PDA

View Full Version : North vs South Football Classic

NDSUFREAK
January 13th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Who were the players who played in it? Any from your team? I know from NDSU Craig Dahl played in the game and a Sam Houston player played in it. Any others??

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Read this thread...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18758

SHSU's DD Terry scored a touchdown from what I hear...fell asleep during the first quarter...

NDSUFREAK
January 13th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Read this thread...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18758

SHSU's DD Terry scored a touchdown from what I hear...fell asleep during the first quarter...

Ok, didnt know that there was one active on the game.

BEAR
January 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
UCA had Jacob Ford in the game. He had one interception and played phenomenal! l He was picked to go in the 4th through 7th rounds of the draft and is in the combine next month. I was hoping that WR Aaron Fairooz would showcase his talent in this game but I guess healing and not getting hurt before he gets to the combine is more important. Wish I had access to the combine, would love to see how my UCA Bears do in the BIG EVALUATION! :hurray:

th0m
January 13th, 2007, 04:12 PM
JMU's Alvin Banks played in that game as well!

Are there any stats/write-up's of that game yet?

BEAR
January 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I saw Banks...as a matter of fact... all I kept seeing was that JMU logo on everything....:)

th0m
January 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Hahah that's great. Did they wear their own jersey's or helmet or where did you keep seeing the JMU logo? I didn't see the game (no way to watch here in Holland).

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Hahah that's great. Did they wear their own jersey's or helmet or where did you keep seeing the JMU logo? I didn't see the game (no way to watch here in Holland).

They all had helmets from their own schools with stickers from other schools on their team...it wasn't good for pubbing up your own school, that's for sure...

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2007, 05:25 PM
North defeats South in IntaJuice All-Star Classic

Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Akron's Luke Getsy threw for 90 yards and a touchdown, and also ran for a score, as the North All-Stars defeated the South All-Stars, 28-17, in the inaugural IntaJuice All-Star Classic.

San Jose State's James Jones hauled in a touchdown pass, and Tennessee's Corey Anderson scored on the ground for the North, which won despite being outgained by the South in total yards, 332-253.

The North helped its cause by intercepting three passes.

Jeff Smith of Georgetown College threw for 82 yards and a touchdown, which was caught by Baylor's Dominique Ziegler.

The South jumped out to a 10-0 lead on a 39-yard field goal by Darren McCalbe of Southern Mississippi in the first, and a fumble returned for a touchdown by the defense in the second quarter.

Anderson got the North on the board with his one-yard TD run with 6:38 left until halftime, but Ziegler's three-yard touchdown reception before the break.

Now down 17-7, Jones made it a three-point game on a 16-yard TD reception from Getsy, and the North scored twice more on the ground in the fourth to win the game.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/cfootballnews.asp?articleID=188226

BEAR
January 13th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I just was confused as to what team Ford was playing on. I mean Arkansas is in the South, but Ford was on the North squad. All the stickers really muddled the helmets up and searching through the heads I finally found Jacob on the north side. Weird. Oh well. JMU had a sticker on nearly every helmet it seemed. At least the cameras focused a ton on the ones that were wearing them. At least the ESPN flunkies got some of the schools right. Central arkansas state university...what the (*&^%$#@!~

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Sam Houston RB carries North team to All-Star win
by JOSEPH DUARTE

Sam Houston State's D.D. Terry scored the go-ahead touchdown early in the fourth quarter as the North rallied from a 10-point deficit to beat the South, 28-17, Saturday in the inaugural IntaJuice North-South All-Star Classic.

Terry, the Southland Conference's leading rusher this season with 1,328 yards, scored on a 3-yard run to put the North ahead 21-17 with 10:33 remaining in the game.

The North, which trailed 17-7 at halftime, converted two South turnovers into 14 points in the second half. Jacob Ford of Central Arkansas had an interception in the third quarter to set up a 16-yard touchdown pass from Akron's Luke Getsy to James Jones of San Jose State.

Getsy also scored on a 2-yard run with 28 seconds remaining.

The North squad limited the South to 94 yards and forced four turnovers in the second half.

With the South leading 17-14, Rice tailback Quinton Smith fumbled at his own 7-yard line to set up Terry's eventually game-winning touchdown.

"Everybody talked all week like we had no chance," San Jose State coach Dick Tomey said of the South squad, which was primarily comprised of Big 12 and Southeastern Conference players. "That's music to our ears."

The South took a 10-0 lead on a 39-yard field goal by Southern Mississippi's Darren McCaleb and a 36-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Alabama's Chris Harris.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4468906.html

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Who televised this game? I was tied up with Appalachian State basketball and the national football championship celebration this afternoon. If it was CSTV, maybe we will get a replay.

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Who televised this game? I was tied up with Appalachian State basketball and the national football championship celebration this afternoon. If it was CSTV, maybe we will get a replay.

ESPN2...

mcveyrl
January 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Yea, I just watched the espn.com highlight. They called him D.D. Henry. Classic ESPN.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 10:22 PM
The game is being replayed on ESPNU tonight. D.D. Terry is getting his chances.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Ab Kuuan, the running back from Grambling was showing well in the game. They said he had lost 15 pounds from 230 to 215 to get ready for the NFL. He said he was a lot quicker after losing the weight. He had several good runs.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
During the broadcast, they interviewed a couple of Houston-area high school coaches who had been on the two staffs during the week. One of these coaches was named McKay and they said he had played at Montana State. He has a great prep program going and said he hopes to move into the college ranks as a coach.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 11:08 PM
The commentators and some scouts were very impressed by Clay Green of Jacksonville State, despite the fact that Green was a late invite to the game. They said Green had improved his stock as much as any back that was at the game.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 11:13 PM
This scout in the booth said "Alvin Banks (JMU) is the most talented back here" and "he definitely has a chance to play at the next level." The scout said that Banks had been plagued by injuries this season, but he liked Banks' upside, when healthy. "The big question is can he stay healthy at the next level."

Banks had some good runs in the fourth quarter. He got a lot of props from the announcers.

MACHIAVELLI
January 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Did anyone record the game?

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 01:35 PM
This scout in the booth said "Alvin Banks (JMU) is the most talented back here" and "he definitely has a chance to play at the next level." The scout said that Banks had been plagued by injuries this season, but he liked Banks' upside, when healthy. "The big question is can he stay healthy at the next level."

Banks had some good runs in the fourth quarter. He got a lot of props from the announcers.

There were no NFL scouts in the booth. McShay does the draft coverage for ESPN, however, he is not an NFL scout. He listed Ford from Arkansas State and had the number of combine invites for the game way off. He writes for ESPN, which is why there might be errors in the FCS player's info... right Ralph? :D