PDA

View Full Version : About Albany

Stonewall D
September 16th, 2016, 01:36 AM
How real is Albany? They are definitely on a roll.. My impression is that Albany is well coached.

Lehigh'98
September 16th, 2016, 05:23 AM
There matchup this week against Holy Cross, a team that beat them 37-0 last year, will give you a decent idea. They will probably be competitive in the CAA if they can win here by 14+.

RedFlash
September 16th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Greg Gattuso really did a nice job at Duquesne before jumping to Pitt to coach the defensive line when Dave Wannstadt was the coach there. He's got some former NFL players on his staff which I think never hurts in terms of recruiting. I'll be curious to see how tomorrow's game goes as StFU visits Albany next week.

Gangtackle11
September 16th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Gattuso is a good coach. Albany is coming on & will make noise in the CAA in the next few years.

UAalum72
September 16th, 2016, 08:07 AM
The soph QB Sussman hasn't quite put it together yet, and DJ Crook is a little limited on the throws he can make. Ibitokun-Hanks has carried almost the whole load at RB. Probably as a result there are complaints on our board that the offensive scheme is too vanilla. The PK missed a couple of chippies at Buffalo and tried none at Rhody. But so far everybody's pretty happy with the defense.

Dane96
September 16th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Agreed. Our QB situation is just not settled...not even close. I fully believe they are stashing Brunson for next year. Kid has an arm and is a gunslinger. Still slight of build.

If Sussman and Crook can give us anything, we will be solid. Our D is lights out right now...light years ahead of last years team. Ibitokan-Hanks may be one of the Top 3 RB's in the league...with huge upside.

I still think we are two years away from really challenging, and that this year so far has been surprising, so this week and next week will be telling. St. Francis has looked very good this year...so we have three interesting games in a row (Holy Cross; St. Francis; and Richmond).

2-1 in that spell, with a loss coming to Richmond that is close...would be a really good sign.

UNHWildcat18
September 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Can't remember the thread but I remember saying Albany was going to be good based off their recruiting classes from 2-3 years ago. I don't think they are first or second place in the CAA but I think they can compete for 3-4 with the 4-5 teams that usually do. I expect their defense to play better than UNH's against HC so I see them winning this week as well.

Little Stevie
September 16th, 2016, 10:08 AM
saw Albany last week and they are legit.
7 win team,maybe playoffs.
Rhody gave it away as usual,not a slight on Albany,just tough to get a gauge on any opponent when Rhody self implodes as always.

Stonewall D
September 16th, 2016, 11:56 AM
2-1 in that spell, with a loss coming to Richmond that is close...would be a really good sign.

IMHO, this could be a break-out year for Albany.

The Boogie Down
September 16th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Gattuso is a good coach. Albany is coming on & will make noise in the CAA in the next few years.

Even way back in his Duquesne days, I always wondered if perhaps the PL picked the wrong MAAC team to be a football associate.