PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 10 Predictions

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2016, 10:47 AM
Sorry this is up late this week folks (especially you Twenty-Six). So we managed to stay the same in the top 3 ranks, but a bunch of guys rose and fell a lot this week. Coming down the home stretch the top people better stay on their game or they are going to get caught by some risers. In the how the mighty have fallen file, m_miller started the season white hot in first place and has fallen all the way to 11th. He was the only one to get the SDSU game this week however. Underdawg and EIU1999 missed their picks this week but EIU1999 was over the 30 pt threshold, keeping him eligible.

1) Thumper 76: 47
2) dewey: 45
3) BisonFanInNWMN: 43
T4) The Yo Show: 42
T4) Gil Dolbie: 42
T6) ST_Lawson: 41
T6) Paladin1aa: 41
T8) BisonTru: 40
T8) REALBird: 40
T8) Twenty Six: 40
T11) m_miller: 39
T11) MR CHICKEN: 39
T11) Professor Chaos: 39
14) Trumpster: 38
T15) POD Knows: 37
T15) Mayville Bison: 37
T15) Yotes 21: 37
T18) EIU1999: 33
T18) X-Factor: 33
T18) bonarae: 33
T21) TheKingpin28: 31
T21) Bison56: 31
23) DCWIU11: 24
24) ysubigred: 21

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2016, 10:50 AM
This weeks games.

12pm Northern Iowa at Indiana State-ESPN3

1pm Illinois State at Western Illinois-ESPN3

2pm Missouri State at South Dakota State-MidcoSN/ESPN3

2pm South Dakota at Southern Illinois-MVC/ESPN3

2:30pm Youngstown State at North Dakota State-NBC ND/ESPN3

Twentysix
October 31st, 2016, 11:04 AM
12pm Northern Iowa at Indiana State

1pm Illinois State at Western Illinois

2pm Missouri State at South Dakota State

2pm South Dakota at Southern Illinois

2:30pm Youngstown State at North Dakota State

dewey
October 31st, 2016, 11:38 AM
This weeks games.

My picks;
Northern Iowa
Western Illinois
South Dakota State
South Dakota
North Dakota State

FREAKING USD! I would have only been down by 1 had they not wizzed another one down their legs...no pun intended for them being Coyotes:D

Dewey

Gil Dobie
October 31st, 2016, 11:51 AM

REALBird
October 31st, 2016, 11:58 AM
Northern Iowa - not completely sold on this pick. But UNI plays at their best when their playoff lives depend on it. Small fleeting chance it may be, but they can only play the game. The rest is up to the committee.
Illinois State - same thing as above. I think WIU survived last week, and honestly this being their longest played in-conference rival. They'll either be amped up or poised to finally snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. ISUr by a FG.
SDSU - Bunnies come back with a sense of urgency, still marting from that road L.
USD - SIU is just terrible. No way I'm picking them this year.
NDSU - Just because.......expecting Bo to get at least one unsportsmanlike 15 yarder this game. He's been too quiet this year.

ysubigred
October 31st, 2016, 12:02 PM
Northern Iowa at Indiana State 19-17

Illinois State at Western Illinois 35-27

Missouri State at South Dakota State 153 - 41

South Dakota at Southern Illinois 28-27

Youngstown State at North Dakota State 3-2 5 OT's Bo gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for being a true gentleman :D

mmiller_34
October 31st, 2016, 12:30 PM
Sorry this is up late this week folks (especially you Twenty-Six). So we managed to stay the same in the top 3 ranks, but a bunch of guys rose and fell a lot this week. Coming down the home stretch the top people better stay on their game or they are going to get caught by some risers. In the how the mighty have fallen file, m_miller started the season white hot in first place and has fallen all the way to 11th. He was the only one to get the SDSU game this week however. Underdawg and EIU1999 missed their picks this week but EIU1999 was over the 30 pt threshold, keeping him eligible.

1) Thumper 76: 47
2) dewey: 45
3) BisonFanInNWMN: 43
T4) The Yo Show: 42
T4) Gil Dolbie: 42
T6) ST_Lawson: 41
T6) Paladin1aa: 41
T8) BisonTru: 40
T8) REALBird: 40
T8) Twenty Six: 40
T11) m_miller: 39
T11) MR CHICKEN: 39
T11) Professor Chaos: 39
14) Trumpster: 38
T15) POD Knows: 37
T15) Mayville Bison: 37
T15) Yotes 21: 37
T18) EIU1999: 33
T18) X-Factor: 33
T18) bonarae: 33
T21) TheKingpin28: 31
T21) Bison56: 31
23) DCWIU11: 24
24) ysubigred: 21

I started to become superstitious with these picks. I would pick the worst possible outcome for SDSU each week (SDSU losing,USD winning, etc) After doing this SDSU went on a hot streak, WIU, SIU, NDSU, and YSU. Worked for 4 weeks but it certainly dropped my position . Now, that the streak is broken maybe I can now start picking SDSU to win.

X-Factor
October 31st, 2016, 12:43 PM
12pm Northern Iowa at Indiana State

1pm Illinois State at Western Illinois

2pm Missouri State at South Dakota State

2pm South Dakota at Southern Illinois

2:30pm Youngstown State at North Dakota State

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2016, 02:32 PM
Northern Iowa at Indiana St - Both these teams had some serious wind taken out of their sails last week. But I do think UNI is a much better team so I'll pick them to sleepwalk to an uninspired win.

Illinois St at Western Illinois - Contrary to the first game both these teams are coming off hugely emotional wins. This is the toughest call of the week for me. Picking WIU in a toss up.

Missouri St at South Dakota St - Lots of Jack attacks in this game as SDSU somewhat gets the ship righted.

South Dakota at Southern Illinois - Tempting to pick SIU since USD is likely going to be a little down after last week's chokejob but the Salukis are just not very good.

Youngstown St at North Dakota St - This will be a rock fight. I expect a lot of punts but I think NDSU's offense is more balanced so they'll be able to score just enough to put it out of reach of an anemic YSU offense.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2016, 02:54 PM
12pm Northern Iowa at Indiana State-ESPN3 - Like usual Farley put his back against the wall and is now in playoff mode. UNI does usually make a push when the season is on the line. UNI still has one of the best defenses in the country.

1pm Illinois State at Western Illinois-ESPN3 - The leathernecks look to be solidifying another playoff birth, but they need to hammer down at least one more win to get in. They need to keep the pedal to the floor or they could face a Penguin-like season fall and be sitting home.

2pm Missouri State at South Dakota State-MidcoSN/ESPN3 - MSU is improved, but the Jackrabbits offense will be too much. I think Taryn, Jake, and Dallas take some frustration out on the Bears.

2pm South Dakota at Southern Illinois-MVC/ESPN3 - The Saluki's sit at the bottom of the conference, but unlike MSU last season they aren't that far behind everyone else. This is their best shot to get a conference win, and I think they get it done. Effectively eliminating the Yotes playoff chances barring they don't pulling off back to back XDSU upsets.

2:30pm Youngstown State at North Dakota State-NBC ND/ESPN3 - NDSU's offense isn't as bad as being portrayed. I think they loosen up a bit, and come out with an easy victory. YSU's defense will keep it close for the first half, but start getting gassed as I don't see the Penguins offense staying on the field much.

Bison56
October 31st, 2016, 03:00 PM
UNI
WIU
SDSU
USD
NDSU

Mayville Bison
October 31st, 2016, 03:14 PM

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2016, 03:15 PM
Indy St

UNI always has a bad game after the NDSU game, and realistically is done for the playoffs barring a weak bubble IMHO. Road game after a physical emotionally draining loss at home is a tough way to have to bounce back.

WIU

Likely another close game, because the Leathernecks don't know how to do anything different. WIU generally starts quick and thats what you need to do against a bad team unlike SDSU pulled last week. Could be the first one in a while that WIU makes look easy though if they come out ready to play from the kick.

SDSU

Angry Jacks at home. Wouldn't be surprised to see a slow start ala Montana last year after losing their chance at a seed, but Wieneke and Goedert decide they should use both hands on the football when its colder out and Jacks end up cruising.

USD

Wouldn't be shocked at a USeD loss here, but I see them rallying to try to save their playoff dreams.

NDSU

Similar game to UNI. YSU is basically UNI that had an easy OOC schedule. Great defense, zero offense, zero pass. Wildly one dimensional does not make for a good recipe against the Bison in Fargo. Bison win 14-9.

The Yo Show
October 31st, 2016, 03:20 PM

I like my penguins (definitely being a homer pick here). Plus I need to make up ground :D

mango433
October 31st, 2016, 03:21 PM
Indy St

UNI always has a bad game after the NDSU game, and realistically is done for the playoffs barring a weak bubble IMHO. Road game after a physical emotionally draining loss at home is a tough way to have to bounce back.

WIU

Likely another close game, because the Leathernecks don't know how to do anything different. WIU generally starts quick and thats what you need to do against a bad team unlike SDSU pulled last week. Could be the first one in a while that WIU makes look easy though if they come out ready to play from the kick.

SDSU

Angry Jacks at home. Wouldn't be surprised to see a slow start ala Montana last year after losing their chance at a seed, but Wieneke and Goedert decide they should use both hands on the football when its colder out and Jacks end up cruising.

USD

Wouldn't be shocked at a USeD loss here, but I see them rallying to try to save their playoff dreams.

NDSU

Similar game to UNI. YSU is basically UNI that had an easy OOC schedule. Great defense, zero offense, zero pass. Wildly one dimensional does not make for a good recipe against the Bison in Fargo. Bison win 14-9.

It's going to be 60 in Brookings on Saturday so not the usual November home game.

ST_Lawson
October 31st, 2016, 03:49 PM
Northern Iowa - Bison defense was too good for the talented but young UNI offense. I think they get things back together against the trees.
Western Illinois - longest-played rivalry for Western (next year will be the 100th meeting), at home. It'll be close...because they all are...because I think they want me to have a heart attack this season, but WIU will pull out the comeback victory by...idk...1 point on a last second safety or some crazy crap like that. You'll find me passed out at the bottom of the Hanson Field east side bleachers.
South Dakota State - oooooh....dey gonna be pissed. I think it'll be a rout...a la UNI over MSU-style.
South Dakota - USD can be good, but they can also shoot themselves in the foot and let good teams back in the game (this is something I became very familiar with over the last few years...ISUr and NDSU fans might remember their last trips to WIU two years ago...might have something to do with the coaching staff ;) ). Luckily for the Coyotes, SIU isn't a good team. USD gets ahead early, and is able to hold off their opponent this time.
North Dakota State - YSU is good, but I don't think they're quite as good as their record seems to indicate. Their defense is really good, just like UNI's is, but their offense is nonexistent. I think it's a low scoring slugfest, but NDSU puts points on the board, the YSU offense....probably not so much. Anyone know what the over/under on total points scored is set at for this one?....maybe 6.5? (right? don't they always do a 1/2 point so you can't "tie" it?)

bonarae
November 1st, 2016, 06:46 AM

POD Knows
November 1st, 2016, 07:49 AM
12pm Northern Iowa at Indiana State-ESPN3 I don't think I have picked UNI correctly all year but UNI in this one, book it

Paladin1aa
November 1st, 2016, 12:50 PM
While there might be an upset or two, I'm picking easily the best team of the two ,each game, thus..............

UNI
WIU
SDSU
USD
NDSU

MR. CHICKEN
November 4th, 2016, 08:33 AM
NORFFERN IOWA.........CLENZ PULLS ROPE FROM BACKYARD ELM.....AS PANTHERS....CLIMB UP DUH SYCAMORE...............BRAWK!
WESTERN ILLINOIS......REDMEN...LEAVE NORMAL..........GET LUNCH....IN ABNORMAL..........AWK!
SOUFF DAKOTA STATE...SHOVE IT UP "DUH BEARS" [email protected] RANCH...............DOODLE-DOO!
SOUFF DAKOTA ..............SALUKI FANS......TURTLE WAX...DUH TRACTORS.......NUFFIN' ELSE HAPPENIN'....IN....CARBONDALE........ER.....AWK!
NORFF DAKOTAH STATE.....'GUINS.....GROUND-POUNDERS......FIND FARGO....TERRAIN.....TOUGH SLEDDIN'......BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!

Trumpster
November 4th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
South Dakota State
South Dakota
North Dakota State

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Northern Iowa
Western Illinois
South Dakota State
South Dakota
North Dakota State

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 04:31 PM
UNI
WIU
SDSU
SIU
NDSU

Yotes21
November 4th, 2016, 05:25 PM
UNI
WIU
SDSU
USD
NDSU

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I started to become superstitious with these picks. I would pick the worst possible outcome for SDSU each week (SDSU losing,USD winning, etc) After doing this SDSU went on a hot streak, WIU, SIU, NDSU, and YSU. Worked for 4 weeks but it certainly dropped my position . Now, that the streak is broken maybe I can now start picking SDSU to win.

Man you posted in here and missed making your picks. I am disappoint. xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk