PDA

View Full Version : Another compelling question….

TxSt02
January 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
No disrepect to App State... I think it is wonderful that you guys repeated...

---but---

everybody please ask 5 people that you work with, have school with or are friends with who won the I-AA Championship err... I mean Division I Football Playoff Subdivision Championship...

please respond back here with your results...

:thumbsup:

OL FU
January 2nd, 2007, 04:21 PM

---but---

everybody please ask 5 people that you work with, have school with or are friends with who won the I-AA Championship err... I mean Division I Football Playoff Subdivision Championship...

Why should I ask them when I can ask five people on AGS or the Wofford board, or the App Board of the Furman board. Why should I ask them when I can ask people that matter:nod:

No disrespect intended

dungeonjoe
January 2nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Why should I ask them when I can ask five people on AGS or the Wofford board, or the App Board of the Furman board. Why should I ask them when I can ask people that matter:nod:

No disrespect intended

you go to the Wofford board??
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup:

TxSt02
January 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM

No disrespect intended

1. Its a game, play along...

2. People that matter... don't understand that... People that matter for this little poll are people that don't sweat I-AA football like all of us here...

lizrdgizrd
January 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM

---but---

Are you trying to prove that there is less public knowledge of the FCS?

That's a given.

I think we'll all agree that the public doesn't follow FCS football like it does the FBS. We've been complaining about how the media (read ESPN, SI, etc) choose to ignore us except when they want to push for an FBS playoff system.

Are you really trying to say that because fewer people know about FCS football that it is inferior? :nono:

B&G
January 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
I could ask 5 people who won the World Series this year and I bet the majority of people I work with wouldn't know.

BigApp
January 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
no disrespect taken here. I fully understand what your axin.

Before I ask, the 5 guys next to me (who actually follow football) went to Clemson, Maryland, Alabama, Iowa and South Carolina...

BTW, I do know that none of the 5 watched the championship game

bison95
January 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
I could ask 5 people who won the World Series this year and I bet the majority of people I work with wouldn't know.

If I asked the 5 I work with who won the Rose Bowl yesterday, I guarntee 0 would get it right. If I asked what time Lawerence Welk is on they would probably have an answer.

flea
January 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM

---but---

I could ask 5 people I know that question & the only reply I would get is

American Football huh rugby for wimpsxidiotx

:bang: :bang:

BigApp
January 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
well, they ALL 5 knew the answer...but if you knew me, it ain't hard for them to have figured it out.

Eyes of Old Main
January 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM

Of course he does, ALL the cool people visit the Wofford board.

Silly Joe...

youwouldno
January 3rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
It's pointless to do polls like this. People are just too dumb. And obviously FCS football doesn't get plastered all over the media, which is the only way anyone has heard of anything. How many people can name Boise St's starting QB? If you are talking about the general population, it's under 5% without question. Probably way under once ESPN stops talking about the Boise-Okla. game.

Plus, the average football FAN doesn't know that much let alone random people.

spelunker64
January 3rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Zero

...and who did win the world series?

HiHiYikas
January 3rd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Zero

I should know that one...was it the Cardinals?

Wait...they already played the Rose Bowl?

Anybody who can read would just look at my shirt when I ask that question.

I have actually had random people (In Richmond, 315 miles from Boone) point to my non-championship Appalachian shirt and say "hey, didn't they win the national championship." It might not happen in, say, Idaho...

Then again, people have pointed at my Washington Nationals jersey and asked "wait, is that a baseball team?"

This is a little like asking how many people own Toby Keith albums vs. Son Volt albums. How many people have read The DaVinci Code vs. Ulysses.

CSUBUCDAD
January 3rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
5 for 5 here boys. I work with a bunch of football fanatics so that was easy. Plus they always dog me for pulling for lowly CSU so they hear plenty on FCS every year from me.

jmuroller
January 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
If I asked 5 people who won the Division 1-A Nat'l Championship last year I bet the majority wouldn't know. Not everyone sweats sports like we do.

OL FU
January 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM

Only with your permission:nod:

McNeese72
January 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM

---but---

While you are at it, ask them who won the New Orleans Bowl and see what kind of answers you get?

What is your point?

Doc

TxSt02
January 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
While you are at it, ask them who won the New Orleans Bowl and see what kind of answers you get?

What is your point?

Doc

you get the point... b/c you will get the same answers...

guys we are at the New Orleans Bowl level...

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
well, they ALL 5 knew the answer...but if you knew me, it ain't hard for them to have figured it out.

That's my problem too...:thumbsup:

I'm always talking FCS football. The fact LSU has play Appalachian St in recent years doesn't hurt...:D

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2007, 06:12 PM

You should tell your friends at Texas State that considering you guys have Sun Belt aspirations...:hurray:

You folks would be better off at this level while losing less $$$...

appisgreatest
January 3rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
5 out of 5 got it right

Mike Johnson
January 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Are you trying to prove that there is less public knowledge of the FCS?

That's a given.

I think we'll all agree that the public doesn't follow FCS football like it does the FBS. We've been complaining about how the media (read ESPN, SI, etc) choose to ignore us except when they want to push for an FBS playoff system.

Are you really trying to say that because fewer people know about FCS football that it is inferior? :nono:

I would guess that in these polls, the only people who know what FCS and FBS are, also know that Appalachian State won the FCS. Nobody else has a clue what FBS and FCS are.

JohnStOnge
January 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
I think I've seen something in some of the recent threads. It's the idea that what is important is what other people think of you.

To me, when you accomplish something you accomplish it. This thing where what's most important is whether other people recognize it or not is, to me, umimportant.

When you accomplish anything in life, you know what you did. Worrying about whether other people recognize it or not...whether or not you get a lot of publicity for it...is ego.

TxSt02
January 3rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
I think I've seen something in some of the recent threads. It's the idea that what is important is what other people think of you.

To me, when you accomplish something you accomplish it. This thing where what's most important is whether other people recognize it or not is, to me, umimportant.

When you accomplish anything in life, you know what you did. Worrying about whether other people recognize it or not...whether or not you get a lot of publicity for it...is ego.

are you a high school guidance counselor?

lizrdgizrd
January 4th, 2007, 07:49 AM

No, we're at the FCS level. You don't have crappy teams in post season play (usually ;) ) at our level.

Appaholic
January 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Zero

.....does it matter....I mean, am I the only person out here who thinks the most overhyped event outside of BCS and Olympics is Major League Baseball? Is MLB even relevant? :giveadamn:

I'm sorry....focus......3 out of 5 got it right....since I have a copy of Championship Newspaper above my desk (doesn't say much for other two, but they are Western Carolina grads) : retard :

Appaholic
January 4th, 2007, 11:56 AM
No, we're at the FCS level. You don't have crappy teams in post season play (usually ;) ) at our level.

:nod: xsmileyclapx :rotateh: Amen & Good Point :rotateh: xsmileyclapx :nod:

MarkCCU
January 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM
theres 2 people other than myself in the office, and i know they don't know. they're Clemson alum

OhioHen
January 4th, 2007, 12:37 PM
3/5 knew Appalachian State was FCS champion (and two of them knew UMass was the opponent in the championship game).

Same group - 1/5 knew winner of Las Vegas Bowl, 2/5 knew Gator Bowl.

FCS better known in this particular group than one of the January 1 bowls.

MarkCCU
January 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM
How many people have read The DaVinci Code vs. Ulysses.

I've read Ulysses...found the DaVinci Code extremely boring

AppMan
January 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM

---but---

No disrespect taken. Your point is a valid one and anyone who doesn't understand it as such has their head in the sand.

BrevardMountaineer03
January 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Yeah, I had about 2-3 people the Monday after the Championship call me to congratulate my team on winning the Championship, I don't think that's very fair to the poll.

blackfordpu
January 4th, 2007, 08:00 PM

What are you trying to prove with this "poll?"

You are on a FCS board, why are you trying to diminish it's importance in college football?

TexasTerror
January 4th, 2007, 08:10 PM
What are you trying to prove with this "poll?"

You are on a FCS board, why are you trying to diminish it's importance in college football?

TxSt02 is like a good majority of those Bobcat fans who have FBS pipe dreams...Sun Belt, Sun Belt...

So, he's wondering if the Sun Belt champion gets more awareness than FCS...