PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Conference Week 6 Predictions

SUUTbird
October 3rd, 2016, 11:24 PM
Last week saw all kinds of games take place in the Big Sky including a few surprising upsets especially MSU losing to Sac State. This week here are my picks:

-Northern Colorado @ Eastern Washington: The Bears were able to hold on to win against NAU while EWU woke up in the 2nd Half to blow out UC-Davis. Despite showing improvement the Bears wont win in Cheney.

-MSVSU @ Montana: Griz get a cupcake team after an impressive beatdown of SUU, Griz should run away with this one.

-NAU @ Montana State: Both are teams reeling and seeking to rebound after a rough week. I am giving the edge to the Bobcats as they are home and are probably pissed off after their 4th Quarter collapse.

-UC-Davis @ SUU: Both the Aggies and SUU suffered 2nd half collapses in their respective matchups. The Thunderbirds are home and we always play better there, should get the W.

-Portland State @ Weber State: The Vikings got a dominate victory over Idaho State while Weber State enjoyed a break. Even with the Bye Week I don't see the Wildcats beating PSU.

-North Dakota @ Sac State: The Hawks are coming off an impressive win over Cal Poly while the Hornets got a huge victory over MSU. Unfortunately for the Hornets the Hawks defense wont collapse in the 4th.

bonarae
October 4th, 2016, 12:00 AM
EWU
Montana
Montana State
SUU
Portland State
UND

veinup
October 4th, 2016, 12:01 AM
agree with all your picks. wish montana wasn't playing a cupcake this week. xeyebrowx

Bisonator
October 4th, 2016, 08:16 AM
What the hell is up with NAU? Weren't they supposed to challenge for the conference title?

Grizalltheway
October 4th, 2016, 08:48 AM
agree with all your picks. wish montana wasn't playing a cupcake this week. xeyebrowx
Think of it this way, we'll be more than halfway to 7 D-1 wins.xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
October 4th, 2016, 08:49 AM
What the hell is up with NAU? Weren't they supposed to challenge for the conference title?

I believe it's called "Bobcating".

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2016, 08:59 AM

Besides Cookus getting hurt, I have a feeling they were a wee bit overrrated coming in. Their defense is never good but everyone was so fascinated with Cookus chucking it around the field all day that they overlooked it. They haven't looked good even when Cookus was in there (I don't count Highlands). They are done.

tomq04
October 4th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Besides Cookus getting hurt, I have a feeling they were a wee bit overrrated coming in. Their defense is never good but everyone was so fascinated with Cookus chucking it around the field all day that they overlooked it. They haven't looked good even when Cookus was in there (I don't count Highlands). They are done.

They were competitive with EWU for 3 quarters until he got hurt...that said they didn't put up amazing stats like you think someone should on EWU's defense. I personally think that is telling of improved D than lack of good O, but take it how you want.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2016, 09:42 AM
They were competitive with EWU for 3 quarters until he got hurt...that said they didn't put up amazing stats like you think someone should on EWU's defense. I personally think that is telling of improved D than lack of good O, but take it how you want.

I would agree with that last part. EWU is playing much better defense this year, correct? For UNI to somewhat struggle (by their standards) running the ball against you is a testament to that.

eiu1999
October 4th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Let the wife pick these...

-Northern Colorado @ Eastern Washington
-MSVSU @ Montana
-NAU @ Montana State
-UC-Davis @ SUU
-Portland State @ Weber State
-North Dakota @ Sac State:

wapiti
October 4th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Northern Colorado 38 at Eastern Washington 42
Mississippi Valley State 6 at Montana 62
Northern Arizona 34 at Montana State 24
UC Davis 17 at Southern Utah 28
Portland State 21 at Weber State 28
North Dakota 32 at Sacramento State 13

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2016, 10:52 AM
UNC at E-Wash - 52-38

MVSU at Montana - 69-0

NAU at Montana State - 24-23

Davis at Southern Utah - 37-24

Portland State at Weber State - 21-20

North Dakota at Sac State - 38-27

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2016, 10:19 PM
NoCo 35-52 EWU — NoCo's DBs dodged a bullet last week; they won't dodge a grenade

NoDak 34-21 Sac State — Ketteringham won't pull off two miracles in a row

Davis 20-35 Suutah — The official "Who Cares?" Game of the Week

Portland St. 27-35 Weber — Was beating ISU a confidence booster or an ego over-inflator?

NAU 20-17 Montana St. — Even without Cookus, the Lumberjack passing game is better than MSU's

Jerry Rice St. 6-58 Montana — Montana could have played a lot of DIIs that are better than the Delta Devils

JALMOND
October 5th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Last week saw all kinds of games take place in the Big Sky including a few surprising upsets especially MSU losing to Sac State. This week here are my picks:

-Northern Colorado @ Eastern Washington: The Bears were able to hold on to win against NAU while EWU woke up in the 2nd Half to blow out UC-Davis. Despite showing improvement the Bears wont win in Cheney.

-MSVSU @ Montana: Griz get a cupcake team after an impressive beatdown of SUU, Griz should run away with this one.

-NAU @ Montana State: Both are teams reeling and seeking to rebound after a rough week. I am giving the edge to the Bobcats as they are home and are probably pissed off after their 4th Quarter collapse.

-UC-Davis @ SUU: Both the Aggies and SUU suffered 2nd half collapses in their respective matchups. The Thunderbirds are home and we always play better there, should get the W.

-Portland State @ Weber State: The Vikings got a dominate victory over Idaho State while Weber State enjoyed a break. Even with the Bye Week I don't see the Wildcats beating PSU.

-North Dakota @ Sac State: The Hawks are coming off an impressive win over Cal Poly while the Hornets got a huge victory over MSU. Unfortunately for the Hornets the Hawks defense wont collapse in the 4th.

EWU 52, UNC 38---Bears will score, but the Eagles will score a whole lot more.
UND 24, SAC 14---Road games have made the Hawks faithful a bit more nervous than home games.
SUU 34, UCD 31---Aggies have shown a penchant for scoring, just not enough.
PSU 42, WSU 31---Will the Vikings even attempt a pass against the 2nd worst run defense in the conference?
MSU 24, NAU 21---Upset Special. Bobcats get a win over the reeling Jacks.
UM 45, Mississippi Valley St 14---Not a bye week for the Grizzlies, but close to it.

Nodak78
October 6th, 2016, 05:59 AM
UNC at E-Wash

MVSU at Montana

NAU at Montana State

Davis at Southern Utah

Portland State at Weber State

North Dakota at Sac State

tomq04
October 6th, 2016, 08:27 AM
NoCo 35-52 EWU — NoCo's DBs dodged a bullet last week; they won't dodge a grenade

That is worthy of an lol out loud.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2016, 11:27 AM
EASTERN WASHINGTON
MONTANA
NORTHERN ARIZONA
SOUTHERN UTAH
WEBER STATE
NORTH DAKOTA

nevadagriz
October 6th, 2016, 11:45 AM
If the UNC vs ewu game is close to the score of 35-52 Then UNC has come a loooong way. That would impress me.
The Nau vs Cats game will be very interesting. No clue who will win or what the points will look like. This is like predicting a first game of the year.
When will cookus be back? Let me guess in two weeks for the Griz game??