PDA

View Full Version : FCS on the Mind

TexasTerror
January 6th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Was public address announcing tonight in a game featuring a university named 'William Carey'...

I was told one two occasions that I was slipped and said 'William & Carey' and a third time, even slipped a 'William & Mary'...

Thanks AGS! Wonder how many other times I've slipped up thanks to FCS references...

One guy did ask me tonight how I enjoyed the Sugar Bowl (thinking he saw me there) and I then went on to tell him that I only follow the Division I National Championship...:thumbsup:

Anyone else have moments like this?

UNHWildCats
January 6th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Was public address announcing tonight in a game featuring a university named 'William Carey'...

I was told one two occasions that I was slipped and said 'William & Carey' and a third time, even slipped a 'William & Mary'...

Thanks AGS! Wonder how many other times I've slipped up thanks to FCS references...

One guy did ask me tonight how I enjoyed the Sugar Bowl (thinking he saw me there) and I then went on to tell him that I only follow the Division I National Championship...:thumbsup:

Anyone else have moments like this?

I was announcing a Little League Fall Ball game about 10 years ago and the batter was Gary Messerschmidt and i said... well i'm sure you get the idea. LOL