PDA

View Full Version : AP Poll out, NDSU tied at #27

centennial
September 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Can't believe that we didn't even get to #25 after beating #13. Anyone know if this is the highest for any FCS team?

The Yo Show
September 18th, 2016, 01:45 PM
App State didn't get to the top 25 either when they beat #5 Michigan. Not sure where they got ranked, but were in the ORV. Probably was either 26th or 27th, but depending on which one will determine whether or not Bison are the highest ranked FCS team ever.

chattanoogamocs
September 18th, 2016, 01:55 PM
App State didn't get to the top 25 either when they beat #5 Michigan. Not sure where they got ranked, but were in the ORV. Probably was either 26th or 27th, but depending on which one will determine whether or not Bison are the highest ranked FCS team ever.

Appalachian State was unanimously selected as the No. 1 team in the FCS football poll in the week after their victory against Michigan. Although several voters in the AP Poll stated they would like to vote for Appalachian State, the Mountaineers were ineligible to receive votes because the poll was only limited to FBS teams; in response, the AP amended their policy the following week to allow FCS teams to receive votes in the AP Poll.[28] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Appalachian_State_vs._Michigan_football_game# cite_note-AP:_Lower-division_schools_eligible_thanks_to_Mountaineers-28) The Mountaineers received 19 points in the week 3 edition of the AP Poll[29] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Appalachian_State_vs._Michigan_football_game# cite_note-2007_NCAA_Football_Rankings_-_AP_Top_25_Week_3_.28Sept._9.29-29) and 5 points in the week 4 edition of the AP Poll.[30] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Appalachian_State_vs._Michigan_football_game# cite_note-2007_NCAA_Football_Rankings_-_AP_Top_25_Week_4_.28Sept._16.29-30)

CommishBigSmooth
September 18th, 2016, 01:57 PM

Can't believe that we didn't even get to #25 after beating #13. Anyone know if this is the highest for any FCS team?

According to ESPN, "North Dakota State set a record for the most points in the AP poll received by an FCS or I-AA team."

superman7515
September 18th, 2016, 01:58 PM

Not sure if anyone has cracked the top 25 since 1978.
http://collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/teams/index.cfm#.V97juPArK73

JALMOND
September 18th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Knee jerk reaction by some voters. My opinion, if people think you're worthy of being a top 25 FBS team, you should be blowing out the rest of the FCS. NDSU's showing against both Chuck South and EWU hasn't shown that.

superman7515
September 18th, 2016, 02:00 PM

Appalachian State was 33rd the week after the rule change.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 02:04 PM
2007: #5 Michigan loses to 2-time FCS Champion Appalachian State. Michigan falls out of both polls, but is #27 in Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2007/week/2

2010: #13 Virginia Tech loses to James Madison. Virginia Tech falls out of both polls, but is #49 in the Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2010/week/3

2013: #25 Oregon State loses to Eastern Washington. Oregon State falls out of both polls and is not receiving any votes in Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2013/week/2

2016: #13/#11 Iowa loses to 5-time FCS Champion North Dakota State. Iowa falls out of the AP Poll but is #25 in the Coaches Poll. North Dakota State is T-#27 in the AP Poll while receiving no votes in the Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

I am unable to easily find the history of both polls that accurately shows who was receiving votes. ESPN's poll history shows no FCS teams while I know App and JMU received votes.

Take aways: The coaches poll is a complete joke and I will never refer to it ever again. You can't tell me that one of the 25 best teams in the entire nation of college football can lose to a team in a subdivision lower than them and still be among the best teams in the nation.

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2016, 02:08 PM

According to ESPN it is a record high for the FCS.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23557&stc=1

CommishBigSmooth
September 18th, 2016, 02:11 PM
2007: #5 Michigan loses to 2-time FCS Champion Appalachian State. Michigan falls out of both polls, but is #27 in Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2007/week/2

2010: #13 Virginia Tech loses to James Madison. Virginia Tech falls out of both polls, but is #49 in the Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2010/week/3

2013: #25 Oregon State loses to Eastern Washington. Oregon State falls out of both polls and is not receiving any votes in Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/seasontype/2/year/2013/week/2

2016: #13/#11 Iowa loses to 5-time FCS Champion North Dakota State. Iowa falls out of the AP Poll but is #25 in the Coaches Poll. North Dakota State is T-#27 in the AP Poll while receiving no votes in the Coaches Poll.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

I am unable to easily find the history of both polls that accurately shows who was receiving votes. ESPN's poll history shows no FCS teams while I know App and JMU received votes.

Take aways: The coaches poll is a complete joke and I will never refer to it ever again. You can't tell me that one of the 25 best teams in the entire nation of college football can lose to a team in a subdivision lower than them and still be among the best teams in the nation. Meanwhile, not a single coach votes for NDSU, while the media all but ranks that same team. That is complete and utter disrespect.

You can't totally blame the coaches on not voting for NDSU. They are not allowed to.
Per USA Today, "...coaches who vote in that poll (Amway Coaches Poll) must select from the pool of 128 FBS teams."

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 02:28 PM
You can't totally blame the coaches on not voting for NDSU. They are not allowed to.
Per USA Today, "...coaches who vote in that poll (Amway Coaches Poll) must select from the pool of 128 FBS teams."

Thanks. I'll revise my post.

thebootfitter
September 18th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Knee jerk reaction by some voters. My opinion, if people think you're worthy of being a top 25 FBS team, you should be blowing out the rest of the FCS. NDSU's showing against both Chuck South and EWU hasn't shown that.
Because history shows that the top 25 FBS teams are always head and shoulders above every FCS team, right?

While that may be the common perception, I think if voters are being truly honest with themselves and looking at tools like Sagarin or Massey and looking at comparative results on the field, they'd see that's not always the case. The real hurdle is that there are typically only a very small sample size to compare against, and it's easy to chalk a small sample up to "any given Saturday."

Is this year's NDSU team one of the top 25 in the nation? Hard to say, but if Iowa truly was in the top 15 (I'm not sure they really are, but that's what voters thought last week), then it seems pretty clear that NDSU should at least be considered.

I think the real knee-jerk reaction is to assume that Iowa isn't one of the top 25 teams now. Hopefully they will show they still belong through the rest of their season. But I'm sure there is a psychological element for those players getting beat up by "the little guys." How they respond will show their resilience and whether they still belong in the top-25 conversation.

CommishBigSmooth
September 18th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Looked at the AP Top 25 poll by writer breakdown here after it was released---I think the math works here to add up to the point total NDSU got. Few interesting findings:

-Looks like roughly 43% of the voters (26 by my count out of 61) had NDSU on their ballots this week. So not quite half.

-The highest ranking NDSU received was #15 (!) by Pete DiPrimio of the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel.

-Only one other voter had NDSU above 20th, and that was Marq Burnett of SEC Country (Atlanta Journal Constitution), who had NDSU at #18.

-Of the 25 voters who put NDSU on their ballots- 10 of them had them ranked #25. The next most frequent ranking was #23 (7 voters).

Full list of NDSU voters (and media affiliations) below in case you are interested, along with where they ranked NDSU. Apologies for spelling and/or other errors.

Adam Jude- (Seattle Times) #23
Adam Zucker- (CBS Sports) #25
Andy Greder (St. Paul Pioneer Press)- #25
Bob Asmussen (Champaign News Gazette)- #23
Brent Axe (Syracuse Media Group)- #23
Brett McMurphy (ESPN)- #22
Chris Murray (Reno Gazette-Journal)- #25
David Briggs (Toledo Blade)- #22
David Southorn (Idaho Statesman) #23
Ed Daigneault (Republican-American- in Connecticut)- #24
Ed Johnson (Albuquerque Journal)- #25
Ferd Lewis (Honolulu Observer) - #25
Gary Horowitz (Statesman Journal-covers Oregon State)- #21
Jonny Miller (WBZ Radio-Boston) #23
Josh Kendall (The State-Columbia, SC) #21
Kirk Bohls (Austin American Statesman) #24
Mandy Mitchell (WRAL TV- Raleigh, NC) #25
Marq Burnett (SEC Country- Atlanta Journal Constitution)- #18
Matt Galloway (Topeka Capital-Journal) #23
Mike Barber (Richmond Times-Dispatch) #25
Mitch Vingle (Charleston Gazette-Mail) #25
Patrick Brown (Chattanooga Times Free Press) #25
Pete DiPrimio (Fort Wayne News-Sentinel) #15
Scott Wolf (Los Angeles Daily News) #24
Steve Batterson (Quad City Times) #23
Tony Parks (1280 The Zone- Salt Lake City) #25

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2016, 04:21 PM
I'm not going to piss on the Bison win at Iowa, but Appy at the big house is the standard, if they don't get in to the top 25 noone will.

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I'm not going to piss on the Bison win at Iowa, but Appy at the big house is the standard, if they don't get in to the top 25 noone will.
Here's the thing.

App State wasn't allowed to be voted for when they beat Michigan. The AP actually had to change their rules a couple of weeks later in order to all App State able to be voted for.

By then the hype had sort of died down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Here's the thing.

App State wasn't allowed to be voted for when they beat Michigan. The AP actually had to change their rules a couple of weeks later in order to all App State able to be voted for.

By then the hype had sort of died down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep I understand the circumstances for App. I'm kind of generalizing with my first comment.

Your right about the hype, even if NDSU goes undefeated I'm sure they will fade from the voters mind. I highly doubt they would continue to climb.

Christiank22
September 18th, 2016, 05:24 PM
If NDSU wins six while being undefeated (I think we drop 1 personally) and Iowa manages to win the B1G west and play well/win in the B1G championship game I wouldn't be surprised to see us at 25 at the end of the season, unless Iowa has another Rose Bowl fiasco

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2016, 05:27 PM
If NDSU wins six while being undefeated (I think we drop 1 personally) and Iowa manages to win the B1G west and play well/win in the B1G championship game I wouldn't be surprised to see us at 25 at the end of the season, unless Iowa has another Rose Bowl fiasco

Thats a good point. If Iowa finds a way to rally, maybe voters remember NDSU at the end

Christiank22
September 18th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Thats a good point. If Iowa finds a way to rally, maybe voters remember NDSU at the end
I think Iowa doing well with the hype of winning 6 in a row would be enough to remind voters and vote NDSU number 25 in their final poll. IIRC NDSU was 29th at the end of 2013 undefeated/KSU beating season

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2016, 06:05 PM
If Iowa were to run the table, the ESPN talking heads chatting about NDSU not being a bad loss would be surreal. xlolx

Catsfan90
September 18th, 2016, 06:12 PM
If Iowa were to run the table, the ESPN talking heads chatting about NDSU not being a bad loss would be surreal. xlolx

I think they would. ESPN already gives NDSU extremely favorable coverage!

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 06:16 PM
It's just laughable. Iowa has a good year about once every decade. That was last year, not this year. The common thread between all these FBS wins for ndsu is that none are against great programs, and none are against programs that recruit anything resembling elite talent.

They just beat 2 fcs teams in OT. You are not a top 25 team. Neither is iowa, not even close.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 06:38 PM
It's just laughable. Iowa has a good year about once every decade. That was last year, not this year. The common thread between all these FBS wins for ndsu is that none are against great programs, and none are against programs that recruit anything resembling elite talent.

They just beat 2 fcs teams in OT. You are not a top 25 team. Neither is iowa, not even close.

Ok Scrooge. You just can't be happy for anyone besides the Mocs can you? NDSU could beat the #1 team in the nation for FBS and you're answer would still be, "well they did not play this team or that team and they are not that good." I am willing to venture to say that almost everyone if not everyone would be congratulating the Mocs if they had pulled off any sort of upset, but that would require them to actually be more than an "on paper" kind of team and win when it counts. You can make up any excuse, just like you have for every time the Mocs stumble or cannot produce, but you know what; fans congratulate others on their accomplishments but great fans can be glad for the FCS as a whole when something like this happens.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 06:39 PM
You can go back to being irrelevant while the rest of the FCS celebrates together and continues to show eSECpn and the rest of the P5 world that REAL football exists outside their own little world.

SeattleGriz
September 18th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Fort Wayne at #15

Pete DiPrimio (Fort Wayne News-Sentinel) #15

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 06:45 PM
You can go back to being irrelevant while the rest of the FCS celebrates together and continues to show eSECpn and the rest of the P5 world that REAL football exists outside their own little world.

What does iowa have to do with sec? They played tennessee in a bowl game the year before last. It was brutal. Did you watch the rose bowl last year? Iowa is a joke and a fraud.

centennial
September 18th, 2016, 06:55 PM

2 top 10 FCS teams with nothing to lose. Not everyone can play the Shorter Hawks. BTW NDSU's schedule is 83rd in all of division 1. Chattanooga comes in at 224th. Kansas State was the defending B12 champions, Iowa was the Big 10-W champions and were a play away from going to CFP. CMU won the MAC when NDSU beat them 44-14.
Also Iowa was 17th in recruiting this year according to 247.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 06:58 PM
What does iowa have to do with sec? They played tennessee in a bowl game the year before last. It was brutal. Did you watch the rose bowl last year? Iowa is a joke and a fraud.

I was raised with black and gold in my blood so I remember it vividly. The mention to eSECpn is that no matter how hard one tries ESPN and SEC are in bed with one another and every game ends up devolving into a discussion as to why Alabama should always be in the tournament even if the game has nothing to do with them Hell they even tried saying NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS. I beg to differ and say no one is the NDSU of the FCS and if anything, Alabama is NDSU of the FBS.

I realize how Captain Kirk can be completely incompetent and not get out of his own way by playing a conservative game, but the better team won. He knows it, the players know it, and any fan who can say they saw the game and not say that the stripes affected it, know it. Iowa is not a joke or fraud but until they start playing teams outside the MAC and MWC I cannot and will not say they are as good as they show. While I believe Stanford would have beaten Alabama in the CFP had they not had a choke show, it did not help that Iowa could not play solid Defense when they needed to. I saw them stop Michigan State and get royally screwed by the B1G refs in the championship game, to say that Iowa is a joke and a fraud might be one the dumbest things I have read in awhile. Bring some substance to the discussion before spewing garbage, oh wait, I forgot, your logic is similar to Em's. At least with Em, he gets lucky once in a blue moon on his predictions/projections.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:05 PM
2 top 10 FCS teams with nothing to lose. Not everyone can play the Shorter Hawks. BTW NDSU's schedule is 83rd in all of division 1. Chattanooga comes in at 224th. Kansas State was the defending B12 champions, Iowa was the Big 10-W champions and were a play away from going to CFP. CMU won the MAC when NDSU beat them 44-14.
Also Iowa was 17th in recruiting this year according to 247.

Did Kansas state win the big 12 the year yall beat them? How many losses did cmu have the year yall beat them? What were the recruiting rankings of Iowas starters? Was it between chattanooga and NDSU for votes? What does that have to do with anything? You think you should be ranked in the top 25 because your sos is 83? That's counter to your argument.

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2016, 07:08 PM

It was pretty similar to UTC in the playoffs from what I remember. How many FBS wins do you guys have again? I'll hang up and wait, thanks.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:13 PM
I was raised with black and gold in my blood so I remember it vividly. The mention to eSECpn is that no matter how hard one tries ESPN and SEC are in bed with one another and every game ends up devolving into a discussion as to why Alabama should always be in the tournament even if the game has nothing to do with them Hell they even tried saying NDSU is the Alabama of the FCS. I beg to differ and say no one is the NDSU of the FCS and if anything, Alabama is NDSU of the FBS.

I realize how Captain Kirk can be completely incompetent and not get out of his own way by playing a conservative game, but the better team won. He knows it, the players know it, and any fan who can say they saw the game and not say that the stripes affected it, know it. Iowa is not a joke or fraud but until they start playing teams outside the MAC and MWC I cannot and will not say they are as good as they show. While I believe Stanford would have beaten Alabama in the CFP had they not had a choke show, it did not help that Iowa could not play solid Defense when they needed to. I saw them stop Michigan State and get royally screwed by the B1G refs in the championship game, to say that Iowa is a joke and a fraud might be one the dumbest things I have read in awhile. Bring some substance to the discussion before spewing garbage, oh wait, I forgot, your logic is similar to Em's. At least with Em, he gets lucky once in a blue moon on his predictions/projections.

Iowa is a joke and a fraud. I don't think that was a controversial statement. Trying to elevate stanford doesn't help you. Iowa is not a premier program. That weren't a legitimate team last year, aND they sure as hell aren't that this year.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Has chattanooga ever beaten an FBS team? Honest question.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:15 PM

xlolx

NDSU still went out and beat them, all 85 scholarships and all. UTC has done what in the FCS? Or what FBS teams have they beaten?

I know it makes you uneasy that Iowa would roll UTC by 6 TDs but the sun will come up tomorrow cupcake!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Iowa is a joke and a fraud. I don't think that was a controversial statement. Trying to elevate stanford doesn't help you. Iowa is not a premier program. That weren't a legitimate team last year, aND they sure as hell aren't that this year.

Based on your expert analysis?

xlolx

centennial
September 18th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Did Kansas state win the big 12 the year yall beat them? How many losses did cmu have the year yall beat them? What were the recruiting rankings of Iowas starters? Was it between chattanooga and NDSU for votes? What does that have to do with anything? You think you should be ranked in the top 25 because your sos is 83? That's counter to your argument.

Both CMU and KState were 8 win teams. KState only had losses to ranked teams + NDSU. Point being- We have a better resume than most top 25 team G5 teams. Iowa could still win 8-10 games this year. That is nothing to scoff at.

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2016, 07:20 PM

Ohhhhhhhh somebody is pissy that Tennessee has looked as good as Northwestern this year and trying to take it out on NDSU xlolx

Mocs123
September 18th, 2016, 07:26 PM
NDSU is making a habit of beating FBS teams even ones from P5 conferences. If I was a FBS ad I would never schedule you guys.

We did beat Georgia State a couple of years ago but Georgia St is hardly a powerhouse.

Other than that I am not sure we have beat another FBS school since the split.

We have a really weak OOC this year for sure. I do think the SoCon is better than people think but not as strong as the MVFC.

I have a ton of respect for what NDSU has done both against the FCS and in FBS money games.

I just want to win the SoCon and go to the playoffs again this year (and another shot at JSU would be icing on the cake) :)

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 07:27 PM

Elevate your smack and/or knowledge of football and I will take your "input/insight" about as seriously as a 1st grader.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Both CMU and KState were 8 win teams. KState only had losses to ranked teams + NDSU. Point being- We have a better resume than most top 25 team G5 teams. Iowa could still win 8-10 games this year. That is nothing to scoff at.

Needing not 1, but 2 fcs teams to miss fgs just so you can get to OT with them at home is sad for a team claiming they are top 25 fbs. Your best argument is that your sos is 83 and you barely won any of those games. But you are top 25? Yeahhhh. You guys don't meet the standard, not any year. This year least of all.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Needing not 1, but 2 fcs teams to miss fgs just so you can get to OT with them at home is sad for a team claiming they are top 25 fbs. Your best argument is that your sos is 83 and you barely won any of those games. But you are top 25? Yeahhhh. You guys don't meet the standard, not any year. This year least of all.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23558&stc=1

Besides 2 games, none of these games were even close. Remind me how you did this year again? I'll wait while you fumble for more excuses.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 07:30 PM
NDSU is making a habit of beating FBS teams even ones from P5 conferences. If I was a FBS ad I would never schedule you guys.

We did beat Georgia State a couple of years ago but Georgia St is hardly a powerhouse.

Other than that I am not sure we have beat another FBS school since the split.

We have a really weak OOC this year for sure. I do think the SoCon is better than people think but not as strong as the MVFC.

I have a ton of respect for what NDSU has done both against the FCS and in FBS money games.

I just want to win the SoCon and go to the playoffs again this year (and another shot at JSU would be icing on the cake) :)

Wow. That Georgia State team was FBS. Lost to 3 FCS teams and went 0-12. Ouch.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:31 PM

xlolx

Keep going with this!

Those 2 FCS teams are pretty good.

Shorter
Presbyterian
Furman

Wow compared to Chuck South, EWU and Iowa.....NDSU does have some cupcakes for their OOC games.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Elevate your smack and/or knowledge of football and I will take your "input/insight" about as seriously as a 1st grader.

Dude iowa is not a well respected college program. I guess you think they are because you are a fan, but they arent. They are not anything resembling a team that any sec fan or "eSECpn" fan as you put it would ever respect. Because they haven't done anything. They stink, their talent level is mediocre at best.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Dude iowa is not a well respected college program. I guess you think they are because you are a fan, but they arent. They are not anything resembling a team that any sec fan or "eSECpn" fan as you put it would ever respect. Because they haven't done anything. They stink, their talent level is mediocre at best.

Iowa has 22 players in the NFL. They are a very good FBS program.

Keep saying they are not if that makes you feel all fuzzy inside.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 07:37 PM

Remind me what happened in 05 against LSU? Here let me help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axb23I1aQMA

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:38 PM
xlolx

Keep going with this!

Those 2 FCS teams are pretty good.

Shorter
Presbyterian
Furman

Wow compared to Chuck South, EWU and Iowa.....NDSU does have some cupcakes for their OOC games.

Again what does comparing your schedulewith chattanooga have to do with you being in the fbs top 25? Your arguments ate pathetic.

Basically if anyone questions you tools, you just compare what ndsu has accomplished with what their team has on an fcs message board. So if you are the top fcs program that makes you top 25 fbs....how again?

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Remind me what happened in 05 against LSU? Here let me help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axb23I1aQMA

Who cares? They beat lsu in 2005...ok

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Again what does comparing your schedulewith chattanooga have to do with you being in the fbs top 25? Your arguments ate pathetic.

Basically if anyone questions you tools, you just compare what ndsu has accomplished with what their team has on an fcs message board. So if you are the top fcs program that makes you top 25 fbs....how again?

You, in your infinite wisdom, were belittling the Bison's first two wins against very good FCS teams this year.

I could care less if NDSU is ranked in the AP or not.

Your arguments are moronic and it is too easy laughing at you.....xlolx

Keep going pal.

xlolx

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Iowa has 22 players in the NFL. They are a very good FBS program.

Keep saying they are not if that makes you feel all fuzzy inside.

Iowa is not a good fbs program. That is just dumb. At very best they are a slightly below average big 10 program. They aren't very good in any sense.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Who cares? They beat lsu in 2005...ok
hey are not anything resembling a team that any sec fan or "eSECpn" fan as you put it would ever respect. Because they haven't done anything. They stink, their talent level is mediocre at best.

That is why.

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2016, 07:45 PM

Yep, the only way NDSU actually gets into the AP Top 25 is if Iowa goes on a run (and the Bison continue to win of course).

Oh, and I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?135592-Official-2013-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread&p=2026671&viewfull=1#post2026671

You don't know anything about college football. Central Michigan is typically very tough. Please stfu.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 07:46 PM
You, in your infinite wisdom, were belittling the Bison's first two wins against very good FCS teams this year.

I could care less if NDSU is ranked in the AP or not.

Your arguments are moronic and it is too easy laughing at you.....xlolx

Keep going pal.

xlolx

That makes your arguments moronic. This thread Is about ndsu in the context of the AP top 25. You lose the argument. The only argument that had come is that ndsu beat several mediocre fbs teams throughout the years. And now they have an sos of 83. Wow top 25.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Hey, you guys would be annoying and mad if YSU, Montana, McNeese, Georgia Southern, Delaware and App State had all played as many or more playoff games in your stadium as your team. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Iowa is not a good fbs program. That is just dumb. At very best they are a slightly below average big 10 program. They aren't very good in any sense.

xlolx

They are a good FBS program even if you think they are not. It is nice to have an opinion though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:49 PM
That makes your arguments moronic. This thread Is about ndsu in the context of the AP top 25. You lose the argument. The only argument that had come is that ndsu beat several mediocre fbs teams throughout the years. And now they have an sos of 83. Wow top 25.

Like I said, I could care less about any AP votes or position.

You spitting out retarded salvos is enjoyable.....keep going.

CommishBigSmooth
September 18th, 2016, 07:52 PM

Chatty, you realize one of the guys with a vote in the AP poll writes for the Chattanooga Times Free Press and voted NDSU #25. So apparently the professionals in your own hometown are wrong as well?

No_Skill
September 18th, 2016, 07:52 PM
CMU is tough and Iowa is garbage. You've got to be f'n kidding me.

centennial
September 18th, 2016, 07:53 PM
CMU is tough and Iowa is garbage. You've got to be f'n kidding me.

You don't know anything about college football. Central Michigan is typically very tough. Please stfu.
It's true.

kalm
September 18th, 2016, 08:04 PM
With the gate they get, NDSU could rest on their laurels and schedule OOC as easy as they'd like. Hats off to them for choosing the CSU gig, the H&H's with Montana and EWU and Iowa.

CSU is an up and comer, and EWU was coming off a win against Wazzu.

The same can be said for UNI who has a Big 12 pelt but now sits 1-2 after its Big Sky tilts.

UTC was on the right track in scheduling JSU the last couple years. Hope they go back to challenging themselves in the future.

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2016, 08:26 PM

There it is. He's not a Chatty fan. He's a Tennessee fan who happens to live in Chatty. So now he's found out his precious SEC team is garbage, sees Chatty has a good record and should have a good year, and latches on to any form of success he can find. It's adorable really.

No_Skill
September 18th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Hmmmm. That's not the word I'd call it. xcoolx

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 08:45 PM
It's true.

2 different contexts. You are arguing that NDSU deserves to be in the top 25 because they beat incredible iowa. I was arguing that a close loss to cmu was not that bad of a loss. Better come up with some better stuff. If Midwestern idiots respect iowa that's news to me. I promise you that Iowa is not a well respected football program nationally. Not even close.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2016, 09:48 PM
2 different contexts. You are arguing that NDSU deserves to be in the top 25 because they beat incredible iowa. I was arguing that a close loss to cmu was not that bad of a loss. Better come up with some better stuff. If Midwestern idiots respect iowa that's news to me. I promise you that Iowa is not a well respected football program nationally. Not even close.

Neither is Chatty so they have that going for them......which is nice.

Mayville Bison
September 18th, 2016, 09:50 PM

I'm sure you think beating Northern Illinois, Cal, and New Hampshire is more impressive than Charleston Southern, Eastern Washington, and Iowa, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 10:10 PM
I can't believe a Chattanooga fan is trying to talk smack. You all have only had the recent success you have had thanks to app and ga southern leaving the socon.
You have zero titles, I'm pretty sure no title game appearances. Semifinals?
One fbs win and it's as barely of an fbs win over a ****ty ga state team that didn't win a single game.

Houndawg
September 19th, 2016, 04:56 AM

You're going to catch the vapors if you're not careful. I can't think of a single poster here who demonstrates a weaker knowledge of the game than you regularly do. Everybody comes here to laugh at your nonsensical blather after yet another choke job by your feeble excuse for a football team. You would finish behind South Dakota if you didn't play in a girl's league. Great to have you around though, we're missing JBB...

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2016, 06:45 AM

FBS voters don't see how good Chuck South was and EWU is, even though EWU beat an FBS earlier this year. It's just a mental block by many that still think FCS is lower quality, which over all it may be, but the top schools of FCS are comparable to a lot of FBS schools. The Bison have been proving it over and over again.

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2016, 06:50 AM

Last time NDSU played Central Michigan, Bison won 44-14, and Central Michigan went on to win the MAC and play in a bowl game.

UNIFanSince1983
September 19th, 2016, 08:11 AM
This was an impressive win. It is not the best win for FCS over FBS ever, but still a good win for NDSU none the less. I do agree with chattown that Iowa is a fraud though. Despite being ranked at #13 this team will not finish anywhere near that high. Even if they had beaten NDSU they wouldn't have finished that high. Their two wins are against a very bad Miami(OH) team where they didn't look very impressive. Then a beat down of one of the worst Iowa State teams ever (and there have been some bad ones before). They will look decent again, but they still don't play anyone worth a damn until October 22nd. Their next 4 are Rutgers, NW, Minnesota, and Purdue. The 3 toughest games they have left are all at home. They couldn't get luckier.

Like I said still a great win for NDSU and dominating the Hawks line like they did was very impressive but Iowa is a fraud for sure.

ElCid
September 19th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Like I said still a great win for NDSU and dominating the Hawks line like they did was very impressive but Iowa is a fraud for sure.

Shhh. Doesn't fit the narrative right now. It will either become apparent as the season progresses or not.