PDA

View Full Version : JMU @ UNH Game Thread

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Not sure why other UNH fans have so much confidence. Despite this being a home game for UNH, which has been a house of horrors for our southern CAA brethren, I think JMU wins this by at least 3 scores.

KPSUL
October 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Not sure why other UNH fans have so much confidence. Despite this being a home game for UNH, which has been a house of horrors for our southern CAA brethren, I think JMU wins this by at least 3 scores.
Two field goals and a safety!

flyrod
October 14th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Two field goals and a safety!

Still a Win and We will take it!

Doesn't have to be pretty and even better if you get out of there unscathed (Healthy)

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2016, 12:27 PM
JMU is only 6 point favorites. I think we've lost three straight to UNH and haven't won up there since 2006, haven't beaten UNH at all since 2007. It's a road game and for whatever reason we haven't played well in New England, probably due to the inconvenient travel and one former player even said the smaller crowds actually does affect their focus to some degree.

UNH is always that team that can never really go down completely, as evidenced by the 12 (?) straight playoff appearances. Definitely not a guaranteed win for JMU or even a comfortable win.

Terry2889
October 14th, 2016, 12:38 PM
I'm confidant that something stupid will happen to either:

A- Get UNH beat worse than it should be

B- Get JMU beat by a team it should beat easily

C- Further prove that the CAA is at best the third best conference in the FCS : (

KPSUL
October 14th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I'm still thinking a good game that's not decided until the last couple possessions. UNH gets a big home field advantage, and a small edge on defense. JMU has a very big edge on offense. Again, UNH will need JMU to make more turnovers, or mistakes; which the Mike Houston led Dukes team hasn't done yet. Neither team has beaten an opponent that currently has a winning record, so either team, or both teams, may be in for an awakening.

KPSUL
October 14th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Still a Win and We will take it!

Doesn't have to be pretty and even better if you get out of there unscathed (Healthy)

You have more chance winning pretty than getting out of Durham without any injuries. Coach Mac will have his guys fired up and flying to the ball!

Schism55
October 14th, 2016, 01:56 PM
You sandbaggin' sum'bitch!! :D
History definitely favors UNH. Like the home dogs here.

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2016, 01:58 PM
You sandbaggin' sum'bitch!! :D
History definitely favors UNH. Like the home dogs here.

Its like waiting for a snowday growing up. If you pretend the night before its not possible, you wake up easily surprised!

UNHWildcat18
October 14th, 2016, 02:01 PM
My guess is UNH wins by 3-7 points late in the 4th, this is done by winning the turnover and field position battle. (Richmond 2015)

OR JMU wins by 14-21 points with no real threat of losing.

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2016, 02:39 PM
UNH has played really, really well at home over the past years. Richmond was a far, far better team than UNH and we knocked them off last year.

The reasons I think it will be close? UNH has done a real nice job against the run, most notably really controlling one of the best backs in the country from SDSU. JMU's defense is small and not very good, IMO. I think UNH can move the ball and I think UNH has shown some acumen for stopping the run.

If Schor beats them in the air, it will be a long day. I'm sure both teams know that's what's coming.

Gangtackle11
October 14th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I'm confidant that something stupid will happen to either:

A- Get UNH beat worse than it should be

B- Get JMU beat by a team it should beat easily

C- Further prove that the CAA is at best the third best conference in the FCS : (

Interesting take with C. CAA has got a shot at Albany, Richmond, JMU, UNH, & Nova at 8+ wins with Stony Brook looking at 7. That's not a bad showing.

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2016, 03:32 PM
IMO, Richmond, JMU and Nova are the best three teams in the conference. Whether UNH, Albany or Stony Brook can establish themselves at the end of the season will be telling.

Terry2889
October 14th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Interesting take with C. CAA has got a shot at Albany, Richmond, JMU, UNH, & Nova at 8+ wins with Stony Brook looking at 7. That's not a bad showing.

Yeah... But I don't believe from what I've seen that any of us has any chance of advancing deep into the playoffs. It just seems like the talent level is going to take a year or two to get back to where it used to be.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2016, 09:58 AM
BEAUTIFUL day here in NH! National TV game! Hopefully a packed house!

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2016, 10:03 AM
BEAUTIFUL day here in NH! National TV game! Hopefully a packed house!

xhypedx......JES WAITIN'.............ON HIGH-NOON LADS........COME OUT SWINGIN'........xhypedx.............BRAWK!

veinup
October 15th, 2016, 10:52 AM
edit: nevermind

go dukez

Schism55
October 15th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Sucks there is no tv/video of this game.

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2016, 11:42 AM
This is UNH's YouTube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k_x51bbU4Q

VUCats02
October 15th, 2016, 11:43 AM
There is video of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/user/UNHAthletics/live

Schism55
October 15th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Youtube, seriously? Haha that's great xthumbsupx
Thanks for the knowledge.

StrikeJMU
October 15th, 2016, 11:47 AM
JMU- 14
UNH- 0
2nd

Nice TD throw by Schor.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Sucks there is no tv/video of this game.

TV Clearance list:
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/caasports.com/documents/2016/10/14/2016_TV_Weekly_Clearances.pdf?id=3152

It's not on TV in CO, so that UNH stream on youtube is your only option unfortunately.

Schism55
October 15th, 2016, 11:53 AM
TV Clearance list:
http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/caasports.com/documents/2016/10/14/2016_TV_Weekly_Clearances.pdf?id=3152

It's not on TV in CO, so that UNH stream on youtube is your only option unfortunately.
Youtube stream is just fine. Good work by UNH tv crew.

VUCats02
October 15th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Very nice drive there although Schor taking a lot of hits.

StrikeJMU
JMU- 21
UNH- 6
7:30 2nd

Might be a career day for Schor.

Daytripper

Youtube football should be a thing for every game that is not on TV.

Grizalltheway
October 15th, 2016, 12:10 PM

Yep. Got it on the Chromecast right meow.

kdinva
October 15th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Youtube football should be a thing for every game that is not on TV.

xthumbsupx

Terry2889
October 15th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Neither of these teams can cover the forward pass..... Its kinda embarrassing. I stand by my earlier assessment, If JMU is the best team in the CAA, then the CAA is really not very good this year.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 12:30 PM
What a terrible call no guts to make the right one clearly he fumbled.

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2016, 12:38 PM
If his arm is moving forward and the ball comes out, it's a pass. Not a great rules (particularly in that situation where you're making the determination that he was about to do something illegal by passing it there), but it's the rule.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Refs made the correct call by rule. Sorry UNH fans.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 12:41 PM
If his arm is moving forward and the ball comes out, it's a pass. Not a great rules (particularly in that situation where you're making the determination that he was about to do something illegal by passing it there), but it's the rule.

That's a homer answer, sorry. Tell me who was he passing to a bug on the field? Secondly he was over the line of scrimmage, if he does that 30 yards down the field is it still a forward pass?

- - - Updated - - -

Refs made the correct call by rule. Sorry UNH fans.

Yeah homer, expected.

Terry2889
October 15th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Here's an interesting question. What happens if he does the same thing 5 yards down the field? Is it a fumble or is it an illegal forward pass? The only reason I ask is because he was roughly 3 yards past the LOS when that happened.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Here's an interesting question. What happens if he does the same thing 5 yards down the field? Is it a fumble or is it an illegal forward pass? The only reason I ask is because he was roughly 3 yards past the LOS when that happened.

Exactly where is the line drawn, its drawn at the line of scrimmage. Behind line of scrimmage passer, over line of scrimmage runner. It was a fumble, bad call. Doesn't change the call but it was not correct.

Terry2889
October 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
If we had a more efficient redone offense we would be right in this game. Second half adjustments will be interesting. We get the ball and if we can convert a TD we have ourselves a game. Either way, I actually think our young guys have played pretty well today and if we can be competitive in the second half I believe it will be a confidence booster.

CaryNCDuke
October 15th, 2016, 12:48 PM
We about to pull out boxing gloves on that rule... It probably needs to be rewritten.

Also 2 4th down attempts in the 1st quarter. Do you all not have a field goal kicker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

veinup
October 15th, 2016, 12:48 PM
seemed like a fumblerooskie to me. bummer for UNH.

CaryNCDuke
October 15th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Assuming your kicker does not have a lot of range. Forced to take a field goal. 21 12 JMU

mcveyrl
October 15th, 2016, 01:03 PM
This is the NCAA Rule on Forward Passes - the rules favor calling it a pass over a fumble. A pass is a pass no matter where it happens on the field. The location of the pass determines whether it's a penalty. I'm not telling you it's a good rule - there should be exceptions so that the ref can make a judgment call, but there's nothing in the rule that allows the ref that discretion.

When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward theneutral zone, any intentional forward movement of his hand or armwith the ball firmly in his control starts the forward pass. If a Team Bplayer contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins andthe ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless ofwhere the ball strikes the ground or a player (A.R. 2-19-2-I).

. When in question, the ball is passed and not fumbled during anattempted forward pass.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM
At what point does UNH's Def Coord realize that we're also beating him with the pass and he may not want to stack the box so much?

Terry2889
October 15th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Terrible 3rd down defense by UNH today. In other news, Albany seems to be crashing back down to earth in Orono today.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 01:14 PM
At what point does UNH's Def Coord realize that we're also beating him with the pass and he may not want to stack the box so much?

Our Def Coordinator has trouble making adjustments, that said that was terrible tackling on that last touchdown.

CaryNCDuke
October 15th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Our Def Coordinator has trouble making adjustments, that said that was terrible tackling on that last touchdown.

Biting hard on play action. I remember the pain of no adjustments the past few years for us.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Statement Win. Are you all still doubting the Dukes?

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
October 15th, 2016, 01:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think we are appropriately ranked around 5/6/7 but I still see enough that worries that me that makes me think we will have serious difficulties competing against the Top 5 teams.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 02:07 PM
For the UNH fans crying about the incorrect incomplete pass call earlier that was thought to be a fumble, the refs just screwed up twice and give UNH a fumble they shouldn't have had. Replay showed Schor was down but they gave it to UNH anyways.

I'd say we're even now. And you even got to score on that drive.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 02:26 PM

Dukes are very good, deserved win. That said this is a rebuilding year for us so I'm not sure how far JMU will go. Defense is fast but makes mistakes that I think they will need to eliminate to get to the Championship level.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2016, 02:31 PM
The last 7 minutes of this game are embarrassing for JMU...

This game is going to come down to an onside kick...

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I spoke too early.... unh is still in this football game. I've never seen such a pathetic end to a football game by our defense. This all started with that crap fumble call.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Not sure how this can be overturned. TD should stand...

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 02:35 PM

Givng up 39 and 500 yards in the air to us will not get you to Frisco. Just sayin'.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2016, 02:36 PM
2 PT conversion good! great play design!!

42-39 onside kick to come....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 15th, 2016, 02:39 PM
JMU recovers, they'll win...

StrikeJMU
October 15th, 2016, 02:40 PM
You did throw the ball 70 times.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Dukes escape the dungeon, we will see if they are the best of the CAA that game at Nova will decide that in my opinion.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
October 15th, 2016, 02:41 PM
What an awful collapse at the end of a game. If they lost I scantly think their would have ever been such a comeback in such a short period of time in all of college football.

Also thank god our tv announcers are nowhere near the homers that UNH's announcers are. They were literally unbearable to the point I had to mute them.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 02:41 PM
That special teams TD was the difference as UNH scores 27 trash time points. Once you check out mentally, you can't come back in. Pathetic defense to end the game.

veinup
October 15th, 2016, 02:42 PM
interesting 4th quarter!

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 02:46 PM
What an awful collapse at the end of a game. If they lost I scantly think their would have ever been such a comeback in such a short period of time in all of college football.

Also thank god our tv announcers are nowhere near the homers that UNH's announcers are. They were literally unbearable to the point I had to mute them.

What UNH announcers were on TV?

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
October 15th, 2016, 02:49 PM
What UNH announcers were on TV?

By TV I mean youtube.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 03:10 PM
The color commentator on ASN was also god awful. It was clear he wanted UNH to win and he wouldn't stop screaming into the microphone.

dwtime
October 15th, 2016, 03:23 PM
By TV I mean youtube.

Oh ok, yeah the color guy is a homer for sure most are.

KPSUL
October 15th, 2016, 04:00 PM
That special teams TD was the difference as UNH scores 27 trash time points. Once you check out mentally, you can't come back in. Pathetic defense to end the game.

As usual, your cry baby comments are tiresome. You apparently don't have a clue what "trash Time" even means. It is not trash time when you come within a gnat's ass of losing in the 4th Qtr.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Dukes escape the dungeon, we will see if they are the best of the CAA that game at Nova will decide that in my opinion.

Nova is currently losing 10-0

Terry2889
October 15th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I've been under the weather and I decided to take a nap when it was 42-12.... Either way, I thought the youngsters for UNH have shown real progress and promise. Trevor Knight definitely made some strides at QB and I thought the interior D-Line more than held their own against a very powerful Offensive line. UNH was terrible inside of the 30 yard line on offense today and their 3rd down defense was flat out terrible. UNH would have and should have been much been much more competitive for the bulk of the game if they had game planned differently for those situations. UNH is about at the place I thought they'd be so far. We still have a shot to win 7 games which for this group would be a great accomplishment. As for JMU, I really wasn't impressed. They're offense made big plays and scored points against a very young team that made several coverage breakdown. UNH was in now way outmatched physically. If I am right in my assessment, JMU has very little shot to make noise in the playoffs against superior defenses and teams that can control the clock and score.

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 09:29 PM
As usual, your cry baby comments are tiresome. You apparently don't have a clue what "trash Time" even means. It is not trash time when you come within a gnat's ass of losing in the 4th Qtr.

You missed what I assumed would be a sarcastic attempt at humor. Oh well.