PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3?

downbythebeach
November 21st, 2016, 11:55 AM
Question for all.
Is there a way that I can buy the up coming playoff games so they are actually broadcast on the television
through satellite or cable?
I have a chromecast and get ESPN3 or 360 or whatever it is called, but I want to watch the game at a bar
and do not want to have to rely on their internet speeds.
Didn't Montana have this issue a few years ago where they had the game on ESPN3 but you could buy it as well?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2016, 11:59 AM
Question for all.
Is there a way that I can buy the up coming playoff games so they are actually broadcast on the television
I have a chromecast and get ESPN3 or 360 or whatever it is called, but I want to watch the game at a bar
Didn't Montana have this issue a few years ago where they had the game on ESPN3 but you could buy it as well?

I'm not certain but I think they normally allow it on ESPN Gameplan as well but might not for the first round. Someone here will know though.

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 12:06 PM
I know there is a package that the bars can purchase to get ESPN3, but it isn't cheap. I know some bars in Fargo have done that in the past. Also ESPN Gameplan might have it as well. IIRC, that is on DirectTV maybe Dish. I know here I can't get it with cable.

The bar is going to have to check out their options.

downbythebeach
November 21st, 2016, 12:11 PM
Good to know. Thanks. I just moved from outside of Philly a couple of months ago or I would definitely be at the game. In fact I used to go to all Novas playoff games even when they weren't playing my team.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2016, 12:16 PM
I don't think ESPN Gameplan exists anymore but DirecTV does have ESPN College Extra channels 788-798 and I believe FCS playoff games are likely to be on those. You need to buy the DirecTV sports pack to get those channels. I don't think other providers will have them broadcast so streaming over ESPN3 is your only option.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2016, 12:23 PM
I have a question into the College football on TV gurus about this. On one of the sites they only put ESPN3 as the broadcast option, not a PPV/ESPN Gameplan option. That may change.

jmufan999
November 21st, 2016, 12:27 PM
I bought the package last year so that I could DVR the JMU-Colgate game, I want to say it was in the neighborhood of $13-15. I don't remember if that was for the entire month or it was for that game only, as I only taped that one but may have watched others.

footballer23
November 21st, 2016, 12:34 PM
ESPN Gameplan is no more. ESPN College Extra is the replacement... it's basically a combo of ESPN Gameplan and ESPN Full Court. They'll take select ESPN3 games and put them on TV. The problem is that it's only available on Directv and Verizon Fios. I don't know how Verizon packages it, but on Directv you'll have it as long as you have the Sports Pack for $13.99/ month. It seems to me that pretty much all of the FCS Playoff games are on there.

Herder
November 21st, 2016, 12:36 PM
If you have Directv, and purchase the sports package, all the games will be live on channels 788-795 (somewhere in those channels). This is the ESPN extra feed, and it's directly on TV vs. having to get an internet feed to send it to your tv monitor. This is nice because then you can jump from game to game with the DTV features and watch lots of games. All the commercials and half times are ESPN college football, nba, nfl, etc related, so the commercials are very repetitive and you need your mute button for that. The sports packages also gives you the 600-699 channels on DTV with lots of CFB, and college BB games on the Comcast, FOX, ROOT, Altitude, etc Regional Networks. Pro sports are generally blacked out with the sports package unless they are in your region.

I watched more football on DTV channels 788-795 than i did on channels 206,207,208,209 (espn, espnC, espnU, espn2) this year as the entire MVFC has their espn3 games on extra (most of them).

If you internet provider has ESPN3 access, then you get the same over the internet . . . but College FB Extra on DTV is nice.

centennial
November 21st, 2016, 12:46 PM
Question for all.
This is for everyone-
$20/month for Sling TV. First week is free. Cancel anytime.

Gives you access to ESPN 3 app and the Sling app. Both have all the games. A Chromecast($35 I think) or 2016 Roku stick ($50) are excellent for watching the games.

Also if you have a smart TV, you can also check if the ESPN 3 app is available.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2016, 01:25 PM
they need a Netflex type deal for college football, order the games you want and watch! too many cooks in the Kitchen but much better than the old Days of a few choices and directional antennae ...

centennial
November 21st, 2016, 03:06 PM
they need a Netflex type deal for college football, order the games you want and watch! too many cooks in the Kitchen but much better than the old Days of a few choices and directional antennae ...

It has become better. Sling + PlayStation Vue both have ESPN 3 access. Direct TV is also coming up with one these services. All will be cancelable anytime.

$20-40 a month will give you ESPN 3. Not ala cart but still progress. I just got rid of my expensive dish network bill, and I am not missing it too much.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2016, 04:02 PM
So AGS has three Saint Francis U fans?

Awesome!

RedFlash
November 21st, 2016, 04:12 PM
Quality over quantity!

Professor
November 21st, 2016, 04:16 PM
I plug my HDMI cable from the tv into my laptop. And i called my internet provider and turned up the wifi to the best setting

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2016, 04:16 PM
Quality over quantity!

I was not being sarcastic. I am actually thrilled that we have a solid presence. Is there a Saint Francis board, by chance?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2016, 04:38 PM
I was not being sarcastic. I am actually thrilled that we have a solid presence. Is there a Saint Francis board, by chance?

I tried to start one, you're welcome to try to develop it:

http://forums.college-sports-journal.com/viewforum.php?f=36&sid=0fff17724b06dea5b9599878c3950a17

Also a NEC athletics board:

http://forums.college-sports-journal.com/viewforum.php?f=6

Twentysix
November 21st, 2016, 04:39 PM
Question for all.

They will probably be on gameplan or collegeextra.

Ursus please fix this issue with the inability to space text after replying to a quote. Plllllleassseeee

grizband
November 21st, 2016, 04:40 PM

Ursus please fix this issue with the inability to space text after replying to a quote. Plllllleassseeee
Thought I was the only person with that problem lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 04:41 PM

I believe it's a chrome issue. If you update your chrome browser it's suppose to fix it.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2016, 04:43 PM
I believe it's a chrome issue. If you update your chrome browser it's suppose to fix it.

Ihavethenewestchrome.

ValleyTalk
November 21st, 2016, 05:01 PM
Buy a Chromecast... it always does he job.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2016, 05:04 PM
I also have the text issue after quoting. :D

BisonTru
Ihavethenewestchrome.

I just checked and so do I and I'm still having issues. No issues if you use Firefox tho. I've just been using that.

RedFlash
DittoMetoo

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2016, 05:07 PM
I also have the text issue after quoting. :D

Ihavethenewestchromeanditstilldoesn'twork

BisonTru
Buy a Chromecast... it always does he job.

Also AppleTV and Iphones or Ipads work well.

PantherRob82
If you put a period or any text and then type in front of it, it works just fine.

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 05:10 PM
If you put a period or any text and then type in front of it, it works just fine.

Alsoifyouhitenteracoupletimesandthenbackspacebackt hatworksaswell some of the time.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 05:19 PM
Thought I was the only person with that problem lol

I'm having the same problem, albeit only with some posts.

The way I'm getting around it is typing my response on the same line as the "[/QUOTE]" line and then pressing enter to put my message on a different line.

grizband
November 21st, 2016, 05:20 PM
Alsoifyouhitenteracoupletimesandthenbackspacebackt hatworksaswell some of the time.
Up up down down left right left right b a start

#TheCode

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 05:48 PM
According to the LSUFootball.net Twitter feed (i.e. the site that provides a comprehensive college football TV schedule every week), all of the first round FCS/DI-AA playoff games will be available on ESPN College Extra:

http://www.espn.com/espncollegeextra/#schedule

citdog
November 21st, 2016, 06:17 PM
Up up down down left right left right b a start

#TheCode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYeGqpLDDJ8

tojo70
November 21st, 2016, 11:50 PM
For those that mentioned the espn sports pack. I have that. Love it. Not sure cost on dish network but on directv like others have mentioned it's $13.99 and that covers the month. You can cancel it after the season. Also if you call into the customer service line to directv they'll give it to you for $7.99

Redbird007
November 22nd, 2016, 08:25 AM
I plug my HDMI cable from the tv into my laptop. And i called my internet provider and turned up the wifi to the best setting

I plug the HDMI cable into tv from laptop as well and it works very well for me too. I am streaming via ESPN 3 using Directv

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2016, 08:44 AM
I wish there was a way that you could go to the location of the game and for a nominal fee, watch the game in person

Serpentor
November 22nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
I wish there was a way that you could go to the location of the game and for a nominal fee, watch the game in person

It's shame there isn't, considering how small a country the United States is and how close together all these football programs are.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2016, 08:49 AM
It's shame there isn't, considering how small a country the United States is and how close together all these football programs are.

all i hear is road trip

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2016, 09:35 AM
All I hear is "beam me over, Scottie".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2016, 09:37 AM
all i hear is road trip

Chattanooga the closest for you this weekend? I think that's my closest, either that or Central Arkansas...both about 8 hours away.

#blackfridayroadtrip

downbythebeach
November 22nd, 2016, 10:17 AM
So AGS has three Saint Francis U fans?

Awesome!

AGS member since 2005

started from the bottom

footballer23
November 22nd, 2016, 10:29 AM
For those that mentioned the espn sports pack. I have that. Love it. Not sure cost on dish network but on directv like others have mentioned it's $13.99 and that covers the month. You can cancel it after the season. Also if you call into the customer service line to directv they'll give it to you for $7.99

I know for sure it’s not available on Dish. According to the providers listed on the ESPN College Extra page, it’s only on Directv and Verizon Fios.

footballer23
November 22nd, 2016, 10:31 AM
The schedule on Directv is out for most of the games. For some reason they don't have Villanova / St. Francis on there yet, but here's the rest:

1:00
Weber State - Chattanooga: ch. 790
North Carolina A&T - Richmond: ch. 791
Lehigh - UNH: ch. 792
Charleston Southern - Wofford: ch. 794

2:00
Illinois State - Central Arkansas: ch. 788

4:00
Samford - Youngstown State: ch. 789

6:00
San Diego - Cal Poly: ch. 788

Happy football!

PurpleStreamers
November 22nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
The schedule on Directv is out for most of the games. For some reason they don't have Villanova / St. Francis on there yet, but here's the rest:

Weber State - Chattanooga: ch. 790
North Carolina A&T - Richmond: ch. 791
Lehigh - UNH: ch. 792
Charleston Southern - Wofford: ch. 794

Illinois State - Central Arkansas: ch. 788

4:00
Samford - Youngstown State: ch. 789

6:00
San Diego - Cal Poly: ch. 788

Happy football!

Thanks for this and happy football to you too!

REALBird
November 22nd, 2016, 10:41 AM
Chattanooga the closest for you this weekend? I think that's my closest, either that or Central Arkansas...both about 8 hours away.

#blackfridayroadtrip

I love road trips. I hate road trips after my team loses. Too much wide open road to think about what woulda, coulda, shoulda been.
Still trying to determine if the trip from Normal to Conway is going to happen this weekend. Will be a Friday morning decision. LOL.

Sycamore62
November 22nd, 2016, 03:53 PM
#netjets

CockyGeek
November 22nd, 2016, 04:25 PM
DirecTV might give it to you for free if you call and threaten cancel. I know they'll at least drop your bill to something reasonable if you complain.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

neverobeyed
November 22nd, 2016, 04:38 PM
This is for everyone-
$20/month for Sling TV. First week is free. Cancel anytime.

Gives you access to ESPN 3 app and the Sling app. Both have all the games. A Chromecast($35 I think) or 2016 Roku stick ($50) are excellent for watching the games.

Also if you have a smart TV, you can also check if the ESPN 3 app is available.

We have a Roku USB stick picked up earlier this year and have been able to see ESPN3 broadcasts all year, live and delayed.

When we had SlingTV (they gave us the Roku USB for free with the three months pre-paid, I think), it had ESPN and ESPN2 as well.

ESPN app for my iPad and iPhone requires a cable account to log in, but works for ESPN3 though not part of my cable subscription (and won't let me access ESPN2 stuff, because it is not part of my cable subscription).

footballer23
November 22nd, 2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks for this and happy football to you too!

No problem. St. Francis – Villanova on ch. 793.

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2016, 10:34 PM
Question for all.

Buy the sports package on Direct TV. Its cheap. They then have ESPN Extra which is in the 790s and they will be showing the games.

kdinva
November 26th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Here in Metro-RIchmond, the Fox affiliate is showing Idaho vs. S. Alabama, instead of ANY FCS game..... xdrunkyx

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Here in Metro-RIchmond, the Fox affiliate is showing Idaho vs. S. Alabama, instead of ANY FCS game..... xdrunkyx

That's probably an ASN broadcast and they picked it up because it's something. It's on a sub-channel no one knows about.

ESPN owns the rights to the entire Fcs playoffs, so other channels couldn't pick them up if they wanted to. Before the ESPN deal, regional networks would pick up first round games of regional teams.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 01:06 PM
So ESPN 3 on my Xbox isn't showing any of the games right now. I'm having to watch on my phone. Anyone else have this problem?

nodak651
November 26th, 2016, 01:13 PM
ESPN3 just stopped working for me

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 01:14 PM
ESPN 3 is working okay on my Roku.

Thundar
November 26th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Espn college Xtra on DirecTV is flawless, love it

ST_Lawson
November 26th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Working just fine for me on the computer: https://i.imgur.com/1WG88Kr.png

Probably going to swap out the Chattanooga/Weber State game for ISUr/UCA here in a few minutes. Chatty is starting to run away with this one a bit.

And I've got Michigan and Ohio State on the TV right now, but I'll put one of the playoff games on the TV once that's over.

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2016, 03:14 PM
So ESPN 3 on my Xbox isn't showing any of the games right now. I'm having to watch on my phone. Anyone else have this problem?

Same here. Any idea what's up?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Same here. Any idea what's up?
No idea. I'm just going to watching the YSU game on my phone when it comes on since pretty much every other game is a blowout. Currently watching and hoping Penn State loses.

The Yo Show
November 26th, 2016, 03:46 PM
JSU, I'm having the same problem.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:47 PM
JSU, I'm having the same problem.
Well, I'll just watch it on my phone. If you see the link come up on XB1 let me know. But all I see are stupid replays. Nothing from the FCS at all.

The Yo Show
November 26th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Yeah... I have to go to work within the hour. I'm just going to watch it on my phone.

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Here's the weird thing. The WatchESPN App on my IPad Pro has everything. So strange

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I've had the WatchESPN app on my FireTV fine today. I also had the 4 game multi window on my laptop going. Maybe it's an Xbox only issue?

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Love my pro, but I'm hosting a watch party next weekend. Hoping they get it fixed

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I've had the WatchESPN app on my FireTV fine today. I also had the 4 game multi window on my laptop going. Maybe it's an Xbox only issue?
That's my guess. Currently have a laptop plugged to the TV.

footballer23
December 1st, 2016, 04:33 PM
This week's ESPN College Extra channel lineup is finally out (all times CST):

Youngstown @ Jacksonville State: Channel 788
New Hampshire @ James Madison: Channel 789

Villanova @ South Dakota State: Channel 791
Chattanooga @ Sam Houston: Channel 792

2:30
San Diego @ North Dakota State: Channel 793

3:00
Central Arkansas @ Eastern Washington: Channel 794

5:00
Wofford @ The Citadel: Channel 788
Richmond @ North Dakota: Channel 789

Happy football!

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2016, 04:35 PM
ESPN Gameplan is no more. ESPN College Extra is the replacement... it's basically a combo of ESPN Gameplan and ESPN Full Court. They'll take select ESPN3 games and put them on TV. The problem is that it's only available on Directv and Verizon Fios. I don't know how Verizon packages it, but on Directv you'll have it as long as you have the Sports Pack for $13.99/ month. It seems to me that pretty much all of the FCS Playoff games are on there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!!!!

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 3rd, 2016, 08:17 AM
When will the reply of the NDSU game on, ESPN3, be available tonight? I have to work today.

JSUSoutherner
December 3rd, 2016, 08:39 AM
When will the reply of the NDSU game on, ESPN3, be available tonight? I have to work today.
Usually the replays are up immediately following the games

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 3rd, 2016, 10:29 AM
Usually the replays are up immediately following the games. Thanks

ElCid
December 3rd, 2016, 10:32 AM
Not sure if it has been mentioned. But I was trying to look at the SD/Cal Poly game and it is not available. Hasn't been available for replay. Did the Cal Poly folks bribe ESPN to not have it available?

Sonic98
December 3rd, 2016, 11:15 AM
What about streaming? That's what I've been doing most of the FCS season