PDA

View Full Version : Southern Pigskin FCS Playoff Projections 2.0

Southern Pigskin
October 25th, 2016, 08:02 PM
http://www.southernpigskin.com/socon/fcs-playoff-projections-2.0/

WrenFGun
October 25th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Aside from having SHSU, Richmond and the Citadel ahead of NDSU, I think this is an accurate measure of the 24 teams that would currently be in the field if the season ended today.

BisonTru
October 25th, 2016, 08:38 PM
I see he's still throwing all the MVFC and Big Sky teams on the same side. This bracket is just east vs. west. Whoever comes out of the west blows up the championship game.

PaladinFan
October 25th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Aside from having SHSU, Richmond and the Citadel ahead of NDSU, I think this is an accurate measure of the 24 teams that would currently be in the field if the season ended today.

In all honesty, why not the Citadel?

They are undefeated this season. Since the first week of October last year, they have only lost twice, both to top 10 teams on the road (Chattanooga and Charleston Southern). Also beat a SEC program.

SU DOG
October 25th, 2016, 10:24 PM
That Girl of the Month - Kilee must surely be a grandmother by now.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 10:25 PM
I personally like it. I don't relish playing Cal Poly again, but I like it.

That said, its pretty bad. No way NDSU is a 5 seed, no way UND doesn't get fed to Fargo or Brookings, ect.

JSUSoutherner
October 25th, 2016, 10:48 PM
I've said it before already but if we win out we are at least a three seed. We won't go from #2 in the polls to #7 seeding with wins.

If we drop an OVC game we likely won't be seeded.

Twentysix
October 26th, 2016, 01:56 AM
I personally like it. I don't relish playing Cal Poly again, but I like it.

That said, its pretty bad. No way NDSU is a 5 seed, no way UND doesn't get fed to Fargo or Brookings, ect.

If UND is seeded that won't happen.

At 9-2 and big sky champion they have a pretty realistic shot at a 7 or 8 seed.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2016, 02:27 AM
If UND is seeded that won't happen.

At 9-2 and big sky champion they have a pretty realistic shot at a 7 or 8 seed.
Not above SDSU I wouldn't think. If SDSU finishes it off as I think they should then they have a case for a top 4 seed. Think it pretty likely that it does happen cuz MVFC has a good chance at 2 in the top four the way I see it with winouts.

If that happens there is almost no way UND avoids (not that they want to) those games. I've had a couple Tito's sips tonight though so I may totally retract all that tomorrow but for now I'm standing behind it like I married it. MVFC likely to get 3 and 4 seed....with winouts.

Let's make that a new word. Hashtag that **** tomorrow.