PDA

View Full Version : Alabama A&M Coach to Get New Deal

TexasTerror
January 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Coach Jones got the job done at Alabama A&M this year and now wants more money for him, his staff and the football program. Sounds reasonable, right? 41-18 over the last five years speaks volumes of the coach. Time to put the $$$ where it needs to go...

Jones gives wishes outline
Friday, January 12, 2007
By REGGIE BENSON
Times Sports Staff [email protected]

Letter states A&M coach would like to renegotiate deal

Alabama A&M president Robert Jennings is expected to meet with football coach Anthony Jones to discuss renegotiating his contract, Jones' attorney told The Huntsville Times on Thursday night.

Myles Solomon, Jones' attorney, sent Jennings a letter Wednesday informing him that Jones wanted to negotiate a new deal. Jones has four years remaining on a contract that he signed following the 2005 season. The contract guarantees Jones $117,500, which includes $105,000 base salary and $12,500 for his radio/television show.

"Dr. Jennings and Coach Jones are going to sit down and talk soon," Solomon said. "It could be as early as this weekend."

In a copy of the letter The Times obtained, Solomon said not only did Jones want more money, he wanted more money for his staff and for the program. Solomon said they hadn't settled on a particular amount.

http://www.al.com/aam/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/1168596972136400.xml&coll=1

dustinadam
January 17th, 2007, 12:00 AM
A&M coach ASKS for new deal. That's different.

CSUBUCDAD
January 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
There are plenty of programs out there that would gladly pay him that and more for the success he has had. If the AD ain't coming forth with an offer I would be asking too. If I got rejected, I would be shopping for a new job somewhere that appreciates the results I have achieved.

HIU 93
January 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM
There are plenty of programs out there that would gladly pay him that and more for the success he has had. If the AD ain't coming forth with an offer I would be asking too. If I got rejected, I would be shopping for a new job somewhere that appreciates the results I have achieved.

I agree. AA&MU needs to cough those funds up. However, as with all state schools (non-flagship), the money from the state might not be there.

3rd Coast Tiger
January 18th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I agree. AA&MU needs to cough those funds up. However, as with all state schools (non-flagship), the money from the state might not be there.

"Might not be there"? How about "most definitely" will not be there.

HIU 93
January 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
"Might not be there"? How about "most definitely" will not be there.

You're probably correct. Especially with the state of Alabama givng Saban all that money.