PDA

View Full Version : #3 Jax ST @ Liberty

knucklehead
September 23rd, 2016, 08:31 AM
7pm kickoff inside Williams Stadium here in Lynchburg, VA tomorrow night. It's on LFSN TV as well if you can't make it in. I'd like to try and say hi to any here who come in for the game. I've already heard from 2, anyone else.

Crown should be huge. Big question is who will be the Flames QB. My guess is true freshman Buckshot Calvert will get the majority of the snaps with some R-JR Stefon Masha mixed in. They aare trying to keep Jax St guessing.

Hoping for a close game coming down to the end with LU having a chance to win. We shall see.

Some info on the game http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=22457&ID=8100

Good story on Buckshot http://www.aseaofred.com/the-man-that-goes-by-buckshot/

Would love to hear from some JSU fans.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2016, 08:33 AM
7pm kickoff inside Williams Stadium here in Lynchburg, VA tomorrow night. It's on LFSN TV as well if you can't make it in. I'd like to try and say hi to any here who come in for the game. I've already heard from 2, anyone else.

Crown should be huge. Big question is who will be the Flames QB. My guess is true freshman Buckshot Calvert will get the majority of the snaps with some R-JR Stefon Masha mixed in. They aare trying to keep Jax St guessing.

Hoping for a close game coming down to the end with LU having a chance to win. We shall see.

Some info on the game http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=22457&ID=8100

Good story on Buckshot http://www.aseaofred.com/the-man-that-goes-by-buckshot/

Would love to hear from some JSU fans.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1jazhTo1nKJAQ/giphy.gif

knucklehead
September 23rd, 2016, 09:08 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1jazhTo1nKJAQ/giphy.gif

It's his given middle name so not really a nickname. I think I heard he was named after a NASCAR driver.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 09:51 AM
It depends on how JSU plays. We can't keep making mistakes like we have been.

FearTheBeak
September 23rd, 2016, 10:06 AM
This game should be close first half, Biggest thing Liberty needs to do is protect their QB, and find a way to run the ball. JSU has been
defending the run pretty good, and the D-line is putting lots of pressure on the QB. If u guys can run the ball consistently, it would go a long way in helping your team win. Also the
JSU secondary has looked very sketch these first couple of weeks, blown covergaes, people not where they should be, stuff like that. IF Jax state shows up in full force this week, may be over by the third quarter.

IMO: JSU-35 LU-12

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 10:30 AM
Jax St. is currently the better team, but Liberty has a lot of success against Top 10 opponents at home. Specifically Top 5. Crowd will be a factor especially if JSU can't get off to a fast start. Don't be surprised if Liberty wins this game.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 10:38 AM
You know we played in Death Valley two weeks ago right?

Crowd noise won't phase this team. The only thing holding them back currently is themselves.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 10:41 AM
Yes, in fact, I actually went back and watched much of the game. I've been looking forward to tomorrow for a while. Liberty has undeniable success at home in big games. With 8,000 students breathing down your neck, JSU will not find Williams Stadium as friendly as Death Valley. I am in no way comparing Liberty crowd noise to LSU - not in the same conversation. But let's also not act like the LSU fan-base was jacked up to play JSU. Right, wrong or indifferent, it's the world we live in.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 10:47 AM
Regardless, I really don't think the crowd will make as much of an impact on us. Not with Eli at the helm.

I guess we'll see.

Moving on...

I watched our press conference this week and Coach Grass described you guys as a run-first spread offense type deal. How accurate is that assessment and what kind of scheme can we expect from the Flames?

knucklehead
September 23rd, 2016, 10:51 AM
I have a lot of unanswered questions going into this game. More about Liberty. But I like the sound of a struggling JSU secondary. Hope LU uses buckshot to go deep and then open the middle for both the run and intermediate passing over the middle. Hope the Oline changes can keep the rush off of him Though. We shall see.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 10:57 AM
Fair enough! I agree, it will be interesting to see for sure!

That would be accurate. It's supposed to be a fast-paced up-tempo offense. You will see a run on 1st down 75%-90% of the time. Liberty has 3 excellent running backs, but the O-line has been shaky. Liberty has not had the same 5 O-Lineman in the same position for back-to-back games yet this season. It's been a different line-up for 4 consecutive weeks, which has frustrated Gill. S. Masha - Jr. QB - has disappointed. He was expected to be a star and he has not performed to his potential. This is part of the reason you have seen so much of S. Calvert - true Freshman - to this point. Calvert is very talented, but is still very much a T-Freshman in his decision-making. The QB discussion is one that has been ongoing since spring ball.

Liberty OC - Joe Dailey - wants roughly 80+ offensive snaps per game and the team is well under that to this point in the season.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 11:00 AM
Sounds like our D-line is going to have themselves a game. :D

What at are you guys like defensively?

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 11:01 AM
What has contributed to JSU's struggles in the secondary? What led to CCU being such a close game even though they struggled offensively?

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 11:04 AM
Sounds like our D-line is going to have themselves a game. :D

What at are you guys like defensively?

The defense is what has kept Liberty in the FBS games. They forced 5 fumbles at VT and recovered 4 of them, 1 for a 72yd TD. I'll skip Jacksonville game - Liberty completely overmatched them in every aspect of the game, as they should. SMU had multiple (6 I think) trips to the redzone, but only scored 9 points off those trips. In part because their QB was bad, but the LU defense stepped up included 2 INTs in the endzone.

This defense has been described as the fastest under Gill and it shows. Very strong and deep at the D-Line position. Experienced DBs. Talented Freshman at throughout. This may be the most talented defense Liberty has had in 10 years.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 11:06 AM
Also, Liberty's O-line is talented, there is just no continuity and cohesion, which is the concerning part. This will be a big game for them as a unit.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 11:15 AM
What has contributed to JSU's struggles in the secondary? What led to CCU being such a close game even though they struggled offensively?

The secondary lost 3 of the 4 starters from last year. We have lots of talent in the secondary they just need to play with more discipline. There's been a couple problems with pass interference calls in the first few games but based on the Coastal game I think they are improving on that front. They had a couple busted coverages last week that let Coastal take the top off once or twice but overall I'm not too worried about our secondary. The biggest problem is just inexperience and it will only get better with time.

Our issue with Coastal (and really UNA and LSU) has been penalties and special teams play. We had a field goal blocked and a punt blocked for a safety by Coastal and gave up two punt returns for TDS vs. LSU. We also had problems with penalties on both sides of the ball that either set our offense up in drive killing 3rd and long situations or kept our defense on the field after should-have-been stops.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 11:17 AM
The secondary lost 3 of the 4 starters from last year. We have lots of talent in the secondary they just need to play with more discipline. There's been a couple problems with pass interference calls in the first few games but based on the Coastal game I think they are improving on that front. They had a couple busted coverages last week that let Coastal take the top off once or twice but overall I'm not too worried about our secondary. The biggest problem is just inexperience and it will only get better with time.

Our issue with Coastal (and really UNA and LSU) has been penalties and special teams play. We had a field goal blocked and a punt blocked for a safety by Coastal and gave up two punt returns for TDS vs. LSU. We also had problems with penalties on both sides of the ball that either set our offense up in drive killing 3rd and long situations or kept our defense on the field after should-have-been stops.

Watch the first 5 minutes of the LU at VT game and it will make you cringe. Thankfully the false start penalties seem to have been resolved since week 1, but penalties in general have killed us in our 2 losses.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 11:20 AM
As for viewing the game, the game will be on ESPN3 for those JSU fans that don't plan on making the 8 hour drive to Lynchburg. With that being said, the Liberty play-by-play announcer is dreadful to listen to. He constantly gets excited at the wrong times, says the wrong down/distance/yardage and continually screws up players names... even for Liberty. I recommend listening to your radio announcer if possible. If not, you have been warned. Other than that, the LFSN broadcast is fantastic and Matt Warner - color guy - is great.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Personally, I don't think the offensive penalties will be as much of a factor for us this week with the return of Barge. He'll be able to help lead the team and he will be a go to guy if we do need bailed out on a third and long.

I think our D-line will be the difference makers in this game. If the secondary can stay out of trouble I think the D -line should be able to stop Liberty's run game and limit the passing game with some good pressure.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
Personally, I don't think the offensive penalties will be as much of a factor for us this week with the return of Barge. He'll be able to help lead the team and he will be a go to guy if we do need bailed out on a third and long.

I think our D-line will be the difference makers in this game. If the secondary can stay out of trouble I think the D -line should be able to stop Liberty's run game and limit the passing game with some good pressure.

That's a good perspective. The deciding factor will be the matchup between JSU's offense and Liberty's defense and who can win ST.

Edit: And obviously the TO battle.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 11:30 AM
That's a good perspective. The deciding factor will be the matchup between JSU's offense and Liberty's defense and who can win ST.

Edit: And obviously the TO battle.

Good luck with that. :D

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 12:46 PM
You too xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 01:27 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23607&stc=1

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2016, 01:56 PM

Not to be a Debbie downer, but how does being fire proof help you on the football field. I'm assuming Libertys defense isn't allowed to use flame throwers.

Bisonoline
September 23rd, 2016, 02:06 PM

Breaking in to a BBQ joint?

knucklehead
September 23rd, 2016, 02:13 PM
No but there are flamethrowers on top of the end zone building and on the field at pregame. The band evenntwitlsbfire at halftime. Go Flames!

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Nicely done on the graphic, that's actually pretty sweet. Could do without the "fireproof", but it's still cool. Anyway, yes, our D-Line is permitted to have flamethrowers on the field to torch opposing QBs.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 03:07 PM
Not to be a Debbie downer, but how does being fire proof help you on the football field. I'm assuming Libertys defense isn't allowed to use flame throwers.
Because they are the "Flames".

You people take things too literally.

knucklehead
September 23rd, 2016, 03:20 PM
Liberty - Giant Killers..article http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160923143553598303804&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
Because they are the "Flames".

You people take things too literally.

I was hoping he was being sarcastic in the post. Hard to tell.

LUnpretty11
September 23rd, 2016, 03:33 PM
Liberty - Giant Killers..article http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160923143553598303804&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Great read before kickoff tomorrow.

Southern Bison
September 23rd, 2016, 04:24 PM
Great read before kickoff tomorrow.
Look for the new AGS flag with a Bison flag tomorrow in the parking lots. Come by & say hi. We're planning to get there about 4 pm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 04:26 PM
I was hoping he was being sarcastic in the post. Hard to tell.
Can never be sure with those Dakotans.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 04:27 PM
Look for the new AGS flag with a Bison flag tomorrow in the parking lots. Come by & say hi. We're planning to get there about 4 pm.

Have fun. Let me know if we lose. Wish I could be there.

Southern Bison
September 23rd, 2016, 04:40 PM
Have fun. Let me know if we lose. Wish I could be there.
Follow the thread. I'll be posting observations during the game.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 04:48 PM
Follow the thread. I'll be posting observations during the game.

I'll be trying my best to watch it on my phone but not sure. I'll have to play it by ear.

Katfan
September 23rd, 2016, 04:52 PM
Cool graphic!

kperk014
September 23rd, 2016, 06:10 PM
Eli Jenkins: You'd have a hard time sacking him in a phone booth. ...... Uh oh, who on here is old enough to know what a phone booth is? :)

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2016, 06:37 PM
Eli Jenkins: You'd have a hard time sacking him in a phone booth. ...... Uh oh, who on here is old enough to know what a phone booth is? :)

North Alabama is the phone booth of college football. :D

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2016, 07:08 PM
I'll be trying my best to watch it on my phone but not sure. I'll have to play it by ear.

this feat will require serious patience and several missed plays.....

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 07:26 PM

Ankles fear him.

dgtw
September 24th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Good luck with that. :D

If Liberty can't win the special teams battle, their special teams must really suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knucklehead
September 24th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I believe Liberty is top 10 in kick returns but the kicker who is a freshman is struggling a bit. Kick coverage has been pretty good.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Northbound & down on I-85 out of Charlotte...SB Jr. Is ready to wear out Dad's shoulder throwing the football.

knucklehead
September 24th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Northbound & down on I-85 out of Charlotte...SB Jr. Is ready to wear out Dad's shoulder throwing the football.

Nice. Gonna be a great fall day for its can't wait.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Damn!! Forgot the apple pie moonshine :mad:

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Damn!! Forgot the apple pie moonshine :mad:

Isn't that like forgetting there's football on Saturdays? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Since I probably won't be able to watch, let us know if they start Barge and how much he plays if he does, please.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Isn't that like forgetting there's football on Saturdays? xlolx
I have the High Life in the cooler so it's not a total loss...

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2016, 11:13 AM
I have the High Life in the cooler so it's not a total loss...

Oh don't get Thumper started on why High Life is everything that is right with beer.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Oh don't get Thumper started on why High Life is everything that is right with beer.
It IS everything that is right with beer!!!!

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2016, 11:26 AM
It IS everything that is right with beer!!!!

See this Kingpin? Read and learn from your elders ;)

Although I'm more partial to Miller Genuine Draft...

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Its some nasty domestic swill. Though, I could always go for some Apple Pie!

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Its some nasty domestic swill. Though, I could always go for some Apple Pie!
You bite your tongue, whippersnapper!

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2016, 01:15 PM
You bite your tongue, whippersnapper!

Give me a Michgolden and I am all good. I'll event settle for Coors if necessary.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Give me a Michgolden and I am all good. I'll event settle for Coors if necessary.
Dang boy...your palette needs some serious refinement!

BisonTru
September 24th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Ankles fear him.

So does his girlfriend. xcoolxxdrunkyx

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 03:23 PM
The AGS flag has arrived at Liberty!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160924/8e6a779c30b836d4c4511a1ec1020d83.jpg

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Dang boy...your palette needs some serious refinement!

Well I would choose a Disgruntled beer or a Boulevard any day, but if I am looking to put back more than a few, I will for sure be getting Michgolden Light.

knucklehead
September 24th, 2016, 04:12 PM
The AGS flag has arrived at Liberty!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160924/8e6a779c30b836d4c4511a1ec1020d83.jpg

Where are you guys sitting inside? Hope to find you.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Don't have tickets yet but will probably sit in Visitor's section.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 04:33 PM

Don't have tickets yet but will probably sit in Visitor's section.

How many JSU people look to have made the trip?

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 05:47 PM
How many JSU people look to have made the trip?
I'd estimate about 100. 20 minutes to kickoff here in the VA foothills.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:08 PM
JSU won the toss & deferred. Liberty returns to the 25.

It's a perfect early fall evening here in Lynchburg with a decent crosswind that could affect passing.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:11 PM
That was fast. 7-0 JSU.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Quick 3-&-out for LU. Jax opens with pass to Barge. Deep wide open pass to #6 for a fast strike TD. EP good.

JSU 7
Liberty 0
1Q 12:06

dgtw
September 24th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Since I probably won't be able to watch, let us know if they start Barge and how much he plays if he does, please.

Barge took the opening punt for us and then caught a pass for a first down on the first play.

BisonTru
September 24th, 2016, 06:14 PM
That was fast. 7-0 JSU.

Wow. Your feed is a good 2-3 minutes faster than mine.

BTW, your kicker must be on the same diet plan as your Oline. xlolxxdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Wow. Your feed is a good 2-3 minutes faster than mine.

BTW, your kicker must be on the same diet plan as your Oline. xlolxxdrunkyx
In the parking lot listening on the radio.

and hey, Janikowski isn't a thin guy.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:19 PM
And the penalties begin.....

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Welp.

That wasn't productive.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Jenkins telegraphs an in route and throws an INT. Liberty ball at midfield.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:26 PM
If Al Harris just left the team I wouldn't even care.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Liberty takes the gift and stalls in the redzone. FG good.

JSU 7
Liberty 3
1Q 6:23

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Can we run the ball now, Grass?

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Eli goes 73 yds on the qb keeper! EP good.

JSU 14
Liberty 3
1Q 4:48

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Can we run the ball now, Grass?
Thanks Coach! :D

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:36 PM
PENALTIES! UGH!

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Eli goes 73 yds on the qb keeper!

I hope the defense toys with Liberty a bit here. Eli looks little tired on the sidelines after that run on the livestream.

Catsfan90
September 24th, 2016, 06:37 PM
This broadcast/ production is incredible.....

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 06:40 PM

Agreed. Signal keeps going in and out on the livestream, though. ESPN running a "technical difficulties" crawl under the game.

BisonTru
September 24th, 2016, 06:40 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Aw9dIEEncG7hS/giphy.gif

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:42 PM

Eli*

TheKingpin28

xbowxxbowx

JSUSoutherner
Agreed. Signal keeps going in and out on the livestream, though. ESPN running a "technical difficulties" crawl under the game.
92J is realible if you're around Jacksonville.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I'm in J'ville, but the feed hasn't skipped in a while now.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:46 PM
92J is realible if you're around Jacksonville.
Put down the booze before you type, bandboy

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Fun fact: JSU has more penalty yardage (30) than Liberty has of total offense (27) at the end of the first.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Put down the booze before you type, bandboy

What?

Catsfan90
September 24th, 2016, 06:47 PM
I have that too, but it still feels big time.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Al Harris can GTFO.

Catsfan90
September 24th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Thank god I'm not the only nerd who's been thinking this...

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:49 PM
If Al Harris just left the team I wouldn't even care.
That's 2 on him now for the same reasons...not looking for the ball & way too much hands on the receiver.

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2016, 06:50 PM

Deep pockets.....FBS level pockets.....and I agree.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 06:51 PM
That's 2 on him now for the same reasons...not looking for the ball & way too much hands on the receiver.

He's been our biggest problem on defense all season. I don't understand why he can't just not be a dumb***. All he does it get PI and unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

centennial
September 24th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Turner Gill continues to be bad. I can't believe how bad some of the play calling is.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Liberty's PA has spoken and the music has still played multiple times after the ball has been snapped by JSU offense...

Catsfan90
September 24th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Deep pockets.....FBS level pockets.....and I agree.
Absolutely. If I was ignorant, I'd say this was an FBS game.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Apart from Al Harris' nonsense the defense has seemed pretty good tonight.

BARGE!!!!!

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Barge returns the punt 70+ yds for a TD! EP off the right upright

JSU 20
Liberty 3
2Q 9:24

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Defense is hungry. I like it.

dgtw
September 24th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I'm in J'ville, but the feed hasn't skipped in a while now.

Same here. It has skipped a couple times but nothing major.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Eli.... wut r u doin?

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Same here. It has skipped a couple times but nothing major.

So much for that. Somebody donate a new set of cables to Liberty, please. Missed most of what led to Barge making the catch on the goal line, then missed the TD.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Radio announcers are saying the Liberty crowd is already starting to thin out... seriously?

dgtw
September 24th, 2016, 07:29 PM
So much for that. Somebody donate a new set of cables to Liberty, please. Missed most of what led to Barge making the catch on the goal line, then missed the TD.

Yep. Still better than OVCTV.

dgtw
September 24th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Radio announcers are saying the Liberty crowd is already starting to thin out... seriously?

Why? Their FBS teams suck.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 07:34 PM
About 1/3 of their students have left. Going to drown their sorrows in grape NeHi

Big_Fan
September 24th, 2016, 07:41 PM
298 yards of offense for JSU. 41 yards for LU. 27-3 at the half...

We are really not playing a very good game offensively, no matter what the total yard stats say. It has been feast or famine. I want to see some sustained drives.

We get the ball first to start the second half. A nice long drive for a score would be just what the doctor ordered.

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 07:44 PM
About 1/3 of their students have left. Going to drown their sorrows in grape NeHi

They don't want to stick around and see how high we can run up the score?

Schism55
September 24th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Had to turn this off.
Way to come out and protect home field Liberty. Getting roflstomped on your own field is not a good look.
Turner Gill is about to be 55-71 as a head coach. Can the narrative of him being a good coach just **** off now, really, please and thank you.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 07:46 PM
They don't want to stick around and see how high we can run up the score?
Those virgin daiquiris won't make themselves!

dgtw
September 24th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Had to turn this off.
Way to come out and protect home field Liberty. Getting roflstomped on your own field is not a good look.
Turner Gill is about to be 55-71 as a head coach. Can the narrative of him being a good coach just **** off now, really, please and thank you.

Charles Barkley thinks you are racist.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Those virgin daiquiris won't make themselves!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Southern Bison again.

Cheers to you, sir. Cheers.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Had to turn this off.

Don't let Jay Walker hear that. Especially if you talk bad about the "true" national championship between the SWAC and MEAC

QUOTED WRONG PERSON

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 07:53 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Southern Bison again.

Cheers to you, sir. Cheers.
I still have more alcohol in my cooler after pre-gaming than the entire campus...and I forgot the moonshine!!

Big_Fan
September 24th, 2016, 08:11 PM
terrible spot on the 4th down

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 08:29 PM
A couple of first downs, their first of the game, and Liberty manages to score a TD on a 59-yard catch-and-run. Now 27-10.

<grumble grumble grumble>

Big_Fan
September 24th, 2016, 08:30 PM
A couple of first downs, their first of the game, and Liberty manages to score a TD on a 59-yard catch-and-run. <grumble grumble grumble.>

Our defense seems to be good for one of those every week.

Lets hope that is the only one. This game shouldn't be close.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 08:36 PM
A 57-yard Roc Thomas run to the 2, and Thomas gets the ball again, punches it in. Gamecocks up 34-10 after the PAT.

CockyGeek
September 24th, 2016, 08:40 PM
That's probably the death blow. I was excepting a closer game.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Jax State D with a pick-six, erased by a PF penalty. Liberty broadcast crew suddenly unable to produce a replay. Unsportsmanlike conduct flag for good measure after the play.

Big_Fan
September 24th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Jax State D with a pick-six, erased by a PF penalty. Liberty broadcast crew suddenly unable to produce a replay. Unsportsmanlike conduct flag for good measure after the play.

The idea that LU's patchwork OL can play this entire game without holding the monsters on our DL is ridiculous. We are beating the Flames - and the refs.

...not to mention the no-call pass interference against them that even their homer TV commentators noticed.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 08:53 PM
After a Liberty 3-and-out, Jax State scores on one play, a 69-yard catch-and-run. 41-10 Jax State. Commentators discussing whether this is unseemly, but at Jax State we don't trust 24-point, fourth-quarter leads.

CockyGeek
September 24th, 2016, 08:53 PM
This is the most points JSU has scored all year. Looking last year's team again except for the freaking penalties.

kdinva
September 24th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Jax State scores on one play, a 69-yard catch-and-run. 41-10 Jax State. Commentators discussing whether this is unseemly, but at Jax State we don't trust 24-point, fourth-quarter leads.

Rocco didn't ever have a problem not letting up with a 35+ point lead.........

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Three-and-out again for Liberty. JSU gets a backup QB in the game for the first time this season. RS Bryant Horn. Backup RB Tyus Flakes in, too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Dominating performance by JSU!

Liberty has had some success here and there under Gill but ultimately the Flames seem stuck in neutral...

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Three-and-out for the JSU backups. Snap sails over the punter into the endzone for a safety. Just when I was thinking special teams play had improved.

CockyGeek
September 24th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Big South has replay???

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Wish they could replay that PI call that overturned the INT.

CockyGeek
September 24th, 2016, 09:08 PM
They're obsessed with these fireworks

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Liberty manages a TD on the ground. 41-19 Gamecocks with 2:22 to play. JSU winning the penalties race with ease; 11 for 112 yards, 0 for the Flames.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Another one-play drive for Jax State. Backup RB Justice Owens runs all 87 yards for the score. 48-19 JSU.

CockyGeek
September 24th, 2016, 09:16 PM
The announcers called Kennesaw State a tough environment. That must be the mentality of Liberty.

JaxSinfonian
September 24th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Eli Jenkins posing for selfies with and high-fiving the creepy Jerry's Jokers kids from the Liberty student section.

knucklehead
September 24th, 2016, 11:13 PM
So, I am speechless. That never happens. We took a huge step back tonight. That's all I have to say about the "game" right now, but it was great to meathe Southern Bison briefly.

Big_Fan
September 24th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Yes, in fact, I actually went back and watched much of the game. I've been looking forward to tomorrow for a while. Liberty has undeniable success at home in big games. With 8,000 students breathing down your neck, JSU will not find Williams Stadium as friendly as Death Valley. I am in no way comparing Liberty crowd noise to LSU - not in the same conversation. But let's also not act like the LSU fan-base was jacked up to play JSU. Right, wrong or indifferent, it's the world we live in.

Jerry's Clowns were taking selfies with Eli and giving him high-fives after the game. I would call that pretty friendly.

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Jax St. is currently the better team, but Liberty has a lot of success against Top 10 opponents at home. Specifically Top 5. Crowd will be a factor especially if JSU can't get off to a fast start. Don't be surprised if Liberty wins this game.

You know we played in Death Valley two weeks ago right?

Crowd noise won't phase this team. The only thing holding them back currently is themselves.

I tried to tell you....

Mocs123
September 25th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Congratulations to JSU on a nice win! Hopefully we both keep winning setting up a game in the playoffs.

JaxSinfonian
September 25th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Congratulations to JSU on a nice win! Hopefully we both keep winning setting up a game in the playoffs.

The Mocs had an impressive showing against Samford, too. If both teams win out, I could see the committee setting up a JSU-UTC semifinal, with the only question being who gets the higher seed and the home game. Let's hope we both get there, wherever it is. It could be the stuff of legend.

Mocs123
September 25th, 2016, 09:05 AM
True, and while I would love to see the game and Finley, I have no problem heading down I-59 and playing in Jacksonville; it's a great atmosphere and a fun place to play.

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Yesssssssssssssssss!

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 25th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Liberty is down this year but this is still a really impressive W by Jax State. Not easy to win in Lynchburg.

LUnpretty11
September 26th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I will happily admit when I am dead wrong. Saturday was humiliating for Liberty in every aspect of the word. For those questioning Gill, we are talking about that on the Liberty boards all week and probably all season from here on out. Absolutely unbelievable what took place Saturday. I'm okay with losing to a top 5 team if it's a game. This is the worst loss in over a decade for Liberty and the fans are beside themselves.

Hats off to JSU and to Eli Jenkins.

LUnpretty11
September 26th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Liberty is down this year but this is still a really impressive W by Jax State. Not easy to win in Lynchburg.

Calling this a down year is an understatement right now. No O-Line and no QB play = no threat. The fan base is in total panic mode.