PDA

View Full Version : Spring Practice--when?

GSU Eagle
January 12th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Just curious if any schools out there start Spring Practice in early February?

Here at Ga. Southern we usually start around March 10-15.

ngineer
January 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Just curious if any schools out there start Spring Practice in early February?

Here at Ga. Southern we usually start around March 10-15.

Lehigh usually starts around the third week of March. Not officially announced yet.

Grizzaholic
January 13th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Please don't remind me that football is so far away. Damn it. I need to go to a game really soon. The taped games from yesteryear are just not going to suffice.:bawling:

ButlerGSU
January 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I don't normally start thinking about football till the Blue/White game...

slostang
January 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Cal Poly starts spring practice in Feb. They have not announced the date yet, but last year it started Feb. 14th.

LBPop
January 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM
A semi-serious question for our Grizzlies fans. Is it possible for you to have spring practice? I am thinking about the old joke that there are two seasons in (insert name of state): Winter and July 4th. ;)

catamount man
January 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Western Carolina's spring football game is on Friday April 13th. Not sure when spring practice starts though.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ncbears
January 15th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I think we have spring drills sometime in the spring.
:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

spelunker64
January 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
A semi-serious question for our Grizzlies fans. Is it possible for you to have spring practice? I am thinking about the old joke that there are two seasons in (insert name of state): Winter and July 4th. ;)

No, no it's winter-winter-winter-road construction

andy7171
January 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Towson usually hold the Blacka nd Gold game on May7th (the day after my birthday) So when I was playing I could never go out and celebrate on the date, but it lead to one hell of a day after celebration with no concern about practice the next day.

So backing up from that date, Practices start up in early April. Usually the week after spring break. Which always added dread to the end of that week.

LBPop
January 15th, 2007, 12:39 PM
No, no it's winter-winter-winter-road construction

I guess it's that damned global cooling...:rolleyes:

PapaBear
January 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Maine's isn't public, yet. But if I were a betting man, I'd say we'll start somewhere around April 9, with the Spring Game (technically, the Jeff Cole Scrimmage) on Sat, May 5.

But that's just a guess.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 15th, 2007, 08:17 PM
May 4 or 5 is when UNH is looking to have it's spring game.

All depends how mud season goes.

JaxStateManager
January 23rd, 2007, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure when we are scheduled to start, but the J-Day game is tentatively set for March 31, 2007.

ButlerGSU
January 23rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Western Carolina's spring football game is on Friday April 13th. Not sure when spring practice starts though.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Friday the 13th huh?

CSUBUCDAD
January 23rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
CSU should start the first or second week of March. No official announcement has been made just yet.

MarkCCU
January 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM

Upstate SC has 4 seasons, that's what I hear. Down here we have Summer and fall.

rmutv
January 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Usually late March, around here. It can still be cold, with some rain or even snow, but the majority of the winter weather is gone by then.

SuperJon
January 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Spring practice officially begins March 19th with the spring game being April 21st.

The guys start back with the more intense workouts at the beginning of February.