October 22nd, 2016, 11:45 PM
This week's results:

ACU 52 UIW 27
SLU 37 HBU 3
UCA 22 Lamar 12
SHSU 38 Nicholls 21
McNeese 48 NWST 27

Surprise: ACU rolls.
OOPS: UCA's offense decided to take the game off.
No Surprise: McNeese bounces back. UCA's defense holds Lamar to 15 yards rushing.
Musical chairs: SLU moves up to Lamars spot in the standings.

This week's games:

UCA at SLU
HBU at Lamar
SFA at UIW
Nicholls at NWST
Texas Southern at SHSU
ACU at McNeese

My predictions:

UCA at SLU- Bears offense shows up. +14
HBU at Lamar- Cardinals roll by 21
SFA at UIW- Lumberjacks win by 14
Nicholls at NWST- Nicholls by 10
Texas Southern at SHSU- Sammy rolls 35
ACU at McNeese- McNeese by 14

Catatonic
October 23rd, 2016, 06:49 AM
"Surprise: ACU rolls"

ACU has some talent but we have not played disciplined football this year. Saturday we looked more like the team I thought we would be leading up to this year. Not ready to challenge anyone at the top of the conference but capable of dominating those at the bottom. Our problems are still there, which better teams will exploit, but it felt great to finally pick up a W, even a W over a team with 1 win.

We will be underdogs in two of our remaining 3 games. McNeese is straight ahead and we play resurgent SLU to close our season.

NW State will be a toss up. The Demons are experiencing as many woes as us. We get them at home in the last game ACU will play at the local high school stadium...assuming we have no delays in construction for our new on-campus stadium.

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2016, 07:22 AM
Hmmm NostraRevus with another week of perfection

BEAR
October 23rd, 2016, 08:12 AM
What does the book of REValations predict about Clamp Crank next year?

Katfan
October 23rd, 2016, 08:44 AM
UCA by 10
Lamar by 14
UIW by 3
Nichols by 14
SHSU by 35
ACU by 7

TheRevSFA
October 23rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
What does the book of REValations predict about Clamp Crank next year?

He will be around although if I ran the show he'd be fired

Daytripper
October 23rd, 2016, 09:13 AM
UCA at SLU - UCA by 24
HBU at Lamar - Lamar by 17
SFA at UIW - UIW by 3
Nicholls at NWST - Nicholls by 9
Texas Southern at SHSU - SHSU by 31
ACU at McNeese - McNeese by 14

BEAR
October 23rd, 2016, 11:21 AM
He will be around although if I ran the show he'd be fired

WTH? I thought Bear fans were jealous because he left for SFA!?

Honestly, his coaching days ended years before he left Conway. He did great with the former coach's players. The last two years HIS players hasn't panned out for a talent rich area like SFA. xlolxEven so, dont be surprised if SFA beats the Bears in two weeks.

LIONFAN07
October 23rd, 2016, 12:30 PM
The Lion defense is improving a lot week to week. You have to count all points but McNeese scored some points on short fields from Lion turnovers. SFA did the same and we threw a pick 6. So this can mislead on defensive play. I think this game Saturday will be a great great football game. Lions have played really good football at home under Roberts. It will be a 60 minute battle.

LIONFAN07
October 23rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
Also HBU isn't there yet by any means but I was amazed in their improvement in the last couple years.

Katfan
October 23rd, 2016, 01:19 PM
Also HBU isn't there yet by any means but I was amazed in their improvement in the last couple years.
If they keep improving like they did this year, I think they'll be a contender sooner than I would have ever thought before this year.

BEAR
October 23rd, 2016, 01:29 PM
The Lion defense is improving a lot week to week. You have to count all points but McNeese scored some points on short fields from Lion turnovers. SFA did the same and we threw a pick 6. So this can mislead on defensive play. I think this game Saturday will be a great great football game. Lions have played really good football at home under Roberts. It will be a 60 minute battle.

Good summary. I think the success of either team depends on the strength of the lines. UCA has all but shut down the running games of everyone they've faced. Our Oline is giving the QB time to throw but our offense is starting slow. Just too many variable game performances by our team to know how we will do. It will be a good one.

If we look at a common opponent, McNeese, SLU used a last second tipped hail mary to win while UCA won by 5 TDs against the Cowboys. But thats just one game.

McCowboys
October 23rd, 2016, 02:37 PM
Lamar lost its star running back Kade Harrington. Is it true they have also lost their starting quarterback for the year?

BEAR
October 23rd, 2016, 04:45 PM
Yep. Last I heard they did. Shoulder injury. They've had a rash of critical injuries lately.

LIONFAN07
October 23rd, 2016, 06:00 PM
Good summary. I think the success of either team depends on the strength of the lines. UCA has all but shut down the running games of everyone they've faced. Our Oline is giving the QB time to throw but our offense is starting slow. Just too many variable game performances by our team to know how we will do. It will be a good one.

If we look at a common opponent, McNeese, SLU used a last second tipped hail mary to win while UCA won by 5 TDs against the Cowboys. But thats just one game.

Well that is true. With that being said we probably don't have much of a chance. Maybe next year.

BEAR
October 23rd, 2016, 06:55 PM
Well that is true. With that being said we probably don't have much of a chance. Maybe next year.

xlolxNow I never said that! xlolx Our offense is bipolar. We never know who will show up. The McNeese offense or the Lamar offense.

Sammy94
October 23rd, 2016, 10:19 PM
[/QUOTE] Our offense is bipolar [/QUOTE]

much like our defense.

BEAR
October 24th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Our offense is bipolar [/QUOTE]

much like our defense.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing with the Sammy UCA game. I think it will be closer than last year but the Kats should win that one. Hate to be honest with myself but unless our offense shows some life and I mean soon, it won't matter how good our defense is if our offense can't score due to our own faults. You won't need to have an incredible defense.

Daytripper
October 24th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Our offense is bipolar

Here's the thing with the Sammy UCA game. I think it will be closer than last year but the Kats should win that one. Hate to be honest with myself but unless our offense shows some life and I mean soon, it won't matter how good our defense is if our offense can't score due to our own faults. You won't need to have an incredible defense.[/QUOTE]

Our defense is our weak link. I had high hopes early in the season. It seemed like the D had improved with Sherrod as the new coordinator. But recent showings have lessened my optimism. UCA will be able to score (a lot) on us.

Sammy94
October 24th, 2016, 09:15 AM
You won't need to have an incredible defense.

With our offense, it scores so fast at times our defense remains on the field most of the game. No matter how good your defense is and how much you substitute in and out, the defense will start to tire. Our run defense is very good but a passing team will give us some fits later on in games. IMO, if you are going to beat us, it will have to be through the air. If you notice in our games this year, we tend to jump out quickly and as the 2nd half wears on our defense softens and other teams start to score. Our mojo is to score lots of points early and it seems to have worked pretty well so far but that is just on weak, SLC foes so far just don't tell Georgia that, seems like they had their hands full with one of those. :D

Sammy94
October 24th, 2016, 09:19 AM
SLU by 3
Lamar by 7
SFA by 10
Nichols by 7
SHSU by 28
McNeese by 13

Spider from the North
October 24th, 2016, 09:24 AM
ACU
SLU
UCA
SHSU
McNeese

Sammy94
October 24th, 2016, 09:25 AM
SLU
UCA

They both can't win, neither can McNeese and ACU

BEAR
October 24th, 2016, 10:00 AM
They both can't win, neither can McNeese and ACU

He's hedging his bets...xlolx

McNeese72
October 24th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Our offense is bipolar

much like our defense.

Our whole team is bipolar. :)

Doc

Katfan
October 24th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Our offense is bipolar

Our whole team is bipolar. :)

Doc[/QUOTE]
Now that's a problem

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2016, 02:51 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/slc/slc-week-9-preview/

BEAR
October 24th, 2016, 03:04 PM

Well done Rev.

SLU loss could put a wrench in our plans but with 4 division I games left if we win 2 of them we are in with 8 division I wins IMO. SFA and Nicholls are winnable while Sam will be tough. A win Saturday and its all but locked up because the next possible playoff teams are SLU and Lamar..both of which UCA will have beaten. Saturday will be Division I win #7 if it happens.

Daytripper
October 24th, 2016, 03:08 PM

I agree with all except your Lumberjacks. Conque is in a death spiral. Charlie Strong will be available at the end of the season with about $5 million left. He might be looking for a less stressful project.

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I agree with all except your Lumberjacks. Conque is in a death spiral. Charlie Strong will be available at the end of the season with about $5 million left. He might be looking for a less stressful project.

I think we beat UIW, HBU, and SW State...lose to UCA..puts us at 6-5...solid performance.....

I hope to God they fire Conque.

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Well done Rev.

SLU loss could put a wrench in our plans but with 4 division I games left if we win 2 of them we are in with 8 division I wins IMO. SFA and Nicholls are winnable while Sam will be tough. A win Saturday and its all but locked up because the next possible playoff teams are SLU and Lamar..both of which UCA will have beaten. Saturday will be Division I win #7 if it happens.

Any loss hurts UCA...because Nicholls isn't a guaranteed win anymore and Sam..well...they're Sam.

I think UCA is a lock for a playoff, but it could be the difference between Thanksgiving weekend in Conway vs Thanksgiving weekend elsewhere.

Daytripper
October 24th, 2016, 03:11 PM
I think we beat UIW, HBU, and SW State...lose to UCA..puts us at 6-5...solid performance.....

I hope to God they fire Conque.

You guys just need to get it right this time. It is a much better football conference when you guys are consistently competitive. Your AD needs to dig deep into the piggy bank and make a legit hire.

TheRevSFA
October 24th, 2016, 03:13 PM
You guys just need to get it right this time. It is a much better football conference when you guys are consistently competitive. Your AD needs to dig deep into the piggy bank and make a legit hire.

There are some changes upcoming at SFA. There's a vote on implementing an athletics fee for students, which we do not have, and I think we are one of the only schools in SLC without it. That's an extra 3 million (estimated) a year for facilities. Gotta have better facilities to get better talent...

I hope Hill is smarter this time when it comes to coaches.

BEAR
October 24th, 2016, 04:01 PM
I hope Hill is smarter this time when it comes to coaches.

I was sure Crank was going to help you guys out because:
1. He's The Crank! He's the man!
2. He's got fertile Texas and Louisiana recruiting ground!
3. He can recruit those big 6'1" linemen!
4. He's got the $$$ and better facilities than UCA! Poor guy had it tough here!
5. His conference winning staff followed him there!

The reasons go on and on! What have you done to Clamp Crank???!!!!! xlolx

With going 7-4 last year, I'll be glad to "settle" for a home or road PLAYOFF game. Buuuuulieve me. xthumbsupx Our administration wouldn't put more than the minimum toward a bid anyway...they're cheap. I figured it would be a road game anyway.

Sammy94
October 24th, 2016, 04:51 PM
What have you done to Clamp Crank???!!!!! xlolx

He had a cute girlfriend in Arkansas, now he is stuck in Nac!!

McCowboys
October 25th, 2016, 07:32 AM
I appreciate very much your taking the time and effort to do this each week, Rev. It has certainly been a Jekyll & Hyde season for most of the SLC teams.
Sam Houston is doing as everyone expected. But I think it is SLU who is the hottest team and on a roll. I just picture the Lions with that man-eating grin on their faces. They (as usual) don't face the Bearkats in the regular season and seem to have their toughest conference games at home. Win out, and they finish no worse than second in conference and on a seven game winning streak and mostly a trip to the playoffs. In this "bipolar" year, though, who knows?

TheRevSFA
October 25th, 2016, 07:36 AM
I appreciate very much your taking the time and effort to do this each week, Rev. It has certainly been a Jekyll & Hyde season for most of the SLC teams.
Sam Houston is doing as everyone expected. But I think it is SLU who is the hottest team and on a roll. I just picture the Lions with that man-eating grin on their faces. They (as usual) don't face the Bearkats in the regular and seem to have their toughest games at home. Win out, and they finish no worse than second in conference and on a seven game winning streak and mostly a trip to the playoffs. In this "bipolar" year, though, who knows?

SLU is getting hot at just the right time. Their defense is pretty dangerous and Alo is a decent QB.

BEAR
October 25th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Never easy to win at Strawberry. Last year UCA survived SLU at Estes 21-16. But if I recall last year UCA had the second worst pass defense in the FCS and we had 1 QB who was hurt, Reed, who had to come back because our starter, Hildebrand was out with an injury. Hopefully that is different this year. xlolx

BEAR
October 25th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Any updates or injuries or whatever to report for SLC teams for this week?

katstrapper
October 25th, 2016, 09:41 AM
UCA at SLU - This is an interesting match up. UCA struggled with Lamar. Could the Lions pull an upset? Could, but not likely.

HBU at Lamar- Lamar will have to work for it, but should win this one.

SFA at UIW - TOSS UP. Both are in disarray.

Nicholls at NWST - Win on road for Colonels.

Texas Southern at SHSU - Kat back home and should take care of business pretty quick.

ACU at McNeese - ACU got a win last week and could give Cowboys trouble, but Pokes in a close one.

BEAR
October 25th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Coach Roberts for SLU says the starting QB is injured and is being evaluated this week to see if he can play.

I don't know what's worse for teams...knowing you have to face a good QB like SLU's OR not being able to practice plays because you don't know what QB will be in. It's hurt UCA in the past against ACU and this year against Lamar.

From what I could take from the coach Robert's interview, the backup is more than quality.

blackfordpu
October 25th, 2016, 11:50 PM
UCA at SLU - This is an interesting match up. ACU struggled with Lamar. Could the Lions pull an upset? Could, but not likely.

HBU at Lamar- Lamar will have to work for it, but should win this one.

SFA at UIW - TOSS UP. Both are in disarray.

Nicholls at NWST - Win on road for Colonels.

Texas Southern at SHSU - Kat back home and should take care of business pretty quick.

ACU at McNeese - ACU got a win last week and could give Cowboys trouble, but Pokes in a close one.

Yes SFA is struggling but they better beat UIW. They are still an upstart in the conference. Lose to them and the HC shouldn't even be allowed in the locker room at the end of the game.

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 08:58 AM
shsu is masking numerous nagging injuries. Have been for weeks.

TsU may be the weakest team the kats play. this was supposed to be a second bye week but the Tigers were added to give another D1 game with the last second D2 addition following the NMU bail out.

Very interested to see how the coaching staff handles this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
October 26th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Yes SFA is struggling but they better beat UIW. They are still an upstart in the conference. Lose to them and the HC shouldn't even be allowed in the locker room at the end of the game.

How many years does Conque have left on his deal? No way they buy him out.

katstrapper
October 26th, 2016, 09:22 AM
How many years does Conque have left on his deal? No way they buy him out.

I think he has two or three.

Daytripper
October 26th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I think he has two or three.

SFA is stuck with him, then. Two more years of mediocrity might completely deflate their fanbase worse than it already is.

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 10:32 AM
How does Sammy look without Briscoe? Is the backup suitable? No there is nothing more to that question than a scenario question. I ask because Lamar's backup was more than adequate. SFA appears to be struggling as shown by their record. Sometimes one guy can improve an offense...i.e. Cam Newton etc.

BamKat
October 26th, 2016, 10:34 AM
How does Sammy look without Briscoe? Is the backup suitable? No there is nothing more to that question than a scenario question. I ask because Lamar's backup was more than adequate. SFA appears to be struggling as shown by their record. Sometimes one guy can improve an offense...i.e. Cam Newton etc.

Freshman. Getting all the 4th quarter snaps to just hand off to rb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 10:34 AM
SFA is stuck with him, then. Two more years of mediocrity might completely deflate their fanbase worse than it already is.

Buy him out.....now. It can only go up from there. xnodx

Daytripper
October 26th, 2016, 10:35 AM

Our backup is Caleb Griffin, a true freshman. He has seen some pretty significant playing time in the blowouts, but hasn't thrown it a lot. He graduated high school early and participated in spring practice so he has more time in the system than a typical freshman. With the skill players we have, I think we would be okay with him behind center.

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Freshman. Getting all the 4th quarter snaps to just hand off to rb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they have plans to get his passing game more involved?

Daytripper
October 26th, 2016, 10:38 AM

I would hope so, but I don't think Keeler want to appear to run up the score in a blowout by have the backup quarterback slinging it all over the field.

And 247Sports had him as a 3-star recruit coming out of HS.

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 10:41 AM
What is the plan if Briscoe goes down? Put in a talented freshman QB that has only handed it off in blowout games? Or do you have another QB that has more experience? I ask because I don't want Sammy to put all its eggs in one basket. We need a good showing this year again in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I would hope so, but I don't think Keeler want to appear to run up the score in a blowout by have the backup quarterback slinging it all over the field.

That's true. Nice catch too.

The Pud
October 26th, 2016, 10:50 AM

Up here in New York I hear Stoney Brook was trying to get their hands on this QB......Griffen his name I believe? I have seen video of this kid, and he can throw that ball!!

Daytripper
October 26th, 2016, 11:20 AM
What is the plan if Briscoe goes down? Put in a talented freshman QB that has only handed it off in blowout games? Or do you have another QB that has more experience? I ask because I don't want Sammy to put all its eggs in one basket. We need a good showing this year again in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

We have 4 QBs on the team. One is a walkon that will never get a sniff. Then there is Briscoe and two true freshmen. That's it. So if Briscoe goes down for some reason, it will be Griffin.

Sammy94
October 26th, 2016, 11:34 AM
And have another 3-star on the way....

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-football-sam-houston-state-commitment-ty-brock-fcs-football

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 02:10 PM

Griffen looked good in practice and scrimmages if that tells you anything. lol. He has had no impact on a game that mattered, he did have one nice TD pass vs OPSU other than that, he's been a Victory formation statue. He's got talent but unproven. Basically what you would expect from the backup of the QB leading the nation and conference. Who knows.

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Up here in New York I hear Stoney Brook was trying to get their hands on this QB......Griffen his name I believe? I have seen video of this kid, and he can throw that ball!!

He's got a good delivery for a lefty.

Katfan
October 26th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I wish we would. I'd like to see him run the offense and make the throws in a game.

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 05:05 PM
oh i'm sure they have plans but when your up by four scores by half time it's hard to justify continuing to throw the rock with a rb group we have.

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 05:22 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161026/7b9987a7c0f82430bfae8b94969f6170.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161026/2a8c37e2c6921dcd4d78397fbf413c14.jpg

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 05:33 PM
why are you asking about our backup qb? is there something you'd like to share? Is there some sort of bounty we should know about?

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 05:49 PM
why are you asking about our backup qb? is there something you'd like to share? Is there some sort of bounty we should know about?

xlolx
There's a paranoid one in every bunch. xlolx

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 05:51 PM
xlolx
There's a paranoid one in every bunch. xlolx

Sorry. It's the drugs.

BEAR
October 26th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Sorry. It's the drugs.

If you reread my question I stated it was just a question for the sake of a hypothetical. We haven't heard anything about the #1 team in the nation's backup QB when the depth of the rest of the team is solid. No bounty. No hit. Just a question about who is backing up a QB that is excelling at his position. That's all.

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 06:06 PM
If you reread my question I stated it was just a question for the sake of a hypothetical. We haven't heard anything about the #1 team in the nation's backup QB when the depth of the rest of the team is solid. No bounty. No hit. Just a question about who is backing up a QB that is excelling at his position. That's all.

I know boss, i'm just messing with ya. Weak attempt at humor i know, i'll work on it.

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked all over your grave"

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 06:08 PM
To answer your ? more in depth, Griffen looked outstanding in spring and fall camp. He is far more mobile than Briscoe and may have a better arm truthfully, We will be in good hands one day with him at the helm, but in NO way is he ready to play any meaningful games at this point based on lack of reps.

Normally lefty QB's have a 3/4 delivery that lacks either touch or zip on his passes. They never have both, he has a more traditional delivery and imho has thrown the best deep ball of the year thus far. You can pull up the highlights vs OPSU, he came in and tossed a 40 yard td to another true freshman that was the most impressive throw thus far by either.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2016, 08:05 PM
UCA at SLU -7
HBU-14 at Lamar
SFA-24 at UIW
Nicholls -10 at NWST
Texas Southern at SHSU -42
ACU at McNeese - 17

Katfan
October 26th, 2016, 08:09 PM
UCA at SLU -7
HBU-14 at Lamar
SFA-24 at UIW
Nicholls -10 at NWST
ACU at McNeese - 17
wow calling for some upsets.

milleniumkat
October 26th, 2016, 08:37 PM
UCA at SLU -7
HBU-14 at Lamar
SFA-24 at UIW
Nicholls -10 at NWST
ACU at McNeese - 17

Loving the HBU pick, In with ya! Not sure about the SFA win tho.

McNeese75
October 26th, 2016, 08:40 PM
wow calling for some upsets.

SLU at home, Lamar limping, UIW is Jeckell & Hyde and I just can't go with Texas Southern :D

Catatonic
October 27th, 2016, 05:04 AM
UCA at SLU. The SLU season comeback effort comes to an abrupt end. UCA by 14. The Bears are that good.
HBU at Lamar HBU handles a banged up Lamar by 2
SFA at UIW. SFA by 7.
Nicholls at NWST. Ah them Last Chance U boys. Nicholls by 7
Texas Southern at SHSU. Sam by a passel of points. Let's say 31
ACU at McNeese. Cats lost by 2 last year in a game they should have won and want pay back.

milleniumkat
October 27th, 2016, 06:55 AM
I sat through the TSU vs Jackson State game replay last night.

We should cancel this game and pay back TSU for the times they have bailed on us.

They will be the weakest game on our schedule. My only concern is our guys getting hurt tripping over the broken off body parts....That is if they can even manage to make contact with our guys. They have the smallest LB corp i have ever seen.

I don't want our starters to play more than 1 quarter.

Katfan
October 27th, 2016, 07:33 AM
SLU at home, Lamar limping, UIW is Jeckell & Hyde and I just can't go with Texas Southern :D
I saw somewhere that they have a 4 % chance of winnings

McNeese75
October 27th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I just got home from Vegas yesterday. That 4 percent looks pretty good based on my luck there lol

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

BEAR
October 27th, 2016, 08:27 AM

http://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/cg_TpQ.jpg

Raven Maniac
October 27th, 2016, 08:29 AM
If they keep improving like they did this year, I think they'll be a contender sooner than I would have ever thought before this year.

In my opinion I think UIW is making the fastest improvement. They have built an impressive O line and have a decent QB and WR's. The typical FCS formula that gets you started. They don't quite have all the skill positions filled but I see where good work has been done. They also sit in a very good location.

TheRevSFA
October 27th, 2016, 08:31 AM
In my opinion I think UIW is making the fastest improvement. They have built an impressive O line and have a decent QB and WR's. The typical FCS formula that gets you started. They don't quite have all the skill positions filled but I see where good work has been done. They also sit in a very good location.

They have the money to fix up the facilities..they just need to do so. It'd be easy to recruit folks into school in San Antonio.

BEAR
October 27th, 2016, 08:32 AM

Well, so much for ....a chance...now SHSU has a 100% chance of winning....which makes me wonder is it really a "chance" if its 100%?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23753&stc=1

clutchcitykat
October 27th, 2016, 08:47 AM

That 4% you saw was a fan vote. They really have a 0% chance

TheRevSFA
October 27th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Am I looking at this correctly? SLU is favored to win by 2

No this is the Sam schedule. Sam is favored by 2 vs UCA

Katfan
October 27th, 2016, 08:51 AM
No this is the Sam schedule. Sam is favored by 2 vs UCA
Yeah thanks I realized that after I posted.

Sammy94
October 27th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Sam is favored by 2 vs UCA

Where can I make this bet?

Raven Maniac
October 27th, 2016, 09:26 AM

Katfan
October 27th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Where can I make this bet?
I don't think this a betting line. It is the result of the MASSEY ranking prediction. I expect if the game were today we would be favored by slightly more than 2 but not much.

The Pud
October 27th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Anyone know if Texas Southern is bringing their world famous marching band to Huntsville? I wish I lived in Texas to see Texas Southern's band, they can really jam out!

McNeeserocket
October 27th, 2016, 06:45 PM
UCA by 14
Lamar by 7
UIW by 10
Nicholls by 20
SHSU by 41
McNeese by 5

Serpentor
October 27th, 2016, 08:39 PM
The Bearkats will dominate the Tigers this weekend. THIS, I COMMAND!

McNeese75
October 28th, 2016, 10:02 AM
The Bearkats will dominate the Tigers this weekend. THIS, I COMMAND!

Ahhhhhhhh

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23759&stc=1

BEAR
October 28th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Talk about a bad situation for Sammy if UCA loses before they play...makes the whole conference weak and hurts their playoff spot potential.
If UCA wins out til Sammy then they should be ranked top 10 or so and a win against UCA would give Sammy more cred with the playoff committee.

Then again if UCA does lose Sammy pretty much wraps up the conference title.

Oh the dilemma of what to cheer for! xlolx

What say you Sammy fans?

Katfan
October 28th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Talk about a bad situation for Sammy if UCA loses before they play...makes the whole conference weak and hurts their playoff spot potential.
If UCA wins out til Sammy then they should be ranked top 10 or so and a win against UCA would give Sammy more cred with the playoff committee.

What say you Sammy fans?
I want both of us to win out and set up a winner take all conference final in Huntsville, but if one of can't, I hope it's you! Good luck!

Sammy94
October 28th, 2016, 11:20 AM

What say you Sammy fans?

If Sam remains #1 in the polls they will at worst have a #4 seed and most likely a top 2 seed. I don't think it matters what UCA does. Honestly if you do lose before then and we wrap up the conference title and an automatic bid I don't care where they put us in the field.

Daytripper
October 28th, 2016, 11:22 AM
If Sam remains #1 in the polls they will at worst have a #4 seed and most likely a top 2 seed. I don't think it matters what UCA does. Honestly if you do lose before then and we wrap up the conference title and an automatic bid I don't care where they put us in the field.

I do. Home field matters.

Sammy94
October 28th, 2016, 11:35 AM
I do. Home field matters.

I agree but I really think if we win out we will be playing at home most (if not all) of the time.

BEAR
October 28th, 2016, 11:41 AM
I posted on your board that we will be playing Sammy 3 times in the next 6 games.

Last game of the year.
Sammy gets a bye then plays UCA because of regionalization. Two times in a row for you guys.
4th game of next year's season.

That's 3 times in 6 games! xnodx

Daytripper
October 28th, 2016, 11:42 AM
I posted on your board that we will be playing Sammy 3 times in the next 6 games.

Last game of the year.
Sammy gets a bye then plays UCA because of regionalization.

That blows. Beating a team twice in a season is difficult enough. Beating them in back-to-back games is really tough.

TheRevSFA
October 28th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately we (the conference) are going to get screwed due to regionalization and it is something that we should expect.

The funny thing is, if Sam didn't get a seed and a bye, and SLU made the playoffs, they could technically play in the first round as they didn't play in the regular season.

I know it's not happening, just pointing out the folly of the FCS playoffs.

Sammy94
October 28th, 2016, 01:09 PM

Last game of the year.
Sammy gets a bye then plays UCA because of regionalization. Two times in a row for you guys.

This would mean UCA would have to win a playoff game first.

Serpentor
October 28th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhh

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23759&stc=1

Yes, I'm a bandwagon fan. And just to throw everyone off, I started liking the team before they were successful just to be sure. A brilliant plan, foiled by this meddling fake cowboy!

Daytripper
October 28th, 2016, 02:10 PM

What say you Sammy fans?

I'm rooting for UCA and SHSU to be undefeated in conference when they meet. If Sam wins that matchup, I think a high seed is in order and UCA is an at-large. If UCA wins, they get a seed and Sammy is an at-large and maybe a low seed. Two good teams in is good for the conference. SELA getting in would be at the expense of UCA and I am not for that. I think UCA can make some noise in the playoffs. SELA not so much.

BEAR
October 28th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I'm rooting for UCA and SHSU to be undefeated in conference when they meet. If Sam wins that matchup, I think a high seed is in order and UCA is an at-large. If UCA wins, they get a seed and Sammy is an at-large and maybe a low seed. Two good teams in is good for the conference. SELA getting in would be at the expense of UCA and I am not for that. I think UCA can make some noise in the playoffs. SELA not so much.

At that point UCA would be 9-2 with an FBS win, a loss to the #1 team in the nation, and a strange loss to what is now a good Samford team. But either way 9-2 and the committee can't deny us.

Daytripper
October 28th, 2016, 02:27 PM
At that point UCA would be 9-2 with an FBS win, a loss to the #1 team in the nation, and a strange loss to what is now a good Samford team. But either way 9-2 and the committee can't deny us.

That would be a good resume. In for sure, maybe a seed depending on how the rest of the top 10 shakes out.

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 06:16 PM

What say you Sammy fans?

I've been a Bear fan all year. It's lonely at the top.

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

MR. CHICKEN
October 28th, 2016, 07:11 PM
CENTRAL ARKANSAS
LAMAR
S.F. AUSTIN
NICHOLLS STATE
SAM HOUSTON STATE
MCNEESE STATE

BEAR
October 28th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I've been a Bear fan all year. It's lonely at the top.

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

Yeah, we know. xdrunkyx

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 09:57 PM
Yeah, we know. xdrunkyx

yessssss

BEAR
October 29th, 2016, 06:54 PM
UCA 45 at SLU 10
HBU at Lamar
SFA at UIW
Nicholls at NWST
Texas Southern at SHSU
ACU at McNeese

LIONFAN07
October 29th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I've seen a lot of games in Strawberry Stadium over the years. That UCA team was the best team I've seen us play in Hammond. That counts New Hampshire in National quarterfinals a few years ago. Also counts SFA in 2009. (Deep Playoff run) and SAM in 2011 (National RunnerUp). The fact they are only 18th is countryis a joke. Congrats to Bears. They will give Sam all they want.

I hate that the conference moved our game up to 2:30. Regularly scheduled for 7 o'clock. We have always struggled drawing for day games. Not to mention it was 90 degrees today. (Halloween weekend)

Anyway hope UCA and Sam make deep playoffs runs and hopefully they aren't having to play again week 2 in playoffs. Hope we can win last three. 7-4 is respectable.

BEAR
October 29th, 2016, 08:16 PM
I've seen a lot of games in Strawberry Stadium over the years. That UCA team was the best team I've seen us play in Hammond. That counts New Hampshire in National quarterfinals a few years ago. Also counts SFA in 2009. (Deep Playoff run) and SAM in 2011 (National RunnerUp). The fact they are only 18th is countryis a joke. Congrats to Bears. They will give Sam all they want.

I hate that the conference moved our game up to 2:30. Regularly scheduled for 7 o'clock. We have always struggled drawing for day games. Not to mention it was 90 degrees today. (Halloween weekend)

Anyway hope UCA and Sam make deep playoffs runs and hopefully they aren't having to play again week 2 in playoffs. Hope we can win last three. 7-4 is respectable.

SLU played a heck of a game. But it was obvious being a QB short that the Lions were struggling. UCAs defense took away the run game and the backup QB just couldnt get the pass game going. Thats a tough thing to watch and UCA was in that same spot just last year when SLU came to Estes and nearly beat the Bears when both of UCAs QBs were hurt. Good luck the rest of the year and lets hope the committee doesnt put the bears and bearkats in the same bracket so our conference can get a few more playoff spots next year.

Daytripper
October 29th, 2016, 10:03 PM
If SHSU and UCA both win out until the final game, regardless of the final result of that game I hope they both get a seed. It would suck if they have to meet in the second round.

Catatonic
October 30th, 2016, 05:49 AM

They are higher than 18th in my poll. I agree with you.

Serpentor
October 30th, 2016, 07:27 AM
UCA is definitely getting lowballed in the rankings, I think eventually they'll start to rise though, THIS, I COMMAND!

Daytripper
October 30th, 2016, 07:48 AM
They are higher than 18th in my poll. I agree with you.

I think I had them in the top 10 in my poll last week.

McNeese72
October 30th, 2016, 08:32 AM
UCA is good. We saw that first hand when they kicked our butts here.

McNeese72
October 30th, 2016, 08:34 AM
The UCA - Sam game is going to be interesting.

Catatonic
October 30th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I have them at 10
I think I had them in the top 10 in my poll last week.