PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 8

carney2
October 14th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Week 8

Sorry, folks, but this week’s has to go up early, while next week’s will be a little late. The missus commands that there is life beyond football.

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

Bye: COLGATE

Game of the Week: Lehigh @ Holy Cross – The Tom Gilmore Farewell Tour continues. Can the schizoid Crossers throw a bump in the road for one of the few Patsies with momentum?

carney2
October 14th, 2016, 07:45 AM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL - Lafayette sends "all of that talent" from all of those "great" recruiting classes to Buffalo in the first battle for worst of the worst. It's more than the coaching and "schemes.".

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM - Edmonds vs. the Hoyas. No contest.

LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS - You can pretty much count on the forces of Gilmore folding up like a cheap suit in this one.

RichH2
October 14th, 2016, 10:47 AM
:):):):)
Well sure. My W tells me the same thing. I maintain that RL is a fiction created to get me away from football .

Spider from the North
October 14th, 2016, 12:43 PM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

carney2
October 14th, 2016, 02:14 PM
:):):):)
Well sure. My W tells me the same thing. I maintain that RL is a fiction created to get me away from football .

RL = Real Life = or ?????

RichH2
October 14th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Yup Real Life.:):)

bonarae
October 14th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Bucknell
Fordham
Lehigh

ngineer
October 14th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Won't stick the neck out until I see what happens tomorrow. Always concerned about looking "down the road". You miss the pot hole in front of you.

ngineer
October 15th, 2016, 10:33 PM
OKay, we are now looking ahead. Lehigh avoided the "trap" and had a very solid game at Georgetown. Loss of O'Hara at tackle could hurt if he can't go, but our "next men up" have been doing pretty good this year. Same at QB as Shafnisky reinjured his ankle that has lingered since the Princeton game. Crusaders certainly caught the East Coast's FCS attention by taking down the Johnnies, so this may be good in making Lehigh focus. Had Harvard blown out the Crusaders, I would be concerned about another "trap" with Fordham the following week. That should not be an issue now. The offense has been a well oiled machine. The D is starting to feel its oats. A very nice performance in DC and the kicking game looks great. Lehigh 42-24.

Georgetown's defense is scappy (#97 is a very good DLman) and I can see them holding down Edmonds...of course, he may still get 150 yards, but would be a plus. Hoyas corners are quick but short and tall WRs can take advantage. I don't see an upset, here,though Hoyas with a strong D effort, can make it interesting for awhile. Fordham, 38-13.

How badly beat up are the Leotards (mentally and physically)? Bison hard to figure out after beating Holy Cross two weeks ago and not doing much against Colgate. For Laughyette to have an chance of salvaging a respectable finish to the season, they must bounce back with a good effort. Will there be 1,000 in Christy Mathewson to see this (unless it's parents' weekend). I am reminded of the song from "1776", when Washington wrote to Congress, "Is anybody there? Does anybody care?" We shall see, but for now I say the Bison win the care package game, 24-17.

'gate over bye.

crusader11
October 16th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Does a win by HC against Lehigh put them in the driver's seat?

Lehigh'98
October 16th, 2016, 01:57 PM

It certainly wouldn't hurt their cause.

RichH2
October 16th, 2016, 02:22 PM

:) With Lehigh Gate and Fordham upcoming the drivet's seat is very crowded . The designated spoiler perhaps.

crusader11
October 16th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Colgate isn't that good, IMO.

Lehigh the clear team to beat.

CFBfan
October 16th, 2016, 04:26 PM

although gate returned almost all their starters from last season they return from a season that they won at least 3 games that could've gone either way, looks like it has caught up to them this year

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2016, 06:26 PM
I know it sounds somewhat ridiculous on the surface, but will Georgetown ever beat Lehigh as a member of the Patriot League?

Lehigh had a 15 game winning streak against Bucknell that ended in emphatic fashion. But the Bison were a transitioning scholarship program and finished with a winning record. I'm not sure if the Hoyas will do it. At least in the next 5-10 years.

2012 was their opportunity. Lehigh had 7(!!) turnovers and still managed to win 17-14.

World
October 17th, 2016, 01:53 AM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

World
October 17th, 2016, 01:54 AM

Fully agree on this one

Gangtackle11
October 17th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Last Week: 4-1 Season: 26-13

Bucknell 20 Lafayette 15
Fordham 40 Georgetown 23
Lehigh 37 Holy Cross 31

jimbo65
October 17th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Bucknell
Fordham
Lehigh

DFW HOYA
October 17th, 2016, 09:04 AM
I know it sounds somewhat ridiculous on the surface, but will Georgetown ever beat Lehigh as a member of the Patriot League? Lehigh had a 15 game winning streak against Bucknell that ended in emphatic fashion. But the Bison were a transitioning scholarship program and finished with a winning record. I'm not sure if the Hoyas will do it. At least in the next 5-10 years.

As the pollsters would say, the fundamentals don't look good for Georgetown. They lose head to head recruiting on scholarships and are heavily constrained by the AI. None of these figures to change as long as Georgetown stays put, but I'm reminded of the quote from the 1987 movie No Way Out: "He will return. Where else does he have to go?"

Fordham
October 17th, 2016, 10:52 AM
what the heck happened at Colgate this year? At Fordham we lost the majority of our defensive starters, several of whom were all-PL and pretty much our entire second string DL as well. Oddly enough, we're actually exceeding expectations on D this year even though we can't stop a wet noodle running game. That said, I can't imagine what the score will be v. Lehigh. I doubt we'll stop them once.

... but what happened at Colgate? Have there been similar injury issues at play? so much returning from such a strong team that it just doesn't make sense imo.

crusader11
October 17th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Just how good was Colgate last season? It may have been a case of getting hot at the right time. They eked by Georgetown, Fordham, Lehigh, and Bucknell (all games decided by a possession), blown out by Princeton, lost to Yale -- certainly a solid team and their run in the playoffs was tremendous to watch, but they're not world-beaters.

Sader87
October 17th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Holy Cross was leading Colgate going into the 4th Q last year as well....as crusader11 above pointed out, they were clutch last year but hardly dominant imo.

The PL (sans GTown I suppose) is basically the Parity League personified in many ways.

LUHawker
October 17th, 2016, 11:23 AM
The PL (sans GTown I suppose) is basically the Parity League personified in many ways.

I like the upgrade in name to Parity League from Patsy League. However, at present you need to include Lafayette on the "sans" list. They look like a team and program in free fall.

eiu1999
October 17th, 2016, 11:53 AM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

CFBfan
October 17th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Just how good was Colgate last season? It may have been a case of getting hot at the right time. They eked by Georgetown, Fordham, Lehigh, and Bucknell (all games decided by a possession), blown out by Princeton, lost to Yale -- certainly a solid team and their run in the playoffs was tremendous to watch, but they're not world-beaters.

and almost lost to cornell giving up a big lead, if time didn't run out they likely lose that game

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2016, 03:56 PM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS
This.

ngineer
October 17th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Patriot League needs a monster game this year and Fordham at Lehigh would have all the trappings if both teams hold serve this week.

crusader11
October 17th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Patriot League needs a monster game this year and Fordham at Lehigh would have all the trappings if both teams hold serve this week.

I'm thinking HC vs. Fordham at Yankee Stadium for all the marbles!

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Back on track, 4-1 last week. Up to 27-12 for the season.

Lafayette at Bucknell Bucknell Same old story for the Bison and Leopards. To be fair, Lafayette would have struggled against Army even if they were a better side, but that result seems reasonable given their previous results. Bucknell, meanwhile, mixes a pop-gun offense with much-larger-gun-metaphor defense. The Bison lost their starting QB on Saturday, no idea if he'll be ready for this weekend. The backup, a walk-on, performed alright, but they struggle to move the ball at times. At this point, I'm not quite sure what Lafayette does well. I'm sure some of the Pard faithful will enlighten me, or perhaps not. Right now, though, not sure how I can pick them in this matchup. This would be the moment they rear up to bite me, wouldn't it?

Georgetown at Fordham Fordham The Hoyas' tour of title contenders continues, this time going north to the Bronx. Fordham became the third PL team to put Yale to the sword this season, and continue chugging along with a powerful offense. The big showdown is next weekend in Bethlehem, but the Rams have to get there first. Same story, different week for Georgetown, as I'm just not sure how they'll be able keep up with the Rams.

Lehigh at Holy Cross Lehigh Fordham looms on the next Saturday, but a trip to Holy Cross was never going to be a picnic. Just who are the Crusaders anyway? Was their victory over the Crimson a fluke aided by strategic player resting, and they really are on a long slog to the end of a coach's tenure? Or are they the talented bunch we thought they might be, a team that could challenge the League's Big 3 favorites? With Colgate and Fordham still on the schedule, Gilmore and the Cross have a chance to make a real statement this weekend, and put in their bid for the title. I'm not sure it'll actually happen, as Lehigh looks like the favorites at the moment. That being said, they face the Raiders in Hamilton and the Rams in the Bronx. If Bucknell was the fluke, and they're ready to step up, now is the time.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Having seen Colgate up close, the loss of their tough RB James Holland really seemed to affect them vs. Lehigh. Washington is a slippery back but he's hasn't shown the ability to get tough yards that Holland did last season. I think if Holland is 100%, some of those drives ending in punts get extended, and they win some of those games they lose.

Gate83
October 17th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Having seen Colgate up close, the loss of their tough RB James Holland really seemed to affect them vs. Lehigh. Washington is a slippery back but he's hasn't shown the ability to get tough yards that Holland did last season. I think if Holland is 100%, some of those drives ending in punts get extended, and they win some of those games they lose.

Holland's loss has definitely hurt, both from gaining the tough yards and also in setting up play action. So did losing CB Tyler Castillo in the first half of the Cornell game, his replacement was targeted consistently in Cornell's comeback. But injuries happen, I think the bigger disappointment has been the pass defense generally which many of us expected to improve this year. I'll take the Bucknell result with a grain of salt & see how we hold up vs. the Cross & Ram passing attacks...

van
October 17th, 2016, 06:28 PM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL, conventional wisdom says take the home team, but Bucky O is just too suspect

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM, Hoyas should provide some challenge for Chase, but their O is a mess, in the end Rams have too much firepower

LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS, with our improving D this should not be close, but who knows which Crusaders will show this week

after a good week, now 28-11 on the year

ColgateTD
October 18th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Lehigh - by 7
Bucknell - by 24
Fordham - by 35

27-12 so far

RichH2
October 18th, 2016, 06:21 PM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL, conventional wisdom says take the home team, but Bucky O is just too suspect

GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM, Hoyas should provide some challenge for Chase, but their O is a mess, in the end Rams have too much firepower

LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS, with our improving D this should not be close, but who knows which Crusaders will show this week

after a good week, now 28-11 on the year

Agree Cross should be a W. Chalk alone does not win games. Purps are going to show up confident. Andy cant let them hang around.

crusader11
October 18th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Agree Cross should be a W. Chalk alone does not win games. Purps are going to show up confident. Andy cant let them hang around.

Gilmore likely knows that he needs to win this one in order to save his job. In my mind, a sub .500 year and Pine likely looks elsewhere...wouldn't shock me if this was even the case at 6-5.

Bill
October 19th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Now up to 27-12 on the year...

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL - Bucknell, 24-10
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM - Fordham....37-15.
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS - Lehigh...44-41

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Any idea who's starting at QB and RB for Bucknell against Lafayette?

van
October 20th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Any idea who's starting at QB and RB for Bucknell against Lafayette?

they lost Muh last week, guess it won't be him, Nitti listed on depth chart, not sure he is ready to go but a frosh if not him, probably does not matter, their O is bad no matter who is handing off

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2016, 06:31 PM
they lost Muh last week, guess it won't be him, Nitti listed on depth chart, not sure he is ready to go but a frosh if not him, probably does not matter, their O is bad no matter who is handing off

Rumor has it that DeFloria is also banged up (his carries were limited last week) but is also listed as the starter. I have no idea how Holy Cross lost to them....

MR. CHICKEN
October 20th, 2016, 07:52 PM
BUCKNELL
FORDHAM
LEHIGH

ngineer
October 20th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Weather forecast for upper northeast taking a turn for the worse...rain and/or snow depending on elevation. Still going with Lehigh at "Wuhsta", but the O/U has to come down based on the elements. Still no word on who Lehigh's starting QB will be. If a wet track, Coen may not want Shafnisky risking the ankle. Receivers should be at an advantage in making cuts. Timing will be everything. Time for Bragalone have a break out game for this year and churn up about 150 yards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Nearly 25 years to the day (10/26/91) #3 Holy Cross beat #19 Lehigh 43-42. I believe that the only game between two ranked Patriot Teams from the conference's inception until Lehigh played Colgate in 1999.

I was tossing around going up Saturday but the weather is going to miserable. I also have a standing offer to go to PSU-OSU. It's going to be bone chilling cold in State College Saturday night.

Hopefully this isn't a replay of 2005. Holy Cross beat Lehigh in a monsoon then PSU upset a Top 5 Ohio State that night. I hope PSU wins, HC not so much...

PAllen
October 21st, 2016, 03:19 AM
Bucknell
Fordham

And (let's hope superstition holds) HC

LeopardBall10
October 21st, 2016, 07:53 AM
Page 5 and other than Carney I'm the first leopard fan poster... And so, the Leopards have once again created the midseason depression that will eventually turn to postseason acceptance. I feel like this team puts me through the five stages of grief every year...http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23736&stc=1

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2016, 08:03 AM
Let me say something to Leopard fans. If this team can't get up for playing Army, how are they going to get up for playing Bucknell?

Though it may not matter. Susan may need to tap on the basketball coaches shoulders and ask if they have a walk-on point guard that can suit up for them at QB or RB.

Lehigh'98
October 21st, 2016, 09:32 AM
Picked Bucknell last week and that didn't work out so good, can't pick Lafayette though. I to, am having flashbacks of that monsoon game in 2005. Really hope we don't lose a playoff spot because we can't handle the elements. Still think Mayes should get the nod at QB, although I could see Shaf's running making a difference here.

Bucknell
Fordham
Lehigh

So who is the odds on favorite to be head coach at Lafayette in 2017? Troxell or Loose? Cecchini as an underdog?

DFW HOYA
October 21st, 2016, 10:23 AM
So who is the odds on favorite to be head coach at Lafayette in 2017? Troxell or Loose? Cecchini as an underdog?

This guy.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/11645640-large.jpg

Leopard Loyalist
October 21st, 2016, 11:04 AM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL (the only way to avoid 1-10)
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

Lehigh'98
October 21st, 2016, 11:14 AM
This guy.

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/photo/11645640-large.jpg

Any non-contract year, I would agree with you. However, two 1-10 seasons (possible), his age, health and seeming lack of interest make this almost an inevitable move. Wouldn't be suprised if he steps down himself.

Sandlapper Spike
October 21st, 2016, 11:29 AM
LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS

LeopardBall10
October 21st, 2016, 11:39 AM
Any non-contract year, I would agree with you. However, two 1-10 seasons (possible), his age, health and seeming lack of interest make this almost an inevitable move. Wouldn't be suprised if he steps down himself.

I honestly want to agree with you about an inevitable move. I honestly don't see how you could offer an extension to someone with such a horrendous record. But at the same time, I feel like our wet noodle of an AD would allow it if Frank wanted another few years to milk a pay check. If Frank does step down or get moved to another office in the department I don't expect a national search. They would interview the OC and maybe Trox/Loose.

Pard4Life
October 21st, 2016, 04:33 PM
Bucknell 30, Lafayette 27
Fordham 38, Georgetown 10
Lehigh 52, Holy Cross 35

RichH2
October 21st, 2016, 06:21 PM
Bucknell
Fordham
Lehigh

Go...gate
October 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM
Lafayette 16, Bucknell 14

Fordham 34, Georgetown 17

Holy Cross 33, Lehigh 31

Colgate 7, Open Date 6

Bonus picks in local Homecoming games:

Princeton 38, Harvard 31

Hun 28, Lawrenceville 20

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2016, 11:44 PM
33-10 on the year

Lafayette 24 Bucknell 21 - Central PA was hit by terrible flooding the last two days and now has to deal with this disaster. I'll take the 'Pards because Drew Reed will be the best QB on the field....

Fordham 48 Georgetown 17 - The Hoyas offense is terrible. Georgetown will hang in for a bit but the Rams will break their will...

Lehigh 37 Holy Cross 24 - If both teams bring their best Lehigh still wins by double digits. Weather and injuries will be their biggest obstacle. The Crusaders lost to Bucknell for goodness sakes. Murphy took a knee for 4 quarters last week's loss....

Ivytalk
October 22nd, 2016, 06:18 AM
Lafayette 16, Bucknell 14

Fordham 34, Georgetown 17

Holy Cross 33, Lehigh 31

Colgate 7, Open Date 6

Bonus picks in local Homecoming games:

Princeton 38, Harvard 31

Hun 28, Lawrenceville 20

Does Princeton have a homecoming? How quaint.xrolleyesx

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2016, 07:50 AM
Ouch two Ls in a row for Harvard?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 08:04 AM
Worcester was hit hard last night with flooding. It's been an ugly weekend in the Northeast but the games should dodge the brunt of it....

crusader11
October 22nd, 2016, 08:24 AM
Driving up on 95 as we speak -- steady rain, but looks like the game may be okay. 50% showers at kickoff.

Another must-win game if Gilmore is to save his job, IMO.

We should be 4-3 heading into this game. Still sour about that Bucknell loss.

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 08:28 AM
Fordham 48 Georgetown 17 - The Hoyas offense is terrible. Georgetown will hang in for a bit but the Rams will break their will...

It's not terrible but a better word for it is undermanned. This is what scholarships (or lack thereof) hath wrought.

Then again, if Georgetown raided the juco ranks for some impact linemen, the PL would surely object.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
It's not terrible but a better word for it is undermanned. This is what scholarships (or lack thereof) hath wrought.

Then again, if Georgetown raided the juco ranks for some impact linemen, the PL would surely object. It wouldn't look good.

Georgetown's offenses was rarely, if ever good when the league was non-scholarship.

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Georgetown's offenses was rarely, if ever good when the league was non-scholarship.
What would you attribute that to?

PAllen
October 22nd, 2016, 08:58 AM

Then again, if Georgetown raided the juco ranks for some impact linemen, the PL would surely object.

Lehigh's 97-01 offenses would put what the Hoyas have to shame... as would Colgate 99-02... as would HC during the Randolph years. Those were all well before scholarships, and all within the AI. You don't have to recruit thugs with IQs in the low double digits to win at this level. You need a competent coaching staff. Of course, playing in something better than the local HS stadium, and showing some level of support by the university beyond that required for D-III helps.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 10:13 AM
About an hour from kick off in Worcester. There's some rain starting to move into the area....

There's snow flurries flying in the mountains of Central PA. I doubt it gets cold enough in Lewisburg but you never know...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 11:00 AM
Lehigh-Holy Cross just about to kick off!

Go Hawks!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 11:07 AM
Conditions in Worcester are ugly right now...

Blaise Bell will get the start for Holy Cross....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
My internet went out and HC scored right in the beginning of the game...

7-0 HC

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 11:27 AM
TD Lehigh! OL did work on that drive. Mayes started at QB for Lehigh...

7-7 7:48 1Q

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
You need a competent coaching staff. Of course, playing in something better than the local HS stadium, and showing some level of support by the university beyond that required for D-III helps.

Georgetown's coaching staff is as competent as any, and I can guarantee that no D-III school is spending close to $2M a year on its football program.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 11:59 AM
TD Lehigh! Casey took a nasty shot to the knee but his leg wasn't planted thankfully. Might just be a bruise. Fumble snap on the XP but Shafnisky alertly finds Cavenas for a 2pt conversion

Lehigh 15-7 about 11:00 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 12:12 PM
Mish with a FG. Casey back in at WR...

18-7 Lehigh, about 4:00 left 2Q

Fordham
October 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
Fordham QB Anderson suspended. Backup Luke Medlock starting today

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Bucknell ahead of Lafayette 7-3 through one quarter. The Bison scored their touchdown on a reverse that totally fooled the Leopards. Neither team, particularly Lafayette, has moved the ball too much so far, though Bucknell is showing signs of warming up.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 12:56 PM
Lehigh marches right down the field to open the second half

Lehigh 25-7 12:38 3Q

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2016, 12:57 PM
The color commentator for the Lehigh/Holy Cross game is hilarious - he should be announcing for an independent pro wrestling promotion.

Lehigh scores on their opening possession of the 2nd half. Mountain Hawks now ahead 25-7 with 12:38 left in the 3rd quarter.

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2016, 12:59 PM
Not sure how it happened (had Lehigh/Holy Cross on the TV; both the Lehigh and Lafayette games are on local TV in the DC area today), but the Leopards just gave up a Bucknell TD when I thought they had them stopped. The Bison now lead 14-3 early in the 2nd quarter.

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 01:03 PM
Outside of one GU 59 yard pass, Hoyas have negative yardage and are tied 14-14 with 11:27 to halftime. Go figure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 01:05 PM
Lehigh offense is rolling! OL just smokes the HC DL and Bragalone up the guy for 60+ yard TD

32-7 11:20 3Q

CHIP72
October 22nd, 2016, 01:10 PM
Man, I have a feeling I'm going to have mixed feelings about visiting my brother at Mississippi State at Thanksgiving (in significant part because Lehigh basketball is playing at Mississippi State on Black Friday) because I think there's an increasingly good chance Lehigh football will be hosting a FCS/Division I-AA playoff game on Saturday 11/26.

CFBfan
October 22nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
is it time ot say good bye to Tommy?

Lehigh'98
October 22nd, 2016, 01:23 PM
is it time ot say good bye to Tommy?

Yes. HC is listless

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 01:27 PM
Murphy honestly might have gotten paid off by the Boston Mob to the throw the game last week.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 01:28 PM
TD Lehigh! Time to rest the starters and get ready for next week...

Lehigh 39-7 2:10 3Q

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 01:32 PM
Halftime at the Bronx: 14-14.

Fordham had 11 yards in the 2nd quarter, Georgetown 30. The Hoyas have -13 rushing yards into the break.

The teams have combined for four INTs, two blocked punts and two fumbles.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Lehigh scores again....

Lehigh 46-7 11:49 4Q

Lehigh'98
October 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
You can change the channel now Owl. This one is history

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 01:49 PM
You can change the channel now Owl. This one is history

Not too many good options right now until 'Bama-A&M. Temple took care of business last night xnodx

Lehigh'98
October 22nd, 2016, 01:51 PM
Wisconsin Iowa is close

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 01:55 PM
Wisconsin Iowa is close

I've been flipping to that. Good ol' fashion slugfest...

Lafayette is somehow losing to Bucknell 21-3. For the sake of the league Tavani and Gilmore have to go. Their teams are terrible...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2016, 01:58 PM
Lehigh has never beat Holy Cross this badly at Fitton. They beat the Crusaders 62-8 at Lehigh in 2011.

Lehigh'98
October 22nd, 2016, 01:59 PM
I've been flipping to that. Good ol' fashion slugfest...

Lafayette is somehow losing to Bucknell 21-3. For the sake of the league Tavani and Gilmore have to go. Their teams are terrible...

Agreed, just awful

crusader11
October 22nd, 2016, 02:00 PM
Lehigh has never beat Holy Cross this badly at Fitton. They beat the Crusaders 62-8 at Lehigh in 2011.

Huh?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 02:00 PM

1999. Jamaal Burcher scored on the final play of the game. Higgins didn't like to take knees...

HC beat Lehigh 59-10 in 2007 at Goodman...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2016, 02:04 PM
Gah, you are right. 1999. I mixed up my Lehigh playoff teams... :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 02:05 PM
Gilmore has a RB that wasn't healthy enough to start in the game when its 46-7?

- - - Updated - - -

HC ends the 46-0 run with a TD!

Lehigh 46-14 2:40 4Q

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
Clay Norris pulled as Georgetown QB early in the third: 6 for 15, 3 INTs.

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Oh Lafayette is playing today? Who knew...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 02:11 PM
Gilmore is really trying to make this score look more respectable. Using all of his timeouts down 32...

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 02:30 PM
Those of you who had Georgetown and Fordham tied in the fourth quarter, raise your hands.

PAllen
October 22nd, 2016, 02:45 PM
Oh Lafayette is playing today? Who knew...

If you use the term loosely, then yeah they're playing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 02:46 PM
Fordham kicks a FG to take the lead

17-14 6:08 4Q

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 02:55 PM
Hoyas have 147 total yards in the game. Chase Edmonds has 162.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 03:02 PM
Georgetown ball at their own 2 with 2 minutes left to tie or pull the upset of the year....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 03:03 PM
Georgetown Qb throws another INT to end it. Late and down the middle, bad throw...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 03:05 PM
Fordham 17 Georgetown 14 Final

The showdown is set! The Rams have kicked Lehigh's butt the last 3 years. I think it's time for some payback...

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 03:05 PM
Hoyas give up five INT's and lose 17-14. This program can't catch a break.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2016, 03:07 PM
Hoyas give up five INT's and lose 17-14. This program can't catch a break.

LOL...Fordham's starting QB was suspended and had several turnovers themselves. Georgetown had their chances but is not good enough on offense...

Fordham
October 22nd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Phew! 3rd string QB, 2 blocked punts and multiple turnovers. We got lucky today

DFW HOYA
October 22nd, 2016, 03:15 PM
14 straight losses at Fordham--the prior 13 were by an average of 23 points per game. This was winnable.

ColgateTD
October 22nd, 2016, 05:23 PM
14 straight losses at Fordham--the prior 13 were by an average of 23 points per game. This was winnable.

No dog in the fight today, but kudos to the Hoyas for a good effort and keeping it respectable.

Rams-Engineers appears to be the PL game of the year.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2016, 08:07 PM
If Tom Gilmore is the head coach at Holy Cross next year....unofficially, Holy Cross has essentially given up football

Fordham
October 22nd, 2016, 08:16 PM
Several of those have been winnable for Gtown over the years. You guys typically play us tough and you did today

CFBfan
October 23rd, 2016, 07:59 AM
If Tom Gilmore is the head coach at Holy Cross next year....unofficially, Holy Cross has essentially given up football
tommy boy AND frank should be canned!!! IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: where's killa-bee????

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2016, 03:32 PM
Does Princeton have a homecoming? How quaint.xrolleyesx

The "home" Big Three game each year is pretty much Princeton's Homecoming.

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2016, 03:36 PM
Halftime at the Bronx: 14-14.

Fordham had 11 yards in the 2nd quarter, Georgetown 30. The Hoyas have -13 rushing yards into the break.

The teams have combined for four INTs, two blocked punts and two fumbles.

Nothing like a rivalry game. You guys really pushed the Rams.

Go...gate
October 23rd, 2016, 03:41 PM
I really like Frank Tavani - he will always stand tall in my estimation for stepping into a horrible situation after Rothkopf tied the program to the RR tracks in front on an on-coming Division III train - but I believe it may be time for Frank and his staff to step aside.

Pard4Life
October 23rd, 2016, 07:42 PM
I really like Frank Tavani - he will always stand tall in my estimation for stepping into a horrible situation after Rothkopf tied the program to the RR tracks in front on an on-coming Division III train - but I believe it may be time for him and his staff to step aside.

Agreed but good things do not last forever. We all have a final day at the office, even the greats.

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Now up to 27-12 on the year...

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL - Bucknell, 24-10
GEORGETOWN @ FORDHAM - Fordham....37-15.
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS - Lehigh...44-41

Hey, is Lehigh the School that was in the movie Porky's? I'm just asking for my bro....

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

milleniumkat
October 28th, 2016, 09:31 PM
What kind of Stats do Pee Wee and Meat have this season?

ColgateTD
October 29th, 2016, 09:09 AM
What kind of Stats do Pee Wee and Meat have this season?

Hunh?