #1 target hasn't been 100% healthy all season and every other target on the field is a new face.

Take it it as you will. There are probably a few more qb's I wouldn't argue with being above him but I won't argue that Jenkins' doesn't have a solid case for his current spot.

What's wrong with your plays?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2016, 08:58 PM
Gustafson lol :D
Zero chance he gets drafted. So sick of people mentioning him in the same breath as Carson.

He's still in every projection. Usually late round or UFA.

Schwarz04
December 1st, 2016, 10:59 PM

Agreed...their top "x" lists are terrible. Exposure is great for FCS, but if its poor or low information exposure it really does very little if any good.

Schwarz04
December 1st, 2016, 11:00 PM

I believe you, but that's crazy. Like what did he do this year to be in that discussion?

centennial
December 1st, 2016, 11:32 PM

I think he has a chance as a UFA. Don't see him drafted. Doesn't help his team runs a system that is really far away from the NFL.

Rjones61
December 2nd, 2016, 12:05 AM
I don't understand what people love about Montana's second string quarterback.

centennial
December 2nd, 2016, 12:14 AM
I don't understand what people love about Montana's second string quarterback.

Brock Jensen all time winningest FCS QB was replaced in camp by a QB from UNC. There is a lot in the NFL that runs on measurables.

Rjones61
December 2nd, 2016, 12:58 AM
Brock Jensen all time winningest FCS QB was replaced in camp by a QB from UNC. There is a lot in the NFL that runs on measurables.

How is this comparable? Brick Jensen was replaced in camp by another teams #1 quarterback. He wasn't benched the second half of the season and then sent to the NFL.

Gustafson was literally the second string quarterback on his team. Yet he is the number five in the FCS? The logic just doesn't match up.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2016, 10:36 AM
I believe you, but that's crazy. Like what did he do this year to be in that discussion?

He was tall all season.xlolx

Schwarz04
December 2nd, 2016, 10:43 AM

I understand that he's tall; but having command over your position should carry some importance too...he did not command his position very well.

The Pud
Sammy's QB is the real deal! This kid will be playing on Sundays.

Schwarz04
He was tall all season.xlolx

Even riding the pine! xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2016, 10:58 AM
How is this comparable? Brick Jensen was replaced in camp by another teams #1 quarterback. He wasn't benched the second half of the season and then sent to the NFL.

Gustafson was literally the second string quarterback on his team. Yet he is the number five in the FCS? The logic just doesn't match up.

He literally wasn't. Why do you keep repeating falsehoods? xrolleyesx

Schwarz04
December 2nd, 2016, 01:22 PM

What is it called in Montana when you don't start the game?

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2016, 01:22 PM
What's the difference? Our revolving door of QBs the last two years lost to most of the Big Sky somehow

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2016, 02:47 PM
What is it called in Montana when you don't start the game?

Being in injured, in this case.

Riddle me this: why the **** would an alleged second stringer get the starting job back after the other guy accounted for 8 TDs in a game?

fmrbearkat
December 2nd, 2016, 03:00 PM
Being in injured, in this case.

Riddle me this: why the **** would an alleged second stringer get the starting job back after the other guy accounted for 8 TDs in a game?A team that needs a new coach....

Schwarz04
December 2nd, 2016, 03:25 PM
A team that needs a new coach....

HAHAHA WOW, now that made me laugh out loud! I was about to reply I have no ****ing idea why you would pull guy who just accounted for 8 TDs in a game...but that was way better xthumbsupx