PDA

View Full Version : W&M Defensive Coordinator resigns.

Tribe4SF
January 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Matt McLeod, DC at W&M for the past two years, has resigned to pursue a career in real estate in the Williamsburg area, as reported this evening by the Newport News Daily Press. McLeod and his wife are expecting their first child, and he cited the need to have more time for his family as central to his decision to leave coaching.

Head Coach Jimmye Laycock said that he will likely look outside the program for a replacement.

Henny
January 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM
We will take any advantage we can get considering the Hens and Tribe play the first game next year in the CAA. You lost a good one a couple of years ago in Jim Pletcher too. His father was our H.S coach. I can still remember his pipe smell as we practiced.

ChickenMan
January 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I doubt that many W&M fans will be too upset by this loss.

Tribe4SF
January 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I doubt that many W&M fans will be too upset by this loss.

Those who know their football will be upset. Matt is a good coach, and the defense was looking up until injuries piled up in the third and fourth games. The loss of Josh Rutter was the major blow.

Tribe D will need help from a deep, and promising group of redshirts no matter who the Coordinator is. The other thing the D will need is an offense that can hang onto the ball for more than 28:00, and produce more points when they've got it.

89Hen
January 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
We will take any advantage we can get considering the Hens and Tribe play the first game next year in the CAA.
xlolx First thing I thought of too.