PDA

View Full Version : The Big Sky's "big announcement" tomorrow is......?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2016, 11:34 PM
Be on the lookout for a big announcement coming tomorrow!

It could be anything from the announcement of a new sandwich sponsor of the Big Sky title game to the announcement of new membership. I honestly have no idea.

smilo
September 21st, 2016, 11:36 PM
North Dakota tossed out! (Too hopeful, I know)

Divisional alignments for when Idaho joins? Seems far in advance.

BisonFan02
September 21st, 2016, 11:38 PM
A new neutral site stadium made entirely of mountains and plumbed with the tears of Vandal fans.

Rjones61
September 21st, 2016, 11:42 PM
We are adding ultimate frisbee.

floridagriz15
September 21st, 2016, 11:53 PM
Add Idaho in Football, Conference Divisions
Mountain/Northern Division 7 Teams
Coastal/Southern Division 7 Teams

Both Divisions Get 1 Auto Bid since the MEAC gave theirs up ;)

Silenoz
September 22nd, 2016, 12:49 AM

I can only assume we would own the **** out of that. Hackey-sac too

SUUTbird
September 22nd, 2016, 01:00 AM
Only things I can think of would be:

The announcement of two Divisions for when Idaho joins
North Dakota leaving the Big Sky
Potentially a new member if North Dakota is leaving

floridagriz15
September 22nd, 2016, 01:20 AM
Only things I can think of would be:

The announcement of two Divisions for when Idaho joins
North Dakota leaving the Big Sky
Potentially a new member if North Dakota is leaving

NMSU?! Lol ;)

Libertine
September 22nd, 2016, 07:15 AM
The Big Sky is "collaborating" with the West Coast Conference. If any member of the WCC chooses to add scholarship football (<cough!> San Diego! <cough!>) they'll automatically have a spot in the Big Sky.

clenz
September 22nd, 2016, 07:26 AM
A new neutral site stadium made entirely of mountains and plumbed with the tears of Vandal fans.
Not a stadium

Laker
September 22nd, 2016, 07:54 AM
It could be anything from the announcement of a new sandwich sponsor of the Big Sky title game to the announcement of new membership. I honestly have no idea.

What time is this announcement?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2016, 08:17 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say it's not this:

http://images.teamfanshop.com/CompleteMailer/images/2016/EML16_PT131_FSNMEXT_NCAAR_092216_01.jpg

AmsterBison
September 22nd, 2016, 08:18 AM
I'll second that they're announcing divisions in their FB conference. Each division will have six members. One division will be called "The Montana Division" and the other will be called "The Non-Montana Division." UND will be called "The Floater" and will play three teams from each division.

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2016, 08:28 AM
Not a stadium

Fine. xlolx How about a dome? :D They will call it the "Palouse Palace" or PP for short.

dewey
September 22nd, 2016, 08:38 AM
I'll second that they're announcing divisions in their FB conference. Each division will have six members. One division will be called "The Montana Division" and the other will be called "The Non-Montana Division." UND will be called "The Floater" and will play three teams from each division.

UND as the floater. That is a great idea.

Dewey

MrTitleist
September 22nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be a really lame announcement.

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2016, 09:00 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be a really lame announcement.

I have a feeling your feeling is correct.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2016, 09:03 AM

This needs to be a thing. I'd go back to college for this.

nodak651
September 22nd, 2016, 09:08 AM
Our hockey beat writer thinks it is a new Root deal. Said they were close to an extension 4 days ago.

Bisonator
September 22nd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Obviously it's that the BSC and WAC are merging and half of the schools will be going FBS while the other half stays FCS. Come on guys siouxvolley's had this pegged for about 10 years now. It's all starting to come together. You just need to keep puffing on the magic dragon! xlolx

F'N Hawks
September 22nd, 2016, 09:18 AM
A new Root Sports deal for MSU, UM and EWU fans to enjoy. Riveting!

POD Knows
September 22nd, 2016, 09:22 AM
A new Root Sports deal for MSU, UM and EWU fans to enjoy. Riveting!

Yep, big yawn if that is it.

nodak651
September 22nd, 2016, 09:25 AM
Id be happy with a Roku channel.

veinup
September 22nd, 2016, 09:30 AM
if there's a new Root Sports deal (like all UM games on Root or something) does that mean no games on ESPN3?

GetEmGriz
September 22nd, 2016, 09:39 AM
if there's a new Root Sports deal (like all UM games on Root or something) does that mean no games on ESPN3?

Yep any ROOT Sports games would not be on ESPN3.

GetEmGriz
September 22nd, 2016, 09:42 AM
I'm excited to see what the "Big" announcement is, but I too have a feeling it may be pretty lame. My guesses are:

1. Conference splits into two divisions
2. All games, including ROOT Sports games, will be streamed online
3. New ROOT Sports contract
4. ESPN3 deal (If ROOT Sports and Big Sky couldn't make a deal)

nevadagriz
September 22nd, 2016, 09:43 AM
There is no reason Root can't do double headers every saturday. That makes too much sense though!

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
In a random act of kindness, the Big Sky has gotten together to fully fund Eastern Washington's new stadium.

bobcathpdevil56
September 22nd, 2016, 09:54 AM
I can only assume we would own the **** out of that. Hackey-sac too

I don't know about that. Portland State might have a claim to being better at Hacking than Missoula. Both towns have plenty of man-buns in them

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
I don't know about that. Portland State might have a claim to being better at Hacking than Missoula. Both towns have plenty of man-buns in them

So does Brosmen these days. xnodx

bobcathpdevil56
September 22nd, 2016, 10:06 AM
So does Brosmen these days. xnodx

That is accurate so, Touche!

Hammerhead
September 22nd, 2016, 10:25 AM
Interesting article in today's newspaper about UND exploring options for joining The Summit League and options for football.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/college/4120622-conversations-about-unds-future-big-sky-are-ongoing

"GRAND FORKS, N.D.—First-year Big Sky Conference commissioner Andrea Williams toured Grand Forks last weekend.

She checked out the campus on Friday, met with coaches and administrators later in the day and attended the University of North Dakota's Potato Bowl victory over South Dakota on Saturday afternoon.

She answered numerous questions about her thoughts on the Grand Forks community and the campus as a whole, but the burning one is this: What will UND's affiliation be with the Big Sky Conference in the near future?

UND is in the midst of exploring all areas of its athletic department, including its conference affiliation. The group tasked with giving new President Mark Kennedy recommendations by Nov. 1, the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee, has discussed the possibility of moving its athletics programs to the Summit League."

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
The real question is if it will be as lame as the Big South announcement was.

Libertine
September 22nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
The real question is if it will be as lame as the Big South announcement was.

Could be tough. The Big South set that bar pretty high...or low? I don't know which way the Scale of Lameness extends.

GetEmGriz
September 22nd, 2016, 10:41 AM
Apparently the Big Sky is saying the announcement is not as BIG as some people are predicting.

https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/778980975430598657

GetEmGriz
September 22nd, 2016, 11:04 AM
The "BIG" announcement is... ***drumroll***

A new Big Sky App. xeyebrowx

The app will essentially allow you to stream Big Sky games from the App instead of from a browser.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2016/9/20/GEN_0920162520.aspx

https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/778988426099949569

Laker
September 22nd, 2016, 11:05 AM
Could be tough. The Big South set that bar pretty high...or low? I don't know which way the Scale of Lameness extends.

The scale of lameness cannot be exceeded if you put the bar on the ground- and then trip over it.

Laker
September 22nd, 2016, 11:06 AM

The app will essentially allow you to stream Big Sky games from the App instead of from a browser.

I haven't seen anything this big since Geraldo showed all the money in Al Capone's safe.

POD Knows
September 22nd, 2016, 11:12 AM
Well, the new bar for "big announcement" lameness has been set. BSC, we're #1, We're #1.

kdinva
September 22nd, 2016, 11:14 AM
I haven't seen anything this big since Geraldo showed all the money in Al Capone's safe.

xslapfightx xlolx

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2016, 11:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Bisonator
September 22nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
WTF! I was so sure siouxvolley was right too.xembarrassedx

RootinFerDukes
September 22nd, 2016, 11:31 AM

https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/778988426099949569

Without question a bigger deal than that big south non-annoucement. No seriously, it is a bigger deal in that it is something of physical substance. It exists.
I also wish the CAA would come out with an app that would let us stream all games on our devices. We're behind the times.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2016, 11:31 AM
Secretly I was hoping for some sort of sandwich sponsorship.

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Without question a bigger deal than that big south non-annoucement. No seriously, it is a bigger deal in that it is something of physical substance. It exists.
I also wish the CAA would come out with an app that would let us stream all games on our devices. We're behind the times.

I just hope it's Chromecast compatible, but I won't hold my breath.

Laker
September 22nd, 2016, 11:56 AM
Secretly I was hoping for some sort of sandwich sponsorship.

As long as Jared isn't the spokesman.

POD Knows
September 22nd, 2016, 11:59 AM

Yea, I think these announcements are tied for the lamest ever but I would agree that at least the BSC announcement did contain something tangible, albeit, still lame.

AmsterBison
September 22nd, 2016, 12:37 PM
The only way they could have made that lamer would be to make the announcement a 32-part slideshow with a clickbait title like "The Big Sky's Biggest Announcements Will Shock and Awe You..."

BTW, that's what the Big Sky divisions should be called if they ever get instituted: Shock and Awe.

If the MVFC ever expanded, being midwestern, division names would probably be "Shucks" and "Aw."

veinup
September 22nd, 2016, 12:38 PM
uhhhhh

bobcathpdevil56
September 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM
The only way they could have made that lamer would be to make the announcement a 32-part slideshow with a clickbait title like "The Big Sky's Biggest Announcements Will Shock and Awe You..."

BTW, that's what the Big Sky divisions should be called if they ever get instituted: Shock and Awe.

If the MVFC ever expanded, being midwestern, division names would probably be "Shucks" and "Aw."

The Big Sky Conference said they had an announcement, and when they opened the envelope people were blown away....

dgtw
September 22nd, 2016, 05:00 PM
Do you really need to promote a big announcement if all you are doing is putting out a new app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2016, 05:16 PM
Hugely overblown.