September 18th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Results from week 3

UCA 24 NWST 10
SFA 31 McNeese 28
Nicholls 35 UIW 28
HBU 27 ACU 24
SHSU 44 Lamar 31

Surprise win: SFA over McNeese
What happened to? ACU...loses to HBU? Are things that bad?
Close games? SHSU and UCA did just enough to make the clock expire.
Are they for real? Nicholls gets the nod. Look out SLC!

This weeks games:

ACU at SFA
McNeese at UIW
NWST at SLU
SHSU at HBU
Nicholls at S. Alabama
UCA at Arkansas State

My predictions:

ACU at SFA- SFA found a qb. ACU forgot to compete this year. SFA by 21.
McNeese at UIW. Good game. Cowboys bounce back by 7.
NWST at SLU- no idea.
SHSU at HBU- Kats by 49.
Nicholls at S. Alabama- SA by 7.
UCA at Arkansas State- ASU is 0-3. UCA is still looking for their rythym. ASU by 14 and UCA gets a paycheck.

BEAR
September 18th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Wake up SLC fans....xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2016, 09:17 PM
I'm busy deciding if I want to keep picking against SFA

BEAR
September 19th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I'm busy deciding if I want to keep picking against SFA

Hard to decide. I mean you have a capable QB that isn't your starter. You have team chemistry even with Conque at QB. Put in that second guy as starter and let's see how he does. Did Conque have a bad game? Is this a pattern with him? xeyebrowx

McNeese75
September 19th, 2016, 08:44 AM
ACU at SFA -7 No idea on this one, could be a blow out by either team
McNeese -10 at UIW But only if the Pokes quit shooting themselves in the foot.
NWST at SLU -14 The fork is half-way in the demons
SHSU -24 at HBU Kats continue their cupcake tour and I doubt they will get bushwacked like ACU.
Nicholls at S. Alabama -7 Still not sure what to think about the Colonels
UCA at Arkansas State -14 Might be the Bears chance this week

TheRevSFA
September 19th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Hard to decide. I mean you have a capable QB that isn't your starter. You have team chemistry even with Conque at QB. Put in that second guy as starter and let's see how he does. Did Conque have a bad game? Is this a pattern with him? xeyebrowx

Conque's completion percentage is in the range of 39%. I mean..hey being successful only 39% of the time is great..if you're playing baseball and batting .390..

Daytripper
September 19th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Conque's completion percentage is in the range of 39%. I mean..hey being successful only 39% of the time is great..if you're playing baseball and batting .390..

Will the coach permanently bench his son? That is the question.

McNeese75
September 19th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Will the coach permanently bench his son? That is the question.

NEVER HAPPEN

BEAR
September 19th, 2016, 09:33 AM
NEVER HAPPEN

Why not, he made his wife second string..

McNeese75
September 19th, 2016, 09:36 AM
His wife is not 6'6" and 250 lbs xnodx

Daytripper
September 19th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Why not, he made his wife second string..

https://media.giphy.com/media/laUY2MuoktHPy/giphy.gif

eiu1999
September 19th, 2016, 09:47 AM
ACU at SFA +3
McNeese +7at UIW
NWST at SLU +10
SHSU +21 at HBU
Nicholls at S. Alabama +14
UCA +3at Arkansas State

BEAR
September 19th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Looks like the Southland thinks much of QB Conque:

Offensive Player of the Week: Zach Conque, Stephen F. Austin
Conque accounted for 325 yards and three touchdowns in Stephen F. Austin’s 31-28 road win over No. 13 McNeese. The senior from Little Rock, Ark. (Catholic H.S.), threw for 262 yards and two touchdowns on 14 completions, while rushing the ball seven times for 63 yards and a score. His touchdown passes went for 30 and 58 yards while his rushing touchdown was a 36-yard scramble. The win snapped McNeese’s nine-game conference winning streak.

BEAR
September 19th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Players i'm impressed with so far:

TACKLES (All positions)
Cl
G
Pos.
Solo
Ast.
Total
Avg/G
Sacks

Dolan, Garrett-HBU
JR
LB

TACKLES FOR LOSS
Cl
G
Pos.
Solo
Ast.
Yards
Total
Avg/G

Dolan, Garrett-HBU
JR
LB

Dolan is a bulldog with a nose for that ball. Watching him weekly its impressive to see him take angles on runners, his speed to the kill, and his ability to stay low on the breakdown in open space to give the other defenders time to get there. 3 games in and he has 42 tackles. Beast. Just beast.

Tackles for loss: All positions- Lamar has 4 players in the top 10. Two linebackers and two DBs.

Overall offense: Corey Avery, SHSU. Kid can do it all.

McNeese75
September 19th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Looks like the Southland thinks much of QB Conque:

Offensive Player of the Week: Zach Conque, Stephen F. Austin
Conque accounted for 325 yards and three touchdowns in Stephen F. Austin’s 31-28 road win over No. 13 McNeese. The senior from Little Rock, Ark. (Catholic H.S.), threw for 262 yards and two touchdowns on 14 completions, while rushing the ball seven times for 63 yards and a score. His touchdown passes went for 30 and 58 yards while his rushing touchdown was a 36-yard scramble. The win snapped McNeese’s nine-game conference winning streak.

xlolx now that is funny Nothing said in there about his completion %, etc. I find it hard to believe there were not more deserving offensive performances in the league

Daytripper
September 19th, 2016, 01:38 PM
ACU at SFA - SFA by 17
McNeese at UIW - McNeese by 30
NWST at SLU - Tie
SHSU at HBU - SHSU by 35
Nicholls at S. Alabama - Nicholls by 5
UCA at Arkansas State - Arkansas State by 10

SFA 93
September 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Don't know, but who in the SLC this week did better than 325 yards and 3TDs?

McNeese75
September 19th, 2016, 10:34 PM

Well if that is why you think he deserves it. James Tabary threw for 4 TDs and 348 yards.

BamKat
September 20th, 2016, 09:30 AM

Well if that is why you think he deserves it. James Tabary threw for 4 TDs and 348 yards.

SHSU Jeremiah Briscoe 24/35 69% 328 yards and 3TD's.

McNeese75
September 20th, 2016, 09:34 AM
SHSU Jeremiah Briscoe 24/35 69% 328 yards and 3TD's.

I was NOT advocating Tabary for OPOW. I just did not think Conque deserved it. Briscoe's completion % was much stronger than either Tabary or Conque.

BamKat
September 20th, 2016, 09:38 AM
I was NOT advocating Tabary for OPOW. I just did not think Conque deserved it. Briscoe's completion % was much stronger than either Tabary or Conque.

I was just adding to your post that there was more than one QB that had good numbers. I could care less about SLC POTW...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BEAR
September 20th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Anymore predictions? Any news of injuries? How does your team look...honestly.

UCA- Played down twice. Won twice. Never really opened the playbook. Averaging 60 rushes per game. Played Samford, tough game. Turnovers hurt. Arkansas State next. Who knows. Nice payday though. xlolx

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Anymore predictions? Any news of injuries? How does your team look...honestly.

UCA- Played down twice. Won twice. Never really opened the playbook. Averaging 60 rushes per game. Played Samford, tough game. Turnovers hurt. Arkansas State next. Who knows. Nice payday though. xlolx

SHSU has basically played two cupcakes. I don't think they played very well versus OPSU. I thought both the offense and defense looked great in the first half against Lamar. I would like to see a consistent full game versus HBU, but the starters will probably be on the sideline the second half. Don't think we have any serious injuries. I think we go legitimately 3-deep at running back with Avery, Webb, and Bulmer. I wish we would take advantage of that and run the ball more (even though we are currently averaging 274.5 yards per game rushing - 6.1 yards per carry as a team).

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2016, 11:20 AM
SHSU has basically played two cupcakes. I don't think they played very well versus OPSU. I thought both the offense and defense looked great in the first half against Lamar. I would like to see a consistent full game versus HBU, but the starters will probably be on the sideline the second half. Don't think we have any serious injuries. I think we go legitimately 3-deep at running back with Avery, Webb, and Bulmer. I wish we would take advantage of that and run the ball more (even though we are currently averaging 274.5 yards per game rushing - 6.1 yards per carry as a team).

HBU has one of the best defensive players in the conference but Sam is going to tear through them. Plus, since the Sam crowd will outnumber the HBU fans by 3 to 1, it will be like a home game for Sam

BEAR
September 20th, 2016, 11:20 AM

Then you got an Oline that opens holes. A few years ago UCA had Kentrell Rogers who wasn't a Flanders type player but our Oline opened up holes so big he was able to get massive yardage. Your defense is killing it too. What will be your let down game this year? Or do you think you will go undefeated. Looking at your schedule I can see undefeated.

Katfan
September 20th, 2016, 11:24 AM
SFAby 7 but both teams confuse me after last week.
McNeese by14
Nichols by 7
NWST by I have know idea
SHSU by 45, but that depends if we play the second half
ASU by 7, but I hope I'm wrong

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Then you got an Oline that opens holes. A few years ago UCA had Kentrell Rogers who wasn't a Flanders type player but our Oline opened up holes so big he was able to get massive yardage. Your defense is killing it too. What will be your let down game this year? Or do you think you will go undefeated. Looking at your schedule I can see undefeated.

I'm worried about the usual suspects that always play us tough - UCA, SFA, and McNeese.... but I think our most likely loss will be to....wait for it..........Nicholls in Thibodaux.

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 11:31 AM
I'm worried about the usual suspects that always play us tough - UCA, SFA, and McNeese.... but I think our most likely loss will be to....wait for it..........Nicholls in Thibodaux.

And I hope SFA beats ACU this weekend. They will be 3-1 with the loss to Texas Tech. Maybe some Lumberjerks will actually show up for the Battle of the Piney Woods if they have winning record.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2016, 11:47 AM
And I hope SFA beats ACU this weekend. They will be 3-1 with the loss to Texas Tech. Maybe some Lumberjerks will actually show up for the Battle of the Piney Woods if they have winning record.

You know, I have to remind Sam fans of this every year...we have the same amount of people at the game in Houston as we do at our home games, and our average attendance is much much higher than yours...

Maybe Sam should get their Houston alumni to make that long ass hour drive up to Huntsville and catch a few games.

Someone introduce Bobby Williams to the marketing department.

BEAR
September 20th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Nicholls..yeah...are they for real? Still too early to gauge most SLC teams. Nicholls is one of those teams that plays up to their opponent.

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 11:51 AM
You know, I have to remind Sam fans of this every year...we have the same amount of people at the game in Houston as we do at our home games, and our average attendance is much much higher than yours...

Maybe Sam should get their Houston alumni to make that long ass hour drive up to Huntsville and catch a few games.

You are preaching to the choir, brother.

BEAR
September 20th, 2016, 11:56 AM
SLC coaches show was interesting today. Heard a few coaches say they were struggling. Replay on southland.org/live

BamKat
September 20th, 2016, 11:58 AM

Who said anything about our home attendance? He was talking about BOTPW. DayT is correct, if SFA does not step it up and win one it might all be orange in a few years. Then it will be an argument from the SFA side that this game needs to be brought back to campus.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Who said anything about our home attendance? He was talking about BOTPW. DayT is correct, if SFA does not step it up and win one it might all be orange in a few years. Then it will be an argument from the SFA side that this game needs to be brought back to campus.

No one on the SFA wants the game back on campus sites...

Unless it's to show off our scoreboard. I mean, you want to show off the bigger dick, right?

BamKat
September 20th, 2016, 12:04 PM
No one on the SFA wants the game back on campus sites...

Unless it's to show off our scoreboard. I mean, you want to show off the bigger dick, right?

It would actually be nice to see it in person. . .especially the score part side of it! It's another KATS victory!! Lol SFA has a little bit bigger dick when it comes to scoreboard but shsu knows how to use it!!!

Katfan
September 20th, 2016, 12:10 PM

You won't get an argument from many of us.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2016, 12:20 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/uncategorized/slc-week-4-preview/

McNeese75
September 20th, 2016, 01:24 PM

That bayou juju can give a Texas team fits :D McNeese usually has more issues with them in our stadium than Thibodaux and they are headed this way in a couple weeks xtroublex

BEAR
September 20th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Rev calling the upsets this week. Hope you're right!

McNeese72
September 20th, 2016, 01:53 PM
If I was you guys, I wouldn't be picking McNeese in any game any time soon. We have too many holes to fix and too many injuries to patch.

Doc

BEAR
September 20th, 2016, 02:07 PM
If I was you guys, I wouldn't be picking McNeese in any game any time soon. We have too many holes to fix and too many injuries to patch.

Doc

So you're saying there are holes in The Hole? xeyebrowx I'm coming down that Friday to tailgate with Cowboy fans. Better keep those holes intact. xthumbsupx

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Doc

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxRmGWG6wJ7jmBjHO/giphy.gif

McNeese72
September 20th, 2016, 02:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxRmGWG6wJ7jmBjHO/giphy.gif

You haven't seen what we have seen so far. Our top runningback has a groin pull. Our top wide reciever is hobbling around in a boot during the week with turf toe. Our OL has not consistently run or pass blocked. It is hard to get any consistent drives when all of a sudden booom, you have a negative play. All our scores seem to come on big plays. And our defense while good most of the time will suddenly give up big plays for scores.

Doc

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 02:43 PM
You haven't seen what we have seen so far. Our top runningback has a groin pull. Our top wide reciever is hobbling around in a boot during the week with turf toe. Our OL has not consistently run or pass blocked. It is hard to get any consistent drives when all of a sudden booom, you have a negative play. All our scores seem to come on big plays. And our defense while good most of the time will suddenly give up big plays for scores.

Doc

I know YOU believe this...but you and other Cowboys were sandbagging the entire 11-0 season last year. Maybe it's not intentional, but it is a pattern....:D:D:D:D

FormerPokeCenter
September 20th, 2016, 04:30 PM
McNeese at UIW - McNeese by 30

IWU's not bad....and we're not that good....I would not be surprised by an IWU upset....If you could call a win by them an upset...

FormerPokeCenter
September 20th, 2016, 04:31 PM

Doc

And for once, Doc's not sandbagging....

SFA 93
September 20th, 2016, 05:25 PM
https://twitter.com/kirbyhilde/status/778354918264496129

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/kirbyhilde/status/778354918264496129

BEAR
September 21st, 2016, 09:11 AM
Interesting photo from twitter:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs4I6NlVMAAzwku.jpg

TheRevSFA
September 21st, 2016, 09:38 AM
I think UCA has enough weapons to take on the Red Wolves (or Wed Wolves if you're Lilly VonSchtupp)

While one of stAte's games was against Auburn, they also have losses to Utah State and Toledo..and they weren't competitive in either game.

Bottom of the Sun Belt = pickin's for the FCS

BEAR
September 21st, 2016, 10:06 AM
I think UCA has enough weapons to take on the Red Wolves (or Wed Wolves if you're Lilly VonSchtupp)

While one of stAte's games was against Auburn, they also have losses to Utah State and Toledo..and they weren't competitive in either game.

Bottom of the Sun Belt = pickin's for the FCS

Problem is ASU isn't bottom of the Sunbelt. Past 5 years they've been the crown of the Sunbelt. Plus they are senior laden and it looks like they found a QB in the second half of their last game. While I'm optimistic we can hang with them, I'm pretty sure our depth may be a problem in the third and fourth quarters as with any FCS vs. FBS matchup.

TheRevSFA
September 21st, 2016, 10:12 AM
Problem is ASU isn't bottom of the Sunbelt. Past 5 years they've been the crown of the Sunbelt. Plus they are senior laden and it looks like they found a QB in the second half of their last game. While I'm optimistic we can hang with them, I'm pretty sure our depth may be a problem in the third and fourth quarters as with any FCS vs. FBS matchup.

Arky State is 113 in sagarin, UCA is somewhere in the 150s...not too far off from each other. I still say stAte is bottom of the Belt this year.

Sammy94
September 21st, 2016, 11:10 AM
ACU at SFA +17
McNeese +17 at UIW
NWST at SLU +14
SHSU +31 at HBU
Nicholls +7 at S. Alabama
UCA at Arkansas State +6

BEAR
September 22nd, 2016, 08:54 AM
Stats to ponder:

Scoring offense: Sam Houston 51 points per game, UCA 36.

Scoring defense: UCA 19 points allowed per game. McNeese 21

Total Offense: Sam Houston: 633 yards per game. UCA 498.

Total Defense: UCA 267 Allowed per game. McNeese 311 allowed per game.

Rushing offense: Sam Houston: 274 per game. UCA 247 per game.

Rushing defense: UCA allows 58 yards per game. SFA allows 99.

Pass offense: Sam Houston passes for 358 per game. McNeese for 323 per game.

Pass defense: Nicholls allows 189 per game. Lamar allows 198 per game.

Sacks: SFA has 12. UCA has 11.

Sacks against: Sam Houston has 1. 3 teams tied for 3.

Least penalized team: Nicholls.
Most penalized team: Sam Houston.

Red zone defense: Sam Houston and UCA are stopping teams at a 50% clip only allowing teams to get in the redzone a combined 6 times this year.

Worst red zone defense: McNeese. Teams have gotten there 8 times and scored every time.

Daytripper
September 22nd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Stats to ponder:

Scoring offense: Sam Houston 51 points per game, UCA 36.

Scoring defense: UCA 19 points allowed per game. McNeese 21

Total Offense: Sam Houston: 633 yards per game. UCA 498.

Total Defense: UCA 267 Allowed per game. McNeese 311 allowed per game.

Rushing offense: Sam Houston: 274 per game. UCA 247 per game.

Rushing defense: UCA allows 58 yards per game. SFA allows 99.

Pass offense: Sam Houston passes for 358 per game. McNeese for 323 per game.

Pass defense: Nicholls allows 189 per game. Lamar allows 198 per game.

Sacks: SFA has 12. UCA has 11.

Sacks against: Sam Houston has 1. 3 teams tied for 3.

Least penalized team: Nicholls.
Most penalized team: Sam Houston.

Red zone defense: Sam Houston and UCA are stopping teams at a 50% clip only allowing teams to get in the redzone a combined 6 times this year.

Worst red zone defense: McNeese. Teams have gotten there 8 times and scored every time.

Good stats but they will be much more interesting to compare when conference games get in full swing. The OOC very good competition or very bad competition are still skewing these numbers, I think.

BEAR
September 22nd, 2016, 09:18 AM
Good stats but they will be much more interesting to compare when conference games get in full swing. The OOC very good competition or very bad competition are still skewing these numbers, I think.

I agree. It is early. UCA is the only team to win 2 conference games so far but those teams are a combined 1-3 in conference.

Samalum'10
September 22nd, 2016, 12:11 PM

xdeadhorsexxdeadhorsexxdeadhorsex

MR. CHICKEN
September 23rd, 2016, 08:37 AM
SF AUSTIN
MCNEESE STATE
SLU
SAM HOUSTON STATE
NICHOLLS STATE
ARKANSAS STATE

BEAR
September 23rd, 2016, 11:53 AM
Ticket sales for the UCA at ASU game have exceeded the Toledo at ASU game and you cant buy a ticket on the Red Wolves website!

Who said in state competition wasnt a good thing? xlolx

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2016, 12:05 PM
Ticket sales for the UCA at ASU game have exceeded the Toledo at ASU game and you cant buy a ticket on the Red Wolves website!

Who said in state competition wasnt a good thing? xlolx

Great news!

TheRevSFA
September 24th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Rev calling the upsets this week. Hope you're right!

I see you Bear

SFA 93
September 25th, 2016, 02:45 PM
nominee for FCS Play of the Week

Hunter Taylor to true freshman Tamrick Pace on his 3rd TD catch of the season.
https://twitter.com/mycoskie/status/780097707889221632

and freshman o-lineman #52 A.J. Brown laying the wood.

https://twitter.com/BillyBestOL/status/780109006878674944

BEAR
September 25th, 2016, 05:36 PM
I see you Bear

I owe you a cold one Rev!