PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings 10-10

JALMOND
October 10th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Mid season and things are getting sorted out. Not much change this week in the rankings as the cream is beginning to rise to the top. Maybe not much to change next week as Eastern Washington has the bye this week. Here are this week's power rankings in the conference (last week in parenthesis). As usual, all are my opinion only. Things are shaping up for a good stretch run.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week beat Northern Colorado at home 49-31, this week bye---The Eagles have their offense flying high heading in to the bye week. Their defense has been giving up points but they've been getting the big plays when needed.

2. Montana (2)---Last week beat SWAC's Mississippi Valley State 67-7, this week Sacramento State at home---The Grizzlies showed off their power in non conference last weekend. They return to conference action this week, once again at home.

3. North Dakota (3)---Last week won at Sacramento State 40-7, this week Southern Utah at home---No rust on the road last weekend for the Hawks as they returned with a good win. Things get tough this weekend with the upstart Southern Utah team.

4. Cal Poly (4)---Last week bye, this week at Portland State---The Mustangs are crashing Portland State's homecoming party this weekend with some of their coaches returning "home". Can they escape with a win and keep this season rolling?

5. Southern Utah (5)---Last week beat UC-Davis at home 24-3, this week at North Dakota---The Thunderbirds have positioned themselves nicely and after taking care of business at home last week, they head out for a tough test this weekend.

6. Northern Colorado (6)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 49-31, this week at UC-Davis---The Bears had a good showing against a tough team on the road last weekend. How close are they? Getting a win this weekend would certainly help.

7. Northern Arizona (8)---Last week won at Montana State 20-14, this week Idaho State at home---The Jacks held off Montana State last week to get a win finally. Even if their quarterback is still out, they should be able to get another this week.

8. Weber State (9)---Last week beat Portland State at home 14-10, this week Montana State at home---The Wildcats emerged victorious in a defensive slugfest last week, maybe finally righting the ship. They can continue their good ways with a win this week.

9. Portland State (7)---Last week lost at Weber State 14-10, this week Cal Poly at home---The Vikings defense had a good showing last week but their fans just can't count on them winning defensive battles. They'll need to run and score this weekend.

10. Montana State (10)---Last week lost to Northern Arizona at home 20-14, this week at Weber State---The Bobcats just could not get enough offense to get the win. They'll need the offense to get on track this weekend in what could be another defensive game.

11. UC-Davis (11)---Last week lost at Southern Utah 24-3, this week Northern Colorado at home---The Aggies had a tough going on offense last week while facing a strong defensive front. The offense will need to step up for a win this weekend.

12. Idaho State (13)---Last week bye, this week at Northern Arizona---Here's hoping a bye might have the Bengals recapturing some magic for their game this weekend. They can win, but the question is probably do they want it more?

13. Sacramento State (12)---Last week lost to North Dakota at home 40-7, this week at Montana---Things didn't look too great for the Hornets last weekend. The problem currently is things don't look like they will improve any time either.

RECAP: 1-2 creeping out front, 3-5 keeping up, 6 on an island, 7-10 falling off the pace, 11 a bit behind, 12-13 lagging.

F'N Hawks
October 11th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Nice work, sir!

Nodak78
October 11th, 2016, 09:23 AM
looks good interesting match up with SUU and UND this weekend.

nevadagriz
October 11th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Suu vs UND game of the week! Big playoff implications for both. Could be some upsets this week with Poly @ PSU and MSU @ WSU

UNDColorado
October 11th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Thank God for beer because this Saturday will be interesting and stressful. Good work Jalmond!

Grizzlies82
October 11th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Yes, thank you for your take on things!

Looking ahead at the remaining schedules... if No. Dakota can get a win this weekend they are almost certain to be conference champs (or Co-champs). Same scenario as last year with So. Utah. With this goofy oversized Big Sky conference, who is on your schedule makes all the difference in the world.

tomq04
October 11th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Pretty good chance ewu wins out. Only likely losses are Montana in Cheney and PSU in Portland.

I don't see Idaho St or Montana St having a huge shot unless we shoot ourselves.

Grizalltheway
October 11th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Pretty good chance ewu wins out. Only likely losses are Montana in Cheney and PSU in Portland.

I don't see Idaho St or Montana St having a huge shot unless we shoot ourselves.

Cal Poly?

Nodak78
October 12th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Cal Poly?

You might want to take the hook out of your mouth.xlolx

UNDBIZ
October 12th, 2016, 09:08 AM
You might want to take the hook out of your mouth.xlolx

I don't think tomq was fishing/trolling. Poly still getting very little respect.

Nodak78
October 12th, 2016, 09:11 AM
I don't think tomq was fishing/trolling. Poly still getting very little respect.

No I don't think Tomq was trolling. But Grizalltheway stepped in it. EWU plans on taking care of both CP and Montana.

Grizalltheway
October 12th, 2016, 09:14 AM
No I don't think Tomq was trolling. But Grizalltheway stepped in it. EWU plans on taking care of both CP and Montana.

The best laid plans of mice and men.

tomq04
October 12th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Sorry guys, I wrote this on my phone and forgot about Cal Poly. We are playing down in California, at the moment they are a stronger team than PSU.

3 tough games left for EWU, I would suspect we win 2.

I hate to write off ISU/MSU...but I did.

EWU ends 9-2.

Nodak78
October 12th, 2016, 09:22 AM
The best laid plans of mice and men.

that will be watched closely and probably come down to the last minute.