PDA

View Full Version : Your School and FCS?

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Just curious what schools out there have begun actively calling I-AA by the new name, Football Championship Subdivision. I'm still seeing press releases coming out from schools where it's under I-AA still despite the name change already in effect.

It's very critical that the schools themselves and their Sports Information Departments as well as Athletic Directors do what they can to promote the name, especially when recruiting/spring football comes around and people begin getting interested in football once more. Make sure to include it in schedule releases as well!

Happy to say that the SHSU athletic director, who just completed a four-year run on the Div I playoff committee, explained the name change in his most recent column (http://bearkats.shsu.edu/wednesday/corner_office_1206.pdf) and has also gotten our radio announcers in on talking about the name change, which they did again last night when interviewing SELA head coach Mike Lucas, a former SHSU assistant during a basketball broadcast.

NDSUFREAK
January 5th, 2007, 04:24 PM
The Forum has it as FCS (formerly known as 1AA)

ngineer
January 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I wrote to our local paper's sports editor the other week setting him straight on the new nomenclature. No response. No articles in the paper that I've seen that would cause the term to be used. Keeping my eyes peeled....;)