PDA

View Full Version : Elon Beats W&M 27-10

wmmii
September 24th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Elon outplayed Tribe and took a 17-3 lead at halftime from a blocked punt getting the ball at Tribe 21 to score FG then dropped snap by W&M punter turning the ball over on the 6 resulting in TD drive.

Tribe defense weakens in second half and could not get key stops after playing well in first half.

Cluley throws three more interceptions for a total of 7 on the season and overthrew numerous receivers. This team sadly does not look like a top 25 team ...they had little energy and seem unprepared.

Tribe loss promising RFR RB Funderburke for season on torn ACL but got back All CAA RB Anderson who is getting back into form.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 24th, 2016, 10:53 PM
How was the new upper deck tho?

wmmii
September 24th, 2016, 11:07 PM
How was the new upper deck tho?

Awesome view! Seats probably still available for our game with you all.

KPSUL
September 25th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Elon only gained 236 total yards and scored 27 points. As soon as I saw that stat I look at the play-by-play to see how short a field they had for scoring drives. Elon's scoring drives for their first 17 points were: 4 yards (FG); 36 yards (TD) and 6 yards (TD). W&M dug themselves a deep hole in the 1st QTR, and never climbed out. Should be an interesting game @ New Hampshire. In 2 of our games (the wins actually) we couldn't get out of our own way in the 1st half either.

Stonewall D
September 25th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Can someone explain why W&M went for it twice on 4th down in the 1st half?

superman7515
September 25th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Elon only gained 236 total yards and scored 27 points. As soon as I saw that stat I look at the play-by-play to see how short a field they had for scoring drives. Elon's scoring drives for their first 17 points were: 4 yards (FG); 36 yards (TD) and 6 yards (TD).

Credit where credit is due though, Elon took advantage of the short fields and put up points. I've seen a lot of football, from the NFL down, where teams can't get out of their own way even when it's gift wrapped for them. Big win by Elon, I don't think it's over-reacting to say their biggest win since joining the CAA.

TribeNomad1
September 25th, 2016, 10:17 AM

Good one, I heard a couple of folks also wonder why a pass was thrown on 4th and one??

Not a good showing for the program, on TV, Family Weekend so perhaps the only game some parents will attend, and showcasing the stadium upgrade. With the flameout in the 1st Q, it got quiet. People could not believe what they were seeing. We also sustained more injuries in an already injury plagued early season. Will see how this impacts support and attendance, especially since now this year there is a no re-entry policy. I could have left at the half and not missed much last night.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 25th, 2016, 10:52 AM
The Tribe game at UNH this week is pretty enormous. A loss up in Durham, and i can see this season getting away from the Tribe. I never would have expected this.

RootinFerDukes
September 25th, 2016, 11:32 AM
The Tribe game at UNH this week is pretty enormous. A loss up in Durham, and i can see this season getting away from the Tribe. I never would have expected this.

Yep, huge game for wm that could define their season. If they don't beat unh, it's not looking much better on the road the next week at JMU. That's an 0-3 start and 7-4 record at best if they win out just to be in the playoff conversation. Never mind the fact that they also still have UR to end the season that would be a playoff game if they drop their next two.

KPSUL
September 25th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Credit where credit is due though, Elon took advantage of the short fields and put up points. I've seen a lot of football, from the NFL down, where teams can't get out of their own way even when it's gift wrapped for them. Big win by Elon, I don't think it's over-reacting to say their biggest win since joining the CAA.

I can agree with that!xthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
September 25th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Round & round the CAA goes where the championship stops nobody has a freaking clue!!

CID1990
September 25th, 2016, 02:43 PM

They watched too much film of the Gardner Webb game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJArmstrong
September 25th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I am hoping the Tribe can gather themselves, regroup and string together a few wins. The have the talent. Should be a good game in New Hampshire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk