November 13th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Last weeks results:

HBU 31 SFA 24
UCA 31 Nicholls 24
SLU 31 ACU 19
UIW 35 Lamar 28
SHSU 48 NWST 16

Surprise: SFA lost?
Offensive....NOT. : UCA WRs dropped 4 TD passes..wide open.
Rolling: Bearkats take out their starters...again.
Officiating: um...had worse games than the teams.

This week's games:

SLU at Nicholls
HBU at UIW
UCA at SHSU
Lamar at McNeese
NWST at SFA

My predictions:
Nicholls wins. They are a good team that cant get it together. Scary good next year.
HBU wins again!
McNeese wraps up the season with a 14 point win.
NWST gives up 21 to a struggling SFA.

Game of the week: UCA at SHSU. It's too early to decide about this one. I need a few days. xlolxxlolx

katstrapper
November 13th, 2016, 12:48 PM
SLU at Nicholls ... Colonels at home.

HBU at UIW........ YAWN.. Who cares

UCA at SHSU ...... Kat O will be in high gear. I am convinced this offense can and will score on anybody. This could be another high scoring affair like the McNeese game. SLC title to Huntsville.

Lamar at McNeese .. McNeese

NWST at SFA .... Refer to the HBU/UIW matchup

Katfan
November 13th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Nichols by 3
UIW by 3
SHSU by 7 (even though Massey predicts us to lose by 2)
McNeese by 7
SFA by 3

SFA 93
November 13th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Starting senior linebackers George Stone III (leads team in tackles) and Price Miller (second leading tackler) are both banged up and questionable.

If they do play it will be hurt, and good chance they get taken out. Expect a lot of freshmen play at linebacker against the Demons.

Daytripper
November 13th, 2016, 05:15 PM
SLU at Nicholls - This is going to be a good game. If SELA wins, they are on bubble...but they won't. Nicholls by 9.
HBU at UIW - HBU finishes the season strong. They are building something there. HBU by 13.
UCA at SHSU - This game could go either way. I'll be a homer....Kats by 7 in a close one.
Lamar at McNeese - McNeese by a lot. They will take out their frustrating season on Lamar. Cowboys by 17.
NWST at SFA - SFA better win this finale at home. If not, Conque may have to go into hiding. Look for shelter. NWST by 4.

Bearkat 41
November 13th, 2016, 05:16 PM
I haven't seen enough from the UCA offense to believe they will score enough to beat the Kats. I personally think shsu can score 35+ on anybody and think our defense can do enough to get the win

BEAR
November 13th, 2016, 08:29 PM
I haven't seen enough from the UCA offense to believe they will score enough to beat the Kats. I personally think shsu can score 35+ on anybody and think our defense can do enough to get the win

Thats the way I see it too. We leave too many points on the field. We are good enough to hang 40 on most teams...but dang that train gets wrecked early nearly every game. xlolx

TheRevSFA
November 13th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Well this will be my last write up.

Maybe I'll don a pants suit and sing "hallelujah"

TheRevSFA
November 14th, 2016, 09:29 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/slc/slc-week-12-preview/

McNeese72
November 14th, 2016, 09:44 AM

Nice job, as always!!!

Doc

Sammy94
November 14th, 2016, 09:46 AM
SLU at Nicholls + 10
HBU at UIW +5
UCA at SHSU +13
Lamar at McNeese +14
NWST at SFA +6

BEAR
November 14th, 2016, 10:31 AM

I agree with those picks. Well written and thank you for all your efforts this year!

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2016, 10:34 AM
UCA by 14

TheEagleSHSU
November 14th, 2016, 10:35 AM

Good Job Rev, thanks for doing this.

TheEagleSHSU
November 14th, 2016, 10:35 AM
UCA by 14

^^^this guy!!! Lol

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the work you put in this year. I only disagree on the NWST/SFA matchup. I think the motivation to avoid an 0-fer in conference will push the Demons to victory.

The Pud
November 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
UCA by 14

lol

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 11:51 AM
UCA by 14

I'm not laughing. It's possible.

Katfan
November 14th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Really look forward to reading every week and hope you keep doing it next year! Also, hope you prediction in our game is another Rev-alation!

The Pud
November 14th, 2016, 12:29 PM

thank you for the very insightful write up sir. i think the SLC is a heck of a lot stronger than most people give them credit for. Personally, I think the OVC, Pioneer, Patriot and Southern conferences are weaker than SLC.

F'N Hawks
November 14th, 2016, 12:53 PM
UCA favored by 1.5 at 5dimes. Wowsers.

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 01:00 PM

Means they would be a 4.5 favorite on a neutral field. Hmmmm....

Could be a sucker number to pull SHSU money.....

F'N Hawks
November 14th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Means they would be a 4.5 favorite on a neutral field. Hmmmm....

Could be a sucker number to pull SHSU money.....

It's straight math models for FCS.

TheRevSFA
November 14th, 2016, 01:17 PM
thank you for the very insightful write up sir. i think the SLC is a heck of a lot stronger than most people give them credit for. Personally, I think the OVC, Pioneer, Patriot and Southern conferences are weaker than SLC.

You saying the SoCon is weaker than the SLC is laughable.

Sammy94
November 14th, 2016, 01:33 PM

Must be a believer in Massey

Bearkat 41
November 14th, 2016, 03:11 PM

i like it.

BEAR
November 15th, 2016, 12:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxKjJ16UsAAgdCs.jpg

The Pud
November 15th, 2016, 02:14 PM
You saying the SoCon is weaker than the SLC is laughable.

apparently you have looked at who is in their league and looked at their SOS.

Daytripper
November 15th, 2016, 02:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxKjJ16UsAAgdCs.jpg

Yessss. My Precious......

BEAR
November 15th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Yessss. My Precious......

I heard she was coming to the game. Even bought an orange head band to support the cats...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IoM35e6r7TM/Uxn0yOnbZTI/AAAAAAAARtk/3PaFXPKqNhk/s1600/precious.jpg

Daytripper
November 15th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I heard she was coming to the game. Even bought an orange head band to support the cats...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IoM35e6r7TM/Uxn0yOnbZTI/AAAAAAAARtk/3PaFXPKqNhk/s1600/precious.jpg

Why are you stalking her, UCABEAR???

TheRevSFA
November 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
apparently you have looked at who is in their league and looked at their SOS.

I also know a lot more about FCS than you do. Sorry.

Sammy94
November 15th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Why are you stalking her, UCABEAR???

Cause she actually plays for the bears.

http://www.panews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Lamar-Randle-622x624.jpg

BEAR
November 15th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Underwear...'nuff said

http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/underwear-uniforms.jpg

Daytripper
November 15th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Underwear...'nuff said

http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/underwear-uniforms.jpg

We've worn our underwear to places that you will never see in a suit of armor.....

milleniumkat
November 15th, 2016, 07:28 PM
We've worn our underwear to places that you will never see in a suit of armor.....

Mic Drop!!!!

"You Can't run with #81!"

BEAR
November 16th, 2016, 12:11 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Don't forget to get your picks in! We have two games on Thursday...tomorrow!

SLU @ Nicholls
HBU @ UIW

Serpentor
November 16th, 2016, 01:03 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

An accurate prediction of Central Arkansas fans come halftime. Followed by the sounds of engines starting!

BEAR
November 16th, 2016, 02:32 PM
An accurate prediction of Central Arkansas fans come halftime. Followed by the sounds of engines starting!

Yawn.

You obviously don't know Central Arkansas fans. They're in the woods this weekend. Dem Deer done taste guuuud. xnodx

Katfan
November 16th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Yawn.

You obviously don't know Central Arkansas fans. They're in the woods this weekend. Dem Deer done taste guuuud. xnodx
Hopefully some will make the trip.

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2016, 07:46 AM
NICHOLLS STATE
INCARNATE WORD
SAM HOUSTON STATE xcoolx
LAMAR
S.F. AUSTIN

Serpentor
November 17th, 2016, 08:32 AM
NICHOLLS STATE
INCARNATE WORD
SAM HOUSTON STATE xcoolx
LAMAR
S.F. AUSTIN

I like the way this chicken thinks! Just one exception: HBU might stomp Incarnate Word, it's been that kind of season in the Southland...

BEAR
November 17th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Gameday! xthumbsupxxbowx

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 08:45 AM
I like the way this chicken thinks! Just one exception: HBU might stomp Incarnate Word, it's been that kind of season in the Southland...

HBU will beat UIW. UIW is awful. Sam letting them hang in during their game is unacceptable

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 08:54 AM
HBU will beat UIW. UIW is awful. Sam letting them hang in during their game is unacceptable

Unlike SFA the last few years, SHSU is getting the "Best Shot" by every team. YOu know this to be true and you know that I like you very much! lol!

G County for life!

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Unlike SFA the last few years, SHSU is getting the "Best Shot" by every team. YOu know this to be true and you know that I like you very much! lol!

G County for life!

Haha..you know better than anyone that Sam played down to UIW, not the other way around.

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Haha..you know better than anyone that Sam played down to UIW, not the other way around.

Bahaha ok you got me. We always do, we play down in games that are deemed as easy wins and up in the tough/when it counts games, i.e. BOTPW, playoffs, CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS, etc...

See what I did there. Lol

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Bahaha ok you got me. We always do, we play down in games that are deemed as easy wins and up in the tough/when it counts games, i.e. BOTPW, playoffs, CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS, etc...

See what I did there. Lol

Oooh you wascally wabbit...

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Oooh you wascally wabbit...

The last 6 years we've had GREAT results with you in attendance, Why don't you skip the Chief Caddo Trophy game and make your way to Huntsville!

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 10:06 AM
The last 6 years we've had GREAT results with you in attendance, Why don't you skip the Chief Caddo Trophy game and make your way to Huntsville!

I actually am not going to either. I was supposed to go to a wedding, but unfortunately am not able to.

So I am going to sit in a hot tub overlooking the Gulf and drink.

Sucks to be me.\

Also, I missed that 2015 game..can't count that one xlolx

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I actually am not going to either. I was supposed to go to a wedding, but unfortunately am not able to.

So I am going to sit in a hot tub overlooking the Gulf and drink.

Sucks to be me.\

Also, I missed that 2015 game..can't count that one xlolx

Yeah you did, but you were in attendance from ASIA!

Also, You make the trip I'll get your tickets covered. You tell me what you need!

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Yeah you did, but you were in attendance from ASIA!

Also, You make the trip I'll get your tickets covered. You tell me what you need!

Make the trip to Huntsville to watch two teams I don't really like..

Sit in a hot tub overlooking the ocean, drinking cold beer, and possibly watching two teams I don't like on TV....

Tough choices here..Tough choices...

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Make the trip to Huntsville to watch two teams I don't really like..

Sit in a hot tub overlooking the ocean, drinking cold beer, and possibly watching two teams I don't like on TV....

Tough choices here..Tough choices...

Ok, ok...I go get a horse trough (See Below), I ll bring the Beer, and I will bring a sound machine with wave noises for you. Then you can eat some Solid Oak Smoke BBQ (Everybody look it up, they cater) and we can watch SHSU win the conference. (your 2nd favorite team)

Horse Trough - http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/storage/bins-totes-containers/stocktanks/round-end-74-gallon-steel-stock-tank?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=Cj0KEQiAx7XBBRCdyNOw6PLHrYABEiQAJtyEQ3agRJe9 jsPG-gP_WQlc-4CDnGTnUyEPCNMW9C8f4PwaAgv28P8HAQ

Solid Oak Smoke BBQ - https://www.facebook.com/SOLIDOAKSMOKE/?fref=nf

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Ok, ok...I go get a horse trough (See Below), I ll bring the Beer, and I will bring a sound machine with wave noises for you. Then you can eat some Solid Oak Smoke BBQ (Everybody look it up, they cater) and we can watch SHSU win the conference. (your 2nd favorite team)

Horse Trough - http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/storage/bins-totes-containers/stocktanks/round-end-74-gallon-steel-stock-tank?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=Cj0KEQiAx7XBBRCdyNOw6PLHrYABEiQAJtyEQ3agRJe9 jsPG-gP_WQlc-4CDnGTnUyEPCNMW9C8f4PwaAgv28P8HAQ

Solid Oak Smoke BBQ - https://www.facebook.com/SOLIDOAKSMOKE/?fref=nf

The fact that you'd go through all that trouble for The Rev.. I mean....it's getting kind of dusty in here.

Solid Oak though..I hope EDOGG succeeds.

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM
The fact that you'd go through all that trouble for The Rev.. I mean....it's getting kind of dusty in here.

Yeah, he should. He has got some good stuff.

milleniumkat
November 17th, 2016, 12:01 PM

Rev if you are thinking "Surely TLE won't show up and dive into the hot tub with me"....well sir you'd be wrong

"There is no MK, only Zuul!"

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Rev if you are thinking "Surely TLE won't show up and dive into the hot tub with me"....well sir you'd be wrong

Bro, Just giving away my plans!

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2016, 12:13 PM

I like to hot tub naked...Your move TLE

TheEagleSHSU
November 17th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I like to hot tub naked...Your move TLE

OH MY GAWD! Rev seeing you naked would be....the scariest **** ever!!! However, I will get some Democratic Christian Whores to get in that tub with you and rub you down with baby oil!

LIONFAN07
November 20th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Thank you Southland League office for weakening our league. Making us play a 9 game conference schedule is awful. Our league is one step above the SWAC in national perception. They value these big markets like San Antinio and Houston. Guess what no one cares about SLC there media wise. They don't even give SAM as much love as they deserve in Houston market.

These decisions hurt SAM most of all. No way should they be a 5 seed. Much better than that. I hope they go prove it.

People really need to ask some questions about direction of SLC. Good luck to Sam and UCA. Hope they meet in Frisco.

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Thank you Southland League office for weakening our league. Making us play a 9 game conference schedule is awful. Our league is one step above the SWAC in national perception. They value these big markets like San Antinio and Houston. Guess what no one cares about SLC there media wise. They don't even give SAM as much love as they deserve in Houston market.

These decisions hurt SAM most of all. No way should they be a 5 seed. Much better than that. I hope they go prove it.

People really need to ask some questions about direction of SLC. Good luck to Sam and UCA. Hope they meet in Frisco.

I think it's time Sam, SFA SLU UCA McNeese NW state Lamar and Nicholls start having talks about bailing

Serpentor
November 20th, 2016, 11:16 AM

Honestly, I was hoping Southeastern would slip into the playoffs. But yeah, we need to push for 8-game conference schedules in the future.

Nickels
November 20th, 2016, 11:25 AM

The SLC is a **** conference ran by clowns. They care more about a bigger footprint than creating a top notch conference. What a joke.

SELA would have had a chance to get in the dance this year too if they didnt have to play these **** schools.

LIONFAN07
November 20th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Honestly, I was hoping Southeastern would slip into the playoffs. But yeah, we need to push for 8-game conference schedules in the future.

Yea I hoping so. We were a young team who had injuries early. Once we got healthy and figured some things out we played good. The Lamar loss was bad but they were a different team at that point. They were healthy. The problem came when we got healthy we had no one to prove ourselves against except UCA and that game our starting QB was out hurt. Looking back at what the committee thought of SLC even if we beat Lamar we our still left out at 8-3. When we lost to Southern Utah 28-23 out there be basically had to run table.

Sam was hurt the most by what has happened. It is a shame. UCA was very good too. But if they wouldn't have beaten Ark State and finished 8-3 they might have stayed home. We will never know that but it wouldnt have surprise me on how the committee looked at our league.

Only hope is for HBu UIW and Abeline to get good fast and start winning non conference FCS games. But it is hard to do that when everyone has to schedule at FBS and has only one chance to play a non confernece FCS game win 9 conference schedule.

lionsrking2
November 20th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Regardless of the SLC's national perception, both Sam and UCA are as good or better than they have ever been. We are not as good as '13 or '14, but better than any other year since bringing football back. Nicholls was as good as they've been since the mid 80's, or at least since 2005 when they won the SLC autobid. They lost at Georgia by 2, and were a failed OT 2-point conversion from beating South Alabama, and a mysterious offensive PI call away from possibly beating UCA. McNeese was down, but still solid, and had some close losses, including a TD loss to an FBS. SFA underachieved, but they improved on last year, and are about what they've been since we've in the league, save for '09, '10 and '14. Lamar was solid before being decimated by injuries. HBU was much improved and defeated five of the seven FCS programs in the state of Texas. ACU finished 10th in our league, but played the 6th place Big sky team (Norhtern Colorado) to a 55-52 game, and were very competitive at Air Force. As bad a year as NW State had, they still had talent, just couldn't find a way to win games, which is a testament to the rest of our league IMO. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done to raise the profile as long as we play nine league games, save for winning our FBS games.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 01:02 PM
8 game conference schedule. That is all.

LIONFAN07
November 20th, 2016, 01:33 PM
8 game conference schedule. That is all.

Would help dramatically.

Katfan
November 20th, 2016, 01:45 PM

Amen on the 9 game conference schedule. Enough already let's go back to 8 so we can play more ooc games

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 12:56 AM

thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pokefan02
November 21st, 2016, 02:42 PM
It seems that the league is pushing the 12 game schedule to be able to keep the 9 game league schedule

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2016, 03:00 PM
Yep. This weekend, the conference should have a 3 team playoff to see who gets the 9th & final spot & everyone else dropped. HBU v UIW & ACU gets the bye because they have sent multiple players to the NFL.

Winner gets to stay & join Sam, UCA, SELA, McNeese, SFA, NWSt, Lamar & Nicholls. BOOM!

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 03:07 PM
HBU beat SFA & Lamar, just sayin....

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2016, 03:12 PM
I'm taking into account more than just the last year or so of football.......more as a WHOLE. SFA & Lamar belong.

The others?? Not so sure.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 03:13 PM
I'm taking into account more than just the last year or so of football.......more as a WHOLE. SFA & Lamar belong.

The others?? Not so sure.

Besides, if you were to split SFA and Sam, then BOTPW would be an OOC, and probably not a regular game, and Sam would lose the one game its alumni actually attend.

TheEagleSHSU
November 21st, 2016, 03:39 PM
Besides, if you were to split SFA and Sam, then BOTPW would be an OOC, and probably not a regular game, and Sam would lose the one game its alumni actually attend.

You have such a hard on to see us at this game!!! I like how you totally ignored my post up earlier in this thread.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 03:47 PM
You have such a hard on to see us at this game!!! I like how you totally ignored my post up earlier in this thread.

Actually, I answered your post earlier.

Except you posted it in "Selection Sunday".

If you're going to try to troll, at least get your posts in the right section.

McNeese72
November 21st, 2016, 05:09 PM
I had a little twinge of sympathy for the Lamar fans right before the coin toss but I got over it quickly. ;)

http://www.docsshots.com/img/s3/v8/p770724574-2.jpg (http://www.docsshots.com/p997688751/e2df052de)

Doc

The Pud
November 22nd, 2016, 11:14 AM

From my research this morning, I see that Sammy has a fairly large lead in wins over SFA in this BOTPW series. Not sure your statement is valid.