PDA

View Full Version : NDSU to FBS

Stonewall D
October 27th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Has there been any serious discussion about the Bison making the move to FBS? Other less capable schools have been talking about it. Why not NDSU?

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Ask yourself two questions.....where would they go, and how stable is that conference (translation: do they shop for new FCS members).

This has been discussed way too many times.....it's a non starter due to geography and conference availability. The rest doesn't matter.

dewey
October 27th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Ask yourself two questions.....where would they go, and how stable is that conference (translation: do they shop for new FCS members).

This has been discussed way too many times.....it's a non starter due to geography and conference availability. The rest doesn't matter.

PLUS Money...lots and lots of money.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Yep, what those guys said. Only way it happens is with one or (preferably) more regional partners going with them. For better or worse, the answer of the "Will NDSU go FBS?" question will be the same answer as it is for peer institutions like SDSU, UND, USD, Montana, Montana St, UNI, etc.

Anthony215
October 27th, 2016, 08:26 AM
No need to move up to FBS level and then have to pay the extra money for scholarship increases from 63 to 85, paying for a few more assistant coaches, increased traveling costs as they'd have to move all sports to a conference that sponsors FBS football and also they'd have to probably increase the seating in the stadium while hiking student tuition & fees to cover the more expensive athletic budget. Not worth the costs when you dominate and have a very very strong following and fan base at the FCS level. On the flip side I think JMU, Liberty and even Jacksonville State all could move up and retain a strong fan base while not increasing their traveling costs and contend in the Sun Belt/Conference USA/AAC.

BEAR
October 27th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Can we make this thread a sticky for future references? xlolx

Maybe make ONE thread and call it "??? school: moving up. Discuss here". xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Can we make this thread a sticky for future references? xlolx

Maybe make ONE thread and call it "??? school: moving up. Discuss here". xthumbsupx
Jesus wept. How is this coming up AGAIN?

Bucs2016
October 27th, 2016, 10:30 AM
I think the answer no one has mentioned....is a NEW conference in FBS that would include NDSU. Let's say....NDSU, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Boise St, BYU, and 3 or 4 other schools in that region.

It's inevitable that a Power 4 is going to emerge for the major programs. The Big 12 will collapse into them. I think the rest of D1 will eventually just become D1 without a separation, just like basketball. You'll have the D1 Power 4 conferences and then the rest of D1.

Theee Catrabbit
October 27th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Holy ****. can we just delete this ****ing thread?

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2016, 10:35 AM
I think the answer no one has mentioned....is a NEW conference in FBS that would include NDSU. Let's say....NDSU, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Boise St, BYU, and 3 or 4 other schools in that region.

It's inevitable that a Power 4 is going to emerge for the major programs. The Big 12 will collapse into them. I think the rest of D1 will eventually just become D1 without a separation, just like basketball. You'll have the D1 Power 4 conferences and then the rest of D1.

That's exactly what I did....on PS3. xlolx

Yote 53
October 27th, 2016, 10:37 AM

With the scenario you describe there, NDSU won't have to find a new conference home because the entire MVFC will move up to the "new 2nd" level.

Bison56
October 27th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Haven't I seen this somewhere before?xdeadhorsex

I have to say I am not surprised considering the tool who started the thread.

CappinHard
October 27th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Haven't I seen this somewhere before?xdeadhorsex

I have to say I am not surprised considering the tool who started the thread.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/179KI/shots-fired/image.jpg

Stonewall D
October 27th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Has NDSU commissioned any official study of a potential move?

BEAR
October 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Hey Ursus....can you put a filter on the thread created titles that include the words, "NDSU+move+up+FBS" so like a cuss word it stops it from being posted? xlolx

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2016, 11:53 AM

Has NDSU commissioned any official study of a potential move?

.............what changes?

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Search.

Use the damn Search.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Why doesn't Richmond go FBS?

Y'all could actually afford it.

Having a 2.3 Billion dollar endowment while NDSU is at 138 Million.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Theee Catrabbit
October 27th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Why doesn't AGS start it's own weekly sports magazine, like ESPN or SI? I think we could do it, with these hard hitting journalistic questions that are asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey is SHSU deserving of #1 by the way?

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Why doesn't AGS start it's own weekly sports magazine, like ESPN or SI? I think we could do it, with these hard hitting journalistic questions that are asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey is SHSU deserving of #1 by the way?

I laughed at this. I get what you are saying, but journalism and ESPN in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Theee Catrabbit
October 27th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I laughed at this. I get what you are saying, but journalism and ESPN in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Then you did understand exactly what I was saying. Have you ever listened to ESPN radio....they actually report on what the show prior to them said that day!!!!

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Then you did understand exactly what I was saying. Have you ever listened to ESPN radio....they actually report on what the show prior to them said that day!!!!

Or their "sources". They do not bring anything new to the situation. When every they report on "breaking news" they just rehash and then stick their PC Liberal spin on it and that annoys the hell out of me. That is why I generally use NBCSports. There are multiple reasons beyond the fact that they actually use journalism, and one the biggest is that they at least they talk about hockey and acknowledge that it is infinitely better than the "sport" (its not) known as basketball.

eSECpn or eTMZspn is what I call it now.

Bisonoline
October 27th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Has there been any serious discussion about the Bison making the move to FBS? Other less capable schools have been talking about it. Why not NDSU?

What an enlightening subject. What do you think?xwhistlexxdeadhorsex

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2016, 01:31 AM
PLUS Money...lots and lots of money.

Dewey

Georgia Southern doesn't have money yet they winged it....xdrunkyx

Lehigh'98
October 28th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Or their "sources". They do not bring anything new to the situation. When every they report on "breaking news" they just rehash and then stick their PC Liberal spin on it and that annoys the hell out of me. That is why I generally use NBCSports. There are multiple reasons beyond the fact that they actually use journalism, and one the biggest is that they at least they talk about hockey and acknowledge that it is infinitely better than the "sport" (its not) known as basketball.

eSECpn or eTMZspn is what I call it now.

Ratings suggest the opposite

VikingPSU
October 28th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Because NDSU would not dominate and the itch of the sand would not be diminished by all the drinking they do.