PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Week 10 Review + Power Rankings

MrTitleist
November 8th, 2016, 09:17 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-review-and-power-rankings-week-10/

Things to read.

70MilesFromCanada
November 8th, 2016, 09:54 AM
So...you don't hate UND... then you must not be paying attention.

Santiago runs for over 200 yards and he's not even a player of the week mention?

I think most posters have already agreed that UND has no shot at the auto bid if EWU wins out due to the Sagarin rankings.

Try to keep up.

UNDBIZ
November 8th, 2016, 09:57 AM
"North Dakota fans.. don’t worry, I hate your team equally as much as the rest."

Which is why UND didn't even get a sentence for beating UNC.

https://media.giphy.com/media/RACS9OQOjSPoA/giphy.gif ;)

UNDBIZ
November 8th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Santiago runs for over 200 yards and he's not even a player of the week mention?

That's not enough to beat out a guy with 8 touchdowns.

MrTitleist
November 8th, 2016, 10:37 AM

I think most posters have already agreed that UND has no shot at the auto bid if EWU wins out due to the Sagarin rankings.

Try to keep up.

Guy goes for 8 touchdowns and over 400 total yards.. yeah, gonna beat out the guy w/ 200 yards rushing.

grizband
November 8th, 2016, 11:26 AM
#analysis...cracked me up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Silenoz
November 8th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Try to keep up.
We got ourselves a winner here. AGS seems to draw them like flies. Especially for UND lately...

F'N Hawks
November 8th, 2016, 11:50 AM
We got ourselves a winner here. AGS seems to draw them like flies. Especially for UND lately...

Is that the point of his rankings, to try and put chum in the water? Kind of what it has evolved into, I guess.

Silenoz
November 8th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Is that the point of his rankings, to try and put chum in the water? Kind of what it has evolved into, I guess.
People have been doing Big Sky power rankings on here for like a decade (or longer). Is this about EWU being higher than UND?

F'N Hawks
November 8th, 2016, 12:37 PM
People have been doing Big Sky power rankings on here for like a decade (or longer). Is this about EWU being higher than UND?

Is what about EWU being higher? Of course they should be, everyone in the country knows that.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2016, 12:43 PM
It's about UND's massive chip on their shoulder because of all their weightlifting and smashing teams this year. Clearly there is a lack of respect shown to a great FB team that has such great wins over.......
Well don't forget about their quality losses to Stony Brook and Bowling Green!;)

God I hope they stay in the BSC forever. xnodx

nevadagriz
November 8th, 2016, 12:57 PM
It's about UND's massive chip on their shoulder because of all their weightlifting and smashing teams this year. Clearly there is a lack of respect shown to a great FB team that has such great wins over.......
Well don't forget about their quality losses to Stony Brook and Bowling Green!;)

God I hope they stay in the BSC forever. xnodx
you sure you wouldn't love to piss pound these body builders in the MVFC every year?

Bisonator
November 8th, 2016, 01:04 PM
you sure you wouldn't love to piss pound these body builders in the MVFC every year?
Wouldn't want to take those easy wins away from the Griz. xthumbsupx

F'N Hawks
November 8th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't want to take those easy wins away from the Griz. xthumbsupx

We didn't play this year. (weekly reminder)

EdubAlum
November 8th, 2016, 01:12 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-review-and-power-rankings-week-10/

Things to read.

You listed kupp with 1 touchdown last week, but you forgot to mention that he also passed for two more as well :)

Bisonator
November 8th, 2016, 01:19 PM
weekly whine notedxlolx

Schism55
November 8th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Please stay in the BSC so the MVFC doesn't have an even more unbalanced schedule. Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

F'N Hawks
November 8th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Please stay in the BSC so the MVFC doesn't have an even more unbalanced schedule. Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what anybody on this board thinks. I realize there have been a heaping of well thought out points but I question whether the leagues will take them into account.

MrTitleist
November 8th, 2016, 01:36 PM
You listed kupp with 1 touchdown last week, but you forgot to mention that he also passed for two more as well :)

I totally missed that! God damn, guy can do everything.

Utgrizfan
November 8th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Seems pretty solid in regards to rankings, definitely pulling for UND to smash NAU. Also we cannot overlook Northern Colorado, especially with how our defense has been playing as of late.

UNDColorado
November 8th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Seems pretty solid in regards to rankings, definitely pulling for UND to smash NAU. Also we cannot overlook Northern Colorado, especially with how our defense has been playing as of late.

I agree, definitely don't overlook UNC, they played a tough game on Saturday. On the other hand we played with our backup QB and lost a couple OL during the game. You guys should be just fine as long as the players show up.

What happened to the defense against ISU? I turned the game on late in the second quarter and had to do a double take because the score was so high.

dudeitsaid
November 8th, 2016, 06:52 PM
I agree, definitely don't overlook UNC, they played a tough game on Saturday. On the other hand we played with our backup QB and lost a couple OL during the game. You guys should be just fine as long as the players show up.

What happened to the defense against ISU? I turned the game on late in the second quarter and had to do a double take because the score was so high.

Seems like it's not uncommon for ISU to play UM tough. They never seem to pull out the win thought (look at last year's snafu as an example).

Edit: maybe it is uncommon but not unprecedented. I remember the 12-10 game, and thought it was more recent than 2009.

70MilesFromCanada
November 9th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Guy goes for 8 touchdowns and over 400 total yards.. yeah, gonna beat out the guy w/ 200 yards rushing.

I said a mention, not the winner.

Rjones61
November 9th, 2016, 10:23 AM

It sure won't help your SOS if the team that crushed you gets crushed by UND.

kalm
November 9th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Try to keep up.

EWU had three players with equally impressive games
as Santiago. You don't hear us whining.

kalm
November 9th, 2016, 06:14 PM

I'd favor NAU in this one.

geaux_sioux
November 9th, 2016, 07:08 PM
I'd favor NAU in this one.
They make me very nervous. Tough matchup for us. I think it comes down to their d and our o.

JALMOND
November 9th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Hard to believe but the end to the season is getting close. Everyone has two games left except for North Dakota who only plays one (Southern Utah has only one conference game left as they play Brigham Young this weekend), and there seems to be some clear cut rankings in the conference. Eastern Washington has jumped out at the start and really hasn't looked back. North Dakota and Cal Poly have been pretty consistent behind the Eagles and Northern Arizona has looked good once their backup quarterback got his feet under him. Still, as we get to the middle, things seem to get murky. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). Have at it.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week won at Cal Poly 42-21, this week Idaho State at home---Eagles continue their flight atop the conference and may have smooth sailing now right up to the end of the year. They don't want to look past the game this week, however.

2. North Dakota (2)---Last week won at Northern Colorado 23-13, this week Northern Arizona at home---The Hawks are striving for an undefeated conference slate and at least a share of the title, but they do have a tough game this weekend at home.

3. Cal Poly (3)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 42-21, this week at Weber State---The Mustangs ran into the Eagles juggernaut and could not break through. Are they still in the playoff picture? Maybe but they do need to win this game on the road.

4. Northern Arizona (4)---Last week won at Weber State 33-20, this week at North Dakota---The Lumberjacks got a rather surprising road win last week and are at least back in the playoff conversation. They will need to win out and this game will be difficult.

5. Southern Utah (5)---Last week beat Montana State at home 38-21, this week at FBS Independent Brigham Young---The Thunderbirds need to win out for consideration for the playoffs, which makes this weekend's game against their big brothers a bit daunting.

6. Montana (7)---Last week beat Idaho State at home 62-44, this week at Northern Colorado---A typical Big Sky game for the Grizzlies last week but they really were in no danger as long as they kept scoring. They may need to find their defense this weekend to get a win.

7. Weber State (6)---Last week lost to Northern Arizona at home 33-20, this week Cal Poly at home---The Wildcats get another shot at a top caliber conference team but after the loss last weekend, a win may not be enough to get them in the playoffs.

8. Northern Colorado (8)---Last week lost to North Dakota at home 23-13, this week Montana at home---The Bears gave all they had last weekend but came up just short. Now, they need a good win this weekend with their playoff hopes on life support.

9. Portland State (11)---Last week won at UC-Davis 51-29, this week at Sacramento State---Just write the Vikings off and they will all of a sudden come to life. A bit too late, however, as they are just playing out the string, but another win would be great.

10. UC-Davis (9)---Last week lost to Portland State at home 51-29, this week at Montana State---The Aggies could not close the deal on the Vikings last week and came out short. They have a great chance to end the year on a high note with two straight wins.

11. Montana State (10)---Last week lost at Southern Utah 38-21, this week UC-Davis at home---The Bobcats are still looking for their first conference win of the year, but they may have their best shot at home this weekend. No doubt they would like to get a win next week as well.

12. Idaho State (12)---Last week lost at Montana 62-44, this week at Eastern Washington---The Bengals seem to like these games that they can score a lot of points. However, the opponents all are able to score more points than the Bengals can muster.

13. Sacramento State (13)---Last week bye, this week Portland State at home---The Hornets join the parade of teams that had a bye before playing the Vikings. Most cases that has worked out well and the Hornets will hope to carry on that string.

RECAP: 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5-7, then 8, then 9-11, then 12-13 behind everyone.

Utgrizfan
November 9th, 2016, 09:52 PM

I wouldn't exactly call losing by 11 points "getting crushed" but if NAU loses regardless of what the score is and Montana wins out we will be in.

Grizalltheway
November 9th, 2016, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't exactly call losing by 11 points "getting crushed" but if NAU loses regardless of what the score is and Montana wins out we will be in.

Of course! It's the Griz, and points scored in a failed comeback don't count.xlolx

siouxfan512
November 10th, 2016, 09:48 AM
weekly whine notedxlolx

exactly. enough of that already.

Santiago didn't get mentioned as POW, because Chalich was absolutely ridiculous. Even if Santiago had run for 300 yards he wouldn't have gotten it.

I'm as happy as anyone that UND is competitive in football this year, and Bubba has done an awesome job, but it has really brought out some of the entitled whiners. We're 8-2, and looking to go to our first FCS playoffs, not 11-0 with a string of conference and/or national titles .... let's hold off on the entitlement for now .... actually lets hold off on entitlement regardless of current or future success, because it can just be obnoxious.

- - - Updated - - -

Try to keep up.

If you don't like it, you could start writing your own blog. Just a thought.

UNDColorado
November 10th, 2016, 10:06 AM
exactly. enough of that already.

Santiago didn't get mentioned as POW, because Chalich was absolutely ridiculous. Even if Santiago had run for 300 yards he wouldn't have gotten it.

I'm as happy as anyone that UND is competitive in football this year, and Bubba has done an awesome job, but it has really brought out some of the entitled whiners. We're 8-2, and looking to go to our first FCS playoffs, not 11-0 with a string of conference and/or national titles .... let's hold off on the entitlement for now .... actually lets hold off on entitlement regardless of current or future success, because it can just be obnoxious.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't like it, you could start writing your own blog. Just a thought.

Well said. The first article would be all about how much weight UND pushes in the offseason xlolx

wapiti
November 10th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks Jalmond.

I would swap SUU, UM and the BBQ around.
Put UM @ 5
BBQ @ 6
SUU @ 7

and MSU should be @ 13.

Hard to believe but the end to the season is getting close. Everyone has two games left except for North Dakota who only plays one (Southern Utah has only one conference game left as they play Brigham Young this weekend), and there seems to be some clear cut rankings in the conference. Eastern Washington has jumped out at the start and really hasn't looked back. North Dakota and Cal Poly have been pretty consistent behind the Eagles and Northern Arizona has looked good once their backup quarterback got his feet under him. Still, as we get to the middle, things seem to get murky. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). Have at it.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week won at Cal Poly 42-21, this week Idaho State at home---Eagles continue their flight atop the conference and may have smooth sailing now right up to the end of the year. They don't want to look past the game this week, however.

2. North Dakota (2)---Last week won at Northern Colorado 23-13, this week Northern Arizona at home---The Hawks are striving for an undefeated conference slate and at least a share of the title, but they do have a tough game this weekend at home.

3. Cal Poly (3)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 42-21, this week at Weber State---The Mustangs ran into the Eagles juggernaut and could not break through. Are they still in the playoff picture? Maybe but they do need to win this game on the road.

4. Northern Arizona (4)---Last week won at Weber State 33-20, this week at North Dakota---The Lumberjacks got a rather surprising road win last week and are at least back in the playoff conversation. They will need to win out and this game will be difficult.

5. Southern Utah (5)---Last week beat Montana State at home 38-21, this week at FBS Independent Brigham Young---The Thunderbirds need to win out for consideration for the playoffs, which makes this weekend's game against their big brothers a bit daunting.

6. Montana (7)---Last week beat Idaho State at home 62-44, this week at Northern Colorado---A typical Big Sky game for the Grizzlies last week but they really were in no danger as long as they kept scoring. They may need to find their defense this weekend to get a win.

7. Weber State (6)---Last week lost to Northern Arizona at home 33-20, this week Cal Poly at home---The Wildcats get another shot at a top caliber conference team but after the loss last weekend, a win may not be enough to get them in the playoffs.

8. Northern Colorado (8)---Last week lost to North Dakota at home 23-13, this week Montana at home---The Bears gave all they had last weekend but came up just short. Now, they need a good win this weekend with their playoff hopes on life support.

9. Portland State (11)---Last week won at UC-Davis 51-29, this week at Sacramento State---Just write the Vikings off and they will all of a sudden come to life. A bit too late, however, as they are just playing out the string, but another win would be great.

10. UC-Davis (9)---Last week lost to Portland State at home 51-29, this week at Montana State---The Aggies could not close the deal on the Vikings last week and came out short. They have a great chance to end the year on a high note with two straight wins.

11. Montana State (10)---Last week lost at Southern Utah 38-21, this week UC-Davis at home---The Bobcats are still looking for their first conference win of the year, but they may have their best shot at home this weekend. No doubt they would like to get a win next week as well.

12. Idaho State (12)---Last week lost at Montana 62-44, this week at Eastern Washington---The Bengals seem to like these games that they can score a lot of points. However, the opponents all are able to score more points than the Bengals can muster.

13. Sacramento State (13)---Last week bye, this week Portland State at home---The Hornets join the parade of teams that had a bye before playing the Vikings. Most cases that has worked out well and the Hornets will hope to carry on that string.

RECAP: 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5-7, then 8, then 9-11, then 12-13 behind everyone.

Rjones61
November 10th, 2016, 01:01 PM

You're just taking a snapshot at the end of the game rather than what really happened throughout the game. NAU has control the entire time. UM only caught up in garbage time.

Just face it, the Grizzlies were clobbered. At one point it was 45-20.

Rjones61
November 10th, 2016, 09:46 PM

Don't really understand how Montana State isn't ranked last when they have failed to win even one conference game and even lost to the team you have ranked last.

JacksTown
November 10th, 2016, 10:32 PM
The point is. North Dakota U, wrecked house this past several weekends. And so long as they try as a Dakota team, they will do well. Because Dakota teams play in a dome. Go south Dakota, wait shut. North.....f, arizona will wiki out

dudeitsaid
November 10th, 2016, 10:38 PM
The point is. North Dakota U, wrecked house this past several weekends. And so long as they try as a Dakota team, they will do well. Because Dakota teams play in a dome. Go south Dakota, wait shut. North.....f, arizona will wiki out

Wut?

This is either a bot, or a message conveyed from another language using google translate.

JacksTown
November 10th, 2016, 11:31 PM
UND is a swell team. I do believe jacks bout to get....a challenge. NAU has been doing well as of late..
Idk how playoffs will unfold, but Lumberjerk-43, swell fellows 20(who gives a ****e, Nau wins).

JALMOND
November 11th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Don't really understand how Montana State isn't ranked last when they have failed to win even one conference game and even lost to the team you have ranked last.

A few things in the Bobcats favor that makes me keep them out of the basement...

1. One of their wins is against Bryant, a pretty decent Northeast team.
2. A close FBS loss (3 points) to Idaho, who is still an FBS team.
3. A second win over a DII team by 55 points (the same DII team that beat Sacramento State).
4. Two wins on the season compared to one for Sacramento State.

Granted they did lose to Sacramento State, but it was on the road and it was a game that the Bobcats had in hand until the very end. Play the game on a neutral field and I'd say you'd have a far different result, therefore I give the nod to the Bobcats over the Hornets.

F'N Hawks
November 11th, 2016, 07:04 AM
UND is a swell team. I do believe jacks bout to get....a challenge. NAU has been doing well as of late..
Idk how playoffs will unfold, but Lumberjerk-43, swell fellows 20(who gives a ****e, Nau wins).

The world I live in is boring. What you got going on is something to behold.

Utgrizfan
November 12th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Well after this cluster**** of a week looks like the Big Sky schools getting in are:

-EWU
-UND
-WSU
-Winner of Cal Poly and UNC