BEAR
October 8th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Last weeks results:

Nicholls 35 SFA 28
SLU 31 McNeese 24
NWST 49 Kentucky Weslyan 7
SHSU 63 UIW 48
Lamar 38 ACU 10

Surprises: SFA and McNeese both lose? Didn't see that one coming.
Big play: SLU had like a 90 yard TD pass tipped, then they caught it, bumbled it, then out ran two Cowboy defenders the last 20 yards for the win.
Big play 2: Nicholls D with the strip in overtime to seal the win.

This week's games:

SLU at SFA
ACU at SHSU
UCA at McNeese
NWST at Lamar
Nicholls at HBU

BEAR
October 8th, 2016, 10:13 PM
2016 Football Standings

SCHOOL
CONF
OVERALL

Sam Houston State (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=739)
4-0
5-0

Central Arkansas (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=743)
3-0
4-1

Lamar (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=746)
2-1
2-3

Nicholls (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=748)
2-1
2-3

Southeastern La. (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=750)
2-1
2-3

McNeese (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=747)
2-2
3-3

Stephen F. Austin (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=736)
2-2
3-3

Houston Baptist (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=744)
1-2
2-3

UIW (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=745) *
1-3
1-5

Northwestern State (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=741)
0-3
0-4

Abilene Christian (http://www.southland.org/schedule.aspx?schedule=734) *
0-4
0-6

Katfan
October 9th, 2016, 08:21 AM
SLU by 3
SHSU by 28
UCA by 1.
Lamar by 14
Nichols by 14

McNeese72
October 9th, 2016, 10:08 AM
You guys will do good to not pick us for the rest of this season.

Daytripper
October 9th, 2016, 11:16 AM
This has been an interesting season so far in the Southland. While SHSU is still sitting at the top, a traditional power like McNeese has fallen off dramatically and historical bottom feeder Nicholls is playing consistently good football. UCA is good as usual, and maybe better than we all think (can't wait for the season finale!!) Lamar is playing well after that brutal stretch to begin the season. Abilene Christian.....smh....they need to get right with their namesake! SELA is schizophrenic. NWST is still bad.

SLU at SFA - SELA by 6
ACU at SHSU - SHSU by 31
UCA at McNeese - UCA by 5
NWST at Lamar - Lamar by 17
Nicholls at HBU - Nicholls by 14

LIONFAN07
October 9th, 2016, 01:05 PM
You guys will do good to not pick us for the rest of this season.

I don't agree I think McNeese is a good team. Especially is they can get some of their guys who have been out back. Thought they ran well on defense. Probably a 6-3 Southland team.

It was a great college football game last night and both teams made some mistakes but either one deserved to win.

Sammy94
October 9th, 2016, 02:17 PM
SFA by 10
SHSU by 24
Mc Neese by 3
Lamar by 14
Nichols by 17

McNeese75
October 9th, 2016, 10:23 PM
SLU -7 at SFA
ACU at SHSU - 42
UCA at McNeese -2 Pokes get a safety on the last play of the game as the UCA QB is trying to chunk it from his endzone xcoolx
NWST at Lamar -21
Nicholls - 21 at HBU

BEAR
October 9th, 2016, 10:33 PM
SLU at SFA SFA makes a comeback. Jacks by 14
ACU at SHSU SHSU rolls to an easy victory. Kats by 35
UCA at McNeese UCA defense slows down the Cowboys enough. Bears by 7
NWST at Lamar Lamar by 14.
Nicholls at HBU Nicholls keeps winning. Colonels by 21

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Any word on injuries for the teams?

Nothing unusual for my Bears just the typical bangs and scrapes you see this time of year. Here's to healing for all our boys. xthumbsupx

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Alright.... I've watched 2 McNeese games and I'm confused as Rev at a tailgate with no beer.

What can we expect this week? I'm coming down barring no emergencies. Lots of hotels and places to eat I see.

Will the Cowboys open up the pass game? Will they try to run it on a defense that allows 54 yards per game on the ground? How will they stop UCA's 6 RB attack? (one at a time. xlolx )

Viewers want to know!

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Saturday, Oct. 15
Abilene Christian at Sam Houston State, 3 p.m. CT, ESPN3
Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin, 3 p.m. CT, ESPN3
Central Arkansas at McNeese, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN3
Northwestern State at Lamar, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN3
Nicholls at Houston Baptist, 7 p.m. CT, FOX Sports GO

McNeese75
October 10th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Alright.... I've watched 2 McNeese games and I'm confused as Rev at a tailgate with no beer.

What can we expect this week? I'm coming down barring no emergencies. Lots of hotels and places to eat I see.

Will the Cowboys open up the pass game? Will they try to run it on a defense that allows 54 yards per game on the ground? How will they stop UCA's 6 RB attack? (one at a time. xlolx )

Viewers want to know!

Not sure whose tailgate you are talking about without beer but it flows freely at the McNeese tailgate xnodx

Hopefully McNeese will have their #1 receiver back (The #2 from last year is scheduled to be back this game as well). And yes, they will try to run the ball but unless something dramatic happens, I am skeptical about the success in that adventure (but they won't know until they try)

How do y'all play 6 running backs at one time??? :D. Line em up, and we shall see xlolx

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Sam Houston's remaining schedule:
ACU- No problem.
Nicholls- Should be no problem but tougher than ACU.
Texas Southern- No problem
McNeese- Should be no problem. But tougher than Texas Southern for sure.
NWST- No problem.
UCA- Toughest game on schedule IMO. Well, at least to this point in the season UCA has showed promise. xlolx

Daytripper
October 10th, 2016, 10:46 AM

Viewers want to know!

I don't know a lot about McNeese this season, but I am going to chalk up their inconsistencies to the new coaching staff. They are still trying to get their footing. I expect McNeese to become more competitive as the season comes to a close. Next year they should be back to their normal, tough self.

Has Guidry ever been a head coach at any level prior to this season?

Daytripper
October 10th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Game of the week in the SLC is UCA at McNeese. Central Arkansas is really good this season, but McNeese always has the athletes to compete. Playing in Lake Charles is never easy, also. I expect the Bears to pull out a close win but it won't be easy.

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I think the SLU and SFA game is the game of the week.

SLU has one conference loss and SFA is struggling. IF SFA pulls off the win then that leaves only 2 teams with one conference loss, Lamar and Nicholls.

Lamar still has UCA, Nicholls, and McNeese left.
Nicholls still has Sam, UCA, Lamar, and SLU left.

Both teams are going to find it tough to win out.

UCA just has too many hard games left, especially on the road.
If UCA can win AT McNeese then they have middle of the pack teams until Sam on the road.

Sam ought to run the table and win it so it's who is playing for second and who can get enough wins to go to the playoffs.

My prediction apart from Sam winning out:
UCA at 8-3 (one an FBS win)
Lamar at 6-5
Nicholls at 6-5
SLU at 5-6
McNeese 6-5...a loss to UCA or Sam Houston and they will only have 6 division I wins on the year.
SFA 7-4 but could be 6-5. One more division I loss and they will only have 6 on the year.
THE REST...just not possible for the remaining teams to go post season.

Post season hopes for this year will be decided this weekend already!
McNeese HAS to beat UCA.
SFA HAS to beat SLU.

Nicholls will be eliminated in two weeks

LIONFAN07
October 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I think the SLU and SFA game is the game of the week.

SLU has one conference loss and SFA is struggling. IF SFA pulls off the win then that leaves only 2 teams with one conference loss, Lamar and Nicholls.

Lamar still has UCA, Nicholls, and McNeese left.
Nicholls still has Sam, UCA, Lamar, and SLU left.

Both teams are going to find it tough to win out.

UCA just has too many hard games left, especially on the road.
If UCA can win AT McNeese then they have middle of the pack teams until Sam on the road.

Sam ought to run the table and win it so it's who is playing for second and who can get enough wins to go to the playoffs.

My prediction apart from Sam winning out:
UCA at 8-3 (one an FBS win)
Lamar at 6-5
Nicholls at 6-5
SLU at 5-6
McNeese 6-5...a loss to UCA or Sam Houston and they will only have 6 division I wins on the year.
SFA 7-4 but could be 6-5. One more division I loss and they will only have 6 on the year.
THE REST...just not possible for the remaining teams to go post season.

Post season hopes for this year will be decided this weekend already!
McNeese HAS to beat UCA.
SFA HAS to beat SLU.

Nicholls will be eliminated in two weeks
How can Mcneese go 6-5 and have 6 D1 wins if one of their wins is against Tarleton.

UCA is good. I have a lot of respect for them. I will pick McNeese though to bounce back at home and win in a upset this week.

Who else is UCA losing too in an 8-3 year? I'm guessing you have them losing to Sam?

I have only watched a little bit of Sam this year and they are very talented. But their defense is giving up a lot of points and yards. I do wonder if that will hurt them at all as we move forward. Nicholls, McNeese, and UCA will play them tough.

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2016, 01:29 PM
I don't think we beat SLU....

LIONFAN07
October 10th, 2016, 01:33 PM
I don't think we beat SLU....

SFA has plenty of athletes and has a good coach. They will be tough at home.

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2016, 01:35 PM
SFA has plenty of athletes and has a good coach. They will be tough at home.

Still doing QB by Committee which never works. Period.

eiu1999
October 10th, 2016, 02:33 PM
SLU at SFA +3
ACU at SHSU +7
UCA at McNeese +10
NWST at Lamar +7
Nicholls at HBU +17

McNeese72
October 10th, 2016, 02:36 PM

Viewers want to know!

They might try to run the ball but it hasn't really worked against anybody else, so I am not hopefull it will work against UCA.

Doc.

TheRevSFA
October 10th, 2016, 02:46 PM
my picks...

http://thefcswedge.com/slc/slc-week-7-preview/

Couldn't pick SFA...picked Sam, UCA, Lamar and Nicholls

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 02:59 PM
my picks...

http://thefcswedge.com/slc/slc-week-7-preview/

Couldn't pick SFA...picked Sam, UCA, Lamar and Nicholls

Don't give it away before we read it!

BEAR
October 10th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Well done Rev. xthumbsupx

3 SLC teams could be wiped out the post season possibility this week. 2 likely will win while one can win.

katstrapper
October 11th, 2016, 09:24 AM
SLU at SFA -- Conque's seat has to be getting warm. I think SFA has underachieved. SLU pulls an upset.

ACU at SHSU -- These type of teams always make me nervous when they have nothing to lose, but I think Kats will be focused, especially returning home after 4 weeks on the road.

UCA at McNeese- I think McNeese comes out angry and show they still belong near the top and pulls the upset in Lake Chuck.

NWST at Lamar - NW St is just bad. Jay Thomas could get canned after season.

Nicholls at HBU - Yawn !! HBU has played better, but Nicholls is better than this DII program.

But, as we all know that anything can happen in the SLC.

BEAR
October 11th, 2016, 10:07 AM
UCA at McNeese- I think McNeese comes out angry and show they still belong near the top and pulls the upset in Lake Chuck.

Never thought I'd hear anyone say that about McNeese. Essentially the Cowboys have to win or their post season hopes are finished. A cowboy cornered is dangerous..especially at home. xlolx Last time we beat them there it took an onside kick recovery, a looooong field goal made, and a hook and ladder play that luckily only went backwards...but forever it seemed. Never easy to win in "The Hole" for anyone no matter how good they are this season.

BEAR
October 11th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Thought this was hilarious..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHwwnyz5UI

BEAR
October 12th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Any team updates? Anyone want to chime in on this weekend's games? The SLC fan message boards are dead! It may get worse next week. Might not be a reason to post the pick'em. xlolx

Katfan
October 12th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I think your game with McNeese is the biggest in the SLC this week for sure. How do you feel about it. I think you win a close one against a desperate team at their place. Haven't watched any of your games this year but would like to see this one. Hope its broadcast

BEAR
October 12th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Yep. I see the Cowboys who can't afford another loss playing at home with fire in their bellies. This is it for them. Doesn't make for a good situation for the Bears.

Here's where you can see it: ESPN3
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23705&stc=1

LIONFAN07
October 12th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I do think McNeese will play hard this week and our tough at home. But their playoff chances are done unless they somehow manage to win the Southland with 2 loses. SFA in that boat too with one D2 win. No way Southland gets any qualifiers with 7 D1 wins and 1 D2 win. Just my opinion. UCA gets in at 9-2 if there only conference loss coming to undeafeated conference champ SAM Houston. As for Lamar, SLU, and Nicholls they all have to win out and try and get in at 8-3. Nicholls if they win out would be conference champs at 8-3 with wins against SAM and UCA.

MR. CHICKEN
October 12th, 2016, 03:57 PM
S.F. AUSTIN
SAM HOUSTON STATE
MCNEESE STATE
LAMAR
NICHOLLS STATE

Katfan
October 12th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I do think McNeese will play hard this week and our tough at home. But their playoff chances are done unless they somehow manage to win the Southland with 2 loses. SFA in that boat too with one D2 win. No way Southland gets any qualifiers with 7 D1 wins and 1 D2 win. Just my opinion. UCA gets in at 9-2 if there only conference loss coming to undeafeated conference champ SAM Houston. As for Lamar, SLU, and Nicholls they all have to win out and try and get in at 8-3. Nicholls if they win out would be conference champs at 8-3 with wins against SAM and UCA.
I think Lamar is better than people are giving them credit for. If they win out, I think they have a chance.

lionsrking2
October 12th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I think Lamar is better than people are giving them credit for. If they win out, I think they have a chance.

I agree. They can run the ball, have two good corners and are better overall on defense than they have been. It's hard to win eight straight games, but they're a lock if they go 8-3, with all three losses to ranked teams. They're certainly capable of beating everybody left on their schedule.

BEAR
October 13th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Any McNeese fans NOT using their tickets this weekend? xeyebrowx

How's the ticket sales before the game for visiting team fans? Can I get 4 gameday or do I need to preorder online?

First time going...xthumbsupx

Daytripper
October 13th, 2016, 12:42 PM
I agree. They can run the ball, have two good corners and are better overall on defense than they have been. It's hard to win eight straight games, but they're a lock if they go 8-3, with all three losses to ranked teams. They're certainly capable of beating everybody left on their schedule.

Woodard will find a way to screw it up.

McNeese75
October 13th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Any McNeese fans NOT using their tickets this weekend? xeyebrowx

How's the ticket sales before the game for visiting team fans? Can I get 4 gameday or do I need to preorder online?

First time going...xthumbsupx

No problem getting game day tickets on Saturday

BEAR
October 13th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks!

Your board is dead. Not even a mention of the game or a thread itself.

I hate being halfway through the season and all the SLC fans are gone. xcoffeex

Katfan
October 13th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Thanks!

You shouldn't beat everyone so bad.

BEAR
October 13th, 2016, 04:11 PM
You shouldn't beat everyone so bad.

Speak for yourself..or your team....xlolx

Katfan
October 13th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Speak for yourself..or your team....xlolx
It's a strange season. If we both win out, our game in November will be rocking for all the marbles and a seed in the tournament

McNeese75
October 13th, 2016, 04:19 PM
It's a strange season. If we both win out, our game in November will be rocking for all the marbles and a seed in the tournament

Good luck with that

Daytripper
October 13th, 2016, 04:24 PM

If both SHSU and UCA win out, the winner of the season finale will (should) get a top 4 seed. The loser will get an at large....If UCA wins the conference, Sam might still get a low seed.

BEAR
October 13th, 2016, 04:25 PM

I don't see us winning out. Our game with you may just be a filler. But I see us likely winning 8 games. Just too many left to start counting chickens now. Plus we can't account for injuries, refs, weather, the list goes on...

I'm just going to enjoy it a game at a time...

I leave for LC tomorrow morning...Gotta see what's there!

Daytripper
October 13th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I don't see us winning out. Our game with you may just be a filler. But I see us likely winning 8 games. Just too many left to start counting chickens now. Plus we can't account for injuries, refs, weather, the list goes on...

I'm just going to enjoy it a game at a time...

I leave for LC tomorrow morning...Gotta see what's there!

Enjoy. You will have a good time. Hang out with the tailgaters.

McNeese72
October 13th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks!

The old Geaux Cowboys messageboard is an almost extinct dinosaur. Almost everybody has moved to Geauxcowboys public discussion group on Facebook.

lionsrking2
October 13th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Thanks!

The Bears board isn't exactly teeming with life. Message boards in general are less and less popular with twitter, FB, snapchat, and other forms of instant social media.

Catatonic
October 14th, 2016, 08:54 AM
ACU at SHSU SHSU rolls to an easy victory. Kats by 35

SLU at SFA. SFA by 14
ACU at SHSU SHSU by 28
UCA at McNeese UCA by 14
NWST at Lamar Lamar by 17
Nicholls at HBU Nicholls by 21

ACU is having a really bad year. I console myself by watching videos of better moments in ACU FB history. Let's see any of you top this.

69 yard field goal....

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3T7rBb9I0

TheRevSFA
October 14th, 2016, 09:01 AM
mathematically, SFA isn't eliminated from playoff contention, but it would take SFA winning out, UCA losing twice, and Sam losing twice.

So it's not happening. Period.

I might go to the UCA/Sam game in Huntsville. I'll miss UCA and SFA since I'll be out of town.

BEAR
October 14th, 2016, 10:26 AM
SLU at SFA. SFA by 14
ACU at SHSU SHSU by 28
UCA at McNeese UCA by 14
NWST at Lamar Lamar by 17
Nicholls at HBU Nicholls by 21

ACU is having a really bad year. I console myself by watching videos of better moments in ACU FB history. Let's see any of you top this.

69 yard field goal....

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3T7rBb9I0

Eddy Carmona, former kicker for UCA had to play his last year of eligibility at Harding University, highlights his foot in this video....with a 70 yard field goal. Played for the Raiders but was bumped by a hall of fame kicker we all know.

http://youtu.be/8OXH4ylCAlU

Catatonic
October 14th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Eddy Carmona, former kicker for UCA had to play his last year of eligibility at Harding University, highlights his foot in this video....with a 70 yard field goal. Played for the Raiders but was bumped by a hall of fame kicker we all know.

http://youtu.be/8OXH4ylCAlU

Meh. If it didn't happen in a game, it didn't happen 😎

BEAR
October 15th, 2016, 01:15 PM
At walk-ons next to the tailgating. Poboy looks huge! Hope they serve them like that to visitors. Pic in a minute ��

TheEagleSHSU
October 16th, 2016, 09:23 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/0434377e861e8dc59f014df58c97840d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hood
October 16th, 2016, 09:28 AM

After struggling against HBU and seeing the bloodshed in SHSU's wake, I'm just glad we were able to secure a two game winning streak this season.

TheRevSFA
October 16th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Well 5-5 on my picks, just not the spread

Katfan
October 16th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Well 5-5 on my picks, just not the spread
Ditto,my spreads were way off except for our game.

SFA 93
October 16th, 2016, 02:10 PM
https://twitter.com/LumberjackFans/status/787726592390770688
SFA wide receivers Robert Sylvester (Jr.) and Aaron Piper (So.) have left the team.

Piper has suffered numerous head concussions and was advised by doctors to give the game up. Not sure for the reason for Sylvester, but could be because of the numerous injures he has taken as well.

Good luck to them.