PDA

View Full Version : New Addition

GreatAppSt
July 10th, 2005, 11:36 PM
My family would like to announce a new addition to our household.

We are now the proud parents of a little boy(approximately seven weeks), weighing two pounds. He was found on a country road near Linden NC last week. Dehydrated, hungry, flea and tick ridden, but one tough little guy according to the Vet.
Doc believes that before I found him, he had survived the woods on his own for at least few days during the 100 degree weather. Doc said must be one heck of a little woodsman and survivalist.

My wife and I struggled with several names for him Sam, Bear, Blackie, etc, etc. None seemed to fit his already evident fighting spirit. With his small white chin and chest accents it suddenly dawned on both of us that he needs a gold collar.

It's my pleasure to introduce y'all to Yosef.
http://www.fd.appstate.edu/muffoletto/projects/5200/fleming/pup.htm

BTW (as a I-AA discussion topic) :D Do anyone have a pet with your favorite team mascots name?

Josh
July 11th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Congrats! :D :D :D

mineral griz
July 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Fraid I do......was given to me when he was 9 month old........a bassett.....
the family that gave him to me named him "GRIZ" :) :) :) :)

chattanoogamocs
July 11th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I come from a long line a suckers...I have two strays (which is one over the limit in an apartment downtown :))...my parents have 6 (including two that were left in their backyard because "everyone knows" my mom will take care of them...and my aunt helps run (she is the Chattanooga "intake"...i.e. she has a kennel and staff to take care of them) an adoption agency for goldens (though she will take in anything)...just recently there was a horrible story here of a lady with about 90 dogs, half of them had to be put down...my aunt took in 15 of the survivors at her kennel until the can be nursed back to health (bring her current total to 24!). You don't want to know the vet bill this year.

So, you can understand why my heart always melts when I here someone has saved a dog (yosef looks like an adorable little tike...and a maybe just a little bit of a mischevious trouble maker :rolleyes:).

But I digress, ...I posted because we had one stray that was so malnourished you could see it ribs, had a terrible case of mange, and barely survived parvo (took almost a month to bring her back to health)...so what else would you call a dog this tough....

SCRAPPY!

Go Mocs! :)

Eaglegus2
July 11th, 2005, 12:45 PM
I come from a long line a suckers...I have two strays (which is one over the limit in an apartment downtown :))...my parents have 6 (including two that were left in their backyard because "everyone knows" my mom will take care of them...and my aunt runs an adoption agency for goldens and labs (though she will take in anything)...just recently there was a horrible story here of a lady with about 90 dogs, half of them had to be put down...my aunt took in 15 of the survivors at her kennel until the can be nursed back to health (bring her current total to 24!). You don't want to know the vet bill this year.

So, you can understand why my heart always melts when I here someone has saved a dog (yosef looks like an adorable little tike...and a maybe just a little bit of a mischevious trouble maker :rolleyes:).

But I digress, ...I posted because we had one stray that was so malnourished you could see it ribs, had a terrible case of mange, and barely survived parvo (took almost a month to bring her back to health)...so what else would you call a dog this tough....

SCRAPPY!

Go Mocs! :)

Great name for a fighter.

Yosef will be a great dog once he is trained to bring you a beer. ;)

Ivytalk
July 11th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Props to Yosef! What a mascot!! :hurray: :hurray:

ChiefGSU275
July 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM
What a cute puppy! Too bad you ruined him with that name ;-) . j/k! Congrats!!

chattanoogamocs
July 12th, 2005, 02:02 AM
BTW...if you are in the East Tennessee Area...

shame plug to help find a home for a dog(s)

http://www.tvgrr.com/