PDA

View Full Version : FCS All-Star Team in BCS Champ Game

Cocky
January 9th, 2007, 06:55 AM
If you could make a team up of 85 players, of your choice, from CS, how often would you play for the BS championship?

NDSUFREAK
January 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I dont think very often if at all. The speed is so much different as a lot of people say with Florida and Ohio State.

appfan2008
January 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I believe the all american team from fcs would do very well in fbs
I dont think they would win the national title but 9-3 in a major conference for sure

Lionsrking
January 9th, 2007, 12:17 PM
If you could make a team up of 85 players, of your choice, from CS, how often would you play for the BS championship?

Probably not very often, if ever. The thing you have to look at just about every school that makes it to the BCS championship game is loaded with high round NFL draft choices. Given that there are very few high round choices in I-AA period, I'm not sure you could field a team as talented as USC, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, etc.. That's not to say you couldn't field a team of "good football players" who could compete but the odds would be long of winning a championship IMO.

KAUMASS
January 9th, 2007, 05:38 PM
From a talent standpoint, it would be a close game with an edge to CS due to the extra 23 scholies we would have for special teamsand depth..that is the biggest killer when CS plays BS teams..CS teams are forced to play starters in special teams and do not get to rotate starters every couple of series for breathers due to depth issues...however, this is a hypothetical question and can never be proven..Western Carolina got creamed by Florida this year, but had a respectable first quarter. Florida scored touchdowns at the 10:00 and 2:00 marks in the first quarter, not bad if you think about it..Western was ranked 208 in the power rankings in all of BS and CS combined, and were probably ranked somewhere around 80th in CS. Western got a great payday and their kids got to play in front of 90,000, which I'm sure they will never forget, regardless of the score.
A top FCS school this year against a Florida type team probably would have been able to hang for 3 quarters and be within 2-3 touchdowns with some breaks..After watching Appalachian State beat UMass in Chatty this year, if either of those two teams had another 23 scholies, UMass would have beaten Navy by 30 points and Appalachian would have beaten NC State by 30 as well. Heck, the more I think about it, if I took an all star team from Montana, UMass, Appalachian and Youngstown this year and had the best 85 kids from those teams, they would give anyone in the country a run for their money.

BigApp
January 9th, 2007, 06:19 PM
the speed at the skill positions on an FBS team would make it very difficult for an FCS team to compete consistently

NoSpinZone
January 9th, 2007, 06:52 PM
the speed at the skill positions on an FBS team would make it very difficult for an FCS team to compete consistently

The lines are the biggest differences in the different levels. Coach after coach will tell you that. They are the hardest to recruit and where there are the least available of 6-6 310lb guys of solid muscle with speed and agility.

BigApp
January 10th, 2007, 02:49 PM
yep, the linemen are bigger too, you're right

youwouldno
January 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
The FCS team would be very good but I don't know about winning the title. The problem isn't speed or size in particular, just the number of superstars a team like Florida has. There are plenty of NFL prospects in the FCS, but not really 1st or 2nd round type guys. It's hard to say but the FCS team would be very deep and have no real weaknesses.