PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Week 9 Review + Power Rankings

MrTitleist
November 1st, 2016, 08:53 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-review-and-power-rankings-week-9/

More reading for your morning.

F'N Hawks
November 1st, 2016, 08:56 AM
Weekly reminder: UND didn't play Montana and Eastern Washington.

F'N Hawks
November 1st, 2016, 08:57 AM
Weekly reminder: Joe Protheroe didn't play vs. UND.

BadlandsGrizFan
November 1st, 2016, 09:22 AM
Weekly reminder UND has a cake scehdule and will be bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

SUUTbird
November 1st, 2016, 09:23 AM
Weekly reminder UND has a cake scehdule and will be bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Like Montana has a stronger schedule? A little bit of the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.

MrTitleist
November 1st, 2016, 09:29 AM
Weekly reminder: UND didn't play Montana and Eastern Washington.

You know, this kind of snark could get you moved down the power rankings in an act of spite.

slostang
November 1st, 2016, 09:55 AM
The way it is looking it might be a good thing for Montana that they avoided playing UND this year. Griz Nation would explode with a 4th conference loss.

UND and EWU game would be a great game against two unbeaten teams.

F'N Hawks
November 1st, 2016, 09:57 AM
The way it is looking it might be a good thing for Montana that they avoided playing UND this year. Griz Nation would explode with a 4th conference loss.

Are you trolling?

UND would get F'n destroyed. UND might run the ball OK and hang around that way but Gubrud would have 500+ yards. Not even going to talk about what Kupp would do. xsmhx

wapiti
November 1st, 2016, 10:01 AM
Mr. T, Could you post your review and rankings in the thread rather then using a link?
It is against my policy to click on links. (Especially one posted by a griz fan :))

Montana State 24 at Southern Utah 30 Bobcats show improvement, but being on the road makes for another loss.
Northern Arizona 26 at Weber State 27 The BBQ wins a nail-biter.
North Dakota 20 at Northern Colorado 17 UND just keeps winning.
Portland State 17 at UC Davis 24 You See Davis has been improving as the season has progressed.
Idaho State 28 at Montana 45 Another cupcake win for the griz. I think this may be the 4th cupcake game for the griz this year.
Eastern Washington 20 at Cal Poly 24 Cal Poly's run game keeps the ball out of EWU's offense.

Sacramento State should not lose this week. (They probably will not win either.)

clenz
November 1st, 2016, 11:15 AM
Mr. T, Could you post your review and rankings in the thread rather then using a link?
It is against my policy to click on links. (Especially one posted by a griz fan :))

Montana State 24 at Southern Utah 30 Bobcats show improvement, but being on the road makes for another loss.
Northern Arizona 26 at Weber State 27 The BBQ wins a nail-biter.
North Dakota 20 at Northern Colorado 17 UND just keeps winning.
Portland State 17 at UC Davis 24 You See Davis has been improving as the season has progressed.
Idaho State 28 at Montana 45 Another cupcake win for the griz. I think this may be the 4th cupcake game for the griz this year.
Eastern Washington 20 at Cal Poly 24 Cal Poly's run game keeps the ball out of EWU's offense.

Sacramento State should not lose this week. (They probably will not win either.)

No. it's an AGS writer writing for AGS on an AGS owned site.

Pretty tough to read threads of you aren't clicking links

wapiti
November 1st, 2016, 12:37 PM
No. it's an AGS writer writing for AGS on an AGS owned site.

Pretty tough to read threads of you aren't clicking links

I avoid clicking on links that navigate me to a new site.
One exception to this is when using a search engine.

MrTitleist
November 1st, 2016, 12:48 PM

I .... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clenz
November 1st, 2016, 12:57 PM
The Wedge is an extension of AGS.

It's literally AGS..

ursus arctos horribilis
November 1st, 2016, 01:19 PM
The Wedge is an extension of AGS.

It's literally AGS..

He whines about crap alot and it is usually stuff like this so I could GAF if he chooses to not go read what members try to do here in providing other members a service free of charge of any kind and so forth. **** him.

geaux_sioux
November 1st, 2016, 01:48 PM
You know, this kind of snark could get you moved down the power rankings in an act of spite.
Go ahead, it's your opinion.

geaux_sioux
November 1st, 2016, 01:57 PM
For the record, so far we have played and beaten 3 teams ahead of the mighty griz and have 2 more in our next games.

nevadagriz
November 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM
For the record, so far we have played and beaten 3 teams ahead of the mighty griz and have 2 more in our next games.

No one is saying the Griz are mighty there chief! Und has beat the teams they have played and deserve praise for doing so. Had they not **** the bed to start the season they would be top 5. If they win out they will get a home playoff game and can prove the doubters wrong.
So enjoy the season, quit worrying what others think of your schedule and make damn sure you pack that barn of yours for your playoff game. one last thing root for Montana to win their next three games and their first playoff game, if they do that there is a really good chance the Griz and SIOUX will meet in your barn for some playoff footballxthumbsupx

JALMOND
November 2nd, 2016, 12:42 AM
Pretty amazing that we are into the month of November now and there are still about 8 teams in the conference with some type of playoff aspirations, with only EWU being a shoo-in (I know Cal Poly should be a shoo-in as well but you never know about playoff committees). As we go down the stretch, still some great games to be play that will eventually work itself out. No doubt, however, there will be some sad faces as some teams will be done by Thanksgiving (some are already done). Here are my conference power rankings for this week (last week in parenthesis). Have at them.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week beat Montana at home 35-16, this week at Cal Poly---The Eagles are still flying high over the conference and are in line for a high seed in the playoffs if they can win their remaining games. This coming one is the toughest.

2. North Dakota (2)---Last week beat Weber State at home 27-19, this week at Northern Colorado---The Hawks got past a tough conference foe and now, with their sights on the playoffs as well (to make up for last year's slight), they have a tough road contest.

3. Cal Poly (3)---Last week won at Sacramento State 59-47, this week Eastern Washington at home---The Mustangs survived a furious rally on the road to escape with a win and now get a showdown with the flying Eagles. Do the Mustangs belong?

4. Northern Arizona (4)---Last week bye, this week at Weber State---The Lumberjacks were keeping the ship afloat, until they hoped their quarterback was able to come back. Unfortunately, that is not the case (no pun intended) and they need their backup to keep it going.

5. Southern Utah (7)---Last week won at Idaho State 52-27, this week Montana State at home---The Thunderbirds rebounded nicely from their heart wrenching defeat a couple weeks ago. They may have a shot at the playoffs, but they can't lose this game.

6. Weber State (6)---Last week lost at North Dakota 27-19, this week Northern Arizona at home---The Wildcats finally had a shot at a strong opponent last week and came up just short on the road. They need a good showing this week against another strong opponent.

7. Montana (5)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 35-16, this week Idaho State at home---Not quite the season the Grizzlies thought they would have but things may be getting easier. However, the Bengals gave them a tough game last year.

8. Northern Colorado (8)---Last week won in OT at Portland State 56-49, this week North Dakota at home---The Bears have playoff hopes? With a slate of games against North Dakota, Montana and Cal Poly, you better believe it (but they need all three).

9. UC-Davis (10)---Last week bye, this week Portland State at home---The Aggies are playing out the string but are coming off a good home win against Northern Colorado a couple weeks ago. They now want a win this weekend.

10. Montana State (11)---Last week bye, this week at Southern Utah---The Bobcats still have no conference wins (only one win overall) and things do not look like they are going to get any easier any time soon. But you still have to play them.

11. Portland State (9)---Last week lost in OT to Northern Colorado 56-49, this week at UC-Davis---How the mighty have fallen. To say the Vikings came out flat after halftime last week is putting it mildly. Now they are in freefall. Will it end?

12. Idaho State (12)---Last week lost to Southern Utah at home 52-27, this week at Montana---The Bengals head out on the road after a shocking home loss last week. They are still playing rather competitively and remember their game with Montana last year.

13. Sacramento State (13)---Last week lost at home to Cal Poly 59-47, this week bye---After a furious comeback to throw a small scare into Cal Poly late in the game last week, the Hornets get a much deserved bye week before their game against Portland State.

RECAP: 1 in front, 2-6 just behind, 7-8 keeping up, 9-11 losing ground, 12-13 bringing up the rear.

SUUTbird
November 2nd, 2016, 09:24 AM
I appreciate the vote of confidence Jalmond however I think you are giving us too much credit. Losing at North Dakota and completely blowing it against Weber State I think eliminated us from the playoff conversation. The only chance I would give us is if we are able to win out, and that includes upsetting BYU which I don't think is going to happen.

wapiti
November 2nd, 2016, 09:32 AM
Montana State at 10 seems a bit generous. The Bobcat's have the potential to be ranked 10 or higher, but have yet to show that by winning conference games.
and the Bobcats have 2 wins overall not 1.

Thanks and good job.

Pretty amazing that we are into the month of November now and there are still about 8 teams in the conference with some type of playoff aspirations, with only EWU being a shoo-in (I know Cal Poly should be a shoo-in as well but you never know about playoff committees). As we go down the stretch, still some great games to be play that will eventually work itself out. No doubt, however, there will be some sad faces as some teams will be done by Thanksgiving (some are already done). Here are my conference power rankings for this week (last week in parenthesis). Have at them.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week beat Montana at home 35-16, this week at Cal Poly---The Eagles are still flying high over the conference and are in line for a high seed in the playoffs if they can win their remaining games. This coming one is the toughest.

2. North Dakota (2)---Last week beat Weber State at home 27-19, this week at Northern Colorado---The Hawks got past a tough conference foe and now, with their sights on the playoffs as well (to make up for last year's slight), they have a tough road contest.

3. Cal Poly (3)---Last week won at Sacramento State 59-47, this week Eastern Washington at home---The Mustangs survived a furious rally on the road to escape with a win and now get a showdown with the flying Eagles. Do the Mustangs belong?

4. Northern Arizona (4)---Last week bye, this week at Weber State---The Lumberjacks were keeping the ship afloat, until they hoped their quarterback was able to come back. Unfortunately, that is not the case (no pun intended) and they need their backup to keep it going.

5. Southern Utah (7)---Last week won at Idaho State 52-27, this week Montana State at home---The Thunderbirds rebounded nicely from their heart wrenching defeat a couple weeks ago. They may have a shot at the playoffs, but they can't lose this game.

6. Weber State (6)---Last week lost at North Dakota 27-19, this week Northern Arizona at home---The Wildcats finally had a shot at a strong opponent last week and came up just short on the road. They need a good showing this week against another strong opponent.

7. Montana (5)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 35-16, this week Idaho State at home---Not quite the season the Grizzlies thought they would have but things may be getting easier. However, the Bengals gave them a tough game last year.

8. Northern Colorado (8)---Last week won in OT at Portland State 56-49, this week North Dakota at home---The Bears have playoff hopes? With a slate of games against North Dakota, Montana and Cal Poly, you better believe it (but they need all three).

9. UC-Davis (10)---Last week bye, this week Portland State at home---The Aggies are playing out the string but are coming off a good home win against Northern Colorado a couple weeks ago. They now want a win this weekend.

10. Montana State (11)---Last week bye, this week at Southern Utah---The Bobcats still have no conference wins (only one win overall) and things do not look like they are going to get any easier any time soon. But you still have to play them.

11. Portland State (9)---Last week lost in OT to Northern Colorado 56-49, this week at UC-Davis---How the mighty have fallen. To say the Vikings came out flat after halftime last week is putting it mildly. Now they are in freefall. Will it end?

12. Idaho State (12)---Last week lost to Southern Utah at home 52-27, this week at Montana---The Bengals head out on the road after a shocking home loss last week. They are still playing rather competitively and remember their game with Montana last year.

13. Sacramento State (13)---Last week lost at home to Cal Poly 59-47, this week bye---After a furious comeback to throw a small scare into Cal Poly late in the game last week, the Hornets get a much deserved bye week before their game against Portland State.

RECAP: 1 in front, 2-6 just behind, 7-8 keeping up, 9-11 losing ground, 12-13 bringing up the rear.

kab
November 2nd, 2016, 04:38 PM

Weekly reminder so does Montana, they aren't playing UND

OverratedGriz
November 2nd, 2016, 05:15 PM
Montana got lucky this year not having to play UND, one more loss by Montana and they wouldn't make the playoffs. Luckily for them they scheduled a bunch of out of conference cupcakes. Still waiting for Montana to beat a ranked team.

Grizalltheway
November 2nd, 2016, 05:20 PM
Third screen name, huh Rob?

OverratedGriz
November 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
No clue who Rob is.

UNDColorado
November 4th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Haha this thread is a great read. Keep it up everyone!

BadlandsGrizFan
November 4th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Like Montana has a stronger schedule? A little bit of the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.

It does..its been discussed.

BadlandsGrizFan
November 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM

Get out of here with that conference championship talk.....do you want to lose the great parody the bsc has going right now????? FYI THATS FREAKING SARCASM!!!!

BadlandsGrizFan
November 4th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Weekly reminder so does Montana, they aren't playing UND

We can have the best of both worlds if we go to a conference championship....UND can beat up on the ****s of the BSC before they play Montana..EWU..every year in the conference championship.....that way...you will maintain all the false confidence you have gained from this season up untill the very last game of the season...EWU and Montana can rightfully and perennially beat your ass in the chipper....and all 3 schools go to the playoffs.....it seems like a win win win !!!