PDA

View Full Version : 2016-10-15 - AGS GOTW Week 7

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Get your nominations in for the AGS Game of the Week

You can use our schedule if you need to look for week 2 games.

THE AGS SCHEDULE SHEET (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gzhIxE4If0TFpg2tbG25JMGCCsh5AjoTnv8R_8NmQeI/pubhtml?gid=4&single=true)

(Please note there are many years on this sheet so select "2016" for best results for games happening this week of this season...xlolx)

You must say "I nominate" or "I second" or your nomination will NOT be counted! Cutoff is Tuesday noon East Coast Time.

You may nominate only one game. You may second as many as you'd like.

--------------------------------

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 16
Villanova at Richmond - 5
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 17
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

BisonTru
October 10th, 2016, 12:45 PM
I nominate SDSU@NDSU

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I second SDSU @NDSU

This won't be close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAR
I nominate UCA at McNeese.

A UCA win will end a once top 25 and last year's conference champion McNeese's post season eligibilty.

Go Lehigh TU owl
I nominate Villanova at Richmond

melloware13
October 10th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I second Villanova @ Richmond

Nova09
October 10th, 2016, 01:05 PM
I nominate JMU @ UNH

Twentysix
I second sdsu @ndsu. Kill the wabbit

chattanoogamocs
I nominate #5 Chattanooga at #7 The Citadel.

Battle of the South.

Nova09
I nominate Villanova at Richmond

I second Villanova @ Richmond

ngineer
October 10th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I second Villanova at Richmond.

UCMoc
October 10th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I second Chattanooga @ The Citadel

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 01:07 PM

Battle of the South.

I second #5 Chattanooga at #7 The Citadel.

- - - Updated - - -

I second SDSU @NDSU

This won't be close

Want to bet?

Bisonator
October 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I second SDSU @ NDSU

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2016, 01:11 PM
I second SDSU @ NDSU........

Thumper 76
I second #5 Chattanooga at #7 The Citadel.

- - - Updated - - -

Want to bet?

Lots of bison fans here. I'm not saying it's a runaway better game by any means. I'm judging off of board demographics. I won't be butt hurt about it if it's not, Chatty and Cit is a helluva game.

UpstateBison
I second SDSU @ NDSU

Catsfan90
October 10th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I second JMU @ UNH

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Lots of bison fans here. I'm not saying it's a runaway better game by any means. I'm judging off of board demographics. I won't be butt hurt about it if it's not, Chatty and Cit is a helluva game.

Last game between FCS unbeatens this year. Best D against best rushing O. Most likely for the SOCON crown. Yeah, I think this game is pretty compelling too. You might be right about the voting, but this has all the makings of a game of epic proportions. I know the marker game or whatever it is called is pretty good as well.xthumbsupx

Daytripper
October 10th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I second Chatty v. The Citadel.

dewey
October 10th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I nominate SDSU@NDSU

I second this game.

Lots of good games this week.

Dewey

SU DOG
October 10th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I second UTC @ The Citadel.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Last game between FCS unbeatens this year. Best D against best rushing O. Most likely for the SOCON crown. Yeah, I think this game is pretty compelling too. You might be right about the voting, but this has all the makings of a game of epic proportions. I know the marker game or whatever it is called is pretty good as well.xthumbsupx

The unbeaten thing is kind of overrated for me, because they both have their FBS game at the back of the schedule. Personally think Poly has a better rushing offense, but I'm biased. But I do agree if they were both regular conference matchups that's the game I would vote for.

Marker Game is a huge game here. Kinda the Brawl of the Wild or BOTPW of the MVFC.

KUlawJack
October 10th, 2016, 01:26 PM
I second SDSU at NDSU.

jacksfan29
October 10th, 2016, 01:28 PM
second SDSU at NDSU

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Second the Marker game, SDSU at NDSU

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 01:32 PM
The unbeaten thing is kind of overrated for me, because they both have their FBS game at the back of the schedule. Personally think Poly has a better rushing offense, but I'm biased. But I do agree if they were both regular conference matchups that's the game I would vote for.

Marker Game is a huge game here. Kinda the Brawl of the Wild or BOTPW of the MVFC.

They are arguably better, but I was simply going on YPG at the moment. But we also have something called defense in the SOCON. Not sure every team in the Big Sky actually fields one.

Mocdaddy
October 10th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I second UTC and The Citadel

RDN88
October 10th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I second SDSU @ NDSU

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2016, 01:45 PM
This isn't really a vote for GOTW but more of a census of how many MVFC fans are on this message board.

Please try to remove your homer glasses and admit that there MAY be a more compelling game out there this week than NDSU/SDSU. What are SDSU's odds of ACTUALLY beating NDSU? If it's not close to 50%, you can't argue it's the best game in the entire country this week with all the other matchups.

Flame away.

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2016, 02:00 PM

Battle of the South.

I second this.

A pair of unbeatens meeting. Very likely determines the SoCon champion. Chattanooga only 4 point favorites. Great storyline with the Citadel full steam ahead despite losing their HC to JMU.

Meanwhile there's NDSU/SDSU where Massey gives NDSU an 86% chance of winning and they are 16 point favorites. Not even anywhere near as compelling.

Bisonator
October 10th, 2016, 02:00 PM
This isn't really a vote for GOTW but more of a census of how many MVFC fans are on this message board.

Please try to remove your homer glasses and admit that there MAY be a more compelling game out there this week than NDSU/SDSU. What are SDSU's odds of ACTUALLY beating NDSU? If it's not close to 50%, you can't argue it's the best game in the entire country this week with all the other matchups.

Flame away.
I admit the UTC @ The Cit is another big game. In fact I second that one too.
I'd give SDSU a better shot then either UTC or The Cit.;)

Milktruck74
October 10th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Be careful calling GOTW...you might upset someone or possibly an entire fan base....of course they stopped waving that banner when they were down 42 points in the 3rd.

Gil Dobie
October 10th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Bison fan seconds Chatty vs El Cit

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Bear fan seconds Chatty vs. El Cit

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I second this.

A pair of unbeatens meeting. Very likely determines the SoCon champion. Chattanooga only 4 point favorites. Great storyline with the Citadel full steam ahead despite losing their HC to JMU.

Meanwhile there's NDSU/SDSU where Massey gives NDSU an 86% chance of winning and they are 16 point favorites. Not even anywhere near as compelling.

If you're going to use Massey as your measure then NDSU shouldn't be involved in any GOTW cause they will be favored by a bunch in every game.

I personally think SDSU has a better shot at NDSU than El Cid against Chatty, but I have some blue and yellow glasses as well.

kdinva
October 10th, 2016, 02:29 PM

I second UTC @ The Citadel

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 02:43 PM

Nominated:
UCA at McNeese

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 9
Villanova at Richmond - 2
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 8
JMU @ UNH

BisonTru
October 10th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Nominated:
UCA at McNeese

I'll second the Bears and Pokes.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2016, 02:49 PM
...AH SECOND......CHATTANOOGA/THE CITADEL..............AWK!

Gangtackle11
October 10th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I second Villanova @ Richmond.

Bison56
October 10th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I second SDSU @ NDSU (SDSU@NDSU)

SUPharmacist
October 10th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I second SDSU @ NDSU.

cidgrad89
October 10th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Second Chattanooga @ The Citadel

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 03:34 PM

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 11
Villanova at Richmond - 3
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 10
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

citdog
October 10th, 2016, 03:53 PM
I second Chatt @ El Cid

Scrappy94
October 10th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I second Chattanooga at The Citadel.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 10th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I second 'nova Richmond

Schism55
October 10th, 2016, 04:51 PM

Flame away.
LOL, salty much?
Maybe these intelligent folks took a look at Chatt and Citadels schedules and realized they have beaten noone. Both barely survived winless and awful Furman.
Play someone, beat said someone....get respect.

RootinFerDukes
October 10th, 2016, 05:05 PM
LOL, salty much?
Maybe these intelligent folks took a look at Chatt and Citadels schedules and realized they have beaten noone. Both barely survived winless and awful Furman.

SDSU is more likely to get blown out than beat NDSU. That just screams GOTW. 3 possession underdogs.

CID1990
October 10th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Chatt vs El Cid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
October 10th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I second Chattanooga at The Citadel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2016, 06:08 PM
I second SDSU @ NDSU

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 06:12 PM

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 12
Villanova at Richmond - 4
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 13
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

TheKingpin28
October 10th, 2016, 06:22 PM
I second sdsu VS NDSU

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 07:42 PM
LOL, salty much?

And yet another Midwesterner shows their ignorance to the world. Congrats. Think much?

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2016, 07:43 PM
I second ndsu-sdsu

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2016, 07:51 PM
And yet another Midwesterner shows their ignorance to the world. Congrats. Think much?

Not saying they are right or that you are ignorant, but if you have evidence you believe refutes their statement, share it. It makes for better conversation than attacking every Midwesterner on the board and calling someone ignorant. ;)

Terry2889
October 10th, 2016, 07:54 PM
I nominate JMU @ UNH

Stop it!

Nova at Richmond for me.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 10th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I second VU @Richmond.

F the Dakotas and their crayons and markers!

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Too bad they are all the same week because Nova-Richmond, UTC-Citadel, and the marker are all great games.

I agree people need to stop it on JMU-UNH. xlolx

Schism55
October 10th, 2016, 08:02 PM
So...the average Sagarin rating for the 4 fcs schools The Citadel has played is 184. And you played a D2 school. Real murderers row there!
How am I wrong again?

RabidRabbit
October 10th, 2016, 08:02 PM

Flame away.
I second SDSU @ NDSU - EWU lost in OT to NDSU in Fargo when Nick ???, stud D for NDSU was playing. SDSU is similarly able school with a better? receiving corps and a good enough running backs so they can't go all out. If anyone knocks the Bison off in Fargo, Jacks or Guins should be the best chances.

Chatty vs Cit, and Nova vs Richmond are also good choices.

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2016, 08:06 PM
I second Chatty vs THE Citadel

KPSUL
October 10th, 2016, 08:09 PM
I second Nova @ Richmond

KPSUL
October 10th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Too bad they are all the same week because Nova-Richmond, UTC-Citadel, and the marker are all great games.

I nominate UNI for second consecutive week as most significant loss vs Youngstown State.

POD Knows
October 10th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Second SDSU V NDSU

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 08:22 PM
So...the average Sagarin rating for the 4 fcs schools The Citadel has played is 184. And you played a D2 school. Real murderers row there!
How am I wrong again?

If you simply averaged the # rank you show how, ill informed you are. You have to look at the rating itself to get anywhere close to a accurate comparison. I did the same for SDSU and came up with 129. The ranking of the schedule 1-253 isn't a very good means for comparison. Doesn't reflect an accurate evaluation of their SOS.

The actual rating comparison for Sagarin is NDSU - 58.78, SDSU - 53.47 and Chattanooga 40.04, The Citadel - 44.29

But Sagarin is not as accurate as Massey so I suggest you use that one. Yes, we have not had a seriously hard schedule yet. Our toughest games are in the second half of the year including our FBS game. Most other teams have already had theirs including both NDSU and SDSU, hence the higher SOS so far. Doesn't change the fact that this is a big game by 2 top 10 teams. Get over it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2016, 08:22 PM
WEEK #1THE CITADEL-MERCER (SOC0N)
WEEK #2 EASTERN WASHINGTON-NORTH DAKOTA STATE (BIG SKY/MVFC
WEEK #3 NORTHERN IOWA-EASTERN WASHINGTON (MVFC/BIG SKY)
WEEK #4 MONTANA-CAL POLY (BIG SKY)
WEEK #5 WESTERN ILLINOIS-SOUTH DAKOTA STATE ((MVFC)
WEEK#6 RICHMOND-ALBANY (CAA)

....THINK AH'M NOTICIN' UH PATTERN......ALL-DOUGH....ALL STRONG GAMES.....AN' IN EARLY WEEKS.....PROLLY BEST CHOICES......WE'RE GETTIN' INTA MEAT UH MOST CONFERENCES SKEDS.....WHERE EVERAH WEEK WILL OFFER-UP.......TOUGH CHOICES............(CHATTANOOGA/THE CITADEL.....TWO UNDEFEATED.....AN' HIGHLY RANKED)....IS DUH PERFECT STORM DIS WEEKEND.....DUH BOARD....IS TILTED.......TOWARDS BIG FLUFFY/MVFC VOTERS....AH'VE ALWAYS LIVED BAH...."MAJORITY RULES".....JES' SAYIN'......TA KEEP OTHERAH CONFERENCES IN MIND.....MIX IT UP...UH LITTLE.......WHEN WEIGHIN'....YER DECISIONS......AWK!

..............OR...HOW 'BOUT....GOTW.....IN EVERAH CONFERENCE.....EVERAH WEEK?.......BRAWK!

.....EL CID...AH STAND CORRECTED.....&....FIXED....WENT WHIFF FAULTY MEMORY....ON WEEK #1......LOOKED UP DUH REST......xembarrassedx....AWK!

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Except GOTW for week one was not Montana/N Iowa, it was The Citadel/Mercer.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?184293-2016-0903-AGS-GOTW-Week-1/page7

But the point is well taken.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 08:38 PM
WEEK #1 MONTANA-NORTHERN IOWA (BIG SKY/MVFC)

....THINK AH'M NOTICIN' UH PATTERN......ALL-DOUGH....ALL STRONG GAMES.....AN' IN EARLY WEEKS.....PROLLY BEST CHOICES......WE'RE GETTIN' INTA MEAT UH MOST CONFERENCES SKEDS.....WHERE EVERAH WEEK WILL OFFER-UP.......TOUGH CHOICES............(CHATTANOOGA/THE CITADEL.....TWO UNDEFEATED.....AN' HIGHLY RANKED)....IS DUH PERFECT STORM DIS WEEKEND.....DUH BOARD....IS TILTED.......TOWARDS BIG FLUFFY/MVFC VOTERS....AH'VE ALWAYS LIVED BAH...."MAJORITY RULES".....JES' SAYIN'......TA KEEP OTHERAH CONFERENCES IN MIND.....MIX IT UP...UH LITTLE.......WHEN WEIGHIN'....YER DECISIONS......AWK!

..............OR...HOW 'BOUT....GOTW.....IN EVERAH CONFERENCE.....EVERAH WEEK?.......BRAWK!

Or, another way to go, is to let the E Coasters get off their butts and get involved (some do of course) because as I see it things are pretty evenly split as far as regions with this place. ECB has just got to get off it's ass and start making some noise instead of laying back and taking it all the time.:D

I'm not running more than one of these. Hell, I'd just as soon somebody else ran this one. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 08:39 PM
BTW, the E Coast splitting it's vote, as I mentioned once last year as well, is not a good idea. Find the best one and line up if you gotta.

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2016, 08:40 PM
...ELCID....AH STAND CORRECTED......WENT WHIFF FAULTY MEMORY...FOR WEEK #1......LOOKED UP DUH REST..........FIXED IT....xembarrassedx...AWK!

ElCid
October 10th, 2016, 08:41 PM
BTW, the E Coast splitting it's vote, as I mentioned once last year as well, is not a good idea. Find the best one and line up if you gotta.

Yeah, but the games that won really were the most compelling for those weeks.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but the games that won really were the most compelling for those weeks.xthumbsupx

I agree. On AGS, for the most part I think a lot of people's region is the entirety of the FCS world. That is why we are here for the most part.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 08:44 PM

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 16
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 14
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

The Yo Show
October 10th, 2016, 09:23 PM
I second Chattanooga at the Citadel

MR. CHICKEN
October 10th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Or, another way to go, is to let the E Coasters get off their butts and get involved (some do of course) because as I see it things are pretty evenly split as far as regions with this place. ECB has just got to get off it's ass and start making some noise instead of laying back and taking it all the time.:D

I'm not running more than one of these. Hell, I'd just as soon somebody else ran this one. xlolx

.....YEAH....DUMB IDEAR......DIDN'T THINK DAT ONE THRU.....xembarrassedx.....BROCK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2016, 09:36 PM

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 16
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 15
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I second VU @Richmond.

F the Dakotas and their crayons and markers!

Hey! Markers smell amazing and crayons are delicious. Unless glue isn't available. Glue is tasty AF.

Thumper 76
October 10th, 2016, 09:47 PM
WEEK #1THE CITADEL-MERCER (SOC0N)

.....EL CID...AH STAND CORRECTED.....&....FIXED....WENT WHIFF FAULTY MEMORY....ON WEEK #1......LOOKED UP DUH REST......xembarrassedx....AWK!

The OOC games really isn't fair considering the lack of travel of the SoCon and CAA. Yes I understand the why let's not spiral into that drivel. So to point at a slant towards the west coast when those are the two major conferences that have matched their top teams with each other in the OOC when the CAA and SoCon haven't had any real stand out games prior to in conference match ups isn't really fair either. I do agree that the vote will be slanted somewhat due to the population of the board, but don't cry about not having the GOTW when your conference offers weak matchups in the OOC. Every conference ends up with the GOTW (at least power conferences) at least once if not twice. I'm inclined to lean towards the Chatty Citadel game even though I'm a SDSU fan. But using the OOC games is a bit of a biased assessment due to matchups.

chattownmocs
October 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM
I second chattanooga @the Citadel

It might be a little different if SDSU beat cal poly but they didn't. Don't see where the decision is.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 12:03 AM
This should be one hell of a boat race this week...if you bunch of Richards remember to come back and push a button.

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 16
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 16
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

Twentysix
October 11th, 2016, 01:51 AM
Hmm, if someone really cared they could go drum up support on bisonville.

I don't care enough to do it, but it's an idea.

Millwoch
October 11th, 2016, 07:28 AM
I second Chatty @ El Cid

RootinFerDukes
October 11th, 2016, 07:53 AM

JMU/UNH is a big game, but it's at best the #4 game this week. It's bound to be more competitive than the SDSU/NDSU game though, strictly looking at it "on paper". Yes i know, games aren't played on paper.

RootinFerDukes
October 11th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I may have started a pro-socon revolution this week xlolx

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2016, 09:47 AM
JMU/UNH is a big game, but it's at best the #4 game this week. It's bound to be more competitive than the SDSU/NDSU game though, strictly looking at it "on paper". Yes i know, games aren't played on paper.

I agree that it is a big game, but I don't anticipate it being a close one.

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Hmm, if someone really cared they could go drum up support on bisonville.

I don't care enough to do it, but it's an idea.

No way. This is the AGS GOTW not bisonville's

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM

Then why not quit crying about this crap? JFC, this is what this board wants as the GOTW. Holy Christ.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 10:47 AM
No way. This is the AGS GOTW not bisonville's

Exactly. I would ignore a bunch of Johnny come lately's. If they are a regular posting member, great, if not, pay no attention.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 10:48 AM
The nominations and seconds are now closed.

xlolx

Nominated:

Seconded:
SDSU @ NDSU - 16
Chattanooga at The Citadel - 17
JMU @ UNH
UCA at McNeese

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 10:53 AM
The fight is on, get your vote in.

RootinFerDukes
October 11th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Then why not quit crying about this crap? JFC, this is what this board wants as the GOTW. Holy Christ.

I'm simply providing some push back. Sorry if it ruffles some feathers.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 11:06 AM

Well, it's sort of going on and on so it seems a bit odd. I get it and all, we need push back at times. I was just scratching my head as I thought you were the one a few weeks back sort of with a dismissive post on "What does a winner even get?" so it seemed strange to be taking it so seriously now. Could be completely wrong on that assessment though.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 11:07 AM

AND, you did likely motivate some others to get involved and I do appreciate that a whole lot.xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Well, it's sort of going on and on so it seems a bit odd. I get it and all, we need push back at times. I was just scratching my head as I thought you were the one a few weeks back sort of with a dismissive post on "What does a winner even get?" so it seemed strange to be taking it so seriously now. Could be completely wrong on that assessment though.

Pretty sure he was the one who was mad it wasn't the two highest ranked teams in a game that got picked.

Gil Dobie
October 11th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Voted for the game with 2 top 10 teams playing.

RootinFerDukes
October 11th, 2016, 11:36 AM

I don't remember posting that but maybe. I think in Week 1 I questioned if Citadel/Mercer was the GOTW since Mercer was so off the radar at the time, and still is. It ended up being much closer than anticipated I think.

I get that it's ultimately people's opinions, I just ask them to pick it because it has a good national impact or even a significant conference or postseason impact. We shouldn't be picking games solely because it contains our favorite team but should be analyzing it deeper than that. I know JMU is bound to be in a GOTW at some point when we face UR or VU and I'll catch hell then for voting for my team.

Okay I'm done. Both should be good games regardless.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2016, 12:00 PM
D.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I don't remember posting that but maybe. I think in Week 1 I questioned if Citadel/Mercer was the GOTW since Mercer was so off the radar at the time, and still is. It ended up being much closer than anticipated I think.

I get that it's ultimately people's opinions, I just ask them to pick it because it has a good national impact or even a significant conference or postseason impact. We shouldn't be picking games solely because it contains our favorite team but should be analyzing it deeper than that. I know JMU is bound to be in a GOTW at some point when we face UR or VU and I'll catch hell then for voting for my team.

Okay I'm done. Both should be good games regardless.

Do you watch anyone else play? We all voted for Cit/Mercer because we expected a good game. xlolx.

BisonTru
October 11th, 2016, 12:04 PM
. I know JMU is bound to be in a GOTW at some point when we face UR or VU and I'll catch hell then for voting for my team.

No you won't

ngineer
October 11th, 2016, 12:22 PM
What happened to the Villanova/Richmond game. I and a number of others seconded it. Are only top two nominees on the ballot? I thought if a game was nominated and seconded, it got on the ballot. Sort of like the "third parties" not being able to get on ballots without major party support.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 01:08 PM
What happened to the Villanova/Richmond game. I and a number of others seconded it. Are only top two nominees on the ballot? I thought if a game was nominated and seconded, it got on the ballot. Sort of like the "third parties" not being able to get on ballots without major party support.

Didn't you recently ask this same question ngineer? Anyway, once in a great while if there is a tie then a third team will make the ballot. Otherwise, it is the top two and that is it. A third team on a ballot might happen about once a year. It wasn't even close to making it this time (Villanova/Richmond) due to the popularity of the other two.

thebootfitter
October 11th, 2016, 05:19 PM
This won't be close
Somewhat surprisingly... it is!

Maybe folks are getting tired of NDSU getting so much attention and tired of all the MVFC is better talk?

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Somewhat surprisingly... it is!

Maybe folks are getting tired of NDSU getting so much attention and tired of all the MVFC is better talk?

I forgot about The Chatty Cid game being two top ten teams at the time.....I actually voted for that one tbh.

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2016, 06:31 PM
WHY IS NDSU/SDSU NOT AHEAD BY 50 POINTS YOU MIGHT ASK???

The Yo Show
October 11th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Dead heat right now... what happens if they tie? Also, to whatever game loses the vote, know people still find it important.xthumbsupx

Bisonator
October 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM

Not surprising. We aren't all obnoxious homers.;)

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 07:50 PM

This is not bisonville

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2016, 08:12 PM
This is not bisonville

It's like they are begging Bison fans to flood the board.

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 08:25 PM
It's like they are begging Bison fans to flood the board.

I only voted for the sdsu VS NDSU game in hopes they would win and people would claim MVFC bias and "of course they would win with the amount of Bison fans on here."

I honestly think both games are equal in paper match-up but game wise, if NDSUs secondary does not show up big time, which would not surprise me, then this game would be the game of the week. If NDSU has any kind of a secondary, this game will not be as "balanced" as it could be.

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2016, 09:48 PM
This is not bisonville

I apologize for trying to post a political video in this forum. It won't happen again.

ursus approves this message.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 11th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Cats, I see the attempt at humor but that ain't going here my man, sorry.xthumbsupx

Catsfan90
October 11th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Cats, I see the attempt at humor but that ain't going here my man, sorry.xthumbsupx
I got it won't happen again :p

TheKingpin28
October 12th, 2016, 12:21 AM
I apologize for trying to post a political video in this forum. It won't happen again.

ursus approves this message.

I'd be willing to bet I enjoy it since we have some similar views when it comes to politics, but I am willing to bet I am more conservative when it comes to economics and more laisse-fair when it comes to social issues, but if you want to rile the masses, go to bisonville.

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2016, 12:59 AM
I'd be willing to bet I enjoy it since we have some similar views when it comes to politics, but I am willing to bet I am more conservative when it comes to economics and more laisse-fair when it comes to social issues, but if you want to rile the masses, go to bisonville.

I've been tempted to just go over there and go all Galt on them and see how quick I can get banned or buried in red chicklets.....seriously xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 12th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I've been tempted to just go over there and go all Galt on them and see how quick I can get banned or buried in red chicklets.....seriously xlolx

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

Mayville Bison
October 12th, 2016, 08:45 AM
If you simply averaged the # rank you show how, ill informed you are. You have to look at the rating itself to get anywhere close to a accurate comparison. I did the same for SDSU and came up with 129. The ranking of the schedule 1-253 isn't a very good means for comparison. Doesn't reflect an accurate evaluation of their SOS.

The actual rating comparison for Sagarin is NDSU - 58.78, SDSU - 53.47 and Chattanooga 40.04, The Citadel - 44.29

But Sagarin is not as accurate as Massey so I suggest you use that one. Yes, we have not had a seriously hard schedule yet. Our toughest games are in the second half of the year including our FBS game. Most other teams have already had theirs including both NDSU and SDSU, hence the higher SOS so far. Doesn't change the fact that this is a big game by 2 top 10 teams. Get over it.

I've seen this said multiple times, but it's always with the caveat "The discrepancy in the total numbers is due to Sagarin did not predict Week 1 games or Div II games.". Considering FCS teams have a 87% winning percentage against D2 (assuming Massey picked FCS teams each time), wouldn't that be bringing up the average and both would be within 1% of each other? At that point, less than 1% isn't enough of a gap to say "use this one instead of this one".

As for the vote itself, both games have a big impact on how conference races will end up as well as seeding implications. For anyone to say that one game is definitively better or more important that the other needs to have their head examined a little. There are personal preferences, but both games (as well as a couple others) are going to cause some ripples in the FCS world.

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 09:40 AM
In college football, and probably any other sport, when 2 undefeated teams play, it's bigger than when an undefeated team plays a 2-loss team.

Mayville Bison
October 12th, 2016, 10:29 AM
In college football, and probably any other sport, when 2 undefeated teams play, it's bigger than when an undefeated team plays a 2-loss team.

All these rules I'm learning. I guess we should re-vote on last week's poll then too since the Mercer/Chatty game was ineligible since Harvard/Cornell were both undefeated. xslapfightx

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 10:41 AM
All these rules I'm learning. I guess we should re-vote on last week's poll then too since the Mercer/Chatty game was ineligible since Harvard/Cornell were both undefeated. xslapfightx

That game was nominated? You realize chattanooga was up 38-3 at the half right? Who thought that was a good matchup?

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2016, 10:57 AM

That's part of how I thought about it yesterday. Think about ESPN college game day. Who would they be more likely to go visit that week? An undefeated matchup between two ACC schools with the winner likely going to be the ACC champion or would they go to Alabama to see them play a barely above .500 LSU team? That's the equivalent of what we have here this week. Yeah Alabama is the defending champion... but they're playing an LSU team that doesn't beat them enough.

FUBeAR
October 12th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Who thought that was a good matchup?

OrangeAndBlack - Nominator
dgtw - First Seconder
Bison56 - Second Seconder
UpstateBison - Third Seconder
and....assuming those 4 voted FOR that matchup; then, 4 other Unidentified AGS Voters (FUBeAR was 1 of those 4)

....AND

...in ATTENDANCE: 11,039

...so 11,047 (more or less) people who thought it was a good enough match-up to invest time and/or $'s to see it live.

Chatt certainly jumped out and jumped ON the Bears early...and then wouldn't let 'Big MO' enter the game after Mercer blocked a punt and scored a TD quickly to start the 2nd half. It had been a GREAT matchup the prior 2 years as each Team defeated the other while defending their home turf in very close 1-score games, despite the fact that the pre-game predicted margins of victory for Chatt were much greater than they were this year.

It just didn't work out that way this season. That said, I'm so happy to see that the Good Lord has chosen to bestow 20/20 hindsight upon you to add to the already long list of personal attributes which you so readily inform us all that you possess. Bless your heart.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2016, 12:09 PM
What a great battle!

I ain't gonna lie. It f'n tickles me that the AGS GOTW is something worthy of fairly good debate.

MTfan4life
October 12th, 2016, 12:35 PM
What a great battle!

I ain't gonna lie. It f'n tickles me that the AGS GOTW is something worthy of fairly good debate.

http://i39.tinypic.com/e0silt.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2016, 12:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/uPZb9YzGN3Yre/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I am going to make you sound like a real asshole next week.

xlolx

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 01:22 PM
That's part of how I thought about it yesterday. Think about ESPN college game day. Who would they be more likely to go visit that week? An undefeated matchup between two ACC schools with the winner likely going to be the ACC champion or would they go to Alabama to see them play a barely above .500 LSU team? That's the equivalent of what we have here this week. Yeah Alabama is the defending champion... but they're playing an LSU team that doesn't beat them enough.

Everybody points at SDSUs record against NDSU like SDSU is some sort of a sham. They have been matched up against the bison more than any other team in this five year run. Of the bisons very few losses during that run they lost the majority of them to teams that it's fair to say they overlooked. USD, Indian State, and an average at best YSU team. The other two losses was UNI and Montana. I don't like our record against them obviously but people dismiss SDSU as if they are completely noncompetitive compared to every other team the bison play, which is ridiculous. The rivalry game is never overlooked by them. They don't come out flag or overlooking us in these games. SDSU has had some bad losses in there but they also have some games just as competitive if not more than anybody else has played them.

So please tell me what team does "beat them enough" by your standards. SDSU gets sneered at for not beating them during this stretch and is called "non competitive" when the only thing that's different between the SDSU and UNI games is UNI has won once. What a massive gap.

RootinFerDukes
October 12th, 2016, 01:29 PM
I'll take the bait. SDSU has lost 8 consecutive to NDSU and has not won in Fargo since 2008. You are 16 point underdogs in this particular match-up and you're on the road too in the most hostile environment in FCS football. You've lost those eight consecutive by a margin of 15.3 ppg.

I'd love to see SDSU beat NDSU, honestly. I just wouldn't argue my team's chance when we've dropped eight in a row to them and haven't beaten them in their house in 8 years.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM
I'll take the bait. SDSU has lost 8 consecutive to NDSU and has not won in Fargo since 2008. You are 16 point underdogs in this particular match-up and you're on the road too in the most hostile environment in FCS football.

I'd love to see SDSU beat NDSU, honestly. I just wouldn't argue my team's chance when we've dropped eight in a row to them and haven't beaten them in their house in 8 years.

They aren't playing Montana this week.

Mayville Bison
October 12th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Everybody points at SDSUs record against NDSU like SDSU is some sort of a sham. They have been matched up against the bison more than any other team in this five year run. Of the bisons very few losses during that run they lost the majority of them to teams that it's fair to say they overlooked. USD, Indian State, and an average at best YSU team. The other two losses was UNI and Montana. I don't like our record against them obviously but people dismiss SDSU as if they are completely noncompetitive compared to every other team the bison play, which is ridiculous. The rivalry game is never overlooked by them. They don't come out flag or overlooking us in these games. SDSU has had some bad losses in there but they also have some games just as competitive if not more than anybody else has played them.

So please tell me what team does "beat them enough" by your standards. SDSU gets sneered at for not beating them during this stretch and is called "non competitive" when the only thing that's different between the SDSU and UNI games is UNI has won once. What a massive gap.

The same people who are saying SDSU is "barely above .500" are the same people that will be saying, "losing @North Carolina/Alabama/any other P5 team shouldn't hurt our chances at a seed." Irony...

Meanwhile, The Citadel hasn't come within 17 points of Chatty at home since Chatty beat 1 team (D2? NAIA?) in 2008. So since history is the only determining factor (and records of course), this game should be a blowout. We can all twist facts into anything we want. This post was probly more directed at others rather than you, Thumper. Sorry

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 01:49 PM
I'll take the bait. SDSU has lost 8 consecutive to NDSU and has not won in Fargo since 2008. You are 16 point underdogs in this particular match-up and you're on the road too in the most hostile environment in FCS football. You've lost those eight consecutive by a margin of 15.3 ppg.

Ok, who has beaten them in their house? Usd, YSU, and ISUb.

Also, of the games in Fargo, 3/5 have been one score or less, with two of those being decided by a fg difference. SDSU has actually played them much tougher in Fargo than in Brookings.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2016, 01:58 PM
They aren't playing Montana this week.
#notastadium

#notcoldandloud

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2016, 02:22 PM
The same people who are saying SDSU is "barely above .500" are the same people that will be saying, "losing @North Carolina/Alabama/any other P5 team shouldn't hurt our chances at a seed." Irony...

Meanwhile, The Citadel hasn't come within 17 points of Chatty at home since Chatty beat 1 team (D2? NAIA?) in 2008. So since history is the only determining factor (and records of course), this game should be a blowout. We can all twist facts into anything we want. This post was probly more directed at others rather than you, Thumper. Sorry

........SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE.....HASN'T BEAT.....DUH BIZONSSSSS......SINCE 2009.........AN' OWN-LAH 5...UH....18.....MEETIN'S....TOTAL....SINCE....... 2000.......BRAWK!

ngineer
October 12th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Didn't you recently ask this same question ngineer? Anyway, once in a great while if there is a tie then a third team will make the ballot. Otherwise, it is the top two and that is it. A third team on a ballot might happen about once a year. It wasn't even close to making it this time (Villanova/Richmond) due to the popularity of the other two.

Yes, but I did not recall getting an answer. If you did, and I missed it, I apologize and now understand the system. I may have known at one time, but at my age, and too many bell-ringers over the years, I probably forgot!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Yes, but I did not recall getting an answer. If you did, and I missed it, I apologize and now understand the system. I may have known at one time, but at my age, and too many bell-ringers over the years, I probably forgot!

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2016, 10:38 PM
DEAD EVEN!

78 votes and still a couple days to go. Get your vote in.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 02:03 AM

So what you're saying is same time next week?

Smitty
October 13th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Wow I'm surprised that the vote is this close...

Honestly the SoCon won't have any other chances for the game of the week besides for the game here.

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 09:34 AM
How is this vote tied? xconfusedx

I nominate Western Carolina vs. Mercer, bc, honestly, if half the people voting in this thing think NDSU/SDSU is as compelling as Chatt/Citadel, our game might as well have a shot, too.

xcoffeex

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 10:30 AM

I nominate Western Carolina vs. Mercer, bc, honestly, if half the people voting in this thing think NDSU/SDSU is as compelling as Chatt/Citadel, our game might as well have a shot, too.

xcoffeex

The butt hurt is strong

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 11:16 AM
The butt hurt is strong

But the logic is stronger

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 11:30 AM
But the logic is stronger

Enlighten me. As strong as the logic that Mercer would beat Catty?

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Enlighten me. As strong as the logic that Mercer would beat Catty?

My God, do I have to walk you through this? The Mercer-WCU element of my statement was a device to illustrate the ridiculousness (reductio ad absurdum) of thinking the two games nominated for game of the week are equally compelling. Hence, has nothing to do with actual MercerWCU. More about looking at these two nominated games with an non-fan's eye. You're an SDSU fan. I get it. But on paper one of these games looks way more interesting.

You can go back to coloring now.

dewey
October 13th, 2016, 11:51 AM
But on paper one of these games looks way more interesting.

One of the matchups features the 5 time defending National Champions vs. a high powered SDSU team that has NFL talent at WR and TE along with a great dual threat quarterback in the greatest venue in the FCS for the Dakota Marker looking to end the Bison dominance. Both games have huge conference and playoff implications but 2 of these teams have proven that they can win in the playoffs (or at least until SDSU has to play at NDSU) while 2 of them...well they haven't.

Both are great matchups.

I am going back to coloring now.

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2016, 11:58 AM
One of the matchups features the 5 time defending National Champions vs. a high powered SDSU team that has NFL talent at WR and TE along with a great dual threat quarterback in the greatest venue in the FCS for the Dakota Marker looking to end the Bison dominance. Both games have huge conference and playoff implications but 2 of these teams have proven that they can win in the playoffs (or at least until SDSU has to play at NDSU) while 2 of them...well they haven't.

Both are great matchups.

I am going back to coloring now.

Dewey

.................EGG-ZACKLY............BRAWK!

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 11:59 AM
My God, do I have to walk you through this? The Mercer-WCU element of my statement was a device to illustrate the ridiculousness (reductio ad absurdum) of thinking the two games nominated for game of the week are equally compelling. Hence, has nothing to do with actual MercerWCU. More about looking at these two nominated games with an non-fan's eye. You're an SDSU fan. I get it. But on paper one of these games looks way more interesting.

To you, you're a SoCon fan who has been extremely vocal about the SoCon not getting enough respect. So sorry if I don't take your take as completely unbiased. And way more interesting is extremely subjective. One is two top ten teams and one is number one vs a team just outside the top 25. Neither of the underdogs have been very successful against the favorite. One offers an explosive offense and the other a grind it out triple option. NDSU was almost taken out by a similar team to SDSU this year. Chatty hasn't been really challenged much this year while the Citadel has been in a lot of close games. So maybe it is closer between the two games than you want to think, so that way you can cry bias?

Oh, and I voted for the Chatty/Citadel game so blow it out your ass ya twat.

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 12:03 PM
To you, you're a SoCon fan who has been extremely vocal about the SoCon not getting enough respect. So sorry if I don't take your take as completely unbiased. And way more interesting is extremely subjective. One is two top ten teams and one is number one vs a team just outside the top 25. Neither of the underdogs have been very successful against the favorite. One offers an explosive offense and the other a grind it out triple option. NDSU was almost taken out by a similar team to SDSU this year. Chatty hasn't been really challenged much this year while the Citadel has been in a lot of close games. So maybe it is closer between the two games than you want to think, so that way you can cry bias?

Oh, and I voted for the Chatty/Citadel game so blow it out your ass ya twat.

Find any post of mine ever in history where I have said anything about the SoCon not getting enough respect, or complained about the SoCon's status nationally.

I'll wait...

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Find any post of mine ever in history where I have said anything about the SoCon not getting enough respect, or complained about the SoCon's status nationally.

I'll wait...

My bad had you confused with a different bear poster. My bad. Still as a SoCon fan you're not going to be unbiased either. My point still stands.

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2016, 12:09 PM
NDSU/SDSU is a rivalry game including the top team in the country and arguably a top 10 SDSU. Not quite at the same level, but I will be curious how you guys vote "The Brawl" later on in the year.

As far as Chatty and El Cid. Gimme the Mocs by 2 TDs.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 12:37 PM

No it doesn't. Both of these games are equally compelling so WTF are you talking about? I'm not a fan of either conference or either team which you and Thumper both are so the stuff you are trying to lay on him apparently is also on you.

There is zero difference in how much I want to see either of these games. They are both great matchups.

I've also seen a lot of this "on paper" **** this week. WTF happened that this has suddenly become some measurement?

Daytripper
October 13th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I see that MVFC fans are making fake accounts to vote....xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 12:44 PM

I watch every new account as it is made so you'll have to show me what you are talking about cuz the last two new people are UNH and another CAA fan. So what are we talking about here?

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Some of you guys take this waaaaaaaaay too seriously. This is game... about deciding what the best game is according to the AGS community... there are two great games this week to choose from. Loosen your sphincters a little bit.

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2016, 12:58 PM
arguably a top 10 SDSU.

SDSU lost to Cal Poly
Cal Poly lost to North Dakota
North Dakota lost to Stony Brook
Stony Brook lost to Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart lost to Wagner
Wagner lost to Columbia
Columbia is rated #92 in FCS in the Massey Ratings.

Transitively speaking, that's not a very strong argument for a Top 10 ranking for the JackRabbits.

proven that they can win in the playoffs (or at least until SDSU has to play at NDSU) while 2 of them...well they haven't.

SDSU has never been past the 2nd round of the FCS Playoffs. The JackRabbits have won 3 FCS Playoff games in their history and they were ousted in the 1st round last year.

Chattanooga AND The Citadel both made it to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs just last year and both lost extremely tight contests in Round 2; Chatt in OT to the National FCS Runner-Up.

I don't see there being much distinction between what SDSU has 'proven' in the Playoffs and what Chatt and El Cid have proven. Of course, NDSU is whole 'nother kettle of fish, but this 'argument' is about a compelling MATCH-UP, right?

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 01:09 PM
SDSU lost to Cal Poly
Wagner lost to Columbia

Transitively speaking, that's not a very strong argument for a Top 10 ranking for the JackRabbits.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/poty.jpg

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2016, 01:11 PM
SDSU lost to Cal Poly
Wagner lost to Columbia

SDSU has never been past the 2nd round of the FCS Playoffs. The JackRabbits have won 3 FCS Playoff games in their history and they were ousted in the 1st round last year.

Chattanooga AND The Citadel both made it to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs just last year and both lost extremely tight contests in Round 2; Chatt in OT to the National FCS Runner-Up.

I don't see there being much distinction between what SDSU has 'proven' in the Playoffs and what Chatt and El Cid have proven. Of course, NDSU is whole 'nother kettle of fish, but this 'argument' is about a compelling MATCH-UP, right?

Using the transitive property is not a strong argument for anything and has been proved worthless time and time again when applied to football.

You try having success moving past the second round when you get sent to either Montana, Fargo, or Cheney either first or second round. Regionalization has been a b**** to SDSU.

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 01:20 PM
No it doesn't. Both of these games are equally compelling so WTF are you talking about? I'm not a fan of either conference or either team which you and Thumper both are so the stuff you are trying to lay on him apparently is also on you.

There is zero difference in how much I want to see either of these games. They are both great matchups.

I've also seen a lot of this "on paper" **** this week. WTF happened that this has suddenly become some measurement?

Lol. Well, technically every game is "on paper" until you play it. So not sure why that upsets you so much.

And the games haven't been played yet. Or have they? And I've created a breach in the Space-Time Continuum?

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Using the transitive property is not a strong argument for anything and has been proved worthless time and time again when applied to football.

You try having success moving past the second round when you get sent to either Montana, Fargo, or Cheney either first or second round. Regionalization has been a b**** to SDSU.
SDSU could've avoided that if they had treated WIU last year a little more like they treated them this year. ;)

Of course that would've meant they probably would've gotten UNI in the 2nd round... but it would've been at home... well technically at home (in Sioux Falls).

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Lol. Well, technically every game is "on paper" until you play it. So not sure why that upsets you so much.

And the games haven't been played yet. Or have they? And I've created a breach in the Space-Time Continuum?

Because it is a dumb metric to use when both of these games are top notch. I mean if you want to use it when comparing two ****ty teams to two very good ones, it's still completely useless, but by all means.

Just keep seeing it as if it means something. It does not. Very simple.

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2016, 01:30 PM
SDSU lost to Cal Poly
Wagner lost to Columbia

Div I - FCS Columbia beat Wagner 15 - 13
Div I - FCS Wagner beat Sacred Heart 45 - 20
Div I - FCS Sacred Heart beat Stony Brook 38 - 10
Div I - FCS Stony Brook beat Richmond 42 - 14
Div I - FCS Richmond beat Virginia 37 - 20
Div I - FBS Virginia beat C Michigan 49 - 35
Div I - FBS C Michigan beat Oklahoma St 30 - 27
Div I - FBS Oklahoma St beat Pittsburgh 45 - 38
Div I - FBS Pittsburgh beat Georgia Tech 37 - 34
Div I - FBS Georgia Tech beat Mercer 35 - 10

dewey
October 13th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Some of you guys take this waaaaaaaaay too seriously. This is game... about deciding what the best game is according to the AGS community... there are two great games this week to choose from. Loosen your sphincters a little bit.

AMEN!

Please stop distracting me while I am trying to color pretty pictures for my refrigerator.

Dewey

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Because it is a dumb metric to use when both of these games are top notch. I mean if you want to use it when comparing two ****ty teams to two very good ones, it's still completely useless, but by all means.

Just keep seeing it as if it means something. It does not. Very simple.

So you think both games are equally good? By what "metric" are you basing that, since my "metric" of using the phrase "on paper" is (obviously) dumb.

And I'll also try and reconcile my tragic lifetime pre-game evaluations of what games I think are more compelling that, clearly, have been based on shoddy science all these years!

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 01:40 PM
AMEN!

Please stop distracting me while I am trying to color pretty pictures for my refrigerator.

Dewey

The fridge in the house or one of the ones in the front yard? :D

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 01:43 PM
SDSU lost to Cal Poly
Wagner lost to Columbia

Considering that of their playoff entries they have three wins with only one home game, and have been knocked out in Missoula twice, Fargo twice, and once to EWU who I believe won it all that year.

And the fact that you not only used the transitive property to try to say SDSU is worse than Columbia is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Div I - FCS Columbia beat Wagner 15 - 13
Div I - FCS Wagner beat Sacred Heart 45 - 20
Div I - FCS Sacred Heart beat Stony Brook 38 - 10
Div I - FCS Stony Brook beat Richmond 42 - 14
Div I - FCS Richmond beat Virginia 37 - 20
Div I - FBS Virginia beat C Michigan 49 - 35
Div I - FBS C Michigan beat Oklahoma St 30 - 27
Div I - FBS Oklahoma St beat Pittsburgh 45 - 38
Div I - FBS Pittsburgh beat Georgia Tech 37 - 34
Div I - FBS Georgia Tech beat Mercer 35 - 10

Good work, but...NAH...even in the wild & wooly world of transitive property assessments, you have to admit using the CMU over OSU game is out of bounds. I believe the officiating crew for that butchered outcome has been permanently assigned by a court of law to 10-20 years of refereeing girl's u10 ice hockey games in Siberia. As the Bears have only lost to 2 (currently) undefeated Teams and GT, the 'path' today HAS to run thru a Yellowjackets loss, but you just can't, in good conscience, throw that game in there.

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Good work, but...NAH...even in the wild & wooly world of transitive property assessments, you have to admit using the CMU over OSU game is out of bounds. I believe the officiating crew for that butchered outcome has been permanently assigned by a court of law to 10-20 years of refereeing girl's u10 ice hockey games in Siberia. As the Bears have only lost to 2 (currently) undefeated Teams and GT, the 'path' today HAS to run thru the Yellowjackets, but you just can't, in good conscience, throw that game in there.

Yes....because THAT is where that line needs to be drawn. Transitive property FTW. xlolx

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Good work, but...NAH...even in the wild & wooly world of transitive property assessments, you have to admit using the CMU over OSU game is out of bounds. I believe the officiating crew for that butchered outcome has been permanently assigned by a court of law to 10-20 years of refereeing girl's u10 ice hockey games in Siberia. As the Bears have only lost to 2 (currently) undefeated Teams and GT, the 'path' today HAS to run thru a Yellowjackets loss, but you just can't, in good conscience, throw that game in there.

Then you, in good conscience, can not tell me that SDSU is not deserving of their ranking since they lost to Cal Poly....

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2016, 02:07 PM
And the fact that you not only used the transitive property to try to say SDSU is worse than Columbia is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

You, obviously, have not been paying close enough attention to many of my other posts.

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Then you, in good conscience, can not tell me that SDSU is not deserving of their ranking since they lost to Cal Poly....

OK, I'll concede - SDSU is DEFINITELY better than #92 in the FCS and transitive property assessment is not a perfect science.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 02:28 PM
So you think both games are equally good? By what "metric" are you basing that, since my "metric" of using the phrase "on paper" is (obviously) dumb.

And I'll also try and reconcile my tragic lifetime pre-game evaluations of what games I think are more compelling that, clearly, have been based on shoddy science all these years!

The metric is real simple. These are two games between two sets of good teams. I can see that, the voting public can see that, but you have some magical paper to tell you which one should be counted and which shouldn't matter. xlolx

Good **** tiger.

Bisonator
October 13th, 2016, 02:38 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGUgnMpOACy5mxKO8gNIiVpZZS8cHJi TbV0PTnvT2rXS18N4cC

I'm not very good at this am I?

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2016, 02:39 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGUgnMpOACy5mxKO8gNIiVpZZS8cHJi TbV0PTnvT2rXS18N4cC

Good enough for an autobid somewhere.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 02:41 PM

On paper it looks like a tremendous matchup.

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Dewey wins GOTW. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Holy ****, still tied and 90 total votes now. This is gonna break 100. xlolx

Bisonator
October 13th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Holy ****, still tied and 90 total votes now. This is gonna break 100. xlolx

This will probably better then either of these games.

On paper anyway.xlolx

Bison56
October 13th, 2016, 03:03 PM
I never realized how much the AGS GOTW affected some peoples lives.

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2016, 03:07 PM

ECb lives matter.

BearDownMU
October 13th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Game of the Week Winner's Prize...

Scrumptious...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23716&stc=1

POD Knows
October 13th, 2016, 03:14 PM

There is no such thing as voter fraud.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2016, 03:16 PM

It actually effects my life and I'm not as worked up as some people. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2016, 03:24 PM
affects

grizband
October 13th, 2016, 03:49 PM
On paper it looks like a tremendous matchup.
Still not a stadium

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BEAR
October 13th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Still not a stadium

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Still no one caring about the Caribbean Island with 3.5 million U.S. residents....xeyebrowx

Furman still sucks....xeyebrowx

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2016, 04:23 PM
affects

Voice to text, but thanks. :D

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Furman still sucks....xeyebrowx

Furman doesn't suck this week...

Apparently, CID1990 disagrees

I agree that furman sucks less today

Even citdog is now somewhat bullish on Furman

kalm
October 13th, 2016, 04:50 PM
It's the SoCon game. There's probably no other teams at play in the conference so this is more than likely for all the marbles. The Valley teams still have marquee matchups remaining and other teams that will play into the conference race.

Plus, it's good for entire subdivision when the SoCon is more relevant.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2016, 06:00 PM
It's the SoCon game. There's probably no other teams at play in the conference so this is more than likely for all the marbles. The Valley teams still have marquee matchups remaining and other teams that will play into the conference race.

That is an interesting way of looking at it.

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 07:02 PM

I can't wait for Dayton San Diego week.

#flyinordyn

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2016, 07:07 PM
I can't wait for Dayton San Diego week.

#flyinordyn

#DicksOutForDayton

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2016, 07:16 PM
#DicksOutForDayton

Yeah.....that's happening. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Yeah.....that's happening. xlolx

They already played and Dayton lost.

If Dayton falls in the Pioneer and nobody notices, does it still count?

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2016, 08:01 PM
They already played and Dayton lost.

If Dayton falls in the Pioneer and nobody notices, does it still count?

Welp......got a NEC match up we can rally? #DicksOutForDukes

ElCid
October 13th, 2016, 11:03 PM
I've seen this said multiple times, but it's always with the caveat "The discrepancy in the total numbers is due to Sagarin did not predict Week 1 games or Div II games.". Considering FCS teams have a 87% winning percentage against D2 (assuming Massey picked FCS teams each time), wouldn't that be bringing up the average and both would be within 1% of each other? At that point, less than 1% isn't enough of a gap to say "use this one instead of this one".

As for the vote itself, both games have a big impact on how conference races will end up as well as seeding implications. For anyone to say that one game is definitively better or more important that the other needs to have their head examined a little. There are personal preferences, but both games (as well as a couple others) are going to cause some ripples in the FCS world.

This is a great point so I went back and took out the Div II games from Massey just to see how it would change the percentages.

So far this season, overall Massey has gone 331-77 for 81.1% in correctly picking winners for all games.

In picking winners in Div II games only (not all winning picks were the FCS team by the way), they went 43-6 for 87.8% picking correctly.

Take out the Div II games and Massey is 288-71 for 80.2%. Almost 1% less as compared to all games.

Still a little bit better than Sagarin has done so far at 233-60 for 78.8%....1.4% less. It usually comes down to one or two games every week where Massey gets it right and Sagarin misses it. I believe that is primarily, but not always, due to the fact that Sagarin does not even take the Div II games into account when computing the rating of teams or their SOS. When 12% of the FCS games involve Div II teams so far, that is a big chunk to simply ignore. And before you think that it will not affect teams which do not have a Div II opponent, the teams they play or a couple teams/games removed may have them and it could affect predictions.

A perfect example of this is occurred in week 3. Bryant played Brown. Bryant has previously played a pretty bad Div II Merrimack in Week 1. Massey accounted for their so so 21 point win. Sagarin did not. Massey had Brown over Bryant as a result. Sag had Bryant over Brown. Brown won. I have noticed a few of these instances. That is why I think Massey is just a little hair tighter in their predictions overall.

Eh, take it for its worth.

ElCid
October 13th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Besides the SOCON and playoff implications, the thing about The Citadel/Chattanooga game that makes it compelling to me, without any homer bias I would hope, is that it pits the #1 FCS Total Defense against the #1 FCS Rushing YPG Offense.

It will be fun to see what will happen when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

It also pits the #22 total offense against the #12 total defense. That is actually where I think the game will be won or lost.

Kemo
October 14th, 2016, 01:00 AM

Still probably good enough to win the SoCon... xhighfivexxpopcornx

Twentysix
October 14th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Still probably good enough to win the SoCon... xhighfivexxpopcornx

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/55/55d6ef1593da95d702286254b3b80d37774315b3714a87d5e8 5e73564260fff3.jpg

The Yo Show
October 14th, 2016, 06:03 AM
In all seriousness, I asked this earlier and just waiting for an answer, what happens if this is tied at the end of the poll? Do we have Co-AGS GOTW for week 7??? xeyebrowx

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2016, 06:51 AM
In all seriousness, I asked this earlier and just waiting for an answer, what happens if this is tied at the end of the poll? Do we have Co-AGS GOTW for week 7??? xeyebrowx
Then a cage match between BearDownMU and Bisonator will decide the winner.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Then a cage match between BearDownMU and Bisonator will decide the winner.
Sorry PC but it's just not that important to me.xgiveadamnx

Better put Thumper76 in the cage. He can at least kick!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/teamomniverse/images/c/cc/Thumper_(5).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130426174246

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Sorry PC but it's just not that important to me.xgiveadamnx

Better put Thumper76 in the cage. He can at least kick!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/teamomniverse/images/c/cc/Thumper_(5).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130426174246
Fair enough... Bisonator has tagged out. Thumper in!

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Fair enough... Bisonator has tagged out. Thumper in!

Let's do this http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161014/e873c80ddc39a6a3e1efe6f4239a3bb7.jpg

ElCid
October 14th, 2016, 09:24 AM

Coin flip?

BearDownMU
October 14th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Sigh. Fine...

https://media.giphy.com/media/50ynGUXMC9iN2/giphy.gif

Bison56
October 14th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Not looking good for the rabbit so far.

http://www.absolutfamilie.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/w_246_BeatUpBugs.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjylL3YwNrPAhWH2YMKHQdUBnsQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.absolutfamilie.de%2F2015%2F12 %2F20%2Ftv-tipp-bugs-bunny-mit-neuer-show-bei-boomerang%2F&psig=AFQjCNFZY0E-c0YJWcAyBUH_d2-ZQi16lQ&ust=1476541663418869)

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Let's do this http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161014/e873c80ddc39a6a3e1efe6f4239a3bb7.jpg

All right BearDownMU; Thumper is calling you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKlIDhgSnzE

NOTE: I was in a meeting and couldn't get the above video to post from my phone while y'all were having all of the fun with the BearDownMU vs. Thumper Cage Match, but it was too good (IMHO) to omit...so I'm posting this AFTER the decision was made to award a Participation Trophy to those voting for the MVFC game.

#MaulEm #SoConRiseUp #LessThan4Nevermore

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2016, 10:56 AM

Yes, we would have. This was such a good board battle here I am going to see if we can get two articles done on co games of the week due to how close this was.

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Not looking good for the rabbit so far.

http://www.absolutfamilie.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/w_246_BeatUpBugs.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjylL3YwNrPAhWH2YMKHQdUBnsQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.absolutfamilie.de%2F2015%2F12 %2F20%2Ftv-tipp-bugs-bunny-mit-neuer-show-bei-boomerang%2F&psig=AFQjCNFZY0E-c0YJWcAyBUH_d2-ZQi16lQ&ust=1476541663418869)

Didn't keep my hands up
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161014/9cf79e39c57c9275acfbae7a4cf243c6.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Thanks a lot for voting in such a high number too guys. This was probably the most fun GOTW since I've been doing them. I appreciate you guys a bunch.xthumbsupx

ElCid
October 14th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Yes, we would have. This was such a good board battle here I am going to see if we can get two articles done on co games of the week due to how close this was.

That sounds pretty fair considering that this must be the all time high voting count for a Game of the Week.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2016, 11:01 AM
.......THKS...TA DUH GENDER-BENDERS....O' DUH CORN BELT......WHO WENT BLUE STATES.......FO' DUH SOGONE....xthumbsupxxnodxxbowxxnodxxthumbsupx..... .....BRAWK!

BearDownMU
October 14th, 2016, 11:12 AM

This sounds like a good idea... on paper.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2016, 11:15 AM

Just make sure the Chat/Cit game article is a bit bigger. We all know how insecure the soconies are on here.....xcoffeex

BearDownMU
October 14th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Just make sure the Chat/Cit game article is a bit bigger. We all know how insecure the soconies are on here.....xcoffeex

And also because it won the vote.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23717&stc=1

Milktruck74
October 14th, 2016, 12:22 PM

Or add a second article for the losers so they don't cry all next week. Here ya go..enjoy your Participation Trophy.

And also because it won the vote.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23717&stc=1

BearDown wins the board for the day.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Or add a second article for the losers so they don't cry all next week. Here ya go..enjoy your Participation Trophy.

.....THIN SKINNED........IT'S WHAA.....DEY BUILT DUH DOME........AWK!

BisonFan02
October 14th, 2016, 12:43 PM

Where's this alleged crying? xlolx mountain out of a mole hill....like the Appalachians. :D

mmiller_34
October 14th, 2016, 12:54 PM

Not a stadium.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 07:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9tR7epWW0&feature=youtu.be

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Right now the marker game is 1 point Closer then the battle in the Southern Conference. :p

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Clearly the marker was the game of the week...

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to eat my crow! Yum it tastes so good!

Both games were games of the week, while VU/UR was a snore fest and JMU/UNH was more interesting than it should've been.

Congrats to the jacks on snapping that ndsu losing streak. Now beat them in the playoffs.

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Clearly the marker was the game of the week...

Yep.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Yep.

........NOPE.....3 VOTES SHORT..............BRAWK!

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 12:05 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to eat my crow! Yum it tastes so good!

Both games were games of the week, while VU/UR was a snore fest and JMU/UNH was more interesting than it should've been.

Congrats to the jacks on snapping that ndsu losing streak. Now beat them in the playoffs.

Thank you. I'm waiting for all the Mercer fans who said we have no chance next.........

Thumper 76
October 16th, 2016, 12:56 AM

xcoffeex

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm xcoffeex

BearDownMU
October 16th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Thank you. I'm waiting for all the Mercer fans who said we have no chance next.........

It's gonna be a long wait. I'm not aware of any Mercer fans that said you have no chance.