PDA

View Full Version : NDSU eligible for votes in AP poll?

VUCats02
September 17th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Just read something somewhere that the AP has emailed voters saying NDSU is eligible for the top 25 rankings, but not sure if it is true or not. If it is, wow!!

semobison
September 17th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Something...somewhere....sure.��

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 05:51 PM
NDSU should be 10-12 in the AP

Scooter
September 17th, 2016, 05:55 PM
I just love the exposure that FCS is getting this season. FCS has represented well this season. Go Bison.

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 06:05 PM
App State received a vote after they defeated Michigan...I don't see why NDSU wouldn't be eligible.

Hammersmith
September 17th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Just read something somewhere that the AP has emailed voters saying NDSU is eligible for the top 25 rankings, but not sure if it is true or not. If it is, wow!!
I believe it's been allowed since two weeks after the App St/Mich game. Several voters wanted to vote for App St, but the rules didn't allow it and there wasn't time to change it for the poll immediately following the game. Over the following week, the AP thought about it and changed the rule. App St got a vote on the next poll. The rule has stayed the same ever since. NDSU has received votes many times over the years, but this is the best chance to actually crack the top-25.

RootinFerDukes
September 17th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Jmu also got votes after beating tech. It only lasted a week I think.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 06:46 PM
NDSU has been in the ORV category several times during the 5 peat.

Pinnum
September 17th, 2016, 10:38 PM
2013 http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/ap-poll/2013/17/

thebootfitter
September 17th, 2016, 10:52 PM
http://uproxx.com/sports/north-datoka-state-beats-iowa/

An Iowa fan posted on Bisonville that some of the voters themselves are encouraging each other to consider a vote for NDSU, but I didn't see a link posted.

The link above is more a headline for clicks than anything else, but I think NDSU will receive votes for sure. Whether it will be enough to actually crack the top 25 is another question. Possible, but...

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

HailSzczur
September 18th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Often times the champions get a vote in the last AP poll, we did in 2009 http://collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/seasons.cfm?seasonid=2009#.V94jj5grLb0

NDSU should receive a very solid # of votes. 60 voters? I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled in 20 votes. Optimistically 30.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Often times the champions get a vote in the last AP poll, we did in 2009 http://collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/seasons.cfm?seasonid=2009#.V94jj5grLb0

NDSU should receive a very solid # of votes. 60 voters? I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled in 20 votes. Optimistically 30.

IIRC NDSU got 17 after beating K-state

Twentysix
September 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
http://uproxx.com/sports/north-datoka-state-beats-iowa/

An Iowa fan posted on Bisonville that some of the voters themselves are encouraging each other to consider a vote for NDSU, but I didn't see a link posted.

The link above is more a headline for clicks than anything else, but I think NDSU will receive votes for sure. Whether it will be enough to actually crack the top 25 is another question. Possible, but...

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Hilarious, in the article they call them the Iowa State Hawkeyes.

Iowa State—which paid NDSU $500,000 (http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/136461/bison-pride-north-dakota-state-puts-fbs-winning-streak-on-the-line-vs-iowa) to come to Iowa City to beat the Hawkeyes—should have known better.

Milktruck74
September 18th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Now that is some hate...paying a team a half million dollars to go play (and beat) your rival.... Iowa State probably should have used that money on their own program. Haha.

CommishBigSmooth
September 18th, 2016, 01:23 PM
AP Top 25 just released-

-NDSU makes it to the ORV category at T27.

-Tied for 27th with UCLA in rankings (74 total points). TCU ranked #26 (132), Oklahoma #25 (139)

-Iowa- out of the poll. Came in 29th (47 pts)

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2016, 01:26 PM
That shows you how ignorant and biased the FBS coaches are. NDSU would do what they did to Iowa to ANY of the teams outside the top 10. And they would have done the same thing the last 3 years.

Just another reason to hate the FBS Herbstreit idiots.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 01:38 PM
The tradition of ranked FBS teams falling completely out of the rankings following their FCS loss continues!

edit: whoops I lied. They are #25 in the USA Today poll. What a joke.

The Yo Show
September 18th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Saw an Iowa poster saying, "Idk I think we still get enough votes to stay into the FCS top 10. Oh wait, we're FBS? Yeah no way we remain in the top 25..."
Interestingly enough, Iowa stayed in the top 25 of the coaches poll (they are 25th in the coaches poll). Why? Idk. Overrated? Highly

As an aside, an NDSU fan posted after the Iowa fan saying, "Idk, NDSU needed OT to beat the two FCS teams in the top 10. Didn't even need OT to beat Iowa. I think Iowa is in the top 25 in the FCS, but wouldn't say top 10."

- - - Updated - - -

Also, congrats Bison! My above post regarding Iowa was not taking anything away from the win. It was a good win!

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 01:44 PM
That shows you how ignorant and biased the FBS coaches are. NDSU would do what they did to Iowa to ANY of the teams outside the top 10. And they would have done the same thing the last 3 years.

Just another reason to hate the FBS Herbstreit idiots.

yep, outside of whoever finishes in the top 10 in FBS by bowl season, NDSU can and will beat any other team in the entire FBS field. All 118 of them.

Laker
September 19th, 2016, 09:21 AM
I was listening to the Bison-Hawkeyes game on my way to St. Cloud on Saturday. One of the announcers was mad at some of the Bison fans after halftime because they seemed satisfied to be down by seven. He was saying that they hadn't even been playing good offensively yet. Good attitude- being close isn't good enough, you need to win!

sgt smash
September 19th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I was listening to the Bison-Hawkeyes game on my way to St. Cloud on Saturday. One of the announcers was mad at some of the Bison fans after halftime because they seemed satisfied to be down by seven. He was saying that they hadn't even been playing good offensively yet. Good attitude- being close isn't good enough, you need to win!

That was an emotional motivational speech from former Bison great Phil Hansen. It was honestly pretty cool to hear. I was driving to Grand Forks listening to the game and that was the first time I had really heard him get that passionate.

On the way back to Fargo after 11 that night I was able to tune in to 1040 WHO out of Des Moines and heard the replay from the Iowa radio guys. Bison fans are so lucky to have the passion and pride that our radio announcers have. The Bison radio play by play was so much more fun to listen to. The Iowa guy almost lulled me to sleep at the wheel heading down I-29. We have it great in every aspect.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2016, 11:03 AM
The tradition of ranked FBS teams falling completely out of the rankings following their FCS loss continues!

edit: whoops I lied. They are #25 in the USA Today poll. What a joke.

Coaches can't vote for FCS teams, I kind of think Iowa staying in the top 25 was a sign of respect for NDSU.