PDA

View Full Version : Since January is Fordham month at AGS...

Pauly LB
January 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
...let us not forget that the best that Fordham ever produced was not a football personality but a baseball personality. The best ever to come out of Fordham is Baseball Hall of Fame announcer and Dodger announcer (50 years)...

VIN SCULLY !!!

Fordham
January 3rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
Scully is indeed an all time great. Not sure if he's the best thing Fordham's ever produced but it's nice to have a bunch of great ones to pick from.

If you ever want to hear those beautiful pipes during the day AND are a video game fan, make sure to check this out: 1986 World Series - Scully's call (Scully is indeed an all time great. If you ever want to hear those beautiful pipes during the day AND are a video game fan, make sure to check this out: http://www.sandiegoserenade.com/2006/04/1986_world_series_game_6_reena.html). Just scroll down a bit and hit play and gaze in wonder at both the skill and amount of time someone must have had to have created this.

UNH SUPERFAN
January 3rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
On the subject of Fordham, I'm wondering what the inside word is on freshman OL Rob Reis from Rutland, VT. How does he stack up to other linemen, will he be a future starter at Fordham?

Fordham
January 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'll try to get more definitive info but I know that I heard during the season that the staff was very pleased with him and I believe he saw some playing time this year as a frosh. It certainly bodes well for last year's VT POY to be in the starting unit in the future.

JoltinJoe
January 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Fordham, a/k/a PaRam, listen old buddy, your Scully link isn't working.

See if you can get one of your technical people on the problem.:thumbsup:

Mr. C
January 3rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
I had a chance to cover the Dodgers home games from 1988-1990 and had contact with Vinny about every day. He is a class act. He went out of his way to hang out with the guys in the press box when he wasn't on the air. I've never run into anyone that knows Vin Scully that doesn't genuinely like the man. I grew up listening to him doing radio broadcasts and I still love listening to him call a game all these years later.

Pauly LB
January 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Actually Vince Scully is in his 57th season broadcasting Dodger games and he is even better than ever -- better because the longer he does Dodger games the more stories he has to tell. Those of us on the left coast and also those old enough to remember him doing Brooklyn Dodgers in the fifties realize just how great Scully is. He is probably the Dodger's MVP at least in LA Dodger history !!!

OLPOP
January 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Rob Reis of Rutland, Vt. Started the last two games for Fordham this year at L.G.

Fordham
January 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
Fordham, a/k/a PaRam, listen old buddy, your Scully link isn't working.

See if you can get one of your technical people on the problem.:thumbsup:

hmmm... try this one instead. (http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball/game-6-rbi-baseball-style-166188.php). the first post is what happens when you tell your Iona admin assistant to get something done.

and stop giving away my aliases.

JoltinJoe
January 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Listened to Scully's call last night.

The Red Sox get their first two outs so easily that I'm still convinced that they're going to win it. xlolx

Fordham
January 4th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Anyone who ever played that old RBI baseball on Nintendo absolutely has to watch that thing. That guy who wasted likely a full year of his life creating that is our modern day Michaelangelo.

Go...gate
January 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Fordham has so many successfull and illustrious alumni(ae), it is hard to boil it down to just one in any field. In the media world itself, you have Denzel Washington, Susan Lucci (Marymount, now merged with Fordham), Mary Higgins Clark, Scully, Mike Breen, Bob Papa and many, many others.

Isn't one of the top Vatican guys at present a Fordham man?

Pauly LB
January 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM
In the Baseball Hall of Fame is Frankie Frisch -- aka "The Fordmam Flash" !

JoltinJoe
January 4th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Easy guys. Or Ralph is going to have to re-write his list of facts for the month.