No idea what to expect in this one.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 01:05 PM
NDSU by 15

Or

UNI by 12

BisonTru
October 23rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
Dunne will get benched at halftime and Bailey will pull off the win. Then UNI will choke themselves out of the playoffs the following week.

TheKingpin28
October 23rd, 2016, 01:14 PM
I hope Farley finally pulled his head out of his ass, but alas, I do not think he will be able to until it is too late. I do not know why it has taken this long to get Dunne in, since supposedly he was beat out by Bailey, but that makes no sense. I know it was explained earlier by clenz, but how the hell did he win out of fall camp? The answers do not line up. NDSU will end up playing to their competition and will be a slug fest in the trenches, but if Dunne shows up like he did against MSU, NDSU will be up **** creek.

Christiank22
October 23rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
I can see one of 2 things. UNI wins or NDSU wins. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

UNI Pike
October 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
Would have to imagine that NDSU gets a better pass rush than the Bears mustered. That said, watching Dunne was almost always throwing in 2.5 - 3 seconds after the snap. Hell, he hit 10 different receivers including the TE. I didn't know you could throw to a TE - Farely said that was illegal.

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 02:18 PM
but how the hell did he win out of fall camp?
I doubt Dunne was ever given the opportunity to win the job out of fall camp.
No matter how good he may have performed in camp, Farley was dead set on Bailey being the starter.
Hopefully MF has finally seen the light, but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course, NDSU's defense will be a much much tougher test (even if their D isn't quite as stingy as it has been previous seasons) than Missouri State's for Dunne and the UNI offensive line.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2016, 02:22 PM
UNI by 3 TD's.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 02:24 PM
Would have to imagine that NDSU gets a better pass rush than the Bears mustered. That said, watching Dunne was almost always throwing in 2.5 - 3 seconds after the snap. Hell, he hit 10 different receivers including the TE. I didn't know you could throw to a TE - Farely said that was illegal.
That's the "crazy" part about it. We are used to Bailey holding the ball for 5 or 6 seconds running around with no true direction. Dunne allowed a pocket to form around him. Stepped up into the pocket, read the entire tree and got rid of the ball in the time Bailey would read the first route of the exact same tree.

There were plenty of down field routes, however, the number of drags, slants, flare, etc... giving Eli the check down was nuts.

Theory - They wanted to clear defensive backs and backers out to open space for Bailey to run if he wanted. Thus the only routes he was "allowed" to throw were down field. Dunne isn't nearly as mobile - it was odd watching a QB run and go double checking that I didn't hit the slow motion button on my tivo remote - so a better mix of routes was called.

Dunne doesn't throw a pretty spiral but he throws a damn nice pass.

BisonTru
October 23rd, 2016, 02:27 PM
Judging by the stats Dunne doesn't seem to be a running threat. Is that true?

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 02:32 PM
Judging by the stats Dunne doesn't seem to be a running threat. Is that true?

He is as much of a running threat as Bailey is a passing threat.

centennial
UNI by 3 TD's.
UNI by 4TD's.

UNI Pike
Dunne is no running threat when compared to Bailey. (Not many are, though).

However, I think that Dunne has the ability to run much like Alex Smith. One of the "unathletic" QBs that frustrates the hell of the defense by eluding the sack.

BTW - Dunne actually has 10 pounds on Bailey. It just doesn't look like it. Dunne is 6' 5", Bailey @ 6' 2"

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2016, 02:38 PM
UNI by 4TD's.

Are you including extra points or just the 6? I'm figuring 2 point conversions so 24 points.xlolx

centennial
October 23rd, 2016, 03:13 PM
Are you including extra points or just the 6? I'm figuring 2 point conversions so 24 points.xlolx

Makes complete sense.

TennBison
October 23rd, 2016, 04:27 PM
UNI by 4TD's.
NDSU is so scared that they don't even show up. UNI thinking it is a trick decides to play it safe on every play by taking a knee, which over time eventually ends up being a safety and NDSU wins 2-0 in a barn burner. NDSU defense (even though it isn't there) holds UNI to -189 yards. However, UNI does win the time of possession 60 minutes to 0 for the moral victory.

Bisonwinagn
October 23rd, 2016, 04:40 PM
Low scoring slug fest as usual around 17-13. Team that makes the least number of mistakes will win.

centennial
October 23rd, 2016, 04:44 PM
Did Farley install a stolen playbook from NDSU on the down low? Then show it against Missouri State just because he was desperate? Is he a complete crazy man? These are real questions.

TheKingpin28
October 23rd, 2016, 04:45 PM
I doubt Dunne was ever given the opportunity to win the job out of fall camp.
No matter how good he may have performed in camp, Farley was dead set on Bailey being the starter.
Hopefully MF has finally seen the light, but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course, NDSU's defense will be a much much tougher test (even if their D isn't quite as stingy as it has been previous seasons) than Missouri State's for Dunne and the UNI offensive line.

I just do not understand what Farley saw? Did he see Sawyer 2.0 and panic and stick with his 2 headed rushing attack and hope that the UNI D would lock down enough so they would only have to average 21-27pts a game and have the D stick it to the opposing offense.

UNI Pike
October 23rd, 2016, 05:06 PM
I don't know if this question can ever be answered. Dunne threw for over 8,000 yards in HS. It's not like this was his first rodeo.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 05:12 PM
I don't know if this question can ever be answered. Dunne threw for over 8,000 yards in HS. It's not like this was his first rodeo.

Also destroyed defenses in 2 spring games and practice every day

Gil Dobie
October 23rd, 2016, 05:22 PM
Also destroyed defenses in 2 spring games and practice every day

Big concern going against the young Bison D-Backs. Could be like playing a road game against EWU. First team to 44 wins.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 05:34 PM
Ok. What you wanr

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 05:53 PM
I just do not understand what Farley saw? Did he see Sawyer 2.0 and panic and stick with his 2 headed rushing attack and hope that the UNI D would lock down enough so they would only have to average 21-27pts a game and have the D stick it to the opposing offense.

I'm convinced that Farley became obsessed with the notion of running QBs after App State (and perhaps some of the FBS successes), and then repeatedly tried to find such players from JuCo or FBS transfers. Problem with that is that a truly "dual threat" player isn't going to end up at the FCS level.

And it wouldn't surprise me if he made some sort of promise to Bailey of getting the starting QB job to get him to transfer, which is why he stuck with him for so long even though it became quite obvious that that sort of offense wasn't going to cut it against the top FCS teams (at least not with what UNI has in place at other spots in the offense).

Bailey is a heck of an athlete with his running game, but I'm just not impressed with his throwing ability or field analysis/reads. And when a good defense can just key on the run game without much of a passing threat, the results become what we've seen from UNI the first half of this season.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 05:56 PM
If it was Richie Williams that pushed him over the edge why did he wait 5 seasons before playing one?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2016, 05:56 PM
UNI always plays NDSU tough.

This game will be a hard hitting game, like they always are.

Low scoring game. Either team could win.

YoUDeeMan
October 23rd, 2016, 06:22 PM
This game is for the national championship, isn't it?

BisonTru
October 23rd, 2016, 06:36 PM
I got a chance to watch some of the UNI game. My first impressions of Dunne.

- He's pretty much the exact opposite of Bailey
- Likes to throw deep and will throw 50/50 balls and give his guys a chance to make a play
- Seemed comfortable in the pocket although MSU rarely was able to apply much pressure
- Makes good decisions and seems comfortable reading a defense
- He isn't real mobile, and looks to pass the ball almost exclusively vs. pull down and run
- Arm strength seems average, and his delivery seems a little slow

All in all, for NDSU, I think they have to prepare for Bailey even though he most likely won't start, but he is still an injury away. For Dunne, I think the LBs and DEs can be more aggressive against the run considering the lack of QB run threat although UNI ran a lot of read option. I didn't see Dunne keep it once in what I watched tho. On the opposite end the secondary is going to have to give more respect towards the passing game especially the deep pass. There's going to be plenty of plays where it will come down to who makes the play. UNI's WR/TEs or the Bison Secondary. NDSU's pass rush should/needs to be better than the bears. Obviously the more pressure the better. How much of an effect it will have on Dunne is yet TBD.

I'd be shocked to see UNI put up any where near the points they did against MSU against the Bison. However, UNI's defense isn't going to give up many points either. I'd really like our chances against the young QB in the Fargodome with the noise to help hold disguised coverages. However, in the UNI-dome I think this game is a coin flip. Some big plays either way will probably determine this one, IMO.

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 07:05 PM
If it was Richie Williams that pushed him over the edge why did he wait 5 seasons before playing one?

1) he had Eric Sanders playing through 2007
2) Pat Grace ran quite a bit, at least early on
3) it wasn't just Richie Williams, but also the success that Armanti Edwards had
4) it's Farley

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 07:06 PM
I'd be shocked to see UNI put up the points they did against MSU against the Bison.
really going out on a limb with that one. haha.

POD Knows
October 23rd, 2016, 07:19 PM
This game is for the national championship, isn't it?

Yes, it is the De Facto National Championship game, as it is every year.

BisonFan02
October 23rd, 2016, 07:43 PM
This game is brought to you by Casey's breakfast pizza, cheetos, man honey, the number 6.93, and dank memes.

clenz
October 23rd, 2016, 08:32 PM
1) he had Eric Sanders playing through 2007
2) Pat Grace ran quite a bit, at least early on
3) it wasn't just Richie Williams, but also the success that Armanti Edwards had
4) it's Farley

Grace wasn't a dual threat QB. He was 6'2 260lbs. He moved well but is hardly a running QB.

If you want to go that route to back to Tracy Ham, who Farley played against.

Or Ricky Santos from New Hampshire. If Grace was a runner so was Santos.

Sanders has underrated mobility.

If he'd have stayed with with the Grace mold UNI would be much better off than we are.

TheKingpin28
October 23rd, 2016, 09:15 PM
So based off of all of this, it was the lack of breakfast pizza, not playing in a stadium, and Farley being Farley as to why Dunne and the Panthers fell behind early?

CappinHard
October 24th, 2016, 12:35 AM
if Dunne shows up like he did against MSU, NDSU will be up **** creek.

With or without a paddle? That's a game changer here. .

grizband
October 24th, 2016, 12:43 AM
This game is brought to you by Casey's breakfast pizza, cheetos, man honey, the number 6.93, and dank memes.
But no cops...

Daytripper
October 24th, 2016, 06:13 AM
UNI by 1.

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Someone replaced all the NDSU fans with McNeese fans I see.

Twentysix
October 24th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Go Bison! Keep the faith

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 08:23 AM
With or without a paddle? That's a game changer here. .

Oh for sure without a paddle. And to add insult to injury, Seth Green will commentate the game.

Trumpster
October 24th, 2016, 08:30 AM

What are you talking about, we're just making this wall in case it floods...

IBleedYellow
October 24th, 2016, 08:57 AM
I have little faith NDSU wins this one...

Before last Saturday I thought we'd have a chance, but Dunne is going to probably light us up.

Bison56
October 24th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Its going to be like a car crash, and I wont be able to look away.

F'N Hawks
October 24th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Its going to be like a car crash, and I wont be able to look away.

Like last night's Arizona/Seattle game.

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 09:44 AM
There's a lot of reasons that this game is worrisome as an NDSU fan:
1) UNI always plays NDSU tough.
2) NDSU is far from clicking on all cylinders (or maybe even half of its cylinders) right now.
3) UNI appears to have a QB who can throw the ball which is the biggest deficiency in the Bison defense this year.
4) UNI has their backs against the wall which always seems to bring out the best in them.

That said, due to these reasons, UNI fans are probably in the same boat. As in "it looks too good to be true that our 3-4 team will win this huge game so it must be too good to be true". I have no clue how it'll end up. My head tells me that UNI probably has a 60% chance to win this game but my heart tells me the Bison will find a way to win it ugly again. Regardless of the outcome, I think there will be a lot of white knuckles and facepalms on both sides this Saturday.

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Have you been watching NDSU games this year? If UNI plays like they did this Saturday it's going to be ugly for NDSU. Our pass defense is ****. Our offense has been ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEbN6Vnr1g8

POD Knows
October 24th, 2016, 09:48 AM
There's a lot of reasons that this game is worrisome as an NDSU fan:
1) UNI always plays NDSU tough.
2) NDSU is far from clicking on all cylinders (or maybe even half of its cylinders) right now.
3) UNI appears to have a QB who can throw the ball which is the biggest deficiency in the Bison defense this year.
4) UNI has their backs against the wall which always seems to bring out the best in them.

That said, due to these reasons, UNI fans are probably in the same boat. As in "it looks too good to be true that our 3-4 team will win this huge game so it must be too good to be true". I have no clue how it'll end up. My head tells me that UNI probably has a 60% chance to win this game but my heart tells me the Bison will find a way to win it ugly again. Regardless the outcome, I think there will be a lot of white knuckles and facepalms on both sides this Saturday.

Yea, and it is a V Twin

Professor Chaos
October 24th, 2016, 09:58 AM
One other note I'd make is neither of these teams is particularly adept at defending the pass. NDSU is 57th in the FCS in defensive pass efficiency at 126.78 and UNI is 49th at 122.45. However, both teams are very stout against the run. NDSU is 16th in the nation allowing 3.22 yards per rush and UNI is 12th allowing 3.12 yards per rush. Both teams are going to have to throw it in order to consistently move the chains.

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Have you been watching NDSU games this year? If UNI plays like they did this Saturday it's going to be ugly for NDSU. Our pass defense is ****. Our offense has been ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEbN6Vnr1g8

Let's be honest though NDSU is just a little bit better than MSU. I have a hard time believing we can do the same things to the NDSU defense we did to the Bears defense.

Although gotta love the Necessary Roughness reference.

Bison56
October 24th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Best pre game speech ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xceTClbhMGI

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khauvdb_f8A

This is a look inside the UNI locker room.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 11:40 AM
When UNI wins, are you guys going to rush the field again for fun?

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 11:42 AM
When UNI wins, are you guys going to rush the field again for fun?

Can you guys win 32 more games in a row before Saturday?

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Can you guys win 32 more games in a row before Saturday?

Signs point to no.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 12:29 PM
GO UNI!

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 12:48 PM
GO UNI!
Ah that's so cute.xlolx

UNI Pike
October 24th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Implications for a loss by either team?

If UNI loses, they will be playing for the opportunity to be on the playoff bubble for the remainder of the season.

If NDSU loses, I would guess a top two seed would be gone. Most likely would need to lose a third game to miss out on the playoff bye.

Is that a reasonable assessment?

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 01:49 PM

If UNI loses, they will be playing for the opportunity to be on the playoff bubble for the remainder of the season.

If NDSU loses, I would guess a top two seed would be gone. Most likely would need to lose a third game to miss out on the playoff bye.

For NDSU a loss brings into play the possibility of getting a lower seed than SDSU of the Jacks win out, which would get them sent to Brookings for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
October 24th, 2016, 01:51 PM
For NDSU a loss brings into play the possibility of getting a lower seed than SDSU of the Jacks win out, which would get them sent to Brookings for once.

The road to Frisco always goes thru Brookings, if you take the I-29 route. Might have to stop there on the way this year.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 01:54 PM
The road to Frisco always goes thru Brookings, if you take the I-29 route. Might have to stop there on the way this year.

BOOM! ROASTED! :D

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 01:55 PM
BOOM! ROASTED! :D

I'm going on to be posting from the burn unit for a bit after that xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 01:57 PM

I think with a loss UNI is out. I highly doubt they can get in at 6-5 even if there is a win over SDSU. We would only have two possibly three quality wins in SDSU and Iowa State and maybe WIU. There would only be one questionable loss with USD, but I still see it being hard if we lose another game to get in.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 01:57 PM
I'm going on to be posting from the burn unit for a bit after that xlolx

Ruby some man honey on it. xlolx

UNI Pike
October 24th, 2016, 02:04 PM
I think a loss for UNI would put them on the far outside edge of the bubble, needing a lot of help. Stranger things have happened.

That said, not wild about the general idea of 6-5 teams in the playoffs.

Mayville Bison
October 24th, 2016, 02:06 PM
NDSU by 15

Or

UNI by 12

Pretty much this. I'd like to see what both of these teams could do if they actually decided to play all 3 phases of the game for a full 4 quarters.

JSUSoutherner
October 24th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Like last night's Arizona/Seattle game.
The special teams, specifically.

centennial
October 24th, 2016, 03:00 PM
If NDSU can actually play a full game, I think we win. Problem is we it's a 2/5 chance that happens. Hopefully the law of averages can help this time around. Remember this QB is new to starting, and can't run. Then it will only take 1-2 quarters of stopping him to bring Bailey back out. In Farley I trust.

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Ruby some man honey on it. xlolx
This is where a bath bomb of dried man honey and something like rose pedals or something would come in handy

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 03:07 PM
If NDSU can actually play a full game, I think we win. Problem is we it's a 2/5 chance that happens. Hopefully the law of averages can help this time around. Remember this QB is new to starting, and can't run. Then it will only take 1-2 quarters of stopping him to bring Bailey back out. In Farley I trust.

I wouldn't put it past him to just start Bailey straight away this week. xcrazyxxdontknowxxdrunkyx

centennial
October 24th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't put it past him to just start Bailey straight away this week. xcrazyxxdontknowxxdrunkyx
Farley. Mad man or genius? It would be good trolling.

UNI Pike
October 24th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Farley. Mad man or genius? It would be good trolling.

I would nominate the answer to be YES.

Gary Busey would second that nomination. He thinks Farley is crazy.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 03:20 PM
This is where a bath bomb of dried man honey and something like rose pedals or something would come in handy
Y'all nasty AF. Go eat your cheetos man honey marshmallows.

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Y'all nasty AF. Go eat your cheetos man honey marshmallows.
I fail to see how that's gross.

Bath bombs are quite popular.

I wouldn't use one as I think taking a bath is hideously gross, but some people enjoy them

dewey
October 24th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Here is a Bison Media Blog preview of the NDSU vs. UNI game...the talk starts at about 3:30 mark.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-ndsu-heading-to-twin-cities-and-uni-preview/

Dewey

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 04:00 PM
For many reasons the group text I'm in with BF02, Thumper, and IBY is the strangest conversation I've ever had.

Talking about the game today was legitimately twilight zone

IBleedYellow
October 24th, 2016, 04:39 PM
For many reasons the group text I'm in with BF02, Thumper, and IBY is the strangest conversation I've ever had.

Talking about the game today was legitimately twilight zone
I couldn't tell who the NDSU and the UNI fans were.

Bf02 was doing a McNeese State level of sandbagging and Clenz was trying to use stats to make it look like NDSU was a good team.

It. Was. Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Bf02 was doing a McNeese State level of sandbagging and Clenz was trying to use stats to make it look like NDSU was a good team.

It. Was. Weird.

Made me feel dirty

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 04:44 PM

It. Was. Weird.

Not sandbagging.....it's called reality. xlolx

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 04:45 PM
So what what I was saying.

Start living in it.

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 04:46 PM
You guys are about a month late on your sandbagging efforts.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Made me feel sticky

FIFY

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 04:48 PM
FIFY
At this point I legitimately had to go read my post to make sure I didn't actually say that.

Our group text has ruined me.

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM

I thought we agreed that there is no McNeeseing it, ever. Even on the golf course. Except The POD, he can McNeese as much as he wants.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 05:06 PM
At this point I legitimately had to go read my post to make sure I didn't actually say that.

Our group text has ruined me.

Sorry we sullied ya Lil feller..... xlolx

centennial
October 24th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I thought we agreed that there is no McNeeseing it, ever. Even on the golf course. Except The POD, he can McNeese as much as he wants.

My sandbagging efforts have weakened. UNI 72 NDSU 4

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 06:12 PM
My sandbagging efforts have weakened. UNI 72 NDSU 4

Thats not sandbagging, thats just being honest.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2016, 07:09 PM
"You're good"
"No, we suck"
"You're good"
"No, we suck"
"You're good"
"No, we suck"

Getting tired of this "will they/won't they"...just f*** already ;)

UNI Pike
October 24th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I believe that anyone tuning can expect something on the order of last night's Cardinals v Seahawks game, except with worse kicking

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I believe that anyone tuning can expect something on the order of last night's Cardinals v Seahawks game, except with worse kicking

We haven't missed a FG since Dunne started at QB. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 08:12 PM

I was traveling back from Cabo so I didn't see, but we did miss a PAT according to the box score.

UNI Pike
October 24th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I was traveling back from Cabo so I didn't see, but we did miss a PAT according to the box score.
Think his leg was tired. Kicked as much as the rest of the season in one game.

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah well we haven't missed a FG since....**** nevermind.

But let's talk about punting......**** me

But seriously we lead all of FB in punt coverage.......

mainly because our punter can't get it over 35 yards.xbawlingx

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
...mainly because our punter can't get it over 35 yards.xbawlingx

Good point, I suppose you can't really "outkick your coverage" if you just can't kick.

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Figured UNI could use all the help they can get so I picked up some Casey's breakfast pizza this morning.

dewey
October 25th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Figured UNI could use all the help they can get so I picked up some Casey's breakfast pizza this morning.

YOU SON OF A B! Just make sure no UNI player has any Caseys breakfast pizza this week...please:D

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2016, 09:53 AM
YOU SON OF A B! Just make sure no UNI player has any Caseys breakfast pizza this week...please:D

Dewey

Going to have it delivered to the UNI-Dome on Saturday morning as a breakfast treat for the boys.

dewey
October 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Going to have it delivered to the UNI-Dome on Saturday morning as a breakfast treat for the boys.

To the visitors locker room:D

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Make sure there's extra bacon on it... they won't be able hang onto the ball with those greasy fingers then.

dewey
October 25th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Here is NDSU head coach Chris Klieman's Monday (25 October 2016) press conference.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/coach-chris-kliemans-monday-press-conference-oct-24-2016

Dewey

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 01:37 PM

I can't believe I actually like their breakfast pizza. I now get two slices every Sunday for the trip home from the game.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I can't believe I actually like their breakfast pizza. I now get two slices every Sunday for the trip home from the game.
It really is stupid that a gas station has that good of pizza.

Theee Catrabbit
October 25th, 2016, 06:40 PM
It really is stupid that a gas station has that good of pizza.

the taco pizza....so good

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 07:03 PM
the taco pizza....so good

BBQ beef is solid as hell

clenz
October 25th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Nothing Caseys makes is bad. I don't get why people go "it's gas station good it can't be good."

Simply not true. Caseys is a restaurant set up inside a gas station

POD Knows
October 25th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Make sure there's extra bacon on it... they won't be able hang onto the ball with those greasy fingers then.

Oh, you don't have to ask for extra bacon, it is there, every time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2016, 08:18 PM
If the Bison get pressure on Dunne they win.

ES needs to take care of the ball....no INTs in Bison territory.

No reason to believe this game will not be close.

Theee Catrabbit
October 25th, 2016, 09:57 PM
If the Bison get pressure on Dunne they win.

ES needs to take care of the ball....no INTs in Bison territory.

No reason to believe this game will not be close.

Why are you interrupting our pizza talk with football?xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 09:59 PM

The fact that he isn't picking a 2 score NDSU win should be of note to AGS peeps. :D

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Best gas station food in universe - https://www.joeskc.com/pages/gas-station-restaurant

Btw, here the usual line

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/suge75/picture42798255/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/royals%20celebration%20110315%20pano%20x18

Bisonoline
October 25th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Best gas station food in universe - https://www.joeskc.com/pages/gas-station-restaurant

Btw, here the usual line

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/suge75/picture42798255/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/royals%20celebration%20110315%20pano%20x18

Rudys in Frisco is the same concept. Not bad BBQ either.

JayJ79
October 25th, 2016, 11:36 PM
I heard they were going to load the tshirt blaster with Caseys Breakfast Pizza, but the bacon shrapnel caused too much collateral damage

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2016, 06:05 AM

Trying to derail it!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2016, 06:07 AM
The fact that he isn't picking a 2 score NDSU win should be of note to AGS peeps. :D

You and your pops making the trek to CF?

clenz
October 26th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I heard they were going to load the tshirt blaster with Caseys Breakfast Pizza, but the bacon shrapnel caused too much collateral damage
Given how poorly that thing is timed/run there will be one section to get pizza - the first section it drives past - and they'll spend the rest of the time trying to reload it.

dewey
October 26th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Here is a podcast UNI's "On Press Row".

Listen to this.

http://onpressrow.com/test/2016/10/2...-tavern-grill/ (http://onpressrow.com/test/2016/10/25/on-press-row-102416-presented-by-whiskey-road-tavern-grill/)

8:36 - 12:01 - Western Illinois Leatherneck sports writer pumping up UNI fans by saying they should have won the game.

26:39 - 35:25

41:26 - Till the end.

Dewey

Aeacos
October 26th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Given how poorly that thing is timed/run there will be one section to get pizza - the first section it drives past - and they'll spend the rest of the time trying to reload it.

Very true, it seems cool in theory but they just cannot operate it effectively. But I guess that fits with UNI's offense, sounds good but for some reasons just doesn't seem to work out

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2016, 08:23 AM
You and your pops making the trek to CF?

Nope. I'm not anyway.

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2016, 09:16 AM

Listen to this.

http://onpressrow.com/test/2016/10/2...-tavern-grill/ (http://onpressrow.com/test/2016/10/25/on-press-row-102416-presented-by-whiskey-road-tavern-grill/)

8:36 - 12:01 - Western Illinois Leatherneck sports writer pumping up UNI fans by saying they should have won the game.

Dewey

Just for clarification, not a writer, just a fan. I know LeatherCy from our forum...pretty knowledgable guy.

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2016, 09:56 AM

Listen to this.

Dewey

Should have won what game?

The Pud
October 26th, 2016, 09:58 AM
I am predicting an upset in this game. The Pod's prediction is as follows:

UNI 24
NDSU 21

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2016, 10:04 AM

I think he means that the caller was saying that Western should have won the NDSU game. I can kinda see his point, because we left a lot of points on the field (more than the score differential), but NDSU made some great plays to stop us, so...they won. Can't change that now, can't really say "should have" to make ourselves look better. We lost...it was by 8 points...it was close, and if we'd played better, we might have won, but we didn't. It is what it is.

Bison56
October 26th, 2016, 10:15 AM

UNI 24
NDSU 21

Good for you.xcoffeex

dewey
October 26th, 2016, 10:16 AM

ST_Lawson is right and the guy on the call in was a fan and not a sportswriter. I copied the text from Bisonville (my mistake). He felt WIU should have beaten NDSU last weekend.

Dewey

The Pud
October 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Good for you.xcoffeex

Thank you kindly ma'am.

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2016, 10:29 AM
ST_Lawson is right and the guy on the call in was a fan and not a sportswriter. I copied the text from Bisonville (my mistake). He felt WIU should have beaten NDSU last weekend.

Dewey

I was confused. I thought you were saying UNI should have won one of our games (or all xlolx).

I couldn't watch the game because the wi-fi where I was had issues. Seemed like a closer game than I expected.

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2016, 11:24 AM
I was confused. I thought you were saying UNI should have won one of our games (or all xlolx).

I couldn't watch the game because the wi-fi where I was had issues. Seemed like a closer game than I expected.

If you're bored waiting for this weekend's games and have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN, you can watch the replay of it here: http://www.espn.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2891132/

Just be aware...the commercials are WAY louder than the announcers, so if you have it turned way up to hear them, the commercials are going to be loud.

dewey
October 26th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Thank you kindly ma'am.

So we now have a "The POD" and we also have a "POD Knows"?

Good lord.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2016, 12:35 PM
If you're bored waiting for this weekend's games and have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN, you can watch the replay of it here: http://www.espn.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2891132/

Just be aware...the commercials are WAY louder than the announcers, so if you have it turned way up to hear them, the commercials are going to be loud.
It's on YouTube also. That way you don't have to sit through the same 4 commercials the whole game (or any commercials for that matter) or try to fast forward through them using the crappy ESPN3 interface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVLoRBIrAy8

Or the NDSU version of the broadcast (if you want to miss a few plays since they always come back late out of commercial breaks): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAHzGkvGIg

JayJ79
October 26th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Very true, it seems cool in theory but they just cannot operate it effectively. But I guess that fits with UNI's offense, sounds good but for some reasons just doesn't seem to work out

I think it is more of a design flaw than operator inefficiency. Personally, I've never been a big fan of the device. Its one of those things where the concept may seem cool, but the actual device is rather lame.

But since they (Deerys, I presume) already spent money to buy it, I suppose they'll keep using it.
Given the amount of time it takes to reload it, I do wish they would switch it up a bit.
1st/2nd quarter intermission, they should do what they currently do (fire one bunch of shirts into the NW corner, then as they reload, the rest of the west side doesn't really get much other than a few hand-tossed shirts), then they often get it reloaded in time to fire another bunch into the SE corner (often around the band section), with the rest of the east side not getting much.

However when it comes to the 3rd/4th quarter intermission, they should hold off on firing the first group until they get to about the middle of the west side (though not the SW corner, as that's where the visitor section is), then by the time they get it reloaded, they could do the next round into the middle of the east side (the main student section) or maybe the NE corner.

Of course, by the time the end of the 3rd quarter rolls around, the student section is often fairly empty. Maybe they should swap it so the students get shirts during the first half.

Big_Fan
October 27th, 2016, 08:09 AM
I have had Caseys. It isn't bad.

The best Pizza I have ever eaten may be from Grand Lucky Grocery Store in Jakarta Indonesia. It is insanely good. So. Much. Cheese.

Winterborn
October 27th, 2016, 08:14 AM
So we now have a "The POD" and we also have a "POD Knows"?

Good lord.

Dewey

I wonder if "POD Knows" "The POD"?.........

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5245/5371113650_e4d50e385d_b.jpg

Bison56
October 27th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I have had Caseys. It isn't bad.

The best Pizza I have ever eaten may be from Grand Lucky Grocery Store in Jakarta Indonesia. It is insanely good. So. Much. Cheese.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS83KUi3EAaNvt8_rZ9_Eerd614IR5Ft Tk2W3Ll3BqIsDnDFv2G (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.meme.am%2Finstance s%2F54959969.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstan ce%2F54959969&docid=fR50sDDkKhESWM&tbnid=o3FRzX2X3utQwM%3A&w=400&h=400&bih=985&biw=1920&ved=0ahUKEwjFxYabrfvPAhWJ2YMKHWQhCZ4QMwg7KBYwFg&iact=mrc&uact=8)

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I wonder if "POD Knows" "The POD"?.........

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5245/5371113650_e4d50e385d_b.jpg

I have a feeling they won't get along. Haven't seen him for a while tho....

Winterborn
October 27th, 2016, 12:24 PM

Didn't figure so, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. :D

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 12:35 PM

Strange that when one disappears the other shows up.....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V7JhIPzfGGg/U6rM7uj4VaI/AAAAAAAAAvk/Rt3dU6_Ijm8/s1600/2310364-batman_brucewayne15.jpg

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2016, 12:37 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V7JhIPzfGGg/U6rM7uj4VaI/AAAAAAAAAvk/Rt3dU6_Ijm8/s1600/2310364-batman_brucewayne15.jpg

I can confirm "The Pod" is not "POD Knows" xlolx

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I can confirm "The Pod" is not "POD Knows" xlolx

Pffft whatever Alfred

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Pffft whatever Alfred

xoutofrepx

deez_na
October 27th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Guys, I've missed a lot of the games this year and only caught bits and pieces but WTF is going on with the offensive play calling? Is that the problem or what? 2 straight games without points in the 2nd half shocks me with this team.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Guys, I've missed a lot of the games this year and only caught bits and pieces but WTF is going on with the offensive play calling? Is that the problem or what? 2 straight games without points in the 2nd half shocks me with this team.
Well, I'm probably the resident Polasek apologist here but to me it's been a lack of sharpness for the O-line and for the QB. Despite the fact that the rushing averages have actually been pretty good over the last few weeks they've really struggled to convert crucial 3rd and shorts by doing what the Bison should be able to do when they need a yard or 2... run the ball. To top that off Stick has been inconsistent with his accuracy. The RBs also had several opportunities against WIU where one broken tackle would've meant a huge gain but the WIU defenders, to their credit, did what they needed to do to get the ballcarrier down.

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2016, 01:13 PM

If it makes you feel any better we scored our first points in the 3rd quarter of a game just last week.

deez_na
October 27th, 2016, 01:15 PM
If it makes you feel any better we scored our first points in the 3rd quarter of a game just last week.

I maybe feel a tiny bit better now, thank you. However, this game scares me. UNI is always such a damn tough game. I have to say this is the best CFB match up in the FCS yearly. 2 of the most physical teams that always have a tough grind it out game. I just want home field throughout and another loss could possibly put a wrench on that.

X-Factor
October 27th, 2016, 01:27 PM
So, back to the pizza, when you go to Casey's do you need to pre-order at all or is everything set up in one of those hot trays? Can you get breakfast pizza after work, or only a.m.?

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2016, 01:29 PM
So, back to the pizza, when you go to Casey's do you need to pre-order at all or is everything set up in one of those hot trays? Can you get breakfast pizza after work, or only a.m.?

I have only ever seen the breakfast pizza in the morning. I would guess if you are ordering a whole pizza you would need to call in advance, but I normally just get a couple of pieces at a time so no need to call. In fact I just finished a couple of slices that I got for lunch today.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Just order a large and you've got breakfast for the next few days (or every meal for the next day) taken care of: https://caseys.quikorder.com/php/CASEYS/index.php?page=login

Use promo code 15017 through 11/30 to get $4 off a large specialty pizza when you order online.

dewey
October 27th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Well, I'm probably the resident Polasek apologist here but to me it's been a lack of sharpness for the O-line and for the QB. Despite the fact that the rushing averages have actually been pretty good over the last few weeks they've really struggled to convert crucial 3rd and shorts by doing what the Bison should be able to do when they need a yard or 2... run the ball. To top that off Stick has been inconsistent with his accuracy. The RBs also had several opportunities against WIU where one broken tackle would've meant a huge gain but the WIU defenders, to their credit, did what they needed to do to get the ballcarrier down.

^^^^This right here. The offense has been very good at times but not consistent at all. I also think the play calling from Polasek gets too conservative in the 2nd half. The crazy thing is what HC Klieman said that this team last year wasn't firing on all cylinders and this team is not yet either. I think the offense is getting better but they are just inconsistent still.

Like others have said UNI greatly concerns me and before the season started I thought we would lose at Iowa and possibly UNI. However I still think we win Saturday's game.

Dewey

The Pud
October 27th, 2016, 01:38 PM

UNI 24
NDSU 21

^^^^^this^^^^^^

dewey
October 27th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Here is a good podcast from Bison 1660 am (Bison Insiders Jeremy Jorgenson and Jeff Culhane) about the upcoming UNI game and an interview with UNI cover guy Gary Rima.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-wednesday-october-26-2016-full-show

Dewey

The Pud
October 27th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Here is a good podcast from Bison 1660 am (Bison Insiders Jeremy Jorgenson and Jeff Culhane) about the upcoming UNI game and an interview with UNI cover guy Gary Rima.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-wednesday-october-26-2016-full-show

Dewey

good stuff

Bison56
October 27th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Pffft whatever Alfred

xoutofrepx

POD Knows
October 27th, 2016, 02:38 PM

I have no idea who "The Pod" is, heard he was lurking around here someplace.

The Pud
October 27th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I have no idea who "The Pod" is, heard he was lurking around here someplace.

xthumbsupx

dewey
October 27th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Oh boy there is trouble in the pea pod.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2016, 03:21 PM
These posts are far too far apart for me to believe they aren't the same person. He could have easily logged out and back in under another name in that time period.

POD Knows
October 27th, 2016, 03:43 PM
These posts are far too far apart for me to believe they aren't the same person. He could have easily logged out and back in under another name in that time period.

I am not smart enough to do that, plus I only have one useable email address, some guy just ripped off my handle.

But he does have the NDSU/UNI score about right

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Oh boy there is trouble in the pea pod.

Dewey

Trouble in the pea patch.

This may or may not be a phrase Ive used during a night of drinking after going to check some corn. Possibly included falling.

BisonTru
October 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM

UNI 24
NDSU 21

Book it.

There, all fixed

neverobeyed
October 27th, 2016, 04:20 PM

Sigh ... the UNI-Dome game day experience in a nutshell. Some days I am simply happy to see that the damn garage door opened.

Since they added the camera of the players inside the tunnel, I have had fears of it malfunctioning and the entire dome crowd watching the video board in silence as Phil the facilities guy weaves hit way through the players and fires up a torch to cut through the door.

clenz
October 27th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Sigh ... the UNI-Dome game day experience in a nutshell. Some days I am simply happy to see that the damn garage door opened.

Since they added the camera of the players inside the tunnel, I have had fears of it malfunctioning and the entire dome crowd watching the video board in silence as Phil the facilities guy weaves hit way through the players and fires up a torch to cut through the door.
I hate to admit what happened the first time we used smoke for the intro a few years back. It's been fixed since then but the first go around was embarrassing.

JayJ79
October 27th, 2016, 09:34 PM

There was a FG in the Iowa State game. but nada in the third quarter of any of the other games prior to Missouri State

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2016, 08:22 AM
There was a FG in the Iowa State game. but nada in the third quarter of any of the other games prior to Missouri State

Wait we've made a field goal this season? Now I've heard it all...

dewey
October 28th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Here is a short video from WDAY's Dom Izzo on when everything changed.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-when-everything-changed-with-uni/

Correction for Dom Izzo...UNI lead NDSU 23-10 in the 2013 game before NDSU rallied in the 4th quarter to win 24-23.

Dewey

neverobeyed
October 28th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I hate to admit what happened the first time we used smoke for the intro a few years back. It's been fixed since then but the first go around was embarrassing.

Back in the day, there used to be more concerts in the UNI-Dome ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbi5Zegp55o

dewey
October 28th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Looks like UNI is trying to have a blackout for the NDSU game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23763&stc=1

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Looks like UNI is trying to have a blackout for the NDSU game.

It's their funeral :D

Bisonator
October 28th, 2016, 02:14 PM
That should make the NDSU fans stick out. xlolx

dewey
October 28th, 2016, 02:24 PM
That should make the NDSU fans stick out. xlolx

More than normalxlolx

Here is a podcast from Bison 1660 am with the Insiders (Jeremy Jorgenson and Jeff Culhane).
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-thursday-october-27th-full-show/recommended

Dewey

Daytripper
October 28th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Northern Iowa wins this game by 3 touchdowns. Bookmark this. Take it to the bank.

Bisonator
October 28th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Northern Iowa wins this game by 3 touchdowns. Bookmark this. Take it to the bank.
You're late we've already gone over this......xcoffeex

Daytripper
October 28th, 2016, 02:28 PM
You're late we've already gone over this......xcoffeex

My bad. I wasn't interested in reading through the entire thread.

Bisonator
October 28th, 2016, 02:30 PM
My bad. I wasn't interested in reading through the entire thread.
It was the 8th post. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I keep forgetting we even have a game. It's been so much fun here this week talking about Casey's Pizza and battling the new Sam Houston posters. I completely agree that trying a blackout against the opponent that brings the most visiting fans to the dome in a game that is not even sold out seems like a bad idea.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I plan on being black out by midway through the 2nd quarter.

BisonTru
October 28th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Cedar Falls/Waterloo - 14 Caseys
Fargo/Moorhead - 23 Caseys

:p:p:p:p:p:p

dewey
October 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I keep forgetting we even have a game. It's been so much fun here this week talking about Casey's Pizza and battling the new Sam Houston posters. I completely agree that trying a blackout against the opponent that brings the most visiting fans to the dome in a game that is not even sold out seems like a bad idea.

Agreed!

Let us get back to normal hostilities.

F UNI! Go Bison!:D

Dewey

clenz
October 28th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Black outs are never a good idea.
Nor are gold outs, white outs, pink outs, or any other stupid **** UNI has pulled.

Every single game should be a purple out. Period. Build around it. Make it the center of the marketing scheme.

dewey
October 28th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Nor are gold outs, white outs, pink outs, or any other stupid **** UNI has pulled.

Every single game should be a purple out. Period. Build around it. Make it the center of the marketing scheme.

Hey clenz any idea on how the attendance will be this week? It will look weird if the UNI dome is 1/2 to 2/3 full with the multi colored seats and yellow NDSU games.

Dewey

clenz
October 28th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Hey clenz any idea on how the attendance will be this week? It will look weird if the UNI dome is 1/2 to 2/3 full with the multi colored seats and yellow NDSU games.

Dewey

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2016, 04:24 PM

Have you checked UNITix or just guessing?

clenz
October 28th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Have you checked UNITix or just guessing?

I said 12

neverobeyed
October 28th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Marketing scheme ... whoa, slow down there, son ... let me get a pencil.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2016, 08:39 PM
My guess is 7K people there with 5K being Bizon fans. More like a green, red, blueish/purple and yellow out tomorrow.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2016, 09:17 PM
My guess is 7K people there with 5K being Bizon fans. More like a green, red, blueish/purple and yellow out tomorrow.

So you're saying there will be 7k total and only 2k of that will be UNI fans? xeyebrowx

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2016, 09:32 PM
A gold-out might work...just say that everyone wearing gold are Panther fans, so you only have to count the green-wearing Bison fans.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2016, 09:42 PM
A gold-out might work...just say that everyone wearing gold are Panther fans, so you only have to count the green-wearing Bison fans.

Any Bison fan not wearing green tomorrow is an idiot. (unless it's clearly a bison jersey, but still)

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Any Bison fan not wearing green tomorrow is an idiot. (unless it's clearly a bison jersey, but still)
They did do a gold out vs SDSU, which is dumber IMHO

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2016, 10:20 PM
They did do a gold out vs SDSU, which is dumber IMHO

I think that's smart. Makes any SDSU fan wearing yellow look like a Bison fan.

- - - Updated - - -

We should have done a green and gold out.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2016, 06:47 AM
So you're saying there will be 7k total and only 2k of that will be UNI fans? xeyebrowx

Sorry should have made that purple font for sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's smart. Makes any SDSU fan wearing yellow look like a Bison fan.

- - - Updated - - -

We should have done a green and gold out.

If I recall the Hawkeyes once did a green out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Bison 27-17

Hard hitting game, like they always are.

Stick needs to play well or the Bison will lose. If he throws INTs this game is over.

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Bison 27-17

Hard hitting game, like they always are.

Stick needs to play well or the Bison will lose. If he throws INTs this game is over.

Good assessment on Stick. I think the game is lower scoring though.

NDSU 20
UNI 10

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Good assessment on Stick. I think the game is lower scoring though.

NDSU 20
UNI 10

Dewey

Probably right about the score. After watching the team down in Macomb, Stick needs to play better. He made two really bad throws that resulted in INTs that almost cost them the game. He really needs to step it up IMO.....so do the WRs. The passing game needs to improve significantly if this team is going to do anything in the playoffs. Untimely penalties also really hurt. The OL needs to have a good game. Schult might abuse Connor today.

A good 4 quarter game would be nice to see out of the offense today.

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Probably right about the score. After watching the team down in Macomb, Stick needs to play better. He made two really bad throws that resulted in INTs that almost cost them the game. He really needs to step it up IMO.....so do the WRs. The passing game needs to improve significantly if this team is going to do anything in the playoffs. Untimely penalties also really hurt. The OL needs to have a good game. Schult might abuse Connor today.

A good 4 quarter game would be nice to see out of the offense today.

It will be a good test for Connor against an All American in Schult. It would be nice to see NDSU get some big plays from special teams. It makes me wonder if Dunne is a pocket passer that rarely moves because if he is NDSU will get to him.

It will be interesting to see how much Farley plays Bailey. Dunne had a fabulous game last week and should be the starter but Farley is crazy when it comes to the offense.

Plus one of UNI's playmaker on D iis out for the first half due to a targeting get call last week.

Ifor your an NDSU you need to listen to the podcasts from Bison 1660 am. Great stuff all week with The Insiders Jeremy Jorgenson and Jeff Culhane and the the Brakedown with Keith Brake.

Dewey

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about 5 things to know about UNI.

things-know-about-university-northern-iowa

Here is an articlexcellent from the Fargo Forum about there neighborhood no love lost between NDSU and UNI.

-theres-no-love-lost-between-two-programs

Dewey

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2016, 08:29 AM
I don't think there's anyway UNI scores 10 or less. Even if Bailey was QB.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict both teams finish with between 20 and 30 points and one team wins.

tomq04
October 29th, 2016, 08:47 AM
It seems like UNI has found a grove on offense...or at least played one good game. NDSU's defense has holes, and UNI is HUNGRY.

UNI 28-NDSU 18 in a big time upset.

semobison
October 29th, 2016, 09:56 AM
It seems like UNI has found a grove on offense...or at least played one good game. NDSU's defense has holes, and UNI is HUNGRY.

Most Bison fans wouldn't consider this an upset and certainly not "big time." 1-3 in The UNI dome since joining the Valley! This will be a typical NDSU-UNI game. Whoever can run the ball effectively will probably win.

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Most Bison fans wouldn't consider this an upset and certainly not "big time." 1-3 in The UNI dome since joining the Valley! This will be a typical NDSU-UNI game. Whoever can run the ball effectively will probably win.

Unless UNI chucks it all over the place. But then again that would probably equal run success.

semobison
October 29th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Unless UNI chucks it all over the place. But then again that would probably equal run success.

After last week, who knows? Can you say "Air Farley!" ......If NDSU is going to win in CF they have to be able to run the ball. In our 2012 win we ran for 176. In our three losses in CF we averaged 46 ypg on the ground.

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Whether you call it one or a top 5 team losing to a team with a losing record is definitely an upset.

milleniumkat
October 29th, 2016, 10:39 AM
UNI 41, Bison 20.

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

milleniumkat
October 29th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Let's go Purple Kats!!! Panthers primed for some home cookin'!! Break off Easton's Di**!!!

neverobeyed
October 29th, 2016, 10:54 AM

Watch heads explode when Farley sends Reggie Schulte out to lead the Panther offense to start the game.

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Let's go Purple Kats!!! Panthers primed for some home cookin'!! Break off Easton's Di**!!!

Is that a physical threat?

Btw, I am proud of you for branching out. xlolx

BisonFan02
October 29th, 2016, 11:25 AM
UNI beating NDSU today isn't an upset.....I would be pleasantly surprised if the Bison walk out of there with a win....but I wouldn't bet on it.

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 11:30 AM
UNI beating NDSU today isn't an upset.....I would be pleasantly surprised if the Bison walk out of there with a win....but I wouldn't bet on it.

As long as NDSU wins I am happy.

Dewey

Jackal
October 29th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Bison in a yawner. 21-10

Drblankstare
October 29th, 2016, 03:50 PM
I'll set the line at 3 PF total for the game

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2016, 04:12 PM
I'll set the line at 3 PF total for the game

I'll take the under.

Bisonwinagn
October 29th, 2016, 04:20 PM

I disagree on calling it an upset especially a big time one. 2 of NDSU's 3 journalists just picked UNI and I agree with them. I have UNI 20-13. Hoping Dunne will play and throw some picks or it could be a long day for NDSU. The Bison will have a hard time scoring.

PantherRob82
October 29th, 2016, 04:21 PM
I have a hard time picking us because of doubt in our coaching staff making smart decisions. If they run the offense they ran last week with Dunne and put Bailey somewhere on the field as rumored then I have a feeling we can win.

Thumper 76
October 29th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I disagree on calling it an upset especially a big time one. 2 of NDSU's 3 journalists just picked UNI and I agree with them. I have UNI 20-13. Hoping Dunne will play and throw some picks or it could be a long day for NDSU. The Bison will have a hard time scoring.
All that means is they are picking the upset. There is ZERO WAY that a top 5 team losing to a team with a losing record is not an upset.

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Fargo Forum's Jeff Kolpack reporting that Bailey isn't even dressed.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/792488024776937472

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2016, 05:56 PM
If it is true that Bailey isn't even dressed that is bad news. If something happens to Dunne I am not that confident in the backup behind him.

X-Factor
October 29th, 2016, 06:06 PM
The garage door makes me smile

BisonTru
October 29th, 2016, 06:08 PM
If it is true that Bailey isn't even dressed that is bad news. If something happens to Dunne I am not that confident in the backup behind him.

Who's behind him? Athletic or more pure pocket passer?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:12 PM
3 and out for the 1st series.....not a good start .....

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Just got back home from the State Historical Society of Minnesota and a friends house in St. Paul and I am way too worried about this game.

BigGoosie13
October 29th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Those white sleeves are terrible on the UNI's tops.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:23 PM
ES not throwing the ball to well so far....should have made that 3rd down throw

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Huge INT for the Bison!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Bison need a TD here!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 06:29 PM
YSU wins..

NDSU with a pick....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:31 PM
TD BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-0

Good to get up early

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Made 'em pay...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Bison OL getting a good push so far....needs to continue. Looks like the Bison can run the ball on UNI.

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I am not holding my breath since Farley will be Farley and find a way to come back against NDSU.

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 06:41 PM
God can our safeties look for the ball to get a pick.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:43 PM
God can our safeties look for the ball to get a pick.

Dewey

Grimsley should have had that.....needs to pay attention to where the ball is....xsmhx

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Grimsley should have had that.....needs to pay attention to where the ball is....xsmhx

Yep. Grimsley or Dempsey.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2016, 06:44 PM
UNI QB doing a good job surviving the pressure.

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Like others have said I like the push the NDSU offense is getting on the offensive line. Hopefully NDSU can stiffen and hold UNI to a field goal.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
October 29th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Roughing the passer.

Okay.

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Thats roughing the passer? Well then, welcome to the pussified college football game.

POD Knows
October 29th, 2016, 06:48 PM
****ty call on the roughing the passer

UNI Pike
October 29th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Time outs - smokem if ya got em

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Strap that helmet up Dunne. This ain't high school.

IBleedYellow
October 29th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Strap that helmet up Dunne. This ain't high school.
Yep.

That's all on him there.

TheKingpin28
Since he lost his helmet, does that mean roughing the passer again?

dewey
BOOM! Big sack by Ambrosius.

Boy did Dunne get smacked.

7-3 NDSU leads UNI early in the 2nd quarter.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Offense.....Put together a good drive!!!

xchinscratchx

X-Factor
October 29th, 2016, 06:54 PM
If Dunne keeps playing like this UNI may be forced to find their 3rd string. Kid is getting lit up every time he drops back.

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Good drive by UNI to answer the NDSU touchdown.

Dewey

UNI Pike
October 29th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Frazier's shoulder?

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Frazier's shoulder?

Good question. Looks like he was arching his back on the ground. Announcers thought maybe the ball forced him to get the wind knocked out.

Dewey

UNI Pike
October 29th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Landed on his shoulder, but think he was twisted up while having a pile of meat land on him

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 07:00 PM
ES...good pass...finally!!

dewey
October 29th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Good throw and catch. Stick to Urzendowski. 1st down Bison at 45.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 29th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Ndsu offense is completely
clueless. Totally unhinged. Lost

UNI Pike
October 29th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Lining up in the I formation on 3rd and 10? Guessing they would have shifted out of that?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Bison offense is really frustrating to watch....so inconsistent....

POD Knows
October 29th, 2016, 07:08 PM
This is the worst bison team I have seen since 2010
UNI sucks. Weak